• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new CG thread!

A~Kid/ToonethLinkage

Wants His Own Custom Title
I'm having a bit of difficulty doing the buffered chaingrab. I try to run while he's still in the laser animation but he fails to run and it leaves me open. Can you guys help me and how do I know if I do this correctly. Some frame data would be nice. Sorry for asking so many questions but I wanna learn. Thanks. :)

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I'm having a bit of difficulty doing the buffered chaingrab. I try to run while he's still in the laser animation but he fails to run and it leaves me open. Can you guys help me and how do I know if I do this correctly. Some frame data would be nice. Sorry for asking so many questions but I wanna learn. Thanks. :)
Buffering CG is simply buffering the walk command during dthrow. That is, it makes sure you begin walking immediately walk after the dthrow. Buffering a command is the act of inputing it in a 10 frame window before it can be executed. In this case, at around the last laser of Falco's dthrow animation, you input the walk command and Falco will move forward immediately after finishing the dthrow, so you'll get a guaranteed regrab on characters you can CG.

I always try and make it a buffered CG seeing how it can't hurt to have perfect timing, and some characters can escape if you don't get the timing perfect, such as Sonic and Mario.

Next time though, you should use the Q&A thread, lol.
<s'all in the quote 10char

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
My first question in a long time

Wait, the window to buffer throws is 10 frames? Or would that apply for any move?

Sorry, I'm new around here :)

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Im A Sonic main picking up Falco as a secondary. I tried to CG an ivysaur the other day but got like bullet seeded when he was at 20%. Should I walk buffer it?

M@v

Subarashii!
Im A Sonic main picking up Falco as a secondary. I tried to CG an ivysaur the other day but got like bullet seeded when he was at 20%. Should I walk buffer it?
*cough*shugo wannabe*cough*

:p

anyway, I dont think you need to. This is a very important question; was this on wifi? I'm 99% sure you can running cg-> spike ivysaur no problem.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Lol it was wifi but a pretty good connection. I'll try it out offline today

And it was Shugo's idea to do it lol. Just so he can wreck me in falco dittos now... ugh

Didn't I play ur Falco/Fox on aib ladder this season? Rofl xD I think it was you.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Wait...you guys don't test in normal mode? You realize training mode
1) Doesn't add diminishing qualities of moves
2) Actually has less knockback than brawl mode (Idk how but brawl mode has 105% compared to all 1 player modes)

Training mode is unreliable. I mean it helps get a GENERAL picture, but not the entire thing and you can't make data off of it...

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Wait...you guys don't test in normal mode? You realize training mode
1) Doesn't add diminishing qualities of moves
2) Actually has less knockback than brawl mode (Idk how but brawl mode has 105% compared to all 1 player modes)

Training mode is unreliable. I mean it helps get a GENERAL picture, but not the entire thing and you can't make data off of it...
I knew about the first, but not about the second.

I don't even know if people test this in normal or training

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I think Falco can get 2-3 dthrows on Peach, Kirby and Lucario. Buffered walking.

Samus and Jiggs are the only characters that can truely not get CGed by falco lol

Denzi

Smash Master
I think Falco can get 2-3 dthrows on Peach, Kirby and Lucario. Buffered walking.

Samus and Jiggs are the only characters that can truely not get CGed by falco lol
I thought he got a few on Samus. I remembered an old CY vid vs one of the best Samus's and he kept getting two or three.

Oreos

Smash Apprentice
I thought he got a few on Samus. I remembered an old CY vid vs one of the best Samus's and he kept getting two or three.
you can get two (running) and a boost pivot grab. you have to do a bpg or else she goes out to far. Kirby you can get 3 running then a bpg (not sure about walking/buffered). Never played a luke. *is surprised by what i just said.

Aberu

Smash Cadet
To buffer, put on controller vibration and practice buffering your next input when the controller vibrates.

Top Bottom