• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Avatars during battle

Tanvis

Smash Cadet
Now, the avatars have been discussed throughout the boards, but I don't think there is a thread devoted to them. So thats what this is for!

Here's my take on them:
They are a tad too big and not transparent enough
They have odd abbreviations...Donkey?
Finally...has anyone seen a picture of them during a stock match, showing how much stock they have? Because I sure haven't, and Sakurai has mentioned that you can "lose a life" in the basics section...

Anywho, discuss!

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
Yes, they are a bit too big, and the abbreviations are kinda weird.

I think it was put it to keep new people, or people in general, aware of who they are (why I don't know) and what their percentage/lives are.

Kor

Smash Apprentice
They are a tad too big and not transparent enough
I honestly don't believe those pictures will be part of the game. I fully believe they are just there for demonstration purposes.
They have odd abbreviations...Donkey?
Thats his name? DK is hte abbreviation. =\
Finally...has anyone seen a picture of them during a stock match, showing how much stock they have? Because I sure haven't, and Sakurai has mentioned that you can "lose a life" in the basics section...
No, we haven't, which is partially why I believe the first part about the avatars at the bottom being for demonstration only.

Anywho, discuss!
This has to be one of the worst things you could ever put at the bottom of First Post. Its actually shuns people away, more than lures them in. Don't use it again.

Card

Smash Lord
They might be too big, but the look cool tho.
Actually... it really doesn't...

Character Portrait
Character Name
Franchise Icon
Percentage
Colored "Swoosh" (behind character name)
4 Mini-Icons for Stocks

Multiply all that by 4 (in a 4-player game) and you've got yourself a ton of useless obstructions during Gameplay. People have always complained how the Stock Icons in Melee cover the base floor in certain stages... imagine now with all the above useless things.

I don't see why they needed to add them anyways... All we needed was Franchise Icon, Percentage, and Stocks.

Maybe they'll be able to be turned off?

blayde_axel

Smash Master
And Japanese people settle for such mockery? For shame. lol.

But, yeah, the icons aren't really the best. Much likely, they are just placeholders for the classic "universe emblem and percentage" we're used to.

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
This has to be one of the worst things you could ever put at the bottom of First Post. Its actually shuns people away, more than lures them in. Don't use it again.

Rude much? Step off your high chair, and let the guy do what he wants. You can't speak for everyone about such a tini comment as "Discuss".

Anyway, while recovering from the field if at any point I become engulfed in someone's character icon I'm going to be pretty pissed. It was already a slight distraction in the Melee, but this is just wow. I'm sure we'll all get use to it though.

I'm just a little turned off at the fact that it seems to me like Sakurai made them huge to make people pay attention to them more. Come on now...

The Bino

Smash Lord
Actually... it really doesn't...

Character Portrait
Character Name
Franchise Icon
Percentage
Colored "Swoosh" (behind character name)
4 Mini-Icons for Stocks

Multiply all that by 4 (in a 4-player game) and you've got yourself a ton of useless obstructions during Gameplay. People have always complained how the Stock Icons in Melee cover the base floor in certain stages... imagine now with all the above useless things.

I don't see why they needed to add them anyways... All we needed was Franchise Icon, Percentage, and Stocks.

Maybe they'll be able to be turned off?
The main stage that this effects is Hyrule Temple due to the fact that the stage is huge and ppl tend to go downstairs to battle since they obviously can survive longer due to walls and its alot easier to tech off of something down there since you will hit at least 2 walls before you get sent out of the area, and this mainly stage really only bothers those of casual play, ppl that are into tournaments don't complain about the stock symbols interferring

Magnacor

Smash Ace
I think that the pictures of the characters were just the avatars of the players for Wi-Fi. Perhaps the same goes for "Donkey."

Kor

Smash Apprentice
Rude much? Step off your high chair, and let the guy do what he wants. You can't speak for everyone about such a tini comment as "Discuss".
Assume much?

I wasn't acting rude at all. Step off your Soap Box and let me "discuss" how I feel like discussing. You can't speak for me about such a tiny comment as, "don't say discuss."

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
Assume much?

I wasn't acting rude at all. Step off your Soap Box and let me "discuss" how I feel like discussing. You can't speak for me about such a tiny comment as, "don't say discuss."
Lol, you hypicrite.(sp?)

If you're preaching the whole "let me say what I want" thing, then look back at your original post and see what you did to the original poster. Pick a side, lol. But really, I meant no overall offense, lets just drop it.

But on topic, I think the guy that said that the lower part of levels will be affected is talking about some levels like Shadow Moses and Skyworld where there are platforms pretty high in the sky. Either way, I hope that the camera angle is put in a way that it doesn't make things hard.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
There is a topic, but Pyroloserkid named it weird.
I didn't name it weird. I gave it a cool name that made sense and it was also intriguing. It made people want to look inside to see what it was about.

And that thread has been resolved, go check it out. =]

CrenTIScO

Smash Apprentice
Anyway, about the icons and in-game avatar graphics; I don't think that they're real. I think that they are just images made for the updates as examples, and the game will have different images. It just doesn't look right.

Glitch-Mew2

Smash Journeyman
Anyway, about the icons and in-game avatar graphics; I don't think that they're real. I think that they are just images made for the updates as examples, and the game will have different images. It just doesn't look right.
my thought exactly, i highly doubt they will use those in the actual games, they know better.

Top Bottom