• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

PrincessAzula

Smash Apprentice
Cool. I'll be on after Shroomed vs Lucky at KoC3.
Sorry james for the leaving. Normally I'd be able to deal with Marth and Peach but I'm just really not feeling it tonight or just today in general. I literally get so salty after playing either of those characters so I pretty much lost the motivation to play. GG's though.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Sorry james for the leaving. Normally I'd be able to deal with Marth and Peach but I'm just really not feeling it tonight or just today in general. I literally get so salty after playing either of those characters so I pretty much lost the motivation to play. GG's though.
It's all good, I kept thinking you were going to go Sheik against my Marth, but then I realized you were switching to detonate the fireballs, that's kind of a neat little buff that they gave Zelda (not that she needed any lol). Do you still like Ivy in 3.0? Personally I haven't been digging the changes, but I haven't spent that much time with her.

PrincessAzula

Smash Apprentice
It's all good, I kept thinking you were going to go Sheik against my Marth, but then I realized you were switching to detonate the fireballs, that's kind of a neat little buff that they gave Zelda (not that she needed any lol). Do you still like Ivy in 3.0? Personally I haven't been digging the changes, but I haven't spent that much time with her.
Oh, no. I can't play Shiek at all. I've tried countless times to try and pick her up but I just can't. It really is! It can be very surprising and it's usually pretty effective to place and detonate one near the edge as someone is trying to approach.

It's not that Ivy is awful....it's just a huge change from 2.6(b). Razor Leaf is borderline useless now but I still sometimes try to use it like it was in 2.6b, which got me into a lot of trouble. Fair is also pretty bad imo now. It has a lot more start-up and the increased knockback reduces the chance of a Seed Bomb follow-up. I really do like Ivy as a character but she's pretty tough to play as now. With the loss of Razor Leaf, I feel like she just has a pretty bad approach. And since Fair and Bair were toned down, two of her key defensive moves are not as useful anymore. I mean, I could be saying this all because I'm still not used to her at all. Heck, I'm more familiar with Mewtwo than I am with Ivy.

Yeah, we'll have to play again soon. I noticed you were using a wide variety of characters so I'm assuming you're still looking for a main. I'm so exhausted right now so my saltiness was sorta expected. :ohwell:

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Oh, no. I can't play Shiek at all. I've tried countless times to try and pick her up but I just can't. It really is! It can be very surprising and it's usually pretty effective to place and detonate one near the edge as someone is trying to approach.

It's not that Ivy is awful....it's just a huge change from 2.6(b). Razor Leaf is borderline useless now but I still sometimes try to use it like it was in 2.6b, which got me into a lot of trouble. Fair is also pretty bad imo now. It has a lot more start-up and the increased knockback reduces the chance of a Seed Bomb follow-up. I really do like Ivy as a character but she's pretty tough to play as now. With the loss of Razor Leaf, I feel like she just has a pretty bad approach. And since Fair and Bair were toned down, two of her key defensive moves are not as useful anymore. I mean, I could be saying this all because I'm still not used to her at all. Heck, I'm more familiar with Mewtwo than I am with Ivy.

Yeah, we'll have to play again soon. I noticed you were using a wide variety of characters so I'm assuming you're still looking for a main. I'm so exhausted right now so my saltiness was sorta expected. :ohwell:
Yeah Razor Leaf seems worse in general, but I noticed that fact that it's slower and still multi-hit lets it eat through Marth's counter, and as for my variety of characters I've always used Peach and Toon Link in doubles, but I've been using them in singles more and more recently, especially Toon Link because he got buffed.

PrincessAzula

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Razor Leaf seems worse in general, but I noticed that fact that it's slower and still multi-hit lets it eat through Marth's counter, and as for my variety of characters I've always used Peach and Toon Link in doubles, but I've been using them in singles more and more recently, especially Toon Link because he got buffed.
The start-up is such a killer now. It's just really difficult to time when it's appropriate to use it or not. But I sooo agree that Razor Leaf needed to be toned down - it was just crazy. I understand Ivy is supposed to be a defensive character (hence why I play her) but I just think the nerfing on pretty much all her moves is sorta ridiculous. Sorta curious to see how players like Reflex have adjusted to this change.

I literally have no experience against Toon Link, so I really should go peruse those forums and see what his MU's are like, because I don't think Zelda is gonna be a good character to pick against him. Peach is such a monster in general. She's also someone I tried picking up but I couldn't really mesh well with.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
The start-up is such a killer now. It's just really difficult to time when it's appropriate to use it or not. But I sooo agree that Razor Leaf needed to be toned down - it was just crazy. I understand Ivy is supposed to be a defensive character (hence why I play her) but I just think the nerfing on pretty much all her moves is sorta ridiculous. Sorta curious to see how players like Reflex have adjusted to this change.

I literally have no experience against Toon Link, so I really should go peruse those forums and see what his MU's are like, because I don't think Zelda is gonna be a good character to pick against him. Peach is such a monster in general. She's also someone I tried picking up but I couldn't really mesh well with.
Hmm, Idk Toon Link is a super underrated and under-explored character in P:M so you might not have a whole lot of luck finding info on him, but hopefully more people will pick him up now that he got some buffs. So far the only characters that have really given my Toon Link a lot of trouble are Link and ZSS.

Hevil93

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hevil93
3DS FC
2148-8887-6155

>her

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Ivy be soundin' masculine.
Well really it could be a male or a female, but the PMBR insists that Ivy is female even though the only two pokemon we can know definitively know the genders of are Mewtwo and Pikachu because Mewtwo is genderless and Pikachu doesn't have a dimple in his tail which makes him a male, all the other pokemon in Smash don't have any visual distinction between males and females in their species.

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
Well really it could be a male or a female, but the PMBR insists that Ivy is female even though the only two pokemon we can know definitively know the genders of are Mewtwo and Pikachu because Mewtwo is genderless and Pikachu doesn't have a dimple in his tail which makes him a male, all the other pokemon in Smash don't have any visual distinction between males and females in their species.
I didn't take Pokemon Biology ;c

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Alright Capt. Kirby.

It's been a while haha, I'm not really good at any Smash right now, but practice is always good. Don't crunchatize me

Saimunn93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Saimunn93
... Says the guy who decides to come online only when I'm not. :o
Considering the frequency of my Arena visits / my spontaneous WiFi attendance, I promptly dispute your scepticism; try to be online more often mebbbbeee? :o

You don't want to master him wholly? So... you want to master 1/4th of him? :awesome:
Lol, well, I merely stated that to exemplify the faint dedication that I have towards the character, but touché; USOFUNNYYY :D

Terrible jokes aside... Pfft, you think Metaknight royally outclasses everyone but don't complain about Icies? Is it perhaps because I didn't three-stock you with them before I stopped playing Brawl with you (because wifi is dumb...)!? kidding, kidding, please don't hurt me
Haha, well, naturally those 'Icies' do not deserve their slot in the roster either, but that totally diverges from the prime point of discussion (which namely is, that winged sphere of death & demise). I could actually unleash a torrent of grudge and resentment here about various characters in the game, but I figured that it be desirable to focus on the character which fed you victories with the slightest of efforts anyway :')

There was no call-out, just... a very interesting observation with a barb on the end. ;) Calm down sir, watch some anime or something. Oh yeah, I never said I would main MK, don't make such assumptions... baka :(
If I'm not mistaken (which has great likelihood of course), you had actually amended your in-game WiFi portrait by selecting the picture of said orb of relentless havoc; speaks volumes now doesn't it?! But sure, defend your innocence with great valiance.. In the end you'd know that you did sell your soul to the devil!

But anyways, no hard feelings man.. I just fiercely reject false allegations of hypocrisy and a failure to foster integrity. Then again, I'm also just mocking you xD

Anyway, just go get Project M so I can play you again. ;P
DURRHURRUDUHURRURUHURRRR P:M is fer wuzz'z ;o

P.S.: Don't project your daily occupations pertaining the viewing of Yaoi onto me, obscene hog..

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Brawl anyone?

jacobj77

Smash Rookie
Considering the frequency of my Arena visits / my spontaneous WiFi attendance, I promptly dispute your scepticism; try to be online more often mebbbbeee? :o

Lol, well, I merely stated that to exemplify the faint dedication that I have towards the character, but touché; USOFUNNYYY :D

Haha, well, naturally those 'Icies' do not deserve their slot in the roster either, but that totally diverges from the prime point of discussion (which namely is, that winged sphere of death & demise). I could actually unleash a torrent of grudge and resentment here about various characters in the game, but I figured that it be desirable to focus on the character which fed you victories with the slightest of efforts anyway :')

If I'm not mistaken (which has great likelihood of course), you had actually amended your in-game WiFi portrait by selecting the picture of said orb of relentless havoc; speaks volumes now doesn't it?! But sure, defend your innocence with great valiance.. In the end you'd know that you did sell your soul to the devil!

But anyways, no hard feelings man.. I just fiercely reject false allegations of hypocrisy and a failure to foster integrity. Then again, I'm also just mocking you xD

DURRHURRUDUHURRURUHURRRR P:M is fer wuzz'z ;o

P.S.: Don't project your daily occupations pertaining the viewing of Yaoi onto me, obscene hog..

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Brawl anyone?
I'll play you. Posted FC above

Saimunn93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Saimunn93
I'll play you. Posted FC above
I shall be there shortly, to host a lobby for us!

Please find my friend code below my personal portrait

EDIT:
I have tried to add your code but I have received an error stating that it does not exist..

jacobj77

Smash Rookie
I shall be there shortly, to host a lobby for us!

Please find my friend code below my personal portrait

EDIT:
I have tried to add your code but I have received an error stating that it does not exist..
Oops sorry its 3870-0663-7818 i accidently put 7 at the end

Top Bottom