• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The most imaginative name ever -- Protagonist!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jigglover

Smash Lord

Protagonist was the main playable character from the ever-so retro series "Famicon Detective Club", however he is often considered a classic Nintendo character alongside the likes of Sukapon, Takamaru, Mach Rider and Devil. Sakurai is well aware of the series, as Ayumi Tachibana, a character from this franchise, is a trophy in Melee. She is not playable in the Famicon Detective Club series, however, which is why I made this thread about Protagonist, and not her.

So, why should Protagonist be allowed into smash? Well, he fits the bill of a retro new-series representative along with the likes of Takamaru and Muddy Mole, 2 very requested characters, and he could be a unique fighter if Sakurai really tries. We've never just had a human in Super Smash Bros. - the closest we've got has been the FE cast, but they just don't seem normal. Protagonist is a normal detective to go along with his normal name, but has several things to use in his repertoire... such as a flashlight, or a classic point and click type Final Smash.

I need to do some more research before I can put a realistically decent moveset together. If this thread doesn't quite meet standards, please let me know, as standards have changes since I was here however many years ago! >_>

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You may want to stop by @ Marakatu Marakatu Famico Tantei Club topic for more information since he made a topic for the entire franchise.

jigglover

Smash Lord
You may want to stop by @ Marakatu Marakatu Famico Tantei Club topic for more information since he made a topic for the entire franchise.
Oh, I just looked in the Character Lists for this particular person, I didn't think there would be a series discussion before a singular character. Oh well, this thread brings the character farther back to the light of smashboards here! ^_^

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Marakatu

Smash Ace
Everybody who supports Famicom Tantei Club characters is a bro.
By the way, I once saw the protagonist's name written as "高田直哉" (Takada Naoya) and as "遠山直哉" (Toyama Naoya). Since I can't verify those informations, I just keep calling him "the detective".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom