• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*** The New General Smashbros.com Thread *** (Read This First)

Stryks

Smash Hero
It seems if u prevent olimar from taking out pikmin, hes pretty much ****ed, no way like peachs veggys...

and I want megaman, u dont see me complaining PP777

Also I LAUGH at who ever said at one point olimar would be too small to get in, I LAUGH!

Del Money

Smash Champion
Also I LAUGH at who ever said at one point olimar would be too small to get in, I LAUGH!
I agree...that is funny. But I still stand by Ridley being too big.
LAWLZORZ

I'm Del Money and I approve this post.

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord
It seems if u prevent olimar from taking out pikmin, hes pretty much ****ed, no way like peachs veggys...

and I want megaman, u dont see me complaining PP777

well that makes the two of us:laugh:

Snakz

Smash Ace
Snake: Final Smash

<Grenade Launcher>

Snake’s Final Smash is the Grenade Launcher.

What is he calling in...?

Suddenly he does a great jump!

Choppa-choppa-choppa!

Snake grabs the rope ladder the helicopter drops and takes out his grenade launcher!

So, the thing to do is shoot, right?

Poom! Poom! Poom!

You control the targeting reticule and press the attack button to fire grenades one at a time. There are six rounds, and when you run out...

He loads a new clip? How can that be?

It ends when you shoot 12 rounds or run out of time. Snake then climbs back up to return to battle.

Yep. He makes his exit.

It’s probably better to just shoot all your rounds rather than run out of time leaving ammo behind...but if you just shoot indiscriminately, your shots may be dodged.

When there are two or more enemies, it might be a good idea to hit one as he is being attacked by the other, or something along those lines.​

Nice FS, it's fitting, although i have to admit the name caught me off gaurd for a sec, i mean grenade launcher doesn't sound very impressive for a FS at first, not when he already has a remote rocket launcher.

Anyways this is a great FS, i wonder how powerful each shot is and how long it takes to hit the stage?

Discuss

AkA`Mr.Wigz

Smash Apprentice
his final smash seems weak to me

I dont like the idea at all....

my suggestion would be Liquid Snake attacking Snake with MG...

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
Olimar's moves are odd but interesting. His Pikmin chain recovery has a cool concept, and his pikmin pull will prolly be very speedy to prevent him from being useless like they say.

Del Money

Smash Champion
......OMFG. Someone made this exact moveset on the Pikmen thread. This proves that Sakurai acrually comes to Smashboards.... WOOT!!!!!!!
Not really. It just proves that Olimar's speculative moveset had limitations so much so that more than one person invisioned it. There under 90,000 smashboards users. I really doubt this place is THAT significant.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Kinda cool moveset, but only one is attack based, the others are meh...

I wanted olimar, but never planed to main him so whatever...

Sandy

Smash Champion
Pikmin & Olimar: Special Moves
Captain Olimar is among the most specialized characters within the cast of Smash Brothers Brawl.

In order to really unleash Olimar’s full potential, you’ve got to have a good knowledge of his helpful cohorts, the Pikmin!

<Standard Special Move: Pikmin Pluck>

Pluck, pluck, pluck up Pikmin.​
First uproot a few Pikmin from the ground. You can have up to six Pikmin at one time. As long as there is ground beneath your feet, you can reach down and pull up a Pikmin, but be aware that certain Pikmin are more likely to appear in specific types of flooring.
There are 5 types of Pikmin to use!

- Red Pikmin -
  • High attack power
  • Attacks imbued with incendiary properties
  • Immune to fire

- Yellow Pikmin -
  • Range of attack slightly larger than usual;
    easy to hit enemies with
  • Travel in slight arcs when thrown
  • Attacks imbued with electrical properties

- Blue Pikmin -
  • Strong when thrown
  • Slightly more durable than average

- Purple Pikmin -
  • Doesn’t fly far when thrown
  • Slow
  • High attack power
  • Slams into enemies instead of
    latching on when thrown

- White Pikmin -
  • Quick and light
  • When latched onto opponent,
    poison does additional damage

You can figure out which Pikmin you will attack with next by looking at the order they are lined up in.

You’ll use a Red Pikmin in your next attack.​
In order to perform a Smash Attack, certain midair attacks, and even throws, you’re going to need Pikmin!
Anyhow, just do your best to not kill off your platoon. Olimar doesn’t stand much of a chance by himself.

Pikmin don’t have graves, you know.

<Side Special Move: Pikmin Throw>
Throw Pikmin that latch on to your opponent!

They’ll cause an enemy’s damage percentage to slowly rise!

<Up Special Move: Pikmin Chain>

If you think you’re about to plunge to your doom, this right here is your best chance for survival.
The recovery distance for this technique is dependent upon the number of Pikmin currently in your troop!

Just imagine what would’ve happened
if you had had one less Pikmin!

<Down Special Move: Pikmin Order>

Call back Pikmin who have managed to separate from you. You can also use this technique to shift a new Pikmin to the front of the line.

Tweeet! Line up, everyone!​
So there you have it. I bet you’re a little confused by his eccentric play style.
But don’t fret! It’s easier than it looks. Spend some time playing around with him. That’s key.

Whoa, the battlefield sure is crowded today

Nobody posted the update. So...discuss?​

Stryks

Smash Hero
The Upb is cool, but since u need pikmin for everything, if U get comboed so hard u dont have time to use the B move, ur pretty **** ****ed...

Snakz

Smash Ace
Challenges

Trophies, stickers, music...

Super Smash Bros. Brawl certainly has its share of "rewards" for you to collect. Among them all are several for which I’ve set certain appearance conditions.

So, to help you manage these performance-based rewards, I’ve created the Challenges mode. This mode gives you hints about what you need to do to unlock these items!

This is the Challenges screen.

It’s totally empty. I’d say that if anyone saw this empty screen in-game, it would be an extremely rare occurrence.

Each one of these windows has some condition or another that will unlock it.

When you meet a set of conditions while playing through the game, that window will automatically break open.

KSSSSHHH! Then you get what’s inside!

If there’s a CD inside, you can listen to that CD on the spot.

Hmmm... Nice.

When a window breaks, you see a red silhouette of the windows on either side. When you align the cursor with these windows, you can see the conditions for breaking them open, too.

As you can see...

Use this to take on challenge after challenge so you can earn more, more, MORE prizes! It’s much easier to get excited about it when you know what you have to do.

By the way, you can use as many Golden Hammers as there are down below.

Even windows that aren’t open...

Can be broken open with a little force!

But use the hammers at your own discretion. Once used, a hammer will never return. You’ll want to save them for challenges you just can’t seem to overcome.

Oh, but you should also know that there are some windows even a trusty Golden Hammer won’t break.

And be careful of friends who might egg you on. I mean, imagine you have a hammer, some pristine glass, and a friend who just keeps telling you to break the glass...

It makes you want to break it, huh?​

Hmm, this seems like a pretty dull update, a decent update, but still dull.

I guess it a good alternative to gain CDs and Trophies for those who dont feel like playing the Coin Launcher, or those who are bored of it.

I like it, but im expecting big things this week seeing as how it's the last week of updates before the Japanese release, but maybe i should be expecting not this week, but the next week, who knows.

Oh and sorry bout last week.

Discuss

Garuda

Smash Ace
...Could this mean that characters are in this vault, too? That would mean that people who don't want spoilers but are stuck in requirements have a fair chance. Or rather, you wouldn't BE stuck.

Maybe we should take this update into further consideration.

Xanthyr

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone read the caption for the Stafy challenge condition?

"Clear Target Smash level 1 with 10 characters."

Does that mean break the targets, or am I missing something completely?

If it is break the targets, then I think it's amazing, because that means there will be multiple levels for the characters!

If not, then, well, that's somethin' different that I am sure is good.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Did anyone read the caption for the Stafy challenge condition?

"Clear Target Smash level 1 with 10 characters."

Does that mean break the targets, or am I missing something completely?

If it is break the targets, then I think it's amazing, because that means there will be multiple levels for the characters!

If not, then, well, that's somethin' different that I am sure is good.
Yea I just noticed that, hmm....

It's most likely is what we think it is, and that is different difficulty settings for Target smash, which would be awesome.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Can anyone confirm for me that the European release-date has been set to Febuary 16? I'm blocked from the DOJO right now, and I would really be happy to know if the "rumors" are true.

JoeyJoeJoeJr

Smash Rookie
About the target mode here a quote from dojo

Break the targets!

The mode is set outdoors now, giving it a refreshing visual appearance. This time, there are five different maps of varying difficulty – challenges you can take on with your favourite character.

Means 5 for each character?

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Awesome. Simply awesome. Now characters, stages, music, and maybe items can be unlocked in a whole new way. I'm sure the ones you can't bust open with a hammer are the ones with characters inside, though.
in KAR the only check block you couldn't open with a pink check(a free check) is the one that says "Clear 100 checklist items".

I'm guessing that's about how it will be in smash.

also, expect stuff like "beat under 10 minutes in BTT" or "get over 30000 FT on HRC", cause KAR had at least 2 goals for each stadium mode(there were 25), and lots of time attack goals.

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord
I bet it's stupid because it's not Peach's Castle.

stop reading my mind will ya

were sorry it aint peach related :p
anyway this update is ok, i mean this will help us get stuff without spoilers... so yeah... but expected something more IDK shocking... like a newcomer...
oh well their is nothing i can do anyway......let's hope for the best

Top Bottom