• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Yuta

Smash Rookie
ggs ;) sorry for spamming... the wifi was really slow, so I dsmashed twice in a row alot, sorry abt that:) rose were amazingly fun games, and I really enjoyed them! you always came back In the end. I look forward to playing with you again, rose!

Last edited:

Rose alumna

Smash Journeyman
sorry for spamming... the wifi was really slow, so I dsmashed twice in a row alot, sorry abt that:) rose were amazingly fun games, and I really enjoyed them! you always came back In the end. I look forward to playing with you again, rose!
aww thx hope to see u again on the battle feald hope u return before wifi shuts down

brawl any one

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Oops. Didnt see you there. I ll be there just one sec.

Oh ill host
GG's! Your Sheik and Falco are really good. I've never played a Ganon that does the Down B after a Side B. Pretty interesting technique. I shouldn't have won as Toon link either time lol. Your Falco is pretty solid. I couldn't time my attacks for all of those ledge hops I let you get away with... That connection sucked so much. I think we both felt it haha. I don't normally play against Sheik so it was fun while I could stand that lag lol. I rolled, F-smashed, and other bad crap because that laggy mess... The Mario ditto was pretty fun too. I want to play you more under a better connection. I feel like I'd do a lot better lol.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
GGs Cap'n. That zelda was pretty cool, minus the din spam and whatnot. But I wanted to kick your a$$ with falco and my sheik, but im no good at platform stages...-__= then the lag had to pick up there... but yeah we should fight again. good night!

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
GG's! Your Sheik and Falco are really good. I've never played a Ganon that does the Down B after a Side B. Pretty interesting technique. I shouldn't have won as Toon link either time lol. Your Falco is pretty solid. I couldn't time my attacks for all of those ledge hops I let you get away with... That connection sucked so much. I think we both felt it haha. I don't normally play against Sheik so it was fun while I could stand that lag lol. I rolled, F-smashed, and other bad crap because that laggy mess... The Mario ditto was pretty fun too. I want to play you more under a better connection. I feel like I'd do a lot better lol.

Ah. that ganon's nothing. But thanks X) Eh your TL was alright maybe you deserved those matches. But yeah I love me a good Falco and sheik match over all other match-ups. yeaaah I was throwing out my fair share of shameful attacks,but hey whatcha gonna do? XD

Oh yeah that mario mirror was righteous! Yup til next time buddy

PZ

Smash Lord
@ Zatchiel Zatchiel Good games... I wish I could save the good bit of those games for future reviewing to improve a little but alas sakurai didn't not think people wanted to save replays more than 3 mins. Also I would have changed character but I did not use falcon for a while. Most of my recent games with people were using random secondaries.
I am sure I probably would have stood a better chance with my kirby or mario but I rather use the character I wanna play with the most. I could also go on with my mistakes regarding punishing and how I could not figure what to do against your until it was too late or really didn't matter but meh I think I did solid overall.
I hope we can play again because again salt and such. O yeah I should probably use the characters I wanna play in smash 4 the most so expect more Samus and maybe ZSS if I knew what I was doing lol. Kirby is also included in that list...so many new b moves whoot!

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Outstanding games, PZ. I was able to deal with your spotdodges much better during the first several games against your Falcon, and I'd say that got you playing a lot better and switching up your options more out of shield. Felt like my play got a little iffy halfway through, but thankfully I picked up and started playing good again before the last few games. I foolishly attempted to tech that Falcon Punch on Castle Siege by DIing down and hoping I hit the ground soon afterward. Good read. I think that's the first time I've been Falcon Punched in... a while. Quite refreshing. I shouldn't try to challenge Falcon in the air so much when I'm trying to get back down to avoid being juggled when I'm so vertically close to the stage already. Ike's aerials were typically just a few frames from coming out before Falcon u-aired or b-aired him out of 'em. Falcon's aerial chases are pretty terrifying for him, though, so my attempt at using the aerials isn't without justification.

Your Falcon did brilliant, though. Had a blast playing with you

I enjoy the Kirby matchup especially with Ganondorf. So I likely would've switched off of Ike had you brought out your preferred flavor of bubblgum. :applejack:

PZ

Smash Lord
Outstanding games, PZ. I was able to deal with your spotdodges much better during the first several games against your Falcon, and I'd say that got you playing a lot better and switching up your options more out of shield. Felt like my play got a little iffy halfway through, but thankfully I picked up and started playing good again before the last few games. I foolishly attempted to tech that Falcon Punch on Castle Siege by DIing down and hoping I hit the ground soon afterward. Good read. I think that's the first time I've been Falcon Punched in... a while. Quite refreshing. I shouldn't try to challenge Falcon in the air so much when I'm trying to get back down to avoid being juggled when I'm so vertically close to the stage already. Ike's aerials were typically just a few frames from coming out before Falcon u-aired or b-aired him out of 'em. Falcon's aerial chases are pretty terrifying for him, though, so my attempt at using the aerials isn't without justification.

Your Falcon did brilliant, though. Had a blast playing with you

I enjoy the Kirby matchup especially with Ganondorf. So I likely would've switched off of Ike had you brought out your preferred flavor of bubblgum. :applejack:
O wow thanks! Your ike has improved alot with recovering. Most of the time I would die trying to do anything against it. I also like how you save your second jump for when you really need it(PRO IKE). I should try that because the second jump improves aerial momentum and would my butt in quite a few situations. Amazing techs as usual! I wish I could tech as much as you because a lot of the times when you hit me with jab 3 I would DI into the stage but not floor tech.
I want some advice my friend but besides that here is a few questions.
How do I DI out of ike's jab because I forgot...
Should I go for followups after jab or continue jabbing? It seemed halfway through our matches I learned that you would jab me if I went for a followup most of the time so I jab cancelled my jabs so you think to escape rather than show who has the better jab.
How do I deal with ike planking? It might be a little selfish to ask that but every time you were on the edge I would take a lot of damage or just end up leaving you alone until you get off your little edge.
Should I never try to punish ike's usmash? It seems that when you use that move ike makes his hurtbox smaller to the point where I am attacking olimar, kirby, character crouched etc.
I can't seem to punish Ike's jab no matter what I do...what do?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
How do I DI out of ike's jab because I forgot...
Up and away. I wouldn't specifically say DI, but rather SDI. Just trying to DI the jabs will give you ASDI, which isn't really helpful and competent Ikes can track that much easier than SDI.

Should I go for followups after jab or continue jabbing? It seemed halfway through our matches I learned that you would jab me if I went for a followup most of the time so I jab cancelled my jabs so you think to escape rather than show who has the better jab.
It's just as optional as with most of the cast. The only reason I was able to jab is because I was close enough to the ground following the jab to land and get my jab out before you went for an option (other than shield, which generally results in you powershielding jab 1). I just have a tougher time escaping jab cancels because of my tilt stick setup with Ike. After the jab, you're better off either shielding, rolling behind me, or jabbing until my SDI makes me go high enough for you to safely follow up with a grab. I would very seldom opt to jump out of the cancel, because if I lose my second jump, I lose a lot of options. You're much more likely to land the grab after jab canceling if you go for a shield after canceling it. :applejack:

How do I deal with ike planking? It might be a little selfish to ask that but every time you were on the edge I would take a lot of damage or just end up leaving you alone until you get off your little edge.
You don't, as Falcon. If you're out of range for Aether stall as an attack, you should also be out of range for any of Ike's ledgehopped aerials. From there, he's either going to empty ledgehop, ledgehop airdodge, ledge jump, or use an empty get up. Ledgehop quickdraw might be used as a mixup if you're far enough away from the ledge, but this is almost instinctively reacted to with a shield if you're close enough for it to actually hit. If it cancels, you can either jab or go aerial. When he's above 100%, his options become much more sparse. Mainly just ledgehopped stuff, Aether stalling, and ledge jumps. One really useful thing you can do while you wait onstage is count how many times Ike uses Aether to grab the ledge. He can only do it five times before the ledge shuns him and lets him keep falling after using Aether. Most Ikes will only use it once or twice, maybe three times, if you're near, before they decide to come onstage to reset their Aether ledge grabs count. Don't try to stage spike while he's hanging on the ledge, because super armor dictates that he'll make it onstage before you unless he has a really predictable ledge game. Reverse Aether can also spike you, or pull your shield in to get you offstage if you try to shield the Aether. Overall, just space yourself appropriately from the ledge, and go for punishing Aether with u-tilt, u-air (if he's high enough), and d-air when the opportunity presents itself. Otherwise, just let him stall and punish his ledge recovery options.

Should I never try to punish ike's usmash? It seems that when you use that move ike makes his hurtbox smaller to the point where I am attacking olimar, kirby, character crouched etc.
Of course. Just know WHEN you have time to punish it. It does have some lenient IASA frames, to my understanding, as I can usually interrupt people's punishment attempts with turnaround jabs, b-air, or even another usmash (hyphen smash). For a quick punish, dash attack, short hop n-air or SHFF u-air should do the trick. Falcon Kick works too if his percent is high enough to make punishment impossible if it hits, which I'm sure you understand as much as I do. If you never try to punish it, that's a big opportunity you're giving up. It really is uber punishable as his other smashes are, but it's his safest because of the IASA frames and its arc. I don't know about it making him harder to hit afterward with how he crouches, though. I've never heard about that.

I can't seem to punish Ike's jab no matter what I do...what do?
If you shield all of the hits (which shouldn't be happening often since using jab 3 on a shield is usually dangerous), and you're still onstage, facing Ike, go for a u-tilt. If he jabs again, he gets outranged. If he goes for a short hop aerial, he loses in speed. If you see him finish his jab on nothing, and you're not in the air near him, it's safe to assume you shouldn't go for a punish. Maybe a grab or jab if you're behind him, but anything else is likely just gonna get you turnaround jabbed, grabbed, or b-aired. If you're spaced well enough, u-tilt work work fine too, maybe even tipper dsmash. If Ike is just jab canceling on your shield, I'd go for an up B after one of the hits if he's too far away to grab you. I'd only do this when he's above 50-60%, though. It's one of Falcon's underused out of shield options, to my notion, and it has use in this MU. Otherwise, just try rolling. Better to roll away so that he can't reliably punish with anything more than dash attack if he sees it coming. You could spy him going aerial if he's trying to punish with f-air before you even roll, because if he went for it at the same time as your roll, it'd get powershielded as soon as your roll finished. :applejack:

PZ

Smash Lord
@ Zatchiel Zatchiel Wonderful answers. I really didn't know about that limit on aether planking. It seems similar to how many times tink, link, and samus can grab the edge with zair. I will definitely keep that in mind. I wonder what other characters have that limits how many times they can grab the edge

I do try to powershield the jab 1 after getting the cancel but I sometimes mess up my jab cancels and go to gentleman or rapid which are both horrible. Other times I mess up the perfect shield punish. Oh yea during the closest match we had(latest castle siege) I did up b OOS for the last kill thinking that it should work. To be honest, I am sure you could do it against more moves like marth's fair but usually I don't like the risks if I fail to do it properly.

The IASA frames of ike's usmash always make me feel like the shield knock back with that makes that move somewhat safe. Man, I not sure how I feel about those OOS options against ike's usmash but I will give them a try. I know I dash attack and falcon kick but I am not sure if SHFF uair would work and due to the nature of brawl falcon's bad hitboxes I don't I will give it a try anytime soon. SH nair however is something I never think to do in general. I am sure if you actually see how small his hurtbox is after using usmash than you would think twice about it.

Oh yea that falcon punch I got on you will be remembered forever however most falcon punches I throw out are pretty much the most random thing I could do. As of nowm I think I should re-think my ledge options as falcon. I noticed that whenever I am on the edge I don't make good decisions. I stay alive with what I do but you can tell I am too scared to make a move by how long I stay on the edge or hold shield after actually getting on stage. Oh yea I still take unnecessary hits at high percents but not as much as the last time right?

Saimunn93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Saimunn93
Since Wi-Fi is ending soon...I think I wanna play some Brawl with you guys before it ends. :I

I'll be on later.
Oiiiiii mister Oraaange!

We have only very few days remaining until the network will be disabled, so you better be online in the upcoming two weeks on a regular basis misturrrr!

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
Alright I'll be there in a bit

Edit: GGs Scraket this definitely one of the better connections I had in some time though it said yellow. Nice Lucas haven't fought someone who solely mains that character in a while.

Word of advice. If you're going to dair into a lock you should rise up with the move from the ground. Do that instead of trying it from in the air it works better.

I think you shouldn't quit matches if you're down plenty personally. Its always possible to comeback, and even from 3-1 stocks between people.

I can't tell you how to play though lol.

I enjoyed the matches, and I'm glad I got to play you.

Last edited:

IKEkameHAMEha

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5300-8881-3567
Am i the only one that has ever had a relationship with someone in basic brawl taunt paties?
like im link and i would just duck for the whole match and protect someone else when someone attacked me or her lol

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Well, it seems as if I really like to pop my head in and out of here often. xP
So, after another somewhat long break, would anyone like to brawl?

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Am i the only one that has ever had a relationship with someone in basic brawl taunt paties?
like im link and i would just duck for the whole match and protect someone else when someone attacked me or her lol
Your first mistake is being in a taunt party.... Do it again and I'll do this to you.... and your taunt party

(I just wanted an excuse to post this lol. My empty threat is meaningless.) :grin:

Last edited:

SmashBurner

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BurnAce
3DS FC
3754-8538-3606
Anyone up for a few rounds in Brawl?

Edit: I'll play you @ Amical Amical

Last edited:

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Anyone up for a few rounds in Brawl?

Edit: I'll play you @ Amical Amical
Wow, I'm terrible now. xP That last match all my relatives just started coming home, and the house was flooded with all of them trying to talk with me, so I was really distracted.
Good games, though! Sorry to leave so soon~

SmashBurner

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BurnAce
3DS FC
3754-8538-3606
All righty then, let's see what happens after not touching the controller for a long while~
Thank you for the games Amical. That long quick skid into A UP smash was epic. I've never seen a Shiek do that before.

Edit: No problem at all. Let's play again sometime.

Edit 2: @ link and ike lover link and ike lover - sure, I'll be hanging around for a bit.

Last edited:

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Thank you for the games Amical. That long quick skid into A UP smash was epic. I've never seen a Shiek do that before.
Ah, that's a DACUS. :3 It's a dash attack cancelled directly into a USmash. All characters can do it, but few of them get anywhere close to the distance Sheik goes~

SmashBurner

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BurnAce
3DS FC
3754-8538-3606
Ah, that's a DACUS. :3 It's a dash attack cancelled directly into a USmash. All characters can do it, but few of them get anywhere close to the distance Sheik goes~
It's epic. When I first saw it I went 8V "woah"

Top Bottom