• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Btw Keitaro, once you get the password, could you edit it MY info?

Username: Ranmaru
Body of TEXT: Hi I'm ran. My doc isn't good, since he can't get out of pools yet. But he *****. And will **** harder. I live near Temple, near Cecil B. Moore. I would rather go out to you if you are near me, since my parents don't like visits much. Number: 407-301-4542 Text me, if you really need to, leave a message and I'll get back to you.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Well, I would like the thread title to change so that people that play melee can notice that something is being done about Melee Rankings.

I'm going to host MAD so there should be something. D: <
Uhhh what is being done about Melee rankings?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well I'm going to host a tournament. Talwind after mine, and I'm sure the Tunes would count for something.

What else needs to be done? D: LOL

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That won't be a problem. We'll see at MAD. I'm going to post in the Pittsburgh topic, I'm sure Gouda and Carroll would come. : ]

So it's not just philly. Plus Melo and Palpi and friends are pa as well. :]

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Have more than like 2 or 3 active PA melee players...
Me, my lil brother (Matt Dollar Menu) Ranmaru, Vorosh, Palpi, Melo, No Cash, Alicia, Cactuar? Pakman? Palpi's friend pete isn't bad, and I am currently training 2 other people. Magus? BookofAlex? CanISmash? IDK I don't think Melee isn't that bad over here. Also Dave from Temple. And I'm probably missing afew others.

EDIT: Talwind, Dobs, VEX!??!

_umbra_

Smash Champion
melee is pretty dead out here, jmoan still plays and he's mad good but javi/prodigy/pav/everyoneelsebetterthanme don't play anymore :(

it would be nice to see PA melee come back though... <3 melee

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
melee is pretty dead out here, jmoan still plays and he's mad good but javi/prodigy/pav/everyoneelsebetterthanme don't play anymore :(

it would be nice to see PA melee come back though... <3 melee
Before Apex PA smash (Melee at least) was completely non existant but we've been snowballing ever since Apex ended.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Me, my lil brother (Matt Dollar Menu) Ranmaru, Vorosh, Palpi, Melo, No Cash, Alicia, Cactuar? Pakman? Palpi's friend pete isn't bad, and I am currently training 2 other people. Magus? BookofAlex? CanISmash? IDK I don't think Melee isn't that bad over here. Also Dave from Temple. And I'm probably missing afew others.
I've been trying to find a day to get to your place so I can play/get better.

Wish we didn't screw up locations that one saturday...... D:

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
Wait, is that really Mr. Slayer? I haven't seen you in ages, what's up, mah d00?
Hahaha, Life man. Havn't had time to play...ever lol. But this is my first time moving out. I have a 9-5 work schedule so I was wondering if anyone after hours lived near me to get melee/brawl practice in. More melee than anything hopefully hahaha

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
I've been trying to find a day to get to your place so I can play/get better.

Wish we didn't screw up locations that one saturday...... D:
Maybe this Sat? I got work at 5, but we could play until then. I'd love that <3 and we don't have to play smash that whole time, mall next to my house, tons of food places etc.

EDIT: Same goes for Sunday.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Anyone wanna play smash (melee and/or brawl) on saturday and feel like traveling to Doylestown area? There's some event going on at my school and I can have setups to play smash there etc.

@Reeper: I could probably go to your place before the stuff happens at my school (it's from 3pm-7pm or something like that)

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Anyone wanna play smash (melee and/or brawl) on saturday and feel like traveling to Doylestown area? There's some event going on at my school and I can have setups to play smash there etc.

@Reeper: I could probably go to your place before the stuff happens at my school (it's from 3pm-7pm or something like that)
I'd love to go but I don't have a way there and work. But yeah you can come to my house. I'll PM you my address.

Also, you should post in the smashers group on FB.

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman

Doylestown, are you talking about Cyborg One? Or is this at a school?

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Anyone looking to play mostly melee though would play brawl greatly prefer melee though send me a PM with address and contact info

best way to contact me is by PM or aim dobs1007

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

EDIT: Talwind, Dobs, VEX!??!
You - whens the last time you've been to a tourney
Matt $ - I didn't even know about him... when's the last time he's been to an event
Ran - active
Vorosh - this last weekend was his first tournament since april right? has he been to anything since spoc 9?
Palpi - i dont know the last even he's been to
No Cash - active
Alicia - has she been to something before talwinds?
Cactuar - not active
Pakman -semi active, not too much
pete - does he go to tournaments?
your 2 friends - ...
magus - NJ
bookofalex - ?
canismash - doesnt enter singles
talwind - this past weekend was his first tourney in about a year
dobs - what's the last event he's been to?
vex - not active
me - not active
ultimascout - active

i'm not trying to say it's not good for melee to come back, i'm all for it - it's just that look at your list, it's so scraping the barrel. outside of 3 or 4 ppl, no one on that list has been to more than two tourneys in a years period, you can't make a PR out of that.

Vorosh

Smash Apprentice
You - whens the last time you've been to a tourney
Matt $ - I didn't even know about him... when's the last time he's been to an event
Ran - active
Vorosh - this last weekend was his first tournament since april right? has he been to anything since spoc 9?
Palpi - i dont know the last even he's been to
No Cash - active
Alicia - has she been to something before talwinds?
Cactuar - not active
Pakman -semi active, not too much
pete - does he go to tournaments?
your 2 friends - ...
magus - NJ
bookofalex - ?
canismash - doesnt enter singles
talwind - this past weekend was his first tourney in about a year
dobs - what's the last event he's been to?
vex - not active
me - not active
ultimascout - active

i'm not trying to say it's not good for melee to come back, i'm all for it - it's just that look at your list, it's so scraping the barrel. outside of 3 or 4 ppl, no one on that list has been to more than two tourneys in a years period, you can't make a PR out of that.
I was at APEX also, I'd consider myself active since I went to every tourney in Philly (both of them =P) and Apex. in 2010
Alicia went to ROM 3 and APEX

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
One tourney every 4 months doesn't really constitute as active. Though believe me, I'm glad more events in the area are popping up (MAD, Talwind 2) but for now it's not possible. Glad to hear about Alicia going to more, more active people the better, and she was pretty good.

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
stop bein so gay chibo. with the time you put out to give people infractions and warnings, you can actually be getting better at the game.

DERP

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes Chibo, Alicia was at Apex, Rom3, and then the Philly tourny. : ]

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm not Keitaro. :glare:

Ugh, I'm sorry. : [ Can you update it for me pwease? Kaylo. : ] I just forgot, it's just that both your names start with a K LOL.

A good 8 or so Pittsburgh players just went to RoM 3. I know there's at least 4 or 5 of us who regularly attend tournaments.
Cool, I'll post in the Pittsburgh thread when I'm confirmed with MAD. : D I hear Carroll might go, and Gouda. : ]

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
It's at a school, like 5 mins away. Also I'm willing to drive people to the school from the train station in Doylestown if they wanted.

Have you been to Cyborg One before?
Couple times. My friends play magic and pokemon there, and my friend stephan and Ed tried to get game nights going there, but were unsuccessful. But let me know if theres something upcoming. Probably won't be able to this next couple of weekends, but I could drive up after work or something mon-thursday most likely, MAYBE sundays

Oh, I thought he played Brawl. Nvm.
I do, I play both

Do you have a car? The area where most of UFB lives isn't that far if you can drive, but if you gotta take public trans, it's a hike.
I do have a car, whats UFB?

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Couple times. My friends play magic and pokemon there, and my friend stephan and Ed tried to get game nights going there, but were unsuccessful. But let me know if theres something upcoming. Probably won't be able to this next couple of weekends, but I could drive up after work or something mon-thursday most likely, MAYBE sundays
Doubt there will be anything anytime soon, but during the summer they have fight nights every monday around 6pm or so. Mostly stuff like Streeet Fighter and Blazblue among other things including smash, though that hasn't been the best the past summer or 2 since not many show up for it and the 2-3 ppl I know that do are bad......

Aside from that, in terms of smash, all that's needed is people who are interested in showing up for it. Also a few of the SF people played melee a while back so they may play if asked.

Top Bottom