• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Lucario joins Smash 4. Crap, guess I have to start learning how to use Lucario now. Trela and Richie vids here I come!!!

Yuta

Smash Rookie
Thanks so much for playing with me zach! I hope I improved after getting destroyed so hard! Can you give me some tips on how to improve my pikachu, and how to practice with him? I used to main falco, but I couldn't use his lasers nearly as efficiently as you do...

Ps who do you main?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Good games Yutaaaa. c: Although not advised, I actually liked how your Meta Knight was playing, haha. Makes me have to think around punishing MK without getting shuttle looped or d-smashed. If you're picking him up, I'd say use more aerials, more tilts, and camp more against characters when it wouldn't hurt to do so against them (i.e. not Sheik, Toon Link, etc.). With Pika, use some more aerials, more grabs, and don't be afraid to use more d-tilt and u-tilt. Pika's smashes aren't all that safe.

For future reference, though, don't even taunt to express praise. After killing you every time, I was constantly worrying about whether you'd taunt or just start attacking me.

>mfw I get a good kill and wait for you to taunt

>mfw I get attacked

gloves off den idgaf

And I main Ike.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'll play if you'd like to. The person I was going to play seems to have bailed.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
I'll play a few if you'd like :)
Good games! Salt in that last match. xD I've been losing every single last match I play with everyone lately. We also had a lot of boomerang shenanigans going on there. xP
Just a few pointers:
You charge your smashes quite a lot. Now, as Link, I understand that it's practical when your boomerang is pulling your opponent in. However, you also seem to have a habit of doing it when you're farther away. You can't expect your opponent to run into your charged smashes 100% of the time, if at all~
You're also very campy. I know that Link is a pretty campy character, but you almost never approached. But if you want to camp, then work on your projectile pressure. Link is great at that. I'm just horrible with avoiding projectiles, so that's why I kept getting hit, lol, but in truth, your camping was really predictable. That was also why I hit you with AS so much.
Then, you might want to work on your ledge game. In our first matches, you always used a get up attack. Then, once I started hitting you hard for it, you finally began to mix it up a little. There are plenty of ways to get back on the ledge other than a get up attack. Also, nearly every time you ledge jumped, you seemed to use your Dair. You also used it to follow me off the ledge. Just going to say that it's very easy to see coming.
I had fun, let's play again sometime~
^^

gaborap

Smash Journeyman
Good games! Salt in that last match. xD I've been losing every single last match I play with everyone lately. We also had a lot of boomerang shenanigans going on there. xP
Just a few pointers:
You charge your smashes quite a lot. Now, as Link, I understand that it's practical when your boomerang is pulling your opponent in. However, you also seem to have a habit of doing it when you're farther away. You can't expect your opponent to run into your charged smashes 100% of the time, if at all~
You're also very campy. I know that Link is a pretty campy character, but you almost never approached. But if you want to camp, then work on your projectile pressure. Link is great at that. I'm just horrible with avoiding projectiles, so that's why I kept getting hit, lol, but in truth, your camping was really predictable. That was also why I hit you with AS so much.
Then, you might want to work on your ledge game. In our first matches, you always used a get up attack. Then, once I started hitting you hard for it, you finally began to mix it up a little. There are plenty of ways to get back on the ledge other than a get up attack. Also, nearly every time you ledge jumped, you seemed to use your Dair. You also used it to follow me off the ledge. Just going to say that it's very easy to see coming.
I had fun, let's play again sometime~
^^
Thanks for the advice! Yeah I know I was a bit campy. I'm trying not to charge in as much because link always has the disadvantage at close range. I was trying to get the percentage up before attacking hard. I really need to practice my edge game though. Link is tough to play with sometimes; I won't give up though :)

Top Bottom