• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new characters announced in 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I know it says characters should be discussed in their respective forums, but there are no forums for these characters, so... I dunno.

You can discuss your reactions and stuff here too if you want. Or use the Social thread. Whichever you prefer.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I'm going to miss Kirby's Brawl dash, but the Melee one being brought back is cool.
Thank god Yoshi can jump out of shield.
Samus's upgrades look sick.
Yay Olimar!

Also, at the risk of being crucified by the PM board, did we really need to bring back Icee chaining? I mean, didn't they take out chain grabs on DDD and such for a reason (though admittedly, those were far easier.) And this isn't me hating on the Ice Climbers or the people who play them, but I'm curious.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
The Hype is Real
Indeed. The hype is very real.

Anyway! After seeing this new trailer, I'm about as hyped as all of you. I also had some questions, though. First off, the beam change for Samus. Does this only affect her Smash Attacks, or her Neutral-B too? Are there more beams than the standard and Ice Beam? How do the Ice Climbers work? They seem to be controlled separately. Also, as a non-character related question, is the new Distant Planet going to be replacing SSE: Jungle? I can only assume it is, but you never know.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
How do the Ice Climbers work? They seem to be controlled separately.
They could always be desynched to a certain extent. In Brawl (and Melee too? idk), they could chain grab people to death. There's a reason why they're ranked numero dos in Brawl right now.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Just popping in to say...

OMG... I can't believe they actually came through with one of my suggestions for Samus. T_T (Multiple beams)
I feel like I contributed to shape her up somehow, heheh. <3 Even if it's just between Plasma<>Ice.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Also, for Snake, when he smokes the cigarette, he should toss it afterward, causing 1% burn damage. It would be cool to see him spoil recoveries that way :)

JOE!

Smash Hero
Just popping in to say...

OMG... I can't believe they actually came through with one of my suggestions for Samus. T_T (Multiple beams)
I feel like I contributed to shape her up somehow, heheh. <3 Even if it's just between Plasma<>Ice.
Just sayin, everybody wanted this :p

Also, the IC's have been confirmed to NOT be able to Infinite. They can still CG, but not infinitely.

xFumbles

Smash Apprentice
he does toss it ^ hopefully it has knockback. withen a year, the balance issues should be fixed, we should have light sheilding and melee teathers....AND NERFED TEATHER LEDGE HOPS. PM will be better than any smash game by far then. imo it is even in 2.6b :3

xFumbles

Smash Apprentice
im sure at about 70-100%, the chain grabs stop working. they also are not 2 seperate climbers, the combos were so real it just seemed like it.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
I dont like kirby... really, is horrendous xD at least his old nair is back.

Olimar :3 just what i was expecting, amazing work.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
he does toss it ^ hopefully it has knockback. withen a year, the balance issues should be fixed, we should have light sheilding and melee teathers....AND NERFED TEATHER LEDGE HOPS. PM will be better than any smash game by far then. imo it is even in 2.6b :3
Don't smoke, kids. It damages your opponent's recovery, and you don't want that.

Good idea for a slogan...

Come to think of it, it doesn't sound as effective when I read it again.

AER0

Smash Rookie
Somebody please clarify, can samus only switch between 2 beams, or are there more. and can samus jump/wavedash out of crawl? and lastly, it seems that her crawl maybe be the fastest of the whole cast! I cant explain how mind blown i am with this update. GREAT STUFF PMBR!

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
btw on Kirby, did he keep his Side B air from Brawl? That move was sick when timed right, but it sucked in Melee.

Kally Wally

Smash Ace

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
EVERYTHING IS AMAZING

They're def leaving something out for Samus though.. they didn't show the screw attack at all.

And actually ONE thing that made me sad.. they kept the crappy Brawl version of Kirby's hammer in the air :(
I want the Melee version!

N00B64

Smash Cadet
EVERYTHING IS AMAZING

They're def leaving something out for Samus though.. they didn't show the screw attack at all.

And actually ONE thing that made me sad.. they kept the crappy Brawl version of Kirby's hammer in the air :(
I want the Melee version!
the melee version sucked though. like seriously

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Somebody please clarify, can samus only switch between 2 beams, or are there more. and can samus jump/wavedash out of crawl? and lastly, it seems that her crawl maybe be the fastest of the whole cast! I cant explain how mind blown i am with this update. GREAT STUFF PMBR!
She can only switch between Fire and Ice. Samus can jump/WD out of crawl, just like any other characters with crawls can.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
the melee version sucked though. like seriously

Really? I mean they could have used the melee version and made it better than it was (more powerful or something).. It's more accurate to what he does when he uses a hammer in Kirby games. The brawl one is just so slow!

They could always be desynched to a certain extent. In Brawl (and Melee too? idk), they could chain grab people to death. There's a reason why they're ranked numero dos in Brawl right now.

I still don't understand how the Ice Climbers work lol.. Maybe that's why I always sucked as them, I hated when they desynched! Nana would just always run off like an idiot and screw me over all the time (esp when I needed to recover!). So can someone provide a description as to how they would work? And especially how I would make sure Nana would be near me when I need to recover!

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
I still don't understand how the Ice Climbers work lol.. Maybe that's why I always sucked as them, I hated when they desynched! Nana would just always run off like an idiot and screw me over all the time (esp when I needed to recover!). So can someone provide a description as to how they would work? And especially how I would make sure Nana would be near me when I need to recover!
I would also like to know this. I never played them much in Melee because of that, so I never learned that it was useful(supposedly) until recently, so I never figured out how it worked.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Oh and also about Ice Climbers, can you decide when they desynch and when they stick together??

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
Would it be possible to change the announcer call for Mewtwo(easily, I might add)? I don't like the one they have in now.

cmart

Smash Lord
Ice climbers will work like previous smash titles, where you have to perform specific techniques and set ups to desynch them. Project M will feature desynchs pulled from both titles however.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Ice climbers will work like previous smash titles, where you have to perform specific techniques and set ups to desynch them. Project M will feature desynchs pulled from both titles however.

okay i get this, but I never understood how they worked in Melee of Brawl in the first place.. so how does desynching work, and how can you re synch them. I need details cause i dont get it at all lol. I was just always annoyed that Nana was not beside me. I would rather have them constantly 100% synched up. Now perhaps if i understood how desynching worked (and more importantly re-synching), then that would be different.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I really, really like the Ice Beam mechanic they implemented for Samus. She needed a bit more complexity and this really did the trick.

Mario, Roy, Samus, Sonic... so many characters to master.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
okay i get this, but I never understood how they worked in Melee of Brawl in the first place.. so how does desynching work, and how can you re synch them. I need details cause i dont get it at all lol. I was just always annoyed that Nana was not beside me. I would rather have them constantly 100% synched up. Now perhaps if i understood how desynching worked (and more importantly re-synching), then that would be different.

yeah me neither, i always thought that whenever they did some cool desync combo it was simply the wrath of Nana kicking in, i too would like to know the how

on another note, does anybody here think that samus is gonna be top 8 material

cuz god-****ing-damn she is looking mighty fine with two different beams

i'd also like to say thank you PMBR, you guys deserve to get invited to sakurai's house for dinner (possibly give him ideas on how to make smash 4)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Just sayin, everybody wanted this :p

Also, the IC's have been confirmed to NOT be able to Infinite. They can still CG, but not infinitely.

Even the part about using taunts to switch between them? ... :O

... Fascinating!
It just didn't look too possible since so many people shot that idea down immediately by the sheer ammount of work. XDD

But the full idea was this (one beam assigned to each taunt command), would be awesome, (but I'm more than ok with with Plasma and Ice)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I just created all the new character forums, go check them out for discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom