• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
I've watched enough melee streams to know how it all works, which coincidentally is the only reason why I already know pretty much how to play as Fox hahaha
Well the visual cue isn't in Melee, it's only in P:M, plus there are a lot of super technical things about Fox that can't be learned just by watching.

Edit: P:M anyone?

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
GG's DeadJames. I can tell your Bowser has been nerfed because you didn't completely shut me down with him lol. Fun stuff nonetheless. Nice Luigi.

Edit: SuperJosh, do not double/triple post. If you want to add something, edit your post.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
GGs, Metalbro, although the lag was pretty bad, it was even messing up my Bowser techs and he's not a very hard character lol. I noticed you keep trying to play a lot of characters (specifically DK, Ike, and Kirby) like this is Brawl, those characters are all vastly different in P:M, there probably isn't much Kirby info yet since 3.0 is pretty new, but I can tell you just from experimenting with him that he's much deeper than just bair camping now, and if you want to learn some DK and Ike stuff you should check out Strong Bad and Metroid.

Edit: Bowser only has a couple slight nerfs, the lag was affecting me more than anything I kept getting punished for missing L-cancels, his flame-breath actually got buffed, but his nair got it's knockback reduced and his bair now has more IASA frames so it's pretty much impossible to edge-guard with anymore. The only reason I dropped him as my main is because I'm pissed about how they changed the ledge-grab mechanics of whirling fortress, it was a really terrible design choice because it only serves as an artificial barrier to make him less accessible to pick up. Oh also his fair got changed I don't know if you'd call it a nerf or a buff they gave it a sweet-spot and a sour-spot the sour-spot was reverted back to Melee knockback which is a nerf, but the sweet-spot was reverted back to 2.5 knockback which is a buff.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
GGs, Metalbro, although the lag was pretty bad, it was even messing up my Bowser techs and he's not a very hard character lol. I noticed you keep trying to play a lot of character (specifically DK, Ike, and Kirby) like this is Brawl, those characters are all vastly different in P:M, there probably isn't much Kirby info yet since 3.0 is pretty new, but I can tell you just from experimenting with him that he's much deeper than just bair camping now, and if you want to learn some DK and Ike stuff you should check out Strong Bad and Metroid.
DK isn't a technical character. His combos are really easy to pull of once you get the opponent in a grab or in the air. He doesn't require going through a thread to learn him. It's all about choosing the right moves in the right opportunity. Ofc I was playing pretty bad because it's not easy to go in with him when the opponent has 0%. The only thing DK could do is his Dash attack and Shield Grab to get you at combo percentage. Also I don't know what's up with his Giant Punch. I threw it out sometimes hoping it will get you but it seems the armor on it is gone. Oh well

Ike on the other hand is so confusing to use. I'll definitely check his guide. Lol at me pressing B thinking that would let him walljump of quickdash.

I just pulled Kirby out for fun, I don't plan on using him anyway. It's just sad that his throws don't suicide at the edges anymore.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
DK isn't a technical character. His combos are really easy to pull of once you get the opponent in a grab or in the air. He doesn't require going through a thread to learn him. It's all about choosing the right moves in the right opportunity. Ofc I was playing pretty bad because it's not easy to go in with him when the opponent has 0%. The only thing DK could do is his Dash attack and Shield Grab to get you at combo percentage. Also I don't know what's up with his Giant Punch. I threw it out sometimes hoping it will get you but it seems the armor on it is gone. Oh well

Ike on the other hand is so confusing to use. I'll definitely check his guide. Lol at me pressing B thinking that would let him walljump of quickdash.

I just pulled Kirby out for fun, I don't plan on using him anyway. It's just sad that his throws don't suicide at the edges anymore.
Haha yeah I miss the Kirbycide too, but overall he's probably the best out of all the new characters, but I would disagree about DK though he has some pretty interesting setups that get you a hit confirm on giant punch (which does still have armor, but there is no super armor in P:M, it has heavy armor which breaks at a certain damage threshold depending on percent) and the fact that his dash attack carries him offstage opens the door for all kinds of creative edge-guard opportunities. No too mention up-b OoS is a thing.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
He's In a brawl...
Well, if you say so. I'll add you now, but if Cody decides to play you before I can, then you can play him. :3
Otherwise, we can play~

Edit: I'll be hosting~

Top Bottom