• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new lubbock thread!

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Of course I do. Been here too long, probably, lol.

Who wants a Starcraft 2 beta key? Lol...

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
I don't charge only because the regular people who attend know who the good players are and they don't want to pay to lose so I just make it free so more people participate.
$$ tournaments are not far from my sight however. This summer I'm hoping to have more smash going on!

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Glad someone knows their old school fighting game stuff... I hope you aren't going to be like 90% that just play Ryu anyways in Super.....
Nah i always have played Ken and Guile. I know Ken is a Shoto and all that but hey at least it is not Ryu;) I will probably be playing Cody and Guy in Super:) However i will definitely test with some other characters like Dee Jay and Juri

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Been playing Alan Wake for the 360, it's pretty awesome. I recommend it. =)

...This place really died didn't it?

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
I texted you and Daniel, tomorrow @ 12pm @ my place. I have work @ 4pm is why I am making it early. I live @ University Pointe -> 2323 Glenna Goodacre build. 4 apart. 414

Yum_Cha

Smash Apprentice
I texted you and Daniel, tomorrow @ 12pm @ my place. I have work @ 4pm is why I am making it early. I live @ University Pointe -> 2323 Glenna Goodacre build. 4 apart. 414
Does their service still suck :chuckle:??

Lived there for 2 years, great location and friends there but it was expensive, the internet sucked, the staff was horrible, maintenance sucked, and the place wasn't always clean as beer cans and cigarettes where everywhere.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
@YumCha: They are under new management so staff is nice. The internet is still slow ~0.01Mbps and it's pretty clean around the pool and courts. I like it, I am living here only for the summer though moving to Trails for the fall.

@Tyson: I'm not sure yet I need to see who plays smash here at the apartments first. So far it's only Dan and I who are interested, but we're both pretty busy this summer :(

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Phase 10
MM / Friendlies Edition

June 26th, 2010 - Dallas, TX

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=277032

What's up with MMs and Friendlies?
Xyro and I have decided to try something new this summer to encourage smashers to travel to HOBO/Phase tournaments. We are aiming to make HOBO 26 and Phase 10 as big as possible with NO SIDE EVENTS; the only events will be Brawl Singles ($10) and Brawl Doubles ($10/person). What this means is there will be plenty of extra time to sit down and play friendlies or do MMs with people you don't get to play with often.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
By my logic, I am not allowed either, neither is Daniel lol..

I'll play brawl if melee does not happen

Wish this was 2 years ago, back when melee dominated and there was a lot of activity for smash. The tournaments were awesome!

I'm just not a fan of dead threads :(

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
Brawl, Melee, and 64 TOURNY THIS WEEKEND AT JASCO GAMES AT 2PM!!! OFF OF 34th STREET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T MISS OUT!!!

Any questions call Jason at 806-252-3404!!!

DONT MISS OUT WE already have 20+ confirmed, even Amarillo people are coming down! WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAA

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
I saw Felix delivering pizzas the other day.
So I heard Felix is getting hitched so he's most likely retired from smash now. It was fun having him in the scene, he brought the community together for a while mainly for melee, but it's now up to the remaining lubbock players to keep smash alive. We hardly ever post here, but facebook is where you will find us all. Lubbock and Amarillo that is..

Search the group "Lubbock Super Smash Bros"

Top Bottom