• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504

Orbot

Smash Cadet
Looking for someone to brawl with
FC: 3570-8229-8051
Oh man the lag was still pretty bad. Has it been like this for you or just with me? Also sorry that my rules thing was weird, it was changed by the offline mode.

One thing i have to say though is that you dash attack a lot. Is that how you approach or is it a habit?
Otherwise it was some pretty good games considering the lag.

Brawler84

Smash Rookie
Yeah i that lag was killing me but it looked like you weren't affected by either that or you know how to handle lags well cause you murdered me.
and the dash is kind of a habit :laugh:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Edit: Never you mind.

Last edited:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
but i thought nintendo got rid of the wifi service.
And they did. Alternative servers were created before Nintendo's servers even went down. The one most people seem to use (myself included) is Wiimmfi.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'll be on for a while. So please feel free to add.

FC: 3055 4267 9744
My FC is 0949-5879-5571. I'll host in a moment.

Good games. Connection quality was nice and sound for the most part, but the choppiness like we had in the last game really got to me whenever it came up. Completely undermines my flow and makes me want to play absolutely retreating defensive until the connection lightens up.

You're not too shabby with anyone you used. Enjoyed the matches, in all.

Last edited:

Orbot

Smash Cadet
My FC is 0949-5879-5571. I'll host in a moment.

Good games. Connection quality was nice and sound for the most part, but the choppiness like we had in the last game really got to me whenever it came up. Completely undermines my flow and makes me want to play absolutely retreating defensive until the connection lightens up.

You're not too shabby with anyone you used. Enjoyed the matches, in all.
Oh man. That Ike dough.

I knew what you were doing and how you played, but those fairs and jabs I don't know how to deal with them, specifically with ness.

I want to blame lag but no you're really good. You go to tournaments?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Oh man. That Ike dough.

I knew what you were doing and how you played, but those fairs and jabs I don't know how to deal with them, specifically with ness.

I want to blame lag but no you're really good. You go to tournaments?
I started to die down in the later games, which is what happens when I stick with using my main consecutively for so long. I get worn out and play with a sillier attitude. Not johning, however, just a personal shortcoming.

Yeah, I saw that in the Ness MU. I can regularly two/three stock the best Ness I play against. But I don't think the match-up is too bad. Ike's spacing just shuts down what might be the usual aggro Ness playstyle. It's more about baiting Ike to use his painfully slow aerials, then getting him airborne so you can punish him in the air. He's maddeningly sluggish in the air, and getting back down can be a hassle for him if you play your cards right.

SDI Ike's jabs up and you can hit him with f-air before jab 3 is out. I've had it done to me plenty of times, but it usually seemed to be accidental. Don't DI into him while he's jabbing you. All I had to do was stall the jab cancels a bit longer than usual to let you basically trap yourself.

If you're going to be aggressive in the match-up, beware of my spacing bubble and go for either shield dash approaches followed by an aerial/dash grab, or airdodge in to avoid my aerial, then punish accordingly. Follow up your f-air on shield with a double jump and n-air at the same time. Retreating the f-air is usually enough to escape being jabbed or grabbed, but the retreating DJ n-air is a just in case sort of thing that also runs the chance of hitting if Ike tries to shieldgrab or jab out of shield.

I haven't participated in an offline tournament in ages. But yes, I have been to tournaments before.

Orbot

Smash Cadet
I started to die down in the later games, which is what happens when I stick with using my main consecutively for so long. I get worn out and play with a sillier attitude. Not johning, however, just a personal shortcoming.

Yeah, I saw that in the Ness MU. I can regularly two/three stock the best Ness I play against. But I don't think the match-up is too bad. Follow up your f-air on shield with a double jump and n-air at the same time. Retreating the f-air is usually enough to escape being jabbed or grabbed, but the retreating DJ n-air is a just in case sort of thing that also runs the chance of hitting if Ike tries to shieldgrab or jab out of shield.
lel I could tell, but thanks for playing. hopefully we can play again in the near future.

I don't think its bad either. Its just I've only ever played CPUs and that is why I'm here looking for matches. I want to see how other people use characters. You are pretty quick with Ike even though he's supposed to be slow. You have great precision with that character which is what i need to work on, precision of movement and attacks. I've also known about the DJ nair. I have gotten it to work as DJ footstool to fastfall then follow up whatever.

Aight im out.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Brawl without Project M - Anyone down? Add me.

FC - 0731-4557-4558
I suppose I'll play. Was watching a stream, but nothing's really happening for the moment.

0949-5879-5571

Let me know when you're on.

Last edited:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Good games. I started off playing a little rubbish, haven't played all day. Jigglypuff is one of the few characters I have trouble fighting because she's weird to me. I expect her to be so bad in every aspect that I completely disregard how I should be playing the match-up. Nevertheless, yours is actually not bad. I'd advise not rolling so much and using more out of shield options besides grab. With characters like Samus, if you whiff a grab, you're gonna be taking ludicrous punishment at the very least.

Periwinkle

Smash Apprentice
Anyone interested in some vanilla Brawl matches after the round table? 4041-4959-4699

Last edited:

Periwinkle

Smash Apprentice
sorry i forgot to mention smashville gives me a disc read error, assuming that was the stage you picked

Last edited:

machucogp

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone I'm new here, I want to play vanilla brawl for a bit so add me if you're interested, I'll also enter that chat sometimes to see if you're on
FC: 3699-6720-1025

Top Bottom