• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the music thread

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
you mess with Mozart and you're going to get bullet in your head, courtesy of Butch Cassidy
i was watching this episode and that scene came up as i read this post and it freaked me out

Lovage

Smash Hero
*** i just started listening to andy mckee
so good

but mckee and thommy emmanuel are all i know in instrumental music

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
A lot of the music I listen to is instrumental, but I don't really distinguish it from music with vocals. I don't think drawing distinctions based on instrumentation alone is a good way of categorizing music.

keeper

Smash Champion
The majority of my music has no words, but it's also too heavily electronic to be considered instrumental by most people. Spent earlier today listening to Last Step.

TravisT

Smash Apprentice
I agree that categorizing music based solely on instrumentation is normally not a great idea, but I am a huge fan specifically of the acoustic guitar. Obviously, there are many different styles that it can be played in (just listen to the difference between Bron-Yr-Aur, and, say, Jitterboogie). It may be a shallow way to look at music, but I just feel like I can appreciate music based on acoustic guitar better than I can anything else. I've heard that people who play guitar are heavily biased towards their own instrument, so that may have something to do with it.

Lovage: Yeah, Mckee is amazing, I quit classical guitar because of him. There's a bunch of other good ones too, like Antoine Dufour, Don Ross, Craig D'Andrea, basically anyone in the candyrat label's youtube account, rpoland. Michael Hedges is good too.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
lol i heard that LB song like three years ago

i never heard anything else by them, but my friend told me their album is actually pretty good

all i know is that LB song is amazing

and it's LITTLE BROTHER noob

DJMirror

Smash Master
Hey P and Homemadewaffle,

do you guys know any good hip hop or rap artists? I want to try something new cuz i always listen to rock/jrock/trance. =/

thanks

Top Bottom