• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*** The New General Smashbros.com Thread *** (Read This First)

Snakz

Smash Ace
Well, here's to a new month, and hopefully a freakin character update *clink*

Im not expecting anything big tomorrow, but something hopefully this week.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Hmm cant say I'm proud to get this update on a Monday but oh well. At least this confirms that Brawl will have its own friend codes.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Friend List

The Wii includes a function called Wii Friends, but you will register a separate list of Smash friends.

That’s your Friend Code in the top right.

Please exchange these numbers with your friends. Write a note, do it over the phone, or send it by e-mail – just share your numbers with each other.

Then input your friend’s Friend Code.

Once you’ve both input your codes, it looks something like this.

Oh! It comes with comments.

You can enter your own icon and comments.

This is where you enter your short taunt messages.

The preparation ends there. After this, you won’t have to do it every time.

So, let’s play a game! In that case, someone has to enter someone else’s game.

The person who will host creates a room.

Everyone can see the status of people on their Friend Roster.

You can see if they’re online or hosting a match.

If you want to play together, just select that person’s name and choose OK!

Join someone who is hosting a match.

Once all participants select OK...

You can play.

Yep. Simple.

Simple is best.

By the way, the circle at the top right of your Friend Roster approximates the connection quality of your last connection. The closer it is to blue, the smoother you’ll be able to play.​

Well i had a feeling we'd be disappointed with our high hopes, so im really not too disappointed as some people might be.

I think were it not for our high hopes,this update would've been pretty well received, we never really knew how this would all work, and now we do, yippie.

Why does Nate have the game before us!?!

But this doesn't change the fact that i want my character update this week Sakurai, that blank spot in the newcomers sections is lookin pretty lonely. It's a new month, DON'T DISAPPOINT ME SAKURAI!! :mad: Kbye.

Dicuss

Nj Hudz

Smash Apprentice
wow..... cool update, like no one knew there were gonna be FRIEND CODES in brawl... shoking.

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
Everyone already new what her taunt was. But what do you care about this update? You're just happy to see something even slightly related to Peach.

Um, pardon my rudeness, butTHIS SUCKS!!!
get a life will ya.......and please don't act like a child look at the bright side
you can play with a friend with out going to his house this update is kind of cool
me like.....me like....me like......so please get over it

Legolastom

Smash Hero
get a life will ya.......and please don't act like a child look at the bright side
you can play with a friend with out going to his house this update is kind of cool
me like.....me like....me like......so please get over it
Get a life? Wow how pathetic, but I am sorry but he seems to have much more intelligence than you will ever have so there is not much point in saying that.

And um... this isnt the "Wi-Fi" update, this is the "Friend code" update.

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
Get a life? Wow how pathetic, but I am sorry but he seems to have much more intelligence than you will ever have so there is not much point in saying that.
really? me thinks your wrong.;) (and yes i know this has nothing to do with me)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Legolas, that depends on the age difference between those 2, but her sentences could be a little better composed... (dull reply, I know...)

Anyway, I have one word for this update: MEH...

Hey, is Legolas really banned? XD wonder why...
I have seen a lot of her posts I don't want to sound rude but she does sound like a 10 year old, considering she calls herself 16 I am hoping she is lying.

This update is indeed "Meh".

And yes I am banned, if you actually hung out in real parts of the forum (e.g. anywhere outside of the Dojo update place). You would know why.

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
I have seen a lot of her posts I don't want to sound rude but she does sound like a 10 year old, considering she calls herself 16 I am hoping she is lying.

This update is indeed "Meh".

And yes I am banned, if you actually hung out in real parts of the forum (e.g. anywhere outside of the Dojo update place). You would know why.
oh my you again...... all of them are in my side so get over it
and please stay in the topic

Stryks

Smash Hero
How is the update not bad?

He showed pokemon we already knew, but that are now returning in brawl, he might as well put returning trophies as an update later on...

seriously I may sound like an *******, but over a month without a good update can do that to a man...

Kraid Guy

Smash Lord
I am a minion of Ridley and live on the Space Pira
QFT. That I am, Legolastom. She can't even spell stupid. STUPIED

Yeah, I know you're new and a registered user like me, but what did I ever do to you?

oh my you again...... all of them are in my side so get over it
Um...... I'm not.:laugh:

I have never actually seen Celebi in Melee, and I hope to someday (but I doubt I will), but I know she only appears and that's it, besides getting a trophy. I hope it does something this time.

Kraid Guy

Smash Lord
I am a minion of Ridley and live on the Space Pira
I see.... well, these were posted in order.

And um... this isnt the "Wi-Fi" update, this is the "Friend code" update.
What say you now, Kirby?

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
ops sorry, i dind't see that.lol

but hey lets forget the past and be friends.i think your very cool

Snakz

Smash Ace
With all these crappy updates lately, im starting to get really pessimistic about how Brawl is gonna turn out, as in it's not gonna be that good.....sigh....

It feels like Sakurai is running out of things to update us on besides characters, which for some reason he not showing us anymore new ones or veterans.

Anyone else feel this way?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yep, I mean I dont thik brawl will suck because of crappy things he showing us, I bet hes just saving the best for last, and well were getting the very worse of the bunch right now, I can see it now, returning trophies, or returning music...

or the worse possible one: "Congratulations pics" update

Snakz

Smash Ace
Yep, I mean I dont thik brawl will suck because of crappy things he showing us, I bet hes just saving the best for last, and well were getting the very worse of the bunch right now, I can see it now, returning trophies, or returning music...

or the worse possible one: "Congratulations pics" update
Yea, i really dont have any reason to believe that Brawl will be bad at all, it's just with sooo many lame updates, Sakurai has kinda dumbed down the game, at least for me.

Im sure it'll be amazing when it's out, but for now, not so much.

Next update: "How DOJO Updates Work"

Snakz

Smash Ace
The Battle for the Smash Ball

A Smash Ball appears! The tension rises. Since it gives you an attack as powerful as the name Final Smash implies, everyone will battle to the death to get it.

There it is! Get it! Get it!

You can’t get the Smash Ball by simply touching it. You have to bash it and smash it many times until the player who breaks the Smash Ball gets it.

The Smash Ball’s endurance diminishes with each hit and with time.

How should you pursue it? Even this becomes a battle.

Yes! I got it!

Once a character gets it and begins glowing on standby, he or she just does a standard special move to unleash the Final Smash. Just press the B Button without any directional input.

It depends on the particular Final Smash, but simply pressing the button at a random time or place might not work to your advantage.

Some can be dodged fairly well...

So pick a position that your move will strike from. Or create conditions under which you will definitely hit your foes. Do all of this while glowing on standby.

Now just jump up and fire off that Final Smash!

However, if the character on standby gets hit, he or she may fumble the Smash Ball!

Even if someone has it,
all it takes is some aggressive offense...!

Do you use it as soon as you get it? Or save it for later? Do you run from an enemy who got it? Or do you chase him? You’ll need instant situational decision-making!

And then there’s an element known as the Pity Final Smash. Once a significant point advantage is reached, the losing player is given a bonus chance. When you get this, you will reappear after a KO in Final Smash standby mode.

It’s OK to give this out, isn’t it?

Now, if you don’t want to use Final Smashes whatsoever, you can restrict the appearance of this item in the Item Switch. If you just turn Smash Balls off, you’ll be set.

The game-changing Final Smash. Using it is fun. Running from it is fun, too.​

If your wondering why people like me are getting pessimistic about Brawl...here's a reason. This is so....:mad:*deep breaths*.

Point is, Sakurai is getting me very frustrated about this kinda stuff. yea it was good he told us we could turn it off, but wasn't it kinda obvious?? and NOWHERE does it say that you can turn off the Pity FS off when you have Smash Balls on, i dont know where people are getting that from.

Ugh, that's all i gotta say, and im sick of begging for a character, we're obviously not getting anymore. Perhaps our requests shall be answered Dec 15, but i wouldn't count on it.

Although i do say the music was great, but i wouldn't quite say it saved today's update.

Discuss

Snakz

Smash Ace
It's a good thing these music updates have been awesome lately, otherwise, i MIGHT actually stop checking the DOJO.

Top Bottom