• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
You - whens the last time you've been to a tourney
Matt $ - I didn't even know about him... when's the last time he's been to an event
Ran - active
Vorosh - this last weekend was his first tournament since april right? has he been to anything since spoc 9?
Palpi - i dont know the last even he's been to
No Cash - active
Alicia - has she been to something before talwinds?
Cactuar - not active
Pakman -semi active, not too much
pete - does he go to tournaments?
your 2 friends - ...
magus - NJ
bookofalex - ?
canismash - doesnt enter singles
talwind - this past weekend was his first tourney in about a year
dobs - what's the last event he's been to?
vex - not active
me - not active
ultimascout - active

i'm not trying to say it's not good for melee to come back, i'm all for it - it's just that look at your list, it's so scraping the barrel. outside of 3 or 4 ppl, no one on that list has been to more than two tourneys in a years period, you can't make a PR out of that.
Palpi was at Apex with me.
...though he didn't enter.

Pete doesn't go to tournaments, and given his attitude, he probably won't go to tournaments.

Why am I not on this list anyway?
But yes, we haven't been active lately. I have college johns.

Either way: emerging. I'm optimistic about this group we got going.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I know there are more temple students who also play smash, and you know them, Chibo. : ]

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
You - whens the last time you've been to a tourney
Matt $ - I didn't even know about him... when's the last time he's been to an event
Ran - active
Vorosh - this last weekend was his first tournament since april right? has he been to anything since spoc 9?
Palpi - i dont know the last even he's been to
No Cash - active
Alicia - has she been to something before talwinds?
Cactuar - not active
Pakman -semi active, not too much
pete - does he go to tournaments?
your 2 friends - ...
magus - NJ
bookofalex - ?
canismash - doesnt enter singles
talwind - this past weekend was his first tourney in about a year
dobs - what's the last event he's been to?
vex - not active
me - not active
ultimascout - active

i'm not trying to say it's not good for melee to come back, i'm all for it - it's just that look at your list, it's so scraping the barrel. outside of 3 or 4 ppl, no one on that list has been to more than two tourneys in a years period, you can't make a PR out of that.
I knew some of those were pretty much not active thats why I put "?" next to their names lol...

(1)Cactuar was at Talwind's tourney. (2) I didn't count you lol. (3) Sure we haven't been in active tourneys but thats because there are none in Philly....(Excluding Talwinds)
(4) I don't see this as a big active debate. I'm not worried about PR. How I see it we all play each other and we know who is better who is worse, etc.
(5) Just because we don't go to tourneys doesn't mean we're bad lol. Apex was my first tourney and I was doing good for never going to a tourney <3

Chibo, I love you <3

Palpi

Smash Hero
My last tournament was Apex...and I didn't enter. SEX!!!!

All in all....lets host some more tournaments...and lets make them cheap to bring more people...(money johns)

I am an active, but not tourney goer...cause I am poor....this will change though.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well best I can do is host without venue fee. (That is if there is no price for the room, there shouldn't be : ] )

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
im on hiatus. m2k has my controller. i always choke and get nervous. i have a life now (relationship, highschool parties, keeping decent grades, ect)

il get to mad, and pound 5. but idk i might become inactive like xzax.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
im on hiatus. m2k has my controller. i always choke and get nervous. i have a life now (relationship, highschool parties, keeping decent grades, ect)

il get to mad, and pound 5. but idk i might become inactive like xzax.
I'm superman, I can do it all <3

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
My last tournament was Apex...and I didn't enter. SEX!!!!

All in all....lets host some more tournaments...and lets make them cheap to bring more people...(money johns)

I am an active, but not tourney goer...cause I am poor....this will change though.
I didn't know you didn't enter. Or I forgot......

And stop going to tons of concerts. Then you won't be poor :awesome:

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
word. im not gonna go out of my way anymore, but imma still go out therr and smash. get @ me and hit me up if you wanna get ***** <3.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Whoo have fun guys. I was gonna smash with **** but maybe later this week.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Ugh, I'm sorry. : [ Can you update it for me pwease? Kaylo. : ] I just forgot, it's just that both your names start with a K LOL.
K. :p I'll probably update sometime tomorrow.

I do have a car, whats UFB?
What TUSM said. We don't practice as a whole crew much anymore, but there's usually people playing at somebody's house a couple times a week.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yay thanks Kaylo!

and I do play Brawl for fun. I may try a tournament or two sometime to see how it is. :p

But, I did better in Other M. xD (I don't have a Wii)

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
One tourney every 4 months doesn't really constitute as active. Though believe me, I'm glad more events in the area are popping up (MAD, Talwind 2) but for now it's not possible. Glad to hear about Alicia going to more, more active people the better, and she was pretty good.
I'd say it is active but no need for rankings... I would go to more things but work weekends... for the record last tournament I went to was Dobsgames pt 2 I think :)

I go to more smashfest the tournies :) cause I play game for fun and smashfest are free and at night on weekends when i don't work

So I made a philly player finder.
Brawl totally welcome as well. I'll actually update it, making it the only up to date player finding resource in PA or philly =)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=293110
Word I'll be sure to come into thread and start pointless arguements and spam :)

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
Brawl crew in Philly. A few of us were at VGXPO where you and I played in finals, but you probably don't remember them.

Yea, The diddy kong guy who worked with Evan at the game crazy. I remember some of them lol. Where do you guys meet up then?

Also, metal, where in abington are you? Maybe we could meet up somewhere local cause I live in Roslyn on a weekday or something. I work in Willow Grove lol

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Lol yeah I told chibo that by accident too lool. Glad I'm not the only one :3

But yeah I'll play some brawl with you guys
sometime. : D

But yeah I did better in Other M once I wave dashed by accident loool. (thats cuz I don't have a wii to practice brawl)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think someone's trying to set me up agoasdfj;laksdfjasd;lfj LOL

I'm damn sure I said project M. PROJECT LOL

KyoTehCatt

Smash Cadet
I've been looking for a thread like this all my damn life !
I live in Scranton, PA and i'm looking for good melee players. Anyone mind having meet ups or anything? I also have a couple of my friends that do it we're really unknown , but good .

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I live in Scranton, PA and i'm looking for good melee players. Anyone mind having meet ups or anything? I also have a couple of my friends that do it we're really unknown , but good .
Yeah, deff. We'll have to arrange for that.

But like, I know that when my tournament is held... (haven't gotten confirmation yet, not even an email) that there would be free venue fee.

So that would be a great chance to meet all melee players, and it could branch from there if you'd like.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Most of GE guys are Scranton Umbra Slim Melon and are good at both games. Javi was real good at game and Scranton but I don't think he really plays anymore :(

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Most of GE guys are Scranton Umbra Slim Melon and are good at both games. Javi was real good at game and Scranton but I don't think he really plays anymore :(
Yeah dude, I met this guy!

Had no idea you guys still play! We'll have to play sometime, we're gonna be back from Penn State in a week, so we gotta set up a smashfest or something.

:036:

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
GUYS I NEED HELP

Megabus takes me to State Park arrival at 10:20 AM sunday morning (in 40 something hours from now)

that's near HOPE2. Can you guys please pick me up? whoever picks me up will be my teammate
If I had a car I would be your slave. I would if I could :(

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Hmm, I have a car but not the intention to drive super far.......

If we add my car and reeper's intent to drive......

Well wait, where is this again?

Top Bottom