• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandacheck

Smash Ace
Respecting someones wishes if they choose to quit something is there own agenda, people tend to try to quit smash then people say " Don't quit smash, you can change your life around or whatever you need to do, but don't quit " lol that's just setting them up to start over this vicious cycle of quitting then coming back then quitting, *sigh* Kyle just do it man, smash is just a game honestly, the competitive scene is TIGHT, but i don't think it'll ever get back to what it used to be, it had a good run, do what you gotta do man

FoosJr

Smash Ace
Ethan wanted me to ask everyone how they feel about fridays I guess there are people going on friday and playing smash so he wants to know if that'll work for most people

:phone:

FoosJr

Smash Ace
Just got off the phone with Ethan there is no best bout on Wednesday we are officially changing it to Fridays. Just so everyone is clear i'll say it again. NO BESTBOUT TODAY WEDNESDAY 5/23/12 IT HAS BEEN MOVED TO FRIDAYS. :cool:

Izayah

Smash Journeyman
Phil Nye the SCIENCE Guy wrote at 4:39 PM on May 22, 2012 :
"And he led his people through the divide between Marvel and Capcom, where they would go, they knew not, but thus saith Yugo 'it shall be so', and it was good".

Binx

Smash Master
hmm,,,, am i doing this right comma comma comma

Also yeah friday is fine, but that sucks cause i wanted to play tonight lol =D

Also I've been playing some mvc3 and it's pretty fun, although im terrible at it. Someone needs to teach me to play yeah?

See you guys friday!

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Hey, so I was randomly reading a coupon magazine or something and I saw this

http://www.facebook.com/events/364555376928007/

It's a Melee tournament at some gaming store in the beaverton/tigard area. I can't go because i have work on that day, but seems like a nice place to check out and support

In case any of you are too lazy to look at that facebook page

Address: 12186 SW Scholls Ferry Rd., Tigard, OR 97223

I really wanted to go to this to play people like this
"You will truly regret ever inviting me. Prepare your orifices."

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
Hey, so I was randomly reading a coupon magazine or something and I saw this

http://www.facebook.com/events/364555376928007/

It's a Melee tournament at some gaming store in the beaverton/tigard area. I can't go because i have work on that day, but seems like a nice place to check out and support

In case any of you are too lazy to look at that facebook page

Address: 12186 SW Scholls Ferry Rd., Tigard, OR 97223

I really wanted to go to this to play people like this
"You will truly regret ever inviting me. Prepare your orifices."
I almost want to go to this for the lols, but since most of you are probably going to jump on this, it seems I would just be "not quitting" if I did, and probably angry for most of another saturday; so alas, I will practice self control.

ChinesePanda777

Smash Apprentice
Kinda late, but I'm really glad that I got to play the handful of Portland and Eugene players that came to the Civil War LAN. Always fun Portland people, even if I keep losing to Ratking cuz I'm bad. Good games to those from Eugene, hope to play you more and not lose to Sam when he's not even (really) trying.

JonnyW

Smash Ace
So mega poor, otherwise I'd totally go to that Tigard tournament thingy. Sounds fun :) Unless someone wants to drive me/ not expect gas money?

?!

-Ryan

Izayah

Smash Journeyman
Kinda late, but I'm really glad that I got to play the handful of Portland and Eugene players that came to the Civil War LAN. Always fun Portland people, even if I keep losing to Ratking cuz I'm bad. Good games to those from Eugene, hope to play you more and not lose to Sam when he's not even (really) trying.
Maybe show up to some Portland tournaments to get that practice in and beat Ratking?

Also, for Gage and Shane or whoever cares: The LoL tournament will be on June 30th.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
Maybe show up to some Portland tournaments to get that practice in and beat Ratking?
For the time being, this is impossible.

Also, got an xbox and **** the other day. Since you don't do Wednesday smash, and don't go Tuesday, when will I get to play with you Yugo?!

Izayah

Smash Journeyman
For the time being, this is impossible.

Also, got an xbox and **** the other day. Since you don't do Wednesday smash, and don't go Tuesday, when will I get to play with you Yugo?!
Either I have to go to your house, or you'll never play with me haha.

Eggz

Smash Hero
So Foos, you should call them and see if you can be the new smash guy. Either that or me, Jesse and Anthony will talk about hosting monthlies.

Also Yugo, is the LoL tournament still on?

Eggz

Smash Hero
Gage was acting like it would've been cancelled because you aren't the Smash guy, so I decided to double check since he wasn't down to for reasons unknown.

Izayah

Smash Journeyman
Gage was acting like it would've been cancelled because you aren't the Smash guy, so I decided to double check since he wasn't down to for reasons unknown.
Well, me not being the smash guy is only temporary. I just gotta finish up school and then I'm gonna be back.

Eggz

Smash Hero
LOL **** nah

and oh

i thought you meant the LoL **** LOL

aight aight
is there a fb page for the LoL tourney yet? and good **** on goin strong with school Yugo

Izayah

Smash Journeyman
LOL **** nah

and oh

i thought you meant the LoL **** LOL

aight aight
is there a fb page for the LoL tourney yet? and good **** on goin strong with school Yugo
There is nothing on facebook yet, I'll post something when it happens.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I haven't been lurking as much as I should if I missed that Kyle said he was quitting :^(
I've been real busy lately, but just wanted to say it's been great seeing you around at tournaments since you came back. I wanted to sit down and play friendlies with you like the ol' days, but didn't get a chance at OSU when I could have.
Maybe I'll see you at tournaments with Street Fighter or Skullgirls events (I'll reiterate what someone else stated: don't play Marvel, lol).

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
Kyle, we're getting together to play Skullgirls at Sam/Whitty's place Sunday around 5pm. If you want to hang out and learn the game, get a hold of one of them for the address.

Tuen and Mark might be interested in carpooling with you as well.
Wish I saw this sooner, or I might have considered it despite working today.

I haven't been lurking as much as I should if I missed that Kyle said he was quitting :^(
I've been real busy lately, but just wanted to say it's been great seeing you around at tournaments since you came back. I wanted to sit down and play friendlies with you like the ol' days, but didn't get a chance at OSU when I could have.
Maybe I'll see you at tournaments with Street Fighter or Skullgirls events (I'll reiterate what someone else stated: don't play Marvel, lol).
Too late on the marvel thing. Think I settled on that cause it is ****ing awesome to watch, and seems super technical by comparison to SF. I still could be persuaded otherwise, but people gotta convince me before I get together with Yugo (hopefully this week later.). Cause after that, I am sure my hype level will exceed 9000.

Also, I should reiterate, not that it ultimately matters, that I am not quitting despite my hasty words. I however will be around considerably less, and don't see myself entering any tournaments any time soon. Ultimately I need to figure out how to make the game fun again. When it was fun for me, I was playing well, and winning, and that made it more fun. Now I don't have fun, thus playing like crap, then losing, and getting more angry than I would previously when such happend, and it just sucks. Until I can get my self deprecation, and anger toward certain people under control, I am going to see if I can figure out what it takes to be a casual *GASP* until I can have fun again. But again, good luck to those still going hard.

ChinesePanda777

Smash Apprentice
Too late on the marvel thing. Think I settled on that cause it is ****ing awesome to watch, and seems super technical by comparison to SF. I still could be persuaded otherwise, but people gotta convince me before I get together with Yugo (hopefully this week later.). Cause after that, I am sure my hype level will exceed 9000.
It is more fast pace and technical in SF but still not nearly as demanding on precision/execution as Melee or MvC2. However, it is very simple to chain together buttons to create awesome looking/flashy combos which can be a good or bad thing. I personally dislike it because of the huge amount of randomness, X-factor, and that a lot of the mixups involve just spamming the screen full of effects that makes it difficult to see (which is kinda the point I suppose).

I find it interesting that there was recently a tournament(?) with custom rules that lowered damage and got rid of X-factor. Some people were even keen enough to point out that this is exactly what the Smash community does which the FGC consistently flacks Smash for doing.

I do still wish you luck in the game though; a lot of the cast is really cool and it can be super fun to watch as you said. It also has a lot of hype surrounding it and thus a lot of entertaining moments like the Arm of the Bionic Commando.

If I wanted to devote time to learning a new game, I would love to play KOF XIII.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
One thing about marvel that sucks, is getting ***** in it is like the most boring experience ever. It's not like smash where you get *****, but at least you could move or do like one attack or something. If you play someone who even has the mechanics down solidly. You just get 0-death every time you get hit. That gets pretty boring for me, but I guess some people are cool with getting *****.

Izayah

Smash Journeyman
It is more fast pace and technical in SF but still not nearly as demanding on precision/execution as Melee or MvC2. However, it is very simple to chain together buttons to create awesome looking/flashy combos which can be a good or bad thing. I personally dislike it because of the huge amount of randomness, X-factor, and that a lot of the mixups involve just spamming the screen full of effects that makes it difficult to see (which is kinda the point I suppose).
One thing about marvel that sucks, is getting ***** in it is like the most boring experience ever. It's not like smash where you get *****, but at least you could move or do like one attack or something. If you play someone who even has the mechanics down solidly. You just get 0-death every time you get hit. That gets pretty boring for me, but I guess some people are cool with getting *****.
I really do feel sad when I see people make these assumptions about the game, it's the same thing that happens when people play Melee or Brawl and make assumptions that the game is "easy" or "there are no footsies" without actually understanding the game. When you get to higher levels of play, you find out a lot of these things aren't true. Granted, there are a few characters that can do 0 to deaths, and there are those super easy combos, but when you get to higher levels of play, you learn to block incoming mixups and you learn to avoid situations that allow a character who can 0 to death to actually 0 to death. Most of those 0 to death combos require a very specific hit confirm, and you can avoid those pretty easy. Also, the situation where you "don't get to play" is essentially your fault, when you fail to recognize the pattern of mixups that a person is doing, of course you're going to lose fairly quickly.

COMMASSSSSSSS!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom