• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-The NNID Sharing Thread: Find opponents here!-

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Is there anyone up this early willing to play a few good matches? Pretty bored currently and would love some good practice sessions.

Last edited:

MaddDecent

Smash Cadet
NNID
CrashingSt0rm
3DS FC
4871-4027-4131
Okay, I'll set up a room. :]
Good games. I did really bad :\. You're the best player I've ever fought lol. Do you have any tips for me? I'm trying to learn to play the game more competitively.

Last edited:

SoraX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RickyX
3DS FC
2750-1160-0582
Good games. I did really bad :\. You're the best player I've ever fought lol. Do you have any tips for me? I'm trying to learn to play the game more competitively.
lol Thanks! And you weren't bad. I would say you should try and switch up your attacks more often and be more spontaneous, because doing the same thing becomes predictable. Also, all the really good Yoshi players I play tend to use his egg throw quite a bit, so I would try and practice using that move a bit more.

MaddDecent

Smash Cadet
NNID
CrashingSt0rm
3DS FC
4871-4027-4131
lol Thanks! And you weren't bad. I would say you should try and switch up your attacks more often and be more spontaneous, because doing the same thing becomes predictable. Also, all the really good Yoshi players I play tend to use his egg throw quite a bit, so I would try and practice using that move a bit more.
Thanks for the tips! We should play again sometime. I need to find more people to consistently play with. I just picked up Yoshi and I'm trying to get better with him, it's the struggle.

SoraX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RickyX
3DS FC
2750-1160-0582
Thanks for the tips! We should play again sometime. I need to find more people to consistently play with. I just picked up Yoshi and I'm trying to get better with him, it's the struggle.
I know what that's like. lol I personally stink at using Yoshi but he's a really good character if you master him. And yeah we should play again sometime.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Good games. Your Palutena is ridiculous lol. Do you have any tips you could give me?
Good games. I like your Yoshi.

As far as tips go it seems to me that you don't know how to escape some strings. Also your neutral game is kinda campy. I guess that's how yoshi kinda plays but don't forget to have a little offense. Just make sure you space things well and try not to throw out as many random smashes when you're trying to kill. Don't just charge stuff and expect people to run into it. It can be hard to get kills as yoshi. Up smash is pretty good from what I've seen. Also egglay then up smash is really good at racking up damage. Don't rely on down b as much. Don't crouch right before you do it to. Its a dead giveaway.

Last edited:

MaddDecent

Smash Cadet
NNID
CrashingSt0rm
3DS FC
4871-4027-4131
Good games. I like your Yoshi.

As far as tips go it seems to me that you don't know how to escape some strings. Also your neutral game is kinda campy. I guess that's how yoshi kinda plays but don't forget to have a little offense. Just make sure you space things well and try not to throw out as many random smashes when you're trying to kill. Don't just charge stuff and expect people to run into it. It can be hard to get kills as yoshi. Up smash is pretty good from what I've seen. Also egglay then up smash is really good at racking up damage. Don't rely on down b as much. Don't crouch right before you do it to. Its a dead giveaway.
Thanks for the tips. I was confused on how to DI a good amount of the strings you tried out. I guess it might of just been my worry. I'm trying to increase my offensive game, but when people apply a lot of pressure I end up turtling up. I start freaking out by repeatedly taking damage, and my game just gets slowed up, and I make a lot of mistakes. I don't really now how to stop this since I can't really train to stop freaking out. I know a couple of set ups for kills, I just need to get my mind in the right place during a fight. I wanna play against you more sometime to try to get better, you're an awesome player.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Is anyone up for a few good matches? Pretty bored at the moment and I've been wanting to practice with someone for a while now.

Let me know!

MaddDecent

Smash Cadet
NNID
CrashingSt0rm
3DS FC
4871-4027-4131
Is anyone up for a few good matches? Pretty bored at the moment and I've been wanting to practice with someone for a while now.

Let me know!
Sorry, I'm not up for playing at the moment since I've been paying through the night (Plus I'm watching The Walking Dead lol), but I'd be willing to practice with you when you feel like it, I'm trying pretty hard to get better at this game.

MaddDecent

Smash Cadet
NNID
CrashingSt0rm
3DS FC
4871-4027-4131
Let's do it, adding now
Good games man, you made my Yoshi go extinct lol. Do you have any tips for me. I know in the beginning I wasn't shielding or air dodging because I had them off to focus more on offense.

Last edited:

The_Ghosty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_Ghosty
Good games man, you made my Yoshi go extinct lol. Do you have any tips for me. I know in the beginning I wasn't shielding or air dodging because I had them off to focus more on offense.
Never heard of someone turning them off :o I'd say you're very very predictable and definitely need to speed up your movements a bit more, dodge when needed but try other approaches such as mixing up between
egg > run towards > grab
egg > run towards > down tilt or
egg > run towards > run slightly back to bait an attack
short hop > egg > egg

I'd also use up air a bit more since it's pretty good and confirming a kill, especially in stages closer to the upper edge of the screen.

MaddDecent

Smash Cadet
NNID
CrashingSt0rm
3DS FC
4871-4027-4131
Never heard of someone turning them off :o I'd say you're very very predictable and definitely need to speed up your movements a bit more, dodge when needed but try other approaches such as mixing up between
egg > run towards > grab
egg > run towards > down tilt or
egg > run towards > run slightly back to bait an attack
short hop > egg > egg

I'd also use up air a bit more since it's pretty good and confirming a kill, especially in stages closer to the upper edge of the screen.
Yeah I read somewhere that turning them off can just teach you to rely on rolling and shielding less. I've been told that I'm predictable, and I'm still trying to learn how to mix things up a bit, but it still feels difficult to improve with this character. I'm trying to figure out how to punish more with him because he can't really shield grab. The information you gave me is useful nonetheless, thanks man.

Top Bottom