• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I'm getting kind of a mixed message. You're saying it's better for tourney players, but they get bodied offline?

IDK. My point wasn't in that specific detail, but if you have that kind of skill, then props to you. I thought that good Brawl players had pretty much vanished.

Hell, I might even come back to vanilla if things are looking up like this. I think I'm somehow even worse at PM than Brawl, lol.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
You guys shouldn't get so bent out of shape about skill. Just remember that everyone here is complete **** compared to tourney-level players, lol.
I can promise you that statement is irrelevant, I beat a lot of tourney players. I can give you names. And honestly, WiFi is better for tourney players, you know why? Because the WiFi players that do stuff like Salem can't completely achieve that task. There is just lag there, where tourney players just know how to adapt and do to win. Kingtoon beats Salem all the time on WiFi, but gets 2-0'd in a tourney, my point? WiFi holds people back, and I know I would bring something new to the tourney scene, unfortunately, I'm stuck with work and stuff, it's sad but meh. And College is right around the corner.

Edit: Sorry, old post was acting dumb, had to fix that real quickly.

Yes, many WiFi players are better than tourney players, and lag benefits tourney players more, because they have better experience towards adapting. Sure man, would be glad to, as long as there isn't too much lag, then everything will be good. PM is weird, I prefer Melee (that's just my opinion).

Last edited:

PHNX

Smash Apprentice
As a lucario, i have only one role model. Trela plays in such a different way then so many other people. He knows so much about lucario's limitations that im just figuring out, he's even done a few things that ive personally never seen anywhere. ill post a video that ive posted here before that to me is the defintion of a real lucario player. Im constantly trying to replicate his speed and precision from this video along with certain tactics such as his use of the reverse aura sphere and a crazy pivot grab combo. you'll know it when you see it. Even if he didnt win the set, the first match was amazing and I will not stop until i play at this kind of level.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I know that feel. When I played Brawl and mained Fox, Yui was my god. The Japanese were the only ones who ever used him to his full potential, and it reflected in their results.

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
I'm getting kind of a mixed message. You're saying it's better for tourney players, but they get bodied offline?

IDK. My point wasn't in that specific detail, but if you have that kind of skill, then props to you. I thought that good Brawl players had pretty much vanished.

Hell, I might even come back to vanilla if things are looking up like this. I think I'm somehow even worse at PM than Brawl, lol.
You were better than me, if I remember correctly. But everybody is. lol But I don't care. It's all in good fun!

Fixed. See I can't even get my posts right. But I'm still laughing!

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
More like even, lol. But I think I'm starting to figure things out again and pick out flaws in my game, so I shouldn't be awful forever.

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
More like even, lol. But I think I'm starting to figure things out again and pick out flaws in my game, so I shouldn't be awful forever.
I think I've reached my full potential. LOL Never was too ambitious!
TAUNT PARTY ON!

That said, I haven't been beat up all day. Any takers?

Last edited:

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
well anyways if anyone wants to brawl let me know, ill be waiting
I'm here ready to troll you with Pikachu! Come on!

I still have you in my roster. Let me know if you still have problems.

Last edited:

SIN Shinryu

Smash Cadet
Anyone wanna play or anything? Hit me up with a message. I'd be playing Project M but I can't get it to work.

Friend Code: 2411-1819-8457
Name: Shin
Playing: Prob some randoms, idk.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Uh...you just reposted what you already said...
Edit: Sorry, old post was acting dumb, had to fix that real quickly.

Yes, many WiFi players are better than tourney players, and lag benefits tourney players more, because they have better experience towards adapting. Sure man, would be glad to, as long as there isn't too much lag, then everything will be good. PM is weird, I prefer Melee (that's just my opinion).

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I guess I can understand that to a degree, but wouldn't it severely **** with your timing? From personal experience, I always feel odd playing offline after online because your actions are usually delayed by a few frames on Wifi.

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I guess I can understand that to a degree, but wouldn't it severely **** with your timing? From personal experience, I always feel odd playing offline after online because your actions are usually delayed by a few frames on Wifi.
Yes, it's because WiFi players practice their stuff Offline, and then play Online (which is dumb but that's the only way to do anything). I do the same thing with my Link, practice Offline with techs and stuff, then brawl Online. I know it holds me back to a huge degree, but it's what I have and stuff. Offline players or tourney players know already from experience how to win matches with disadvantages, so, WiFi lag isn't a big deal to them, they can just find ways through camping and stuff. But of course, there are WiFi players that can adapt as well, only it's rare, and they don't have the experience to endure ways around it. I've been playing since 2008, and I still mess up on WiFi no matter what, and Offline I'm pretty much flawless. It's just how the Cookie crumbles, man.

And no one is Online, want to brawl for a while? Here's my Fc btw: 0903 5382 1196

Last edited:

PHNX

Smash Apprentice
Yes, it's because WiFi players practice their stuff Offline, and then play Online (which is dumb but that's the only way to do anything). I do the same thing with my Link, practice Offline with techs and stuff, then brawl Online. I know it holds me back to a huge degree, but it's what I have and stuff. Offline players or tourney players know already from experience how to win matches with disadvantages, so, WiFi lag isn't a big deal to them, they can just find ways through camping and stuff. But of course, there are WiFi players that can adapt as well, only it's rare, and they don't have the experience to endure ways around it. I've been playing since 2008, and I still mess up on WiFi no matter what, and Offline I'm pretty much flawless. It's just how the Cookie crumbles, man.

And no one is Online, want to brawl for a while? Here's my Fc btw: 0903 5382 1196
if you're still able to brawl i would be up for it

Cr5_01

Smash Apprentice
god i hate wifi. i can read ikes moves from a mile away but i still get hit because of the lag. hows your connection?
GGs PHNX. Sorry about not responding to your messages earlier. I log out to try and prevent lag. It was laggy but I've played through worse. Sorry I didn't stay Snake. Unless I'm practicing a specific match-up I like to rotate between characters. Next time! I'm not the best at giving advice, but be careful with your attacks on the ledge!

PHNX

Smash Apprentice
GGs PHNX. Sorry about not responding to your messages earlier. I log out to try and prevent lag. It was laggy but I've played through worse. Sorry I didn't stay Snake. Unless I'm practicing a specific match-up I like to rotate between characters. Next time! I'm not the best at giving advice, but be careful with your attacks on the ledge!
yeah dude np thanks so much I really enjoyed those matches, there was less lag than I'm used to because you're closer to me than other people, so i was able to try a lot harder! We should really do this again sometime i had a lot of fun!

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord

Yeah, I know how you feel. I moved to the upper peninsula of Michigan a couple years ago (yes, there are actually people there, but not many) and the nearest tournament scenes would be around 7 hours from me. So I plan on sticking with Wifi, lol.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
I know that feel. When I played Brawl and mained Fox, Yui was my god. The Japanese were the only ones who ever used him to his full potential, and it reflected in their results.
I still remember watching the Mikehaze vs Leon Marth match shortly after my return to smashboards in 2012, at that point I decided to main Marth but during that year I slowly started to get better. I didn't learn to play technical until 2013 hit, as that year progressed and while I brawled different opponents only once ( both well known and not well known players) and made some friends, I had a blast while it lasted.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
ok im back if anyone is ready to play let me know
1. Stop multi-posting, edit your posts if you have more to say before someone else posts.
2. I'll play.

PHNX

Smash Apprentice
lol sorry about that

i wish we had better connection, it would be a much better experience

nothing personal about leaving im not trying to be a poor sport, but i really dont enjoy battles with that much lag. I really do like playing you, its just harder to enjoy when you cant input moves on reaction. maybe we can try another time. I'll just wait for someone closer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom