• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-The NNID Sharing Thread: Find opponents here!-

The_Ghosty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_Ghosty
Yeah I read somewhere that turning them off can just teach you to rely on rolling and shielding less. I've been told that I'm predictable, and I'm still trying to learn how to mix things up a bit, but it still feels difficult to improve with this character. I'm trying to figure out how to punish more with him because he can't really shield grab. The information you gave me is useful nonetheless, thanks man.
That's true, maybe I should try that since I definitely roll more than I should lolol. Your jab lock works really well too, just learn to speed up (short hops, fast fall, faking, etc) and adjust to what your enemy is doing.

... I should probably take my own advice lol

Last edited:

MaddDecent

Smash Cadet
NNID
CrashingSt0rm
3DS FC
4871-4027-4131
That's true, maybe I should try that since I definitely roll more than I should lolol. Your jab lock works really well too, just learn to speed up (short hops, fast fall, faking, etc) and adjust to what your enemy is doing.

... I should probably take my own advice lol
From my perspective your movement was pretty good. I couldn't really keep up with it. The only things I'd say to watch out for are going for the grab too much and throwing out smash attacks a bit too frequently. In the last match I started ti get adjusted to your dash grabs becuase you'd go for it multiple times, and I started to nair it. I wasn't reacting well but watch out with doing it against better players.

zlakerboy357

Smash Rookie
NNID
zlakerboy357
3DS FC
2552-3511-4876
Good games man, have any tips for me?
I don't have much to say. Your Toshiba was incredible, but your Mario could need some improvements imo, like for example using fireballs a bit more. Other than that you're a pretty damn good player. Hope we could do this another time. Any tips for me?
EDIT: I meant YOSHI. I've no idea where Toshiba came from lol.

Last edited:

MaddDecent

Smash Cadet
NNID
CrashingSt0rm
3DS FC
4871-4027-4131
I don't have much to say. Your Toshiba was incredible, but your Mario could need some improvements imo, like for example using fireballs a bit more. Other than that you're a pretty damn good player. Hope we could do this another time. Any tips for me?
That post was really weird since I'm using a Toshiba laptop to post this 0.0. I know you mean my Yoshi though. So the biggest overall tip I could give you is to not throw out smash attacks so much. I make the same mistake too sometimes, and you can get seriously punished for it. I'm not that good of a player yet and I just recently picked up Yoshi, so my punishes aren't that good yet. Other people on here will give you a punish for a good chunk of damage. Also, I'd really watchout on platforms like on Battlefied. As Kirby, you're going to die sooner than most characters, and with a good amount of the cast being able to get good damage with an upsmash or an aerial, you'll want to get off as soon as possible. I'd like to play you again too, we have pretty similar skill. I'm also surprised the connection was as good as it was since you're in Norway.

zlakerboy357

Smash Rookie
NNID
zlakerboy357
3DS FC
2552-3511-4876
That post was really weird since I'm using a Toshiba laptop to post this 0.0. I know you mean my Yoshi though. So the biggest overall tip I could give you is to not throw out smash attacks so much. I make the same mistake too sometimes, and you can get seriously punished for it. I'm not that good of a player yet and I just recently picked up Yoshi, so my punishes aren't that good yet. Other people on here will give you a punish for a good chunk of damage. Also, I'd really watchout on platforms like on Battlefied. As Kirby, you're going to die sooner than most characters, and with a good amount of the cast being able to get good damage with an upsmash or an aerial, you'll want to get off as soon as possible. I'd like to play you again too, we have pretty similar skill. I'm also surprised the connection was as good as it was since you're in Norway.
Hehe, thanks for the tips. ;D
Anyone want to play ?
My NNID is gostex.
Sure I'm up for a couple of matches.

RandomAnimeGamer

Smash Rookie
NNID
Naruto-rox_1
3DS FC
0774-4508-4682
Okay I'll add you and what time are you free?
Sorry for the late response! I'm free on Saturdays, most Sundays (Balloon Twisting Events usually come on Sundays for me), Fridays in the afternoon, and Mondays/Wednesdays/Thursdays at night! Hope to play some good Dairantou with you!

SoraX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RickyX
3DS FC
2750-1160-0582
If anyone wants to add me to fight, send me a message mate! NNID StrapOnFetus
I'm available right now if you want to play.

Edit: Anyone want to play? I'll probably be available for a while.

Last edited:

Kitten13

Smash Rookie
me and my friend are looking to practice 2v2's right now if anyone wants too! nnid:sonicmlg

SoraX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RickyX
3DS FC
2750-1160-0582
me and my friend are looking to practice 2v2's right now if anyone wants too! nnid:sonicmlg
If someone else wanted to be my team mate I'd be glad to play with you guys.

Kitten13

Smash Rookie
would you be ok with a level 9 bot until we find someone? i totally understand if you dont wann. im suprused nobody is jumping in to join!

SoraX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RickyX
3DS FC
2750-1160-0582
would you be ok with a level 9 bot until we find someone? i totally understand if you dont wann. im suprused nobody is jumping in to join!
Sure, I guess. :]

By the way, I'm not very good at team battle, just a heads up. lol I prefer 1v1, but I wanna get better at teams.

Last edited:
Top Bottom