• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the nun chuks.

El Jefe

Smash Rookie
When I first started playing brawl, and for a good year or so after, I played with the old gamecube controllers.

A few months ago, though, I ended up playing with the nunchuks. There were only 3 GC controllers, and 4 players.

Well, I ended up liking the chuks a lot, and I've been playing with them ever since. They didn't have any noticeable effect on the way I played, they just felt more comfortable.

It seems like most people will opt towards using a GC controller any day. Is this simply a matter of preference or do the chord controllers actually have advantages that I'm not aware of?

ludvigpasse

Smash Cadet
im also using the wiimote+nunchuck, there are a few differences, but they can be nulified.

1. Without a C-STICK you cant Dacus, but set the upp/downarrows to smashes, and run, downarrow+upparrow in the right timing depending on the char ur using, and there you go, now you got the dacus.

2. When playing iceclimbers, you wont be able to forwardsmash while grabbing some1 with popo, however, this is a small price to pay. if you main ice-climbers, then you can set the left+rightarrow to smashes aswell and grab with some other buttom, like a+b or 1. And you got the whole C-STICK

EDIT: since the wiimote is wireless, the lag between the input+attack showing might be a frame or so longer, but i havent noticed any difference, but i cant spot a difference by 1 frame..

ludvigpasse

Smash Cadet
one more question, do they allow you to use chucks at tourneys?

As far is i know they do allow the nunchuck in most turneys one exeption is at MGL tho, their reason for not allowing is that it might disrupt other IR stuff? (source needed) there or something even tho its very unlikely so they dont got a valid reason for banning them acording to me.

Atlantian

Smash Rookie
I usually use a GameCube controller when I play Brawl. I guess it's just because I was so used to it when I played Melee that I wasn't able to properly adjust with another controller when Brawl was released.

Top Bottom