• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Never Ending List of Toon's AT's and Tricks / The Data Dump / Song of Brainstorms

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Ok so here's how it is. My Wii is broke, it doesn't read brawl anymore so I gotta get it fixed. This just means that for the time being, I can't test anything. Darn. But it's not all that bad cause it still reads gamecube games so I've been practising Toon Link on Win Waker XD (no, that wasn't a typo).

@ASF1nk: I'm guessing that the Bomb simply out-prioritised the missile so it went straight through it. It happens.

MJG

Smash Hero
Ok so here's how it is. My Wii is broke, it doesn't read brawl anymore so I gotta get it fixed. This just means that for the time being, I can't test anything. Darn. But it's not all that bad cause it still reads gamecube games so I've been practising Toon Link on Win Waker XD (no, that wasn't a typo).

@ASF1nk: I'm guessing that the Bomb simply out-prioritised the missile so it went straight through it. It happens.
lolwut?

I stopped playing wind waker...keep replaying my files and stopping them around the same time.

I want vids ;o. I have a feeling that this won't be useful though...

UncleSam

Smash Master
Umm iirc you don't air dodge at least the way I do it... and even if tl was air dodging the missile would go passed him not disappear.
super or homing?
cuz homing missiles have less priority then super I believe, that could be the reason.

DCStyle

Smash Apprentice
Oh. I read your post wrong. I thought you were asking why missles would miss TL, not the bomb.
That's pretty weird.

ASF1nk

Smash Apprentice
Yes they were homing missiles, idk I just thought they should of exploded on my face instead of disappearing. I don't play Samus often... lol

UncleSam

Smash Master
Yes they were homing missiles, idk I just thought they should of exploded on my face instead of disappearing. I don't play Samus often... lol
neither do I lol.

Bomb Slide Up Throw Fake Out
How to Perform: Pull out a Bomb, Run in one direction, Hit the C-stick down then Instantly use Up-smash.
Effect: Toon will Pull out a Bomb, Run in one direction, Slide slightly Forwards, Throw the Bomb Forwards during the slide then raise his arm as if he were throwing the Bomb upwards.
Note: This is the same controls as the DACUS (Dash Attack Cancelled Up-smash) the only difference is you are holding a Bomb. Imagine that you are doing the DACUS, well for this to work, you need to make sure you don't charge the Up-smash.
Stages: All
Usefulness: 1/10
any vids of this? I feel like learning it.

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
TOONS.

we have a xat page where we all can just hang out. and talk about stuff like this without waiting 5 min to see of someone writes back.
http://xat.com/wind_wakerz

spread the word because we need to get it more active. a lot of other boards have their own chat and their usually pretty successful.

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
o he means dash attack, up b cancel to edgeguard, and bair.
thats alittle to much though. how about jus dash attack to ledge grab to tether. keep it simple remix.
u dont wanna try an up b cancel in a serious match.

MJG

Smash Hero
o he means dash attack, up b cancel to edgeguard, and bair.
thats alittle to much though. how about jus dash attack to ledge grab to tether. keep it simple remix.
u dont wanna try an up b cancel in a serious match.

^This

Screwing an Up B cancel in a serious match would spell disaster >_>

I did find something interesting though that I have not seen or heard of yet :)

Hyro

Smash Lord
How about dash attack onto reverse up-b cancel into bair?
holy **** getting fancy

imagine how smooth...reverse JCT to SAFC (grabbing the ledge), drop, triple tether cancel while keeping your double jump, dj, bair, to kizzu combo

uuuuuuummmmhhhh i jizzed

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Wow. I'd say, try pulling that off in a real match, but that's probably what the opponent would do in a real match XD. Just stand there and be like 0_o !?wtf is going on?!
I'll add that vid later on.

KunaiX

Smash Cadet
New Hardcore STUFF for TOON LINK?

Not sure if someone was thinking about it, but this technique is used from noone because its hard to timing but it could be very effectiv.

I develop Kamikaze and the most of them did that too, but how is that:

PowerShield your OWN BOMB! =?

You have frame advantages, your opponent have shieldstun unless he doesnt perfect shield too.

??? What do you think about that?
Its hard to perform, but you have after this a free hit, or grab, if your opponent is shielding it.

Didnt found it on Holding a Bomb Tech, so i wanted to say that.

.REMIX.

Smash Apprentice
wth are u talkn about remix?
For example, you see snake planting a mine so you go and dash attack. It knocks him down a little so you follow up with a reverse up-b cancel so you dont take the time to pivot that may have you end up grabbing the ledge. after performing reverse up-b cancel you bair so you hit him further away from the ledge so you can start edge guarding

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
New Hardcore STUFF for TOON LINK?

Not sure if someone was thinking about it, but this technique is used from noone because its hard to timing but it could be very effectiv.

I develop Kamikaze and the most of them did that too, but how is that:

PowerShield your OWN BOMB! =?

You have frame advantages, your opponent have shieldstun unless he doesnt perfect shield too.

??? What do you think about that?
Its hard to perform, but you have after this a free hit, or grab, if your opponent is shielding it.

Didnt found it on Holding a Bomb Tech, so i wanted to say that.
Don't you think that some things just don't need to be said? You know. You can figure this stuff out for yourself kinda stuff. Powershielding your own bombs is not new and is not the kind of thing that belongs in this thread. That's like, Brawl 1.01.
I'm not about to argue this point, so just take my word for it.

Edit: Added that vid. I told you I'd get around to it.

Slicer

Smash Cadet
I don't exactly know in what category this goes,maybe in the Combos section or something:
I think that JC Bomb Throw > SHFair is a pretty good "Combo" to get the KO,I always try to finish off the opponent by doing that.

I checked the first post and didn't find this,but if it was posted already, then sorry.

ASF1nk

Smash Apprentice
I don't exactly know in what category this goes,maybe in the Combos section or something:
I think that JC Bomb Throw > SHFair is a pretty good "Combo" to get the KO,I always try to finish off the opponent by doing that.

I checked the first post and didn't find this,but if it was posted already, then sorry.
Sounds like the running BFO in the bomb section...look for it.

ASF1nk

Smash Apprentice
that's why...when you space it wrong you'll hit the opponent with the bomb and f-air him if you were trying to re-catch it with f-air, I said it a few pages back, for me it all comes with the package.

Hyro

Smash Lord
umm my shot broke again.

^^^but it was a good one this time cuz it got lonnger :)

it's because the tl daired when i pivot grabbed

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Sooooo, I was playing that noob gness and as through a bomb a him, I caught it again, then did an instant throw.

Best TL or best TL? : 3

And my hookshot never breaks =[ but it does get longer. I might have just never noticed

Top Bottom