• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Scottish Thread!

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
just played smash for the first time in a while. At first I could barely short hop I was so rusty, but sure enough I was back to splendid form in a couple of hours.

It reminded me of the time I went all the way to Liverpool for a smash tournament and it was really cold- it was called ALT. I 4 stocked frostbyte, and came back from 1 stock from losing to beat Edwin. I then went on to get thoroughly **** on by Charles.

but I was always comforted by the fact that I was, and still am, the best in Scotland.

ac_anon

Smash Ace
just played smash for the first time in a while. At first I could barely short hop I was so rusty, but sure enough I was back to splendid form in a couple of hours.

It reminded me of the time I went all the way to Liverpool for a smash tournament and it was really cold- it was called ALT. I 4 stocked frostbyte, and came back from 1 stock from losing to beat Edwin. I then went on to get thoroughly **** on by Charles.

but I was always comforted by the fact that I was, and still am, the best in Scotland.
A BOLD POST BY A BOLD MAN

I remember that like it was yesterday, good times indeed! Almost as good as the time Kieren hit his head!:cool:

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
i hope everyone is looking forward to seeing my amazing sheik in losers finals ;)

tourney was fun, I especially enjoyed doubles.

Just watched it, my god nobody forward smashes with sheik like me. No idea how i was doing better with her than samus.
haha I have to be honest and say that your sheik made me facepalm quite a few times

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
With my new controller I randomly fsmash sometimes, I don't know how I hardly get punished for it though, it usually just sets up for combo ****. :confused: Must just be the inner smash instinct inside me. :seuss:

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Nice to see tails mcjolteon repping the emoticons. particularly the top hat one, Im a massive fan. By the way Id like to come to some tourney, like robbys if he has one. never been to brighton before.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I put that one there since it's your signature emoticon. :seuss:

I dunno when the next tournament is but it would be good if you came to it. :)

InvisibleMuffin

Smash Cadet
I like how the old scottish thread was posted in more recently than this one...

...except not anymore since this post but if anyone points this out they can go die.

2 weeks later edit:
wow, this place is empty.

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
im kinda hung over right now lol and shifty is playing UT2004.... we shud be free next weekend tho. get practicing that fox tech skill!!!

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Anyone free next weekend? I'm thinking of heading down to Edinburgh this weekend.

I'm back to maining Fox, got some good games last weekend and I'm feeling pretty good about my Fox now.

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
Anyone free next weekend? I'm thinking of heading down to Edinburgh this weekend.

I'm back to maining Fox, got some good games last weekend and I'm feeling pretty good about my Fox now.
Its about time we played again Yuichi :) Do you mean this weekend coming up or the one after that? I will be glad to help your fox out, you can practise against my marth, fox, falco and falcon who are all decent against fox (I wonder why? :p).
Who were u playing last weekend out of interest?

DDiz i dont think hes dropping bowser but rather just maining fox.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
I'll definetely still be playing Bowser in friendlies, but I doubt I'll play him anymore in tournament. He's kinda dull to play to be honest, so limited :/.

I still remember our Bowser Falcon MM by the way Ddiz, need to finish that =P.

@SS The weekend coming up, although I can probably do either weekend.

Trevor, Mr. P and his bro. It was really good actually, learnt that my Marth is garbage, and that my Fox and Bowser are easily my best characters. And it's inspired me to start taking the game seriously haha, been watching videos and stuff.

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
Its good you played them and Im glad that smash has finally captured your heart <3

This weekend coming is fairly busy for us but I will let you know in plenty of time if we are available or not to play.

jalued

Smash Lord
Its good you played them and Im glad that smash has finally captured your heart <3

This weekend coming is fairly busy for us but I will let you know in plenty of time if we are available or not to play.
i wont be able to make it i dont think, possibly on saturday. Oh and yuichi, im maining fox now too! :D getting my tech skill down and learning how to run alot :p

Mr P

Smash Ace
I'll definetely still be playing Bowser in friendlies, but I doubt I'll play him anymore in tournament. He's kinda dull to play to be honest, so limited :/.

I still remember our Bowser Falcon MM by the way Ddiz, need to finish that =P.

@SS The weekend coming up, although I can probably do either weekend.

Trevor, Mr. P and his bro. It was really good actually, learnt that my Marth is garbage, and that my Fox and Bowser are easily my best characters. And it's inspired me to start taking the game seriously haha, been watching videos and stuff.
Yeah good games, would have liked to have played a bit more but you know...

You got better but try and stick with just using fox and bowser it's more difficult if you are constantly switching character, espescially when you are just learning. You can come through to Aberdeen some time if you want for a bit of training or if i am in Dundee again i will give you a shout.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
i wont be able to make it i dont think, possibly on saturday. Oh and yuichi, im maining fox now too! :D getting my tech skill down and learning how to run alot :p
Haha, everyone's turned to fox now. Definetely want to play you again, it's been waaay too long!

We cant host anything this weekend there is too much going on sorry folks. The following weekend is fine though if anyone is interested.
Should be good for me, will say so if I can't manage though.

Yeah good games, would have liked to have played a bit more but you know...

You got better but try and stick with just using fox and bowser it's more difficult if you are constantly switching character, espescially when you are just learning. You can come through to Aberdeen some time if you want for a bit of training or if i am in Dundee again i will give you a shout.
Yeah, would have liked more games but ah well. I'll try and stick to just them but I know when I play Trevor he gets bored when I'm constantly getting easy wins whenever I play Fox or Bowser so I end up using random characters :/. But yeah, I'll try and stick to them.

Would definetely be up for coming up to Aberdeen sometime, is there anybody else there that plays at all?

Mr P

Smash Ace
Well there is one guy on the boards called "vodkahaze" who's in aberdeen but i've never met him and he doesn't seem interested so just me.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Hey agroves, good to see you back!

You stuck in Aberdeen still then?

agroves

Smash Apprentice
Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, Scotland, Europe, Earth
Hey agroves, good to see you back!

You stuck in Aberdeen still then?
aye unfortunately, terrible place to live but yeah i will hope fully come down for a smash fest someday. But until then i will wait in the shadows until it is time strike or find the time to come down. Probably wont be a while because of my exams :(

EDIT: Terrible excuse but its my first exams so itll be revsion mostly

jalued

Smash Lord
i might be able to be there for satuday, depends what the gf is d. Ill bring PM demo with me. Fox, marth and ganon feel wierd atm, but everyone else is good :) And im still playing melee too, ofc :p

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
I'll be down n Edinburgh this weekend, what day are we thinking of then? I'm free Saturday and Sunday.

Top Bottom