• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! (Updated 2/11/10!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
um you're definitely top 20 chris lol. theres not that many people here that you are just completely out of the picture

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dammit, NEO! You're 83 above 2000 in your post count.

What was your epic 2000, and do you have tips for me?

dr.neo

Smash Champion
I didn't know I was supposed to have an epic post. :( Give me a different number and I'll come up with something awesome. How about 2,100.

A tip for what? Your 2000th post?

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
A tip for what? Your 2000th post?
Ya. I'm about to hit it. And I don't eant to hit it tongiht, since I"m a little drunk. Dont wanna mess it up . . .

EDIT - looks like one of our topics got moved, my post count went down. ;_;

stingers

Smash Obsessed
uh, the last tourney he was at...foxys last house tourney

congrats to slasher for getting better, you'll probably beat me now. i would be happy to see you beat me, as that would mean nc as a whole is just a little bit better, and i'd like for our state to become more respected

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i can guaruntee you i've played all of them more recently than you have.

maria's marth is better than crystalnites. why do you think me and ashley lost that MM? get carried, josh.

edit: good call, DJ. eric wang would probably still wreck me too. i might be top 40 though. yeeeeeeee chris.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
5 tournaments brings the concept of how recent a tournament was into question, which makes things more difficult to work out. More variables and data=more pain for a panelist.

3 tournaments is a fair enough interval and usually allows at least one tournament that every potential PR'd player would attend.

The only con side to the round robin is that people have certain availability... which is why I think announcing which tournament it will be at very ahead f time should help. If it's every 2-3 months... people will have time to plan and work out their schedules to help out. If they can't make it, they always have the option of stacking it up at the tourneys they can make it to.

This RR wouldn't be the end all way to rank NC... it will only be used to describe the gray areas a lot easier.

DJRome

Smash Hero
once again, you already use that concept since in the op you state you use the previous pr which considered the previous tournaments anyways.

and answer my aim about rides. i would like to book asap u hoe

edit: boss hog, that's foolish as well. ranbats have no money on the line. and you cannot force people to care about the prs

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
seven, rawfuls, i think even dshep might beat me in tournament if we just played a set.

not only do we have these many players cam, but they're all better than me.

which means they're all better than your luigi. step it up, woman.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lol dj, putting money on the line doesnt mean everyone cares either. you just pick a system and take it at face value.

dr.neo

Smash Champion
Ya. I'm about to hit it. And I don't eant to hit it tongiht, since I"m a little drunk. Dont wanna mess it up . . .

EDIT - looks like one of our topics got moved, my post count went down. ;_;
I'll do something at 2100 or something. Lets see. Write a short story about the birth and evolution of catfish using pictures/video/ whatever else. I'm pretty sure 98% of the smash community does not know what catfish really is. As a matter of fact it might just be me you adam beaners and chocolate thunder. It must include.... GIMME BACK MY BARRET!!!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
The only con side to the round robin is that people have certain availability... which is why I think announcing which tournament it will be at very ahead f time should help. If it's every 2-3 months... people will have time to plan and work out their schedules to help out. If they can't make it, they always have the option of stacking it up at the tourneys they can make it to.

This RR wouldn't be the end all way to rank NC... it will only be used to describe the gray areas a lot easier.
Lol if TOs are cool with it, then I don't care, but I guess some people might not be interested and try to cop out, is all I'm saying.

I'd love to have more data per 3 tournaments LOL.

Edit: DJ, I only kinda say that for reasons.

DJRome

Smash Hero
lol, people care much more about placing well at a tourney which has the potential of $ than ranbats with no $.

moreover, im find with the current pr system. I have problem with its parameters

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'll do something at 2100 or something. Lets see. Write a short story about the birth and evolution of catfish using pictures/video/ whatever else. I'm pretty sure 98% of the smash community does not know what catfish really is. As a matter of fact it might just be me you adam beaners and chocolate thunder. It must include.... GIMME BACK MY BARRET!!!
You're right. But once it took off, there's no control of where it goes from there. But the original joke was . . . @s$ worthy.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Chris, Maria ***** you. i wouldn't be downtalking women like that. or are you complementing me...? :bee:
idk wtf i'm doing. but yeah, i'm not really good at this game, so i'ma keep being emo about this game and maybe it'll get me hyped about UNCG soccer tryouts.

**** those start tuesday. *looks at stomach* well this should go well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom