• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Lurk lurk. I dunno I dunno the netcode man. it's a total no no in dubz.

But idk i could never get matches here.

Edit: got a match, never mind guys.

gaborap

Smash Journeyman
I'll host in a sec. See you on.
Yeah I'll play if you still want. We could have a group session if you'd like. Let me know :)

Edit: Sorry I missed you. It was just a passing comment about it being quiet. I'll c ya guys soon. Laters =)

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Good games my broth-a! Did you have fun? :)?
I did lol, it got heavy toward the end. (lag) so I decided to end it there.

So how did I do? despite the lag? I think I improved since the last time. (last time I didn't even win a match xD)

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I did lol, it got heavy toward the end. (lag) so I decided to end it there.

So how did I do? despite the lag? I think I improved since the last time. (last time I didn't even win a match xD)
You did really good! :D I would just type that you need to read your foes better. And always think of the options that character can use, always try to shut off the characters options so he;ll have one thing to do, and that's to attack you which you'll block and punish from there on. Solid Kirby~!

Now, you have fought my Link (finally xD) What do you think? I always try to make im look amazing and such... I tried to preform all my tricks... but meh...

Edit... type about my Link you dumb dumb xD

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
You did really good! :D I would just type that you need to read your foes better. And always think of the options that character can use, always try to shut off the characters options so he;ll have one thing to do, and that's to attack you which you'll block and punish from there on. Solid Kirby~!

Now, you have fought my Link (finally xD) What do you think? I always try to make im look amazing and such... I tried to preform all my tricks... but meh...
Yes I kinda figured out your bomb thingy's. but kept running into that jab, and I knew that down air was coming, mistakes though.

Excellent link! its kinda like path's PM link so I wasn't caught off guard by your stylin' moves. If someone isn't careful, you could 0 to death, and with style. Though and some occasions you messed up cause wi-fi xD

It's a tournament caliber link, if you avoid gimps you got it made. good toon link too. I'm not really good at this (giving an analysis), but its obviously the best link I fought. Keep up the stylin' my smash bro-tha!

gaborap

Smash Journeyman
Yes I kinda figured out your bomb thingy's. but kept running into that jab, and I knew that down air was coming, mistakes though.

Excellent link! its kinda like path's PM link so I wasn't caught off guard by your stylin' moves. If someone isn't careful, you could 0 to death, and with style. Though and some occasions you messed up cause wi-fi xD

It's a tournament caliber link, if you avoid gimps you got it made. good toon link too. I'm not really good at this (giving an analysis), but its obviously the best link I fought. Keep up the stylin' my smash bro-tha!
He's definitely the best link I've played on this site so far... :)

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜

But that gimp on Kirby. ;) And I as well knew what you were going to do bro. Here's something that will help you a lot. Learn to wave bounce (the single and double Wave bounce) believe me It helps. I wanted to bring out my Kirby, but it would make you upset.... since I kinda do stuff... Yes, I kind of just want to dair you because I hate WiFi Kirby so much. xD

I actually had many opportunities to do my combos. Like the Zair to one jab, to a buffered back air, to a DACUS. And like Zair to footstool... and needs no lag at all, because at that last frame, Kirby can jump out and you did... many times. -_- I also wanted to Zair to down air. Why? Because at the right spot of the down tilt, I can spike you and then jab lock you (which I did on PS2 but the stage changed. WiFi hates me! My Ike, meh, I truly don't care about my Ike, even though I do really good with him and such. I care about Link cause he's my main and such. You need to see what I do to MKs when I'm Link. ;) Who said MK ***** Link.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
But that gimp on Kirby. ;) And I as well knew what you were going to do bro. Here's something that will help you a lot. Learn to wave bounce (the single and double Wave bounce) believe me It helps. I wanted to bring out my Kirby, but it would make you upset.... since I kinda do stuff... Yes, I kind of just want to dair you because I hate WiFi Kirby so much. xD

I actually had many opportunities to do my combos. Like the Zair to one jab, to a buffered back air, to a DACUS. And like Zair to footstool... and needs no lag at all, because at that last frame, Kirby can jump out and you need... many times. -_- I also wanted to Zair to down air. Why? Because at the right spot of the down tilt, I can spike you and then jab lock you (which I did on PS2 but the stage changed. WiFi hates me! My Ike, meh, I truly don't care about my Ike, even though I do really good with him and such. I care about Link cause he's my main and such. You need to see what I do to MKs when I'm Link. ;) Who said MK ***** Link.
I don't get upset, bring it on! I learned alot you know. the matches were close and the set was close for my second go at you. Yeah i need to do that, and buffer.

So next time, bring the kirby on! or anyone really. Like I said you got stylin' combos! (i'm busy D: sorry can't talk much bro)

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I don't get upset, bring it on! I learned alot you know. the matches were close and the set was close for my second go at you. Yeah i need to do that, and buffer.

So next time, bring the kirby on! or anyone really. Like I said you got stylin' combos! (i'm busy D: sorry can't talk much bro)
Will do, all good bro, do whatever is you're doing. Sure thing, next time I'll bust out my Kirby. You will see things that no Kirby thinks of. ;) Reasons why I get places and such. Once you learn tricks and my tricks with Kirby, you'll wreck anything in your way.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Will do, all good bro, do whatever is you're doing. Sure thing, next time I'll bust out my Kirby. You will see things that no Kirby thinks of. ;) Reasons why I get places and such. Once you learn tricks and my tricks with Kirby, you'll wreck anything in your way.
Fantastic! can't wait.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Good games, PZ. I might start practicing Link again. Our connection was a tad less clement than it was the last time we played, but I don't know how you still managed to be so sexy with Falcon. It shouldn't be possible to show so much skin with a character like that in such a connection.

If you still want to play, I just have to do a chore, then I'll be back on.

PZ

Smash Lord
Good games! Zatchel! Must play more not satisfied with performance. My god I suck. I will continue you to play until I get decent! O and you wifi salem before...wow your good. O yea saved that falcon vs ganon where I 0 deathed you then preceded to survive on whims I didn't think I had. Yay! for random techs even the techer didn't see coming.

EDIT: I stop brawling when the world ends(life,smash 4 maybe(plz falcon plz be there)). So yea continue playing for abit. Until I stop getting hit by everything I will never understand link. Derp.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I've never played Salem online. The guy who's tag said "Salem" was someone else who apparently intends on emulating him. Simplest way to explain it, haha. I'll host again momentarily.

PZ

Smash Lord
EDIT IGNORE THIS DOUBLE NINJA POST!!!!!!!1111
EDIT2: Sorry Yuta I can't really brawl anymore now that I see the time but I would definitely if I didn't have anything going on tomorrow. I should not have edited my post cuz I thought I double posted but I didn't so I am now confused.
Good games Zatch! I wanna say a few things but I forgot what they were. I hope to prove to you that dash usmash as a approach a low percents is bad but then again its just me being the bad player in this case. DI is the only thing I know in this game aside from general play I have yet to perfect.

Last edited:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'll let you have at him, Yuta, if he still wants to play. I stopped so he could at least see your message.

Fun games PZ. Those Falcon dittos were ridiculously entertaining. You still need to work on your ground dodging habits, mate. I was able to start punishing it, but you didn't really change much of what you did with sidestepping. I could see if you foresaw a grab or something, but nobody would grab as often as you dodge. Use your shield more rather than trying to sidestep any attacks you feel are incoming. And be more offensive in the ditto especially. Empty hops can really confuse your enemy, I'd recommend using them if you have momentum going or have your enemy offstage, in lieu of the gimp attempts that can easily get Falcon himself killed. Also, work on hit-confirming. It definitely helps to do this with Falcon's jab so you don't whiff a grab for no reason. Your DI is good, but you seem to just welcome and eat hits when your at high percents, as you seem more likely to panic and feel compelled to sidestep more often. I'd rather get grabbed than eat a Falcon dsmash at 160%+. Throw up shield and give yourself time to watch your opponent.

Just what I analyzed from the ditto. Do you have much experience in it? I don't come across it often myself, but I'm just curious, heh. <3

PZ

Smash Lord
what do you mean by that double post thing?
Smashboards like derped when I posted as I was looking at the Happy Birthday trophy. O Zatch the sidestepping habbit is bad and I wanna get out of it but I am not great under pressure and getting hit alot is when I just feel like not caring. The "ballsy" gimp attempts are a either I kill him now or let him get on edge as I watch him plank until his heart content. I honestly don't know what to do against planking as falcon but its boring to watch people hang on the edge and not know exactly what to do.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'll get to your post later, PZ. Don't want to hold up Yuta.

does falcon's dtilt work against planking?
Absolutely the hell not, unfortunately. Not to insinuate that d-tilt is bad, but there are far better, less punishable options that Falcon has to keep an enemy from getting back onstage from the ledge. Dtilt is pretty much a giveaway; even if you hit with it, at lower percents, at least. Doesn't do anything about offending the enemy. It actually looks like a welcoming gesture to use it while they're planking.

Zatchiel, do you want to brawl now?
Sure. Add me and I'll host. I think you don't have my new FC, not certain of when we last played. PZ we can rotate too if you both are up for that.

PZ

Smash Lord
Nah I am gonna go to sleep. O and I do not really have much recent experience in falcon dittos. Back when I played a lot more in 10'/11', I had got to play some of the falcons on the falcon boards and some on Aib. I can't say I remember much but its obvious that utilt>falcon's everything and the horrible grab range doesn't help falcon punish his own moveset.

Top Bottom