• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Official Stage Thread 3.0 - VIDEOS FOR EACH STAGE UP

joelthemole

Smash Rookie
Excuse me, but I never said I had any authority in the matter. I just stated my own opinions. Opinions are always allowed. (You would have understood that if you actually read previous posts) I don't give a rat's *** what you care about my opinions. I just stated them because I'm sure that someone agrees with me.

Besides, you don't have to agree with me but you can't say I don't have the authority to state my own opinions. Where I come from we have freedom of speech.
Boy what a nice man.

Please forgive this man Gimpyfish, for he does not know what he is doing. I have seen your videos of your Bowser skills and I honestly don't know why anyone here should have the balls to talk back to you.

Phillipians... good book, so is John.:bee:

grud315

Smash Cadet
I'm gpoing to start uploading videos of the stages next to their respective stages in the first post. This could take a while, as I have massive amounts of homework to accomplish. Hopefully I'll get some done by tonight.

EDIT: Might not happen due to the actual collections of videos others have assembled.

grud315

Smash Cadet
I'm only putting up the stages as they are confirmed on the dojo. I'm missing a lot that way, like Blue Hill Zone, the aformentioned electroplankton, Spear Pillar, etc. I'm waiting for pics from the site which I use. After they are put on the dojo I then do all that work. It might seem annoying but it's easier for me.

Rikka

Smash Journeyman
You mean Green Hill Zone.;)

You saw it, so best to get rid of it before it starts back up.

grud315

Smash Cadet
Whoops - my bad with the Green and the Blue Hill Zone - I can't believe i actually did that.

And yeah, stage bans, lets not talk about them.

Rampage

vx
Excuse me, but I never said I had any authority in the matter. I just stated my own opinions. Opinions are always allowed. (You would have understood that if you actually read previous posts) I don't give a rat's *** what you care about my opinions. I just stated them because I'm sure that someone agrees with me.

Besides, you don't have to agree with me but you can't say I don't have the authority to state my own opinions. Where I come from we have freedom of speech.
As your ranking implies you are a smash N00B, you obviously have no idea who gimpy is and if you did know, you would be kissing his behind just like everybody else. kbai

JC-Gamer

Smash Cadet
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, North America, Earth
As your ranking implies you are a smash N00B, you obviously have no idea who gimpy is and if you did know, you would be kissing his behind just like everybody else. kbai
Even if I did know it wouldn't change a thing. I was stating my opinion and he just came up telling me that I had no authority to say what I did, which is complete bull $#*&!

grud315

Smash Cadet
Unfortuantely, I think it's obvious that my photobucket account seems to be exceeding bandwidth limits, and therefore, all images from the front (exceot unusally one) are not visible. PB says to wait a bit, but I'd rather not. I need another place where I can host the images for this thread.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Desruprot

Smash Lord
it does appear to be so, if anything you could try imageshack as an idea, they allow uploading for free (you just have to continually go to the same screen), no account required

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Someone should re-host these images on imageshack.us which isn't terrible like photobucket, and stops showing the images people actually look at...

grud315

Smash Cadet
I don't think everyone understands - I'm only putting the stage up once I get the artwork from teh official Dojo site. If it is not there, then I won't put it up yet. This means I'm still missing stages like Luigi's Mansion, Donkey Kong, Flat Zone 2, Electroplankton, and perhaps a few more.

Folt

Smash Ace
One melee stage from every franchise that first debuted in the original Super Smash Bros
and which had playable characters... including the "bonus" franchises.

Interesting.

Crackerz

Smash Rookie
that was pretty disapointing. all these stages have been anounced by the dojo. put in some unknown ones and then i mite care.

also, mario circuit isnt from mario kart ds. trust me.

grud315

Smash Cadet
I know. I've played every Mario Kart game. But that'll stick - I don't want to waste time fixing the images. The same thing happened with Norfiar. Consider those logos representative of the franchise.

Tristan Darkshade

Smash Cadet
I just realized this only has site-confirmed stages (unless I missed the newly-confirmed Hanenbow and unconfirmed Pirate Ship on a skim)

Interesting stuff.

Roscoewolf

Smash Cadet
erm i feel like an idiot asking this , but i've been playng brawl for a while , and i dont know how to switch what stages i want for "random" is there a way in brawl:ohwell:

Karas

Smash Cadet
This is about to make you sad. but the way you do it. is unlock ALL the stages. and get the More Option in rules. and it should Be there

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
I hope I don't sound like a hardass, but I have to say something here.
Most of these stages are banned for BS reasons.
Yeah, you can say "this is just opinion" all you want, but it doesn't change my point.

Here's a couple pieces of criticism:
-WarioWare. If you don't like the minigames, don't listen to what they say to do.
People who concentrate on fighting and following the minigame would logically be more distracted than those of you who are not following it.
Now, while I can't say I know what the punishment is for not following the minigames' directions, the only matches I've seen on the WarioWare stage ended fast enough that it doesn't look like you take extra damage or more knockback for ignoring the instructions.

-Distant Planet has obvious cues to rain, and if you use even a bit of basic logic combined with observation, you'd note that slope + water = current -> death by falling down off-screen. Also, the Bulborb periodically opens its mouth to yawn - it doesn't appear to actively attack people, and it's easily avoidable.

Then again, I'm new here. While you could ignore me on that principle alone, I'd hope you can take criticism without resorting to comparisons of join dates.
Okay you seriously need to calm down chief.

AlKrauser

Smash Cadet
warioware

I hope I don't sound like a hardass, but I have to say something here.
Most of these stages are banned for BS reasons.
Yeah, you can say "this is just opinion" all you want, but it doesn't change my point.

Here's a couple pieces of criticism:
-WarioWare. If you don't like the minigames, don't listen to what they say to do.
People who concentrate on fighting and following the minigame would logically be more distracted than those of you who are not following it.
Now, while I can't say I know what the punishment is for not following the minigames' directions, the only matches I've seen on the WarioWare stage ended fast enough that it doesn't look like you take extra damage or more knockback for ignoring the instructions.

-Distant Planet has obvious cues to rain, and if you use even a bit of basic logic combined with observation, you'd note that slope + water = current -> death by falling down off-screen. Also, the Bulborb periodically opens its mouth to yawn - it doesn't appear to actively attack people, and it's easily avoidable.

Then again, I'm new here. While you could ignore me on that principle alone, I'd hope you can take criticism without resorting to comparisons of join dates.
warioware is bad because the minigames can give you an unfair advantage like invinsibility or make your character giant

buenob

Smash Lord
i believe the _only_ reason wario ware is ban worthy is that the 'bonus' is completely random... either you get HP back, get big, or _GO INVINCIBLE_... if you both 'do' the minigame and one gets big while the other gets invincible, it's all of a sudden a severely one-sided fight for ~10 seconds

while that may not completely break the game, it doesn't follow competitive play, since it unfairly and randomly gives an advantage to one player over the other, therefore it should be banned...

Sino

Smash Journeyman
I heard there was some thread somewhere on the Brawl Stage Discussion where I can find all the best and worst stages for each char. But I can't find it, can somebody help me out

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Is this thread still useful to people? If it is, I'll put together an update for it with more competitive videos and the missing stages. If not, I'll unsticky it.

Top Bottom