• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Matchup chart.

Chuee

Smash Hero
'k my english is bad but i try to help Falcon if you can't read bad english dont read my post.

Zelda isn't bad she has true combo with his nair cancel, we can't jab beacause she can do fair, nair... her jab is disjoint, she can combo it by dash attack or dash grab. She has dtilt lock even if you have a good sdi you take 2dtilt and 1dsmash... Her bair kill Falcon very fast.
For you why Falcon is better?
No
10noooos

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I don't play Zelda on wi-fi, I play her offline. And either I just don't know how to play the matchup or it's actually pretty close.

@Killua: well, you sure are trying to make a point, hehe. No, Zelda's Bair doesn't kill Falcon very fast. Unless by "fast" you mean "130%+".

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Lol Killua is like me, he's played Jujux.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO3ZXn2DQis

Zelda really has an amazing moveset, Bair and Fair can kill at 90% (cinematic hitlag ftw) most of her moves are disjointed and have MK-like frame data (I'm not kidding, compare their F and Dsmash), and her recovery is far from bad (as long as she's over the ledge level).

Now if people don't use this moveset right I don't know, I just know that amazing things can be done with it.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I figured Jujux was the cause of this :p

Just remember, Jujux is a better player than all of you and knows the matchup (thanks Ally) better than all of you.

Zelda has like a ****ing 16 frame grab, NO viable CQ moves, and a horribly readable recovery.

Though I know she has some pretty nasty fair/bair setups and gay smash attacks I just can't see this as being anything more than 45-55 though I personally feel it's 50-50 if not Falcon's favor.

BTW: I think it was game 3 or 4, once Ally started figuring out the MU he started playing waayy better. Take note that Jujux knows Zelda better than Ally knows Falcon - and there seem to be fewer Zeldas than Falcons.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
If you ask me, that proves one thing:

The match-up is hard to learn, but easy to master. Once you understand how to beat a Zelda, you probably won't lose again. Unless johns, derp. And I need to practice a lot harder against my Zelda sparring partner, haha

PZ

Smash Lord

Zelda really has an amazing moveset, Bair and Fair can kill at 90% (cinematic hitlag ftw) most of her moves are disjointed and have MK-like frame data (I'm not kidding, compare their F and Dsmash), and her recovery is far from bad (as long as she's over the ledge level).

Now if people don't use this moveset right I don't know, I just know that amazing things can be done with it.
@1:16 thankyou ally I knew it was a combo from a long time ago but there are NONE BELIEVERS!.<3

Fuujin

Smash Champion
If you ask me, that proves one thing:

The match-up is hard to learn, but easy to master. Once you understand how to beat a Zelda, you probably won't lose again. Unless johns, derp. And I need to practice a lot harder against my Zelda sparring partner, haha
Try running away from her.
Don't play as aggressively as Ally did in the video, just wait for her to do something punishable and grab her.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Didnt expect to have a challenge in low tiers so i didnt practice falcon at all. Lesson learned though. Next time I'll play gayer and better.
Right and you also played a lot better the later matches, and I'm sure you noticed how much easier things were when you just don't approach her and she can't really do anything.

Btw I really hope you aren't doing low tiers at whobo...I shouldn't be telling you this if you are.:glare:

Edit: Also can't Falcon Knee her out of U smash as a better punish than a grab?

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Me and Mlorenzo religiously play this MU so he'd be able to give ya anything ya needed to know. However, like Jujux, most of the time I soundly defeat him. He's been doing well as of late though.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Yeah I noticed Ally wasn't playing his Falcon seriously... No Knees! Blasphemy!

I haven't seen Mlorenzo's posts in a while... Heh I dunno.

Try running away from her.
Don't play as aggressively as Ally did in the video, just wait for her to do something punishable and grab her.
Thanks, will do.

mlorenzo

Smash Journeyman
I'm here. lol Things you have to capitalize, when you fight zelda are: that she has a bad aerial speed, her recovery is one of the easiest to gimp, and her dins fire is not that useful against us, and her approach. Things to abuse in this matchup are jabs, movement, grabs, upair, bair, and uptilts.

We can sdi through zelda fsmash and upsmash; however, if the zelda is a good player they will expect the sdi and it will set them up for a grab. Getting grab by Zelda is better than getting killed by f-smash. Just make sure that you di the throw. If you di the wrong way, you will get Lighting Kick. If you get down tilt lock, try to di away and shield.

We can pressure Zelda and we can use our movement to make her whiff attacks and punish accordingly. We excel at ledge pressuring in this matchup. So always try to pressure her or gimp her. If Zelda hits you with rising fair, she has enough time to do another one and connect with it because of our size.

Watch out from Zelda setups. F tilt - upsmash, upsmash into upsmash at low percent and she has more setups. Zelda has a good defense, so at mid range where our tilts and jab won't reach is a zone we don't want to be in. Try to stay close or far away. Try to limit your aerial approaches (upsmash and uptilt are way too good against aerial approaches.) If you become predictable the Zelda player will win the match.

If you want more info just ask me. Personally I think this matchup is 50/50 or 55/45 at best.

P.S. I haven't post as much lately, because I have been playing MvC3 and work lol. If you have MvC3 for 360 send me your gamer tag ^_^

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Things to abuse in this matchup are jabs, movement, grabs, upair, bair, and uptilts.
The story of every Falcon matchup lol.

Everything else is pretty true, but while we don't have to approach her she doesn't have to approach us either.
And when a matchup opposes 2 chars without any projectiles it's the one with the worst disjoint who has to approach.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
We could always try to bait her into using a side-B from afar. I think Captain Falcon is fast enough to punish her if she misses... Then again, it's doubtful :/

Maybe with rolls lol.

Makaveli tha Don

Smash Apprentice
'k my english is bad but i try to help Falcon if you can't read bad english dont read my post.

Zelda isn't bad she has true combo with his nair cancel, we can't jab beacause she can do fair, nair... her jab is disjoint, she can combo it by dash attack or dash grab. She has dtilt lock even if you have a good sdi you take 2dtilt and 1dsmash... Her bair kill Falcon very fast.
For you why Falcon is better?
I can read "bad English. "
Compounded with your statements, it exhibits volumes about the person behind the screen.

Take into consideration everything Lordhelmet said.
I can only describe Zelda as awkward and easy to punish. Sure, she's got some killers, but then again, most chacters do have good moves up their sleeves.

We can get around something like that for once, though.
As Biglord said, it can be hard to learn, but easy to master. Once you figure it out and realize that it certainly is winnable, and notice that the road to victory is one that is very straightforward, it falls in Falcons favor.
Slightly.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I was quoted in this thread, really? *humbled*

Our gimpish fair destroys her recovery, too. I noticed it in my last smashfest.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I was quoted in this thread, really? *humbled*

Our gimpish fair destroys her recovery, too. I noticed it in my last smashfest.
This. Flub Fair > Uair, Up B, or Fair again is pretty solid against Zelda offstage.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
It's pretty solid against anyone that doesn't have more than one mid air jump tbh.

Flub Fair > Uair is really good because usually the Uair hits from a 45° angle, which is a weak zone for a lot of chars.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Even better, in a way, is a "flubbed" bair followed by Uair. If you do it correctly, the opponent can even be launched in a downward angle by the Uair, hehe.

It's also pretty good against Olimar, if you know what you're doing (which is, do it out of the blue, don't be predictable and try doing it all the time).

Top Bottom