• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

Smash Apprentice
What time does the smashfest start usually?

Edit: **** I forgot to bring a controller from corvallis, would anyone have an extra if I came?

:phone:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I agree that it's not where you place in a tournament, it's who you beat. Number of games won does matter, but to a lesser degree because it is a vague indication of how well you do overall. What place you took in a single tournament really doesn't mean anything unless you're top 3 to 5 or bottom 3 to 5 (because at that point it's obvious how well you did).

debaser

Smash Lord
Shoutouts to ****ard and Debaser for being close to PR status.
meh, I'd actually rather not be considered for pr tbh. not to be a downer about it or anything.

the competitive aspect of smash just isn't my cup of tea and I'm not super motivated to improve anymore. I really only enter tournaments to to make a meatier bracket for the community.

not to mention I am leaving the country for an indefinite amount of time come january :roll:

It just kind of blows that my years when I was obsessed with improvement and tournaments was when melee in oregon was, for all intents and purposes, dead.

However, seeing this phoenix be reborn from the ashes of the brawl bomb and grow like it has recently brings a manly tear to my eye.

JonnyW

Smash Ace
not to mention i am leaving the country for an indefinite amount of time come january :roll:

It just kind of blows that my years when i was obsessed with improvement and tournaments was when melee in oregon was, for all intents and purposes, dead.
im gonna miss you debaser :(

keeper

Smash Champion
I beat Ratking last tournament and hes still above me. Our places have to do with how much we win, im pretty sure I place higher than you, bird, and paul most of the time, even if you beat me in a set.
You've placed higher than me in exactly one tournament.

meh, I'd actually rather not be considered for pr tbh. not to be a downer about it or anything.

the competitive aspect of smash just isn't my cup of tea and I'm not super motivated to improve anymore. I really only enter tournaments to to make a meatier bracket for the community.

not to mention I am leaving the country for an indefinite amount of time come january :roll:

It just kind of blows that my years when I was obsessed with improvement and tournaments was when melee in oregon was, for all intents and purposes, dead.

However, seeing this phoenix be reborn from the ashes of the brawl bomb and grow like it has recently brings a manly tear to my eye.
Gotta give the deet's for Pete's brah.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
Not going to make it to the Smashfest, sorry. I-5 was a cluster****.

Debaser, you were the first person I played and talked to at GO 3. Easily one of the most welcoming people in the community. You will be missed.

"However, seeing this phoenix be reborn from the ashes of the brawl bomb and grow like it has recently brings a manly tear to my eye."

Beautiful.

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
The only real **** talking I heard was from Iceman in his set vs brick. He killed brick and yelled "CaN i GeT a **** OrEgOn?" Then everyone around him agreed he was douchebag.
Ya im sorry for not saying this earlier but i really am sorry about that. I was a complete ****ing douche at this tournament when a lot of you had never met me before and for that i am truly sorry because now there's probably nothing i can do to fix it. Honestly i just got really mad at myself after i lost to minh because i killed myself last stock last game which is the worst way to lose. I really hope you guys come to gc so I can apologize in person and try to show you that im actually not a douche.

JonnyW

Smash Ace
Ya im sorry for not saying this earlier but i really am sorry about that. I was a complete ****ing douche at this tournament when a lot of you had never met me before and for that i am truly sorry because now there's probably nothing i can do to fix it. Honestly i just got really mad at myself after i lost to minh because i killed myself last stock last game which is the worst way to lose. I really hope you guys come to gc so I can apologize in person and try to show you that im actually not a douche.
Its all good man, next time I see you we'll have a good time. We should MM :)

haha k.

wise edit. Probably not in our best interests to question Keeper's grammar
He is a grammar nazi. haha :D

cmin

Smash Ace
Smash brings out the inner beast in all of us, Sorry our set ended in a very anti-climatic way. That coulda gone both ways for sure

keeper

Smash Champion
Isn't your name Evan?
'for Pete's sake, Scott, share some details of your aforementioned plan with us before I **** my pants in anticipation.'

My best guess.

Yeah. Pretty much that. I pulled the slang out of my *** because I felt like it for some reason.
haha k.

wise edit. Probably not in our best interests to question Keeper's grammar
Damn right.

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
Haha. So keeps, are you taking a break/stopping melee or what? I was never really clear on that. It'd be too bad to lose one of our good players. Also, I never got to play you. I probably played you at Jesse's way back when but I don't remember.

keeper

Smash Champion
Haha. So keeps, are you taking a break/stopping melee or what? I was never really clear on that. It'd be too bad to lose one of our good players. Also, I never got to play you. I probably played you at Jesse's way back when but I don't remember.

I played with you at TP4. lol
I planned to go to Best Bout on Wednesday if it's still on that day, but **** might come up. That's my plan though.

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
So who all is going? We should get our carpool planned out.

Kyle
Jesse
Ben
Foos
Me
Postman
And Minh? Can't remember if you said you were going

Anyone else?

Kyle's driving, and I can drive but if someone else can instead I would rather they do it since I drove last time, and just drove up to WA for Thanksgiving too (am about to come back today).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom