• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
I might go to MD for spring break....

Easter weekend someone should find a venue so we can get in a smashfest or something.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah, I just guess we have to step it up. Think "Why is the scene ****ty here?"

Honestly I don't know what's going on with brawl. Like the tournies are good for those, rite? Like if I wanted I could play in a brawl tourny anytime in philly, right?

I'm trying to keep the melee scene alive in PA. :3

Also I'd co-host for a brawl+Melee tournament. I dunno if people would like that. (Would prefer a big venue and lotsa tv's for that lol)

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Well the scene isn't ****ty. Its just pretty small. ONly like 12-15 brawl players in Philly/suburbs of Philly. Melee seems very inactive, and neither games have tournies often.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Brawl actually hasn't been having tournies in Philly for a while since Chibo hasn't announced any recently. If Philly players play its through smashfests or traveling to other states for tournies.

COT 5 is coming up in Philly this June so there should be a good amount of people practicing in Philly for it the next couple months.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Ran would you be interested in doing a CoT3 style event?
CoT3 was a 2 day melee/brawl event, each game had one day.
If you could help get another one of those UPenn venues again I'd be down for helping you a lot with it

I think something like that could be big for philly. Advertising a 2 day event that is for both communities to come and experience philly, making it like a regional size, 60 ppl each day or so

Brawl actually hasn't been having tournies in Philly for a while since Chibo hasn't announced any recently. If Philly players play its through smashfests or traveling to other states for tournies.

COT 5 is coming up in Philly this June so there should be a good amount of people practicing in Philly for it the next couple months.
It's because the DSO doesn't exist anymore :/

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah sure. I'll ask my gf if we can get venues with 2 days. :p

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
That would be cool guys, try to work something out.

And its really sad to know DSO's are done, it seems everything the Philly Brawl scene grew-up on is dying. Velocity,Vex, DSO, ToS/UFB/KC/GE and the overall attendance/players/tournies.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah, we'll see. Depends on when Chibo is here haha.

Don't think it will be soon. (Can't really get a venue during the summer, but prolly still can [Dlew will try to get a venue for me]) But we'll have plenty of time to plan.)

Anything I should know TO wise about Brawl that I wouldn't know if I hosted for melee?

GOTM

Smash Champion
Well the scene isn't ****ty. Its just pretty small. ONly like 12-15 brawl players in Philly/suburbs of Philly. Melee seems very inactive, and neither games have tournies often.
dude my ****in pig thing just evolved into your avatar. its like the coolest thing in the world.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
you should book bus tickets for cot5 early, there's a good chance you can get them for only $2.50 round trip atm

_umbra_

Smash Champion
turns out I'll probably be able to come to cot5, I plan to stay in state college and work this summer, so I can take a megabus down ^_^ Might be the only one in GE who goes, so I won't be able to do teams -_-

i would need to ask one of you to house me though

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
That's actually saddening to hear coming from the legendary Berserker Sawordsmans (in KTs voice)

The city is boring as **** and annoying as hell to me. Id love to get away from it to go to a national, especially if I was there the whole summer.

M@v

Subarashii!
He just making up excuses. He's going to be training with San on his offdays...then hes going to come own us all.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
That's actually saddening to hear coming from the legendary Berserker Sawordsmans (in KTs voice)

The city is boring as **** and annoying as hell to me. Id love to get away from it to go to a national, especially if I was there the whole summer.
I lol'd at legendary.

I'm the practical type that likes to stay in one place until he knows leaving is 100% okay. This is my first internship, so I'll be on walking on eggshells until I'm comfortable with what I have to do. I don't anticipate that being so quick that I'd give myself the liberty of going to CoT5 3-4 weeks into it.

Or maybe I'm doing this:

He just making up excuses. He's going to be training with San on his offdays...then hes going to come own us all.
Nope, just M@v putting words in my mouth =(

except for me. I'm metaknight!
I hate you Meta Knight.

Top Bottom