• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nana-Rocket

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I found this out the other day while playing and friendlies and practiced it a bit, and thought it was a neat little trick. Having never heard about it or seen it in my time on the boards, I figured it deserved a mention. If you found it before and never posted... sorry, it's mine now. And if I somehow missed its mention before and there was a whole to do about it and I'm just a dummy, then I guess this thread can be locked.

Anyhow, on to the main attraction. The execution is simple; get next to the edge and wavedash off it, and while you're in the slide hold up. Then, as you slide off the level, right as you start falling, hit b and perform a belay. You should up+b cancel right against the edge sending Nana shooting into the sky; invincible, of course. And you will be invincible too, having just grabbed the edge.

This is similar to the up+b cancel, but it's a much faster way to do it, and from on the stage. Practical applications: no idea. I think if you were on the edge of the level and being pushed back, particularly against a jerk like Fox, you might consider Rocketing Nana as a distraction/defense. Her invincibility could screw up a full jumped offensive, and it could make him try and go for her instead of you. You can then use your ledge invincibility to wavedash onto the level and make it back to the center where you're under less pressure.

You can't do this on any level that slopes down towards the edge, like Yoshi's Story; I tried, and instead of throwing Nana into the sky, you just grab the edge and she teleports beneath you, without a double jump. She then dies in an embarrassing fashion. This is also a risk you take if you do the belay too late; you will grab the ledge and she will teleport off.

I think this would be an awesome way to edgeguard a Peach or something, but that's probably wishful thinking. Altogether, it's a neat little trick and fun to explore and mess around with. If you can find a use for it, kudos. That is all.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
What I really want is a way to Up+B out of a grab against floaties. I think it can be done with P-grab to N-grab but I haven't practiced it much yet. ^_^

Also, I'd like to point out that I've seen tons of people run right into the Up+B. Surprising amounts of people don't realize that Nana becomes the ultimate hitbox. Not to mention nobody would EVER see this coming.

Drecker

Smash Ace
Surprising amounts of people don't realize that Nana becomes the ultimate hitbox. Not to mention nobody would EVER see this coming.
Screw Nanapult, time for Nanamissle.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Delphiki; a lot of the times it's just because most people don't know how long Nana is invincible for :D

Me: **up+b's and goes across the stage** **Nana lands near the edge, next to Taj**
Taj: **forward-smashes Nana while she's still invincible.**
Taj: "Oh **** you *****!"
Nana: **jab jab**

Delphiki

Smash Champion
She's invincible even after she lands? Wow. Too bad she's not a hitbox still, lol. Nana is the best.

FYI: the reason she disappears after you DI....we all know that Nana gets better as Popo's damage goes up..LOGICALLY....when Popo dies, Nana becomes the ultimate killing machine. The designers saw this and removed her awesomeness by making her disappear.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Actually, it's just that people are eager to punish Popo as well as Nana, so they don't take their time and hit her while she's still in the air. She's not invincible for quite a bit of the animation really, it's just people get impatient.

I typed out the amusing scenario above quite poorly, actually.

BladeDemon

Smash Cadet
wow thats a good find and it could also distract the opponent a little to as an added bonus

Binx

Smash Master
i always do this to distract peaches and i thought that this was old,but anyway nice name for it wobbles
Sure you do... Wobbles broke the code in the game coming up with this youve never even seen this done on accident in 6 years of playing nothing but IC dittos with 15 people. LOL no thats cool though, hows your distraction work?

PS: Nana is hereby a scud missile

Negative Zero

Smash Apprentice
I've done it by complete accident while coming back to the stage, but to do it intentionally, and while already on the stage, is awesome and I believe I'm going to go try that now. As always, hail Wobbles.

So if Chu Dat's our Isai, is Wobbles our g-reg?

PB&J

Smash Hero
Sure you do... Wobbles broke the code in the game coming up with this youve never even seen this done on accident in 6 years of playing nothing but IC dittos with 15 people. LOL no thats cool though, hows your distraction work?

PS: Nana is hereby a scud missile
i was doing two months ago but didn't want to put it on a thread because i thought it was a common thing

Top Bottom