• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
the first half of that video was so ******** Phil haha. The only thing cool was the platform lands to turn around drops. The second half with the footstools and bananas were impressive though

Eggz

Smash Hero
Aight me, zeru and two others are for sure coming. We're leaving saturday morning and we might be a little late (gonna leave WA around 10AM)

prolly gonna be someone out of andy/otto/iceman or something of the sort.

We need housing saturday night prrroooobably, unless we take Otto. Depends on if mike wants to drive there/black the same night, cuz if we dont come back saturday otto can't go.

lemme know (respond in the WA thread please, it too so much conscious effort to remember this thread existed.)

sorry we cant make your fest kyle =[

Izayah

Smash Journeyman
Aight me, zeru and two others are for sure coming. We're leaving saturday morning and we might be a little late (gonna leave WA around 10AM)

prolly gonna be someone out of andy/otto/iceman or something of the sort.

We need housing saturday night prrroooobably, unless we take Otto. Depends on if mike wants to drive there/black the same night, cuz if we dont come back saturday otto can't go.

lemme know (respond in the WA thread please, it too so much conscious effort to remember this thread existed.)

sorry we cant make your fest kyle =[
Hope you can get there by 1PM (1:15 at the latest) or none of you are entering. Remember to not bring Alcohol.

keeper

Smash Champion
GG's everyone from last night. Due to work I'll probably never be able to make a Saturday tournament but I could probably start making this wednesday thing at least somewhat regular!

Shoutouts to postman for going from me 2-3 stocking you only to have you beat me in round 1 like 15 minutes later. I can make 'I choked' johns all day but you definitely learned the match fast.

Shoutout to Jesse for letting you down and only going 2-2 :[

Shoutout to Evan hoping that we can find a better way to resolve our matches than Sheik dittos...

Shoutout to James! Nice seeing you again (if you're even reading this.) I realized how much I learned from you about Samus like 6-7 years ago... hahah I've gone so far.

And just shoutouts to everyone else in Oregon for showing up. Definitely enjoyed myself and will probably be showing up more and bringing Eric
I'm always down for a Samus ditto or a Young vs. Old match-up (my Ylink against your Link).

I'm not even joking. ._.

Dawg

Smash Apprentice
Haven't played this game for realz in like 4-5 yrs, stoked for tomorrow/saturday. Any Oregonians coming besides kyle/jesse(maybe james???) that were around way back when that I would remember/that remember me?

Wanna see whats been goin on w/ this game for the past half decade.

edit: lol @ chang's mongolian oregon

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
Damn, I wish I could come to this tournament. Hopefully I'll see you guys at the next one.

@Surreal: Yeah its pretty insane lol.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
Too bad that kind of play is literally impossible due to reaction time and di.
I've seen diddy pull some crazy **** in matches before.
I'm always down for a Samus ditto or a Young vs. Old match-up (my Ylink against your Link).

I'm not even joking. ._.
Mad hype son!
Just the fact that it's possible at all is stupid though.
I don't understand. Is it too technical for you?

Surreal

Smash Ace
Well it's obviously too technical for anyone, but the fact that he can move so fast in the first place is dumb. And idc what people can say about DI and whatnot, I'm pretty sure if someone was going that fast on you, you wouldn't know what the frick to do, and what you were trying to DI was like 4 attacks ago.

debaser

Smash Lord
this game is ****ing incredible and a greedy life *****. When I saw that smash 64 setup in that game store back in 1999, I should've just been like, **** no, I don't need that ****, I am not even interested in that in the slightest. but nope, my mind was apparently destined to be blown that fateful day. and now there's this competitive melee nonsense.

I don't get nintendo. how do they not understand this transcendence they created? how can they look back on this game like it was just a particularly spicy turd they dropped one morning? **** this game. **** you all. somehow I'm not stoned out of my gourd. see you saturday

debaser

Smash Lord
I don't get nintendo. how do they not understand this transcendence they created?
oh ****, we created it. jesus ****.

dsdvbfsvjhfbvbvjfhbvfdkjvbdkjvlbfdvbdkjfvbfkdjvb

^brain manure. sorry if my ramblings ****ed up your night. go **** yourselves. good night.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
Straight edge for life.
I'm a person just like you
But I've got better things to do
Than sit around and smoke dope
'Cause I know I can cope
Laugh at the thought of eating ludes
Laugh at the thought of sniffing glue
Always gonna keep in touch
Never want to use a crutch
I've got the straight edge

Izayah

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if any of you care but I'll tell you just in case. Best Bout will be closed today. Everything is still gonna go strong tomorrow though.

Surreal

Smash Ace
Too bad no one here plays puff, or peach, or Marth (plays him seriously, short of like two people who I don't see often), and we have like 1 (soon to be 10 apparently) sheik player.

The only reason I always end up going Falco in tournament (and thus doing what everyone else does AKA spacies and falcon everywhere) is because Ganon is only good against the other half of the top 8 that like no one plays (Puff, Marth, Peach, IC's).

Not really anyone's fault, play who you want, but I'm just saying OR lacks variety.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
Fox+Falco+Puff+Sheik=2

You could debatably include Marth, Peach and Falcon in there as well.
Debatably? I am pretty sure Marth and Peach are definitely THAT good. Falcon is the only debatable one because he has some pretty awful matchups. I think ultimately he is a pretty awesome character though. I would agree that everything below Falcon is pretty bad though. Still, 6, maybe 7 good characters is ****ing amazing for a fighting game.

Surreal

Smash Ace
I don't think you should judge what people play jeff. You've been out of the scene for quite a while.
Note how I said "Play who you want".

Also saying someone's out of the scene isn't really descriptive with OR considering our scene isn't lively as it is (BB is really the only thing that's kept it from being completely dead). I went to that smashfest wednesday, been to the last two LOST tournaments, and have had a few smashfests at my place the past few months. That's a lot better than a lot of players around here. It's not my fault I don't have the money to go wherever I want or live in a campus with like 8 other players.

I live by Jesse sure, but he's never around.

keeper

Smash Champion
Fox and Falco are the only two characters that can approach. All others are forced to play defensive against those two characters simply because if the Fox or Falco is good at all they can punish the approach and play the whole game not approaching if they so desire since they're the most difficult to punish. Therefore, don't approach a Fox or Falco if you want to actually win, or if you want really want to win you pick one of those two characters and try to play smart.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
Note how I said "Play who you want".

Also saying someone's out of the scene isn't really descriptive with OR considering our scene isn't lively as it is (BB is really the only thing that's kept it from being completely dead). I went to that smashfest wednesday, been to the last two LOST tournaments, and have had a few smashfests at my place the past few months. That's a lot better than a lot of players around here. It's not my fault I don't have the money to go wherever I want or live in a campus with like 8 other players.

I live by Jesse sure, but he's never around.
I didn't mean it like that. What I meant by that statement was that I disagreed with your numerical assessment for how many people play peach marth and jiggs.

Axe got fifth at pound 4 with pikachu.

Surreal

Smash Ace
Chinese Panda is the only marth main who I can name in OR besides that one guy I played against in LOST5 whose name I don't know.

The only peach main we have is artifice, who I don't see often, and you're the only one who seconds her.

Gage is the only puff main (honestly debatable if you can call him that since whenever I do see him play it's fox or falco) and he doesn't enter singles often. Idk anyone who seconds puff except maybe Cactuarz (who doesn't play anymore).

Also people can name 1 or 2 people who can do well in tournaments with ____ low/mid tier characters, but that's it. Most low or mid tiers have 3 or less players who can really be named who do decently, if any. For every good player with a low/mid tier, there's like 5 good players with fox or falco.

Izayah

Smash Journeyman
Fox and Falco are the only two characters that can approach. All others are forced to play defensive against those two characters simply because if the Fox or Falco is good at all they can punish the approach and play the whole game not approaching if they so desire since they're the most difficult to punish. Therefore, don't approach a Fox or Falco if you want to actually win, or if you want really want to win you pick one of those two characters and try to play smart.
You just described She-Hulk.... **** THAT *****!

Chinese Panda is the only marth main who I can name in OR besides that one guy I played against in LOST5 whose name I don't know.
Cminh has been playing recently and he has been playing Marth with random Falco uses as well. You done goofed Jeff. Instead of being pessimistic about our scene you could try to encourage our scene?

debaser

Smash Lord
yeah, jeffs just your stereotypical gloomy straight edge dude. <3

also, evan's an idiot (edit: meaning I think that's a gross over simplification). does no one remember ucla V gfs with hugs and ka-master? that's samus luigi people, and it's one of the sickest sets of all time. I mean that analysis of fox and falco is sound on paper, but when it's in the game all that **** goes out the window when you get straight up out played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom