• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The most hated SSB4 Character...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I fail to see what criteria exists for a character appearance besides being on a Nintendo console. Unless you go in-depth, like what Pokemon character is playable over another, but that's different.

Pac-Man has games on the Nintendo consoles. So yes- he's possible. Does he "belong" in SSB4? No, because he's third party, so he's automatically a guest, no matter what. And I've never heard of a guest belonging in someone else's house, per say.
actually, there IS criteria for appearing in Smash, believe it or not.
They need a moveset.
they have to be popular enough.
the need a good long history with Nintendo. in case you haven't noticed, Mega Man is basically a 3D rendition of his NES look. Sakurai himself has stated that "Maintaining his NES look was a top priority. I'm not gonna let just anyone into Smash" and yes that's a direct quote, look through all the offical Smash videos to find it if you don't believe me.
they also have to originate from games. this is why the real Goku will never get in to smash, no matter how much people effing request him like Smash 4 would be ruined without him. quite honestly? Mega Man fits in to Smash. I honestly see what Sakurai is going for: the character has to be unique in order to be in. JUST because a mannequin got in doesn't mean just ANYONE else can.

did Pac-Man start out on the NES? has Pac-Man gotten a game (spinnoff, main series or otherwise) on just about EVERY Nintendo console since? (no seriously, legit question, has he?)
I must also again bring up that he needed a MECH in Street Fighter X Tekken in order to fight. at least Bad Box Art MEGA MAN seemed to play similar to a real Mega Man. (I've only seen videos, but that's honestly enough for me. plus I'd be wasting my money on something like that game because I hate fighting games with complex controls. SMASH FOREVER!)

If Pac-Man got in, I'd rage. not only because I personnaly (I like that word there. take note) dislike Pac-Man (and get a serious murder vibe from him in Street Fighter x Tekken), but also because he would use up a character slot that I would rather see taken by someone like Bandana Waddle Dee, who actually deserves it.

take note of every time I say personnaly, because that's when I'm expressing my opinion freely. don't take what I say as bias, take it as opinion, because that's my personal preference.

for the record, this is directed at the general public, not just you personally.

Last edited:

negativeX

Smash Apprentice
I dislike his inclusion simply because I never found him that popular of a character. Everyone I know prefers first and second gen over the newer ones and he only seemed to come into the game to advertise the new series the first time. Now he only seems to have made in it because he was in previously and because it still advertises the new games x and y.
While he may have not actively replaced Mewtwo they chose to work on him instead of Mewtwo in brawl and I think Mewtwo was far more interesting play style wise and is more popular (at least from my experience when talking to people and from trying to find the best online most popular top x pokemon survey thing). Personally (this is the way it is spelled btw) he'll always be that boring pokemon that replaced Mewtwo in my mind.
Of course, if I like his play style enough, I'm not above maiming him. I did main lucario in project m for awhile it's just I hate his play style in brawl and their likely to keep it similar.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I dislike his inclusion simply because I never found him that popular of a character. Everyone I know prefers first and second gen over the newer ones and he only seemed to come into the game to advertise the new series the first time. Now he only seems to have made in it because he was in previously and because it still advertises the new games x and y.
While he may have not actively replaced Mewtwo they chose to work on him instead of Mewtwo in brawl and I think Mewtwo was far more interesting play style wise and is more popular (at least from my experience when talking to people and from trying to find the best online most popular top x pokemon survey thing). Personally (this is the way it is spelled btw) he'll always be that boring pokemon that replaced Mewtwo in my mind.
Of course, if I like his play style enough, I'm not above maiming him. I did main lucario in project m for awhile it's just I hate his play style in brawl and their likely to keep it similar.
He didn't replace Mewtwo. I can't say it enough, LUCARIO DID NOT REPLACE MEWTWO. THE ONLY REPLACEMENT WAS ROY TO IKE. besides that fact, Lucario has a more interesting back story and a slightly more interesting movie (In my opinion). seriously don't call Lucario boring in front of ME.

Sakurai has stated they WILL be CHANGING UP the older character's movesets a little bit. Lucario's already gotten an interesting buff: almost all his moves will actually be noticeably stronger with his damage. Extreme Speed flies further with Aura Buff kicking in, and there's undoubtly more changes to happen as well. and quite honestly Lucario has NOTHING to do with Mewtwo in the first place.

and don't tell me any bullcrap. period. I know the facts myself. Lucario isn't in just to play poster boy. Lucario is in because he's just a generally awesome Pokemon. and YES, THIS IS MY FREAKING OPINION SO YOU DON'T NEED TO POINT OUT MY OBVIOUS BIAS BEING BIAS. Lucario in Smash is based off his movie counterpart, hence the Aura thing and being able to speak. honestly what they should do is hire Lucario's movie VA and have him do some wining quotes that don't have anything to do with aura. I think that's the main problem with Lucario: his Aura. it's his theme, but it sometimes feels a little like it's being shoved in one's face at times. quite honestly, all in all, Lucario is just there. be freaking happy we aren't getting a worse choice like effing Raichu or something instead. Mewtwo still has high chances of getting in.

Mewtwo can still get in.
Mewtwo can still get in.
MEEEEWWWWWWTWWWOOOO CAAAN STIIILLL GET IIIIINNNNNN.
(^Directed at general public, not anyone in particular.)

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
The most hated SSB4 character is Lucario?

I wouldn't say hated, but when he was introduced in Brawl I'll admit I questioned why Lucario over any other Pokemon.

Bare in mind at this point Lucario wasn't exactly the Pokemon giant he is these days(X and Y gave him a Mega backstory and he was used heavily for BW2's promotion as well as obviously Diamond and Pearl).

My problem with a lot of the ideas for newcomer Pokemon are the majority are flash in the pan characters who lose importance over time. Naturally, there's 700+ of the little monsters. With so many in circulation of course only a few are going to remain important to the franchise. Luckily Lucario is one of the few that appears to have retained his importance and popularity as time has gone on(with Pikachu, Charizard and Mewtwo being the other big names to do so) something Pichu and to a lesser extent Jigglypuff I feel have failed to do.

As for whether Pac-Man fit's or not; He's a giant colourful cheerful sphere with a mouth and limbs who eats his enemies. Unless Kirby suddenly doesn't fit, I'd say he fits in fine.

Here's a list of stuff Pac-Man's done for Nintendo:
  • Popularized video game mascots. Pac-Mania was huge in the 80s.
  • Brought forth video games to the mainstream.
  • Introduced the first cutscenes in video games on the arcades.
  • Is Miyamoto's favourite video game character. Stated repeatedly he prefers Pac to Mario.
  • Has inspired one of Miyamoto's earliest games in Devil World.
  • Appeared in crossovers with Mario and friends in Mario Kart GP
  • Is the most legendary video game character ever(except for possibly Mario). Everyone knows Pac-Man whether they have played his game or not.
  • Has had exclusive games on Nintendo, even if he started off in the Arcades.
  • Namco are aiding with production of SSB4.
Pac-Man isn't just ANYONE, and to think otherwise is idiotic. He's the guy who inspired the majority of modern day mascots.

Now compare that list to what Snake did to get in:
  • His creator is friends with Sakurai.
  • Occasionally had remakes on Nintendo consoles.
If I missed any points on Snake, tell me and I'll edit accordingly.

Remember this is just MY OPINION, but Pac-Man deserves a spot far more than any other 3rd party available just by listin his achievements. And I'd say more than Snake too.

Back on topic though I think it's obvious Mii or Pac-Man will get a lot more stick than Lucario did should they be in. The amount of hate the grandfather of video games gets is fairly ****ing stupid, and Mii's are just something we know deep in our minds we cannot avoid forever. They're a big part of Nintendo today, even if I don't want them.

He didn't replace Mewtwo. I can't say it enough, LUCARIO DID NOT REPLACE MEWTWO. THE ONLY REPLACEMENT WAS ROY TO IKE.
Roy wasn't replaced by Ike though. Nor was Mewtwo replaced by Lucario. Both Roy AND Mewtwo are within the Brawl Data files alongside the following:

• Dr. Mario
  • Dixie Kong
  • Toon Zelda
  • Toon Sheik(might of been Tetra, but the file reads Sheik)
  • Pra_Mai which some think is Plusle and Minun but evidence points otherwise.

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
The most hated SSB4 character is Lucario?

I wouldn't say hated, but when he was introduced in Brawl I'll admit I questioned why Lucario over any other Pokemon.

Bare in mind at this point Lucario wasn't exactly the Pokemon giant he is these days(X and Y gave him a Mega backstory and he was used heavily for BW2's promotion as well as obviously Diamond and Pearl).

My problem with a lot of the ideas for newcomer Pokemon are the majority are flash in the pan characters who lose importance over time. Naturally, there's 700+ of the little monsters. With so many in circulation of course only a few are going to remain important to the franchise. Luckily Lucario is one of the few that appears to have retained his importance and popularity as time has gone on(with Pikachu, Charizard and Mewtwo being the other big names to do so) something Pichu and to a lesser extent Jigglypuff I feel have failed to do.

As for whether Pac-Man fit's or not; He's a giant colourful cheerful sphere with a mouth and limbs who eats his enemies. Unless Kirby suddenly doesn't fit, I'd say he fits in fine.

Here's a list of stuff Pac-Man's done for Nintendo:
  • Popularized video game mascots. Pac-Mania was huge in the 80s.
  • Brought forth video games to the mainstream.
  • Introduced the first cutscenes in video games on the arcades.
  • Is Miyamoto's favourite video game character. Stated repeatedly he prefers Pac to Mario.
  • Has inspired one of Miyamoto's earliest games in Devil World.
  • Appeared in crossovers with Mario and friends in Mario Kart GP
  • Is the most legendary video game character ever(except for possibly Mario). Everyone knows Pac-Man whether they have played his game or not.
  • Has had exclusive games on Nintendo, even if he started off in the Arcades.
  • Namco are aiding with production of SSB4.
Pac-Man isn't just ANYONE, and to think otherwise is idiotic. He's the guy who inspired the majority of modern day mascots.

Now compare that list to what Snake did to get in:
  • His creator is friends with Sakurai.
  • Occasionally had remakes on Nintendo consoles.
If I missed any points on Snake, tell me and I'll edit accordingly.

Remember this is just MY OPINION, but Pac-Man deserves a spot far more than any other 3rd party available just by listin his achievements. And I'd say more than Snake too.

Back on topic though I think it's obvious Mii or Pac-Man will get a lot more stick than Lucario did should they be in. The amount of hate the grandfather of video games gets is fairly ****ing stupid, and Mii's are just something we know deep in our minds we cannot avoid forever. They're a big part of Nintendo today, even if I don't want them.

Roy wasn't replaced by Ike though. Nor was Mewtwo replaced by Lucario. Both Roy AND Mewtwo are within the Brawl Data files alongside the following:

• Dr. Mario
  • Dixie Kong
  • Toon Zelda
  • Toon Sheik(might of been Tetra, but the file reads Sheik)
  • Pra_Mai which some think is Plusle and Minun but evidence points otherwise.
I still won't accept Pac-Man. quite honestly I don't really care who he is, you cannot tell me he has a 100% viable moveset. I will never take another video game hero over Mario himself. ever. and last I checked, the only one hating on Pac-Man right now is me. (Yes, I admit things. I don't like Pac-Man. seriously his smile is ****ing creepy. not even Kirby smiles that much. seriously) and I'm not even really hating on the circle himself, I'm more so hating the fact that everyone wants him in Smash. even if he deserves a spot like any Nintendo character, I'd still rather see somebody else. I don't honestly feel Pac-Man deserves a spot in smash bros, and it's mostly because I don't see any moveset potential for the guy.

I openly admit it, this is all my opinion, but I just don't think Pac-Man out to be in Smash when a character like Bandana Dee who has a kind of obvious moveset would be better. I honestly prefer Lucario the most out of the Pokemon in Brawl, mostly because he fits my style perfectly. he's not slow, he can actually DODGE, and he has a GREAT air game. thing is, I don't actually have a main in Smash.
yes, that's right. a fighting game player who doesn't have a main. it's a crime against life. I like most Nintendo characters equally and I can easily learn just about anyone in Smash. my personal preferences are mostly speed, mobility, and air game. Pichu and Yoshi fit that bill perfectly being the fastest characters in Melee (Pichu is straight up faster than Falcon, and Yoshi moves even faster with Egg Roll. seriously go to Adventure Mode, and compare the three's speeds with Falcon and Pichu running and Yoshi using Egg Roll except for jumps and stuff so you don't accidentally die). therefore, I defend them both. I also defend the other characters in Smash besides Ganon.

and I don't think a murderous smile is exactly one's idea of "Cheerful", just sayin'......

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I still won't accept Pac-Man. quite honestly I don't really care who he is, you cannot tell me he has a 100% viable moveset. I will never take another video game hero over Mario himself. ever. and last I checked, the only one hating on Pac-Man right now is me. (Yes, I admit things. I don't like Pac-Man. seriously his smile is ****ing creepy. not even Kirby smiles that much. seriously) and I'm not even really hating on the circle himself, I'm more so hating the fact that everyone wants him in Smash. even if he deserves a spot like any Nintendo character, I'd still rather see somebody else. I don't honestly feel Pac-Man deserves a spot in smash bros, and it's mostly because I don't see any moveset potential for the guy.

I openly admit it, this is all my opinion, but I just don't think Pac-Man out to be in Smash when a character like Bandana Dee who has a kind of obvious moveset would be better. I honestly prefer Lucario the most out of the Pokemon in Brawl, mostly because he fits my style perfectly. he's not slow, he can actually DODGE, and he has a GREAT air game. thing is, I don't actually have a main in Smash.
yes, that's right. a fighting game player who doesn't have a main. it's a crime against life. I like most Nintendo characters equally and I can easily learn just about anyone in Smash. my personal preferences are mostly speed, mobility, and air game. Pichu and Yoshi fit that bill perfectly being the fastest characters in Melee (Pichu is straight up faster than Falcon, and Yoshi moves even faster with Egg Roll. seriously go to Adventure Mode, and compare the three's speeds with Falcon and Pichu running and Yoshi using Egg Roll except for jumps and stuff so you don't accidentally die). therefore, I defend them both. I also defend the other characters in Smash besides Ganon.

and I don't think a murderous smile is exactly one's idea of "Cheerful", just sayin'......
You're awfully defensive aren't you?

Relax. I don't care who you want, if you have a main or not and nor do I want to try to change your opinion. That is your opinion and you are obviously entitled to it. What I am doing is just handing out some facts because it gets on my last nerve when people call Pac-Man a nobody.
If he was, that'd be fine, but he's not. He's one of the most legendary video game characters of all time, and this is indisputable fact. Ask the average man on the street who they know more of Pac-Man or say...I dunno, Megaman(just an example) and chances are Pac-Man will be the one ringing more bells.

The other fact I was making is the disappointing reaction to Lucario's return is for sure going to be small potatoes compared to Mii and Pac-Man, as both have sizeable and loud hatebases.

The Miiverse will ***** about nearly anything though that isn't freaking Goku or Shadow the Hedgehog, both of whom are not going to be receiving playable status this game with Shadow most likely remaining an AT and Goku only being Lucario's voice. If anything you'd think Miiverse would be happier about Lucario's reveal.

If Mewtwo and Lucario both appears it's very much a Goku Vs. Frieza showdown which is frankly better than those whining beggars deserve.

negativeX

Smash Apprentice
While he may have not actively replaced Mewtwo they chose to work on him instead of Mewtwo in brawl
He didn't replace Mewtwo. I can't say it enough, LUCARIO DID NOT REPLACE MEWTWO. THE ONLY REPLACEMENT WAS ROY TO IKE.

besides that fact, Lucario has a more interesting back story and a slightly more interesting movie (In my opinion). seriously don't call Lucario boring in front of ME.
I'm done! I'm done! Helix help us all I am out of here!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Neither Roy nor Mewtwo were replaced. They were planned on being in Brawl as well but they ran out of time. Young Link was the only character that was replaced.

Maikou

Smash Ace
You're awfully defensive aren't you?

Relax. I don't care who you want, if you have a main or not and nor do I want to try to change your opinion. That is your opinion and you are obviously entitled to it. What I am doing is just handing out some facts because it gets on my last nerve when people call Pac-Man a nobody.
If he was, that'd be fine, but he's not. He's one of the most legendary video game characters of all time, and this is indisputable fact. Ask the average man on the street who they know more of Pac-Man or say...I dunno, Megaman(just an example) and chances are Pac-Man will be the one ringing more bells.

The other fact I was making is the disappointing reaction to Lucario's return is for sure going to be small potatoes compared to Mii and Pac-Man, as both have sizeable and loud hatebases.

The Miiverse will ***** about nearly anything though that isn't freaking Goku or Shadow the Hedgehog, both of whom are not going to be receiving playable status this game with Shadow most likely remaining an AT and Goku only being Lucario's voice. If anything you'd think Miiverse would be happier about Lucario's reveal.

If Mewtwo and Lucario both appears it's very much a Goku Vs. Frieza showdown which is frankly better than those whining beggars deserve.
I agree completely. and yes, I am very defensive. In fact, defense is one of my favorite strategies ever. when it works. I'm honestly disapointed in most people these days who can't just shut up about one freaking character. honestly if they want Goku in Smash they can play Super Smash Flash 2 or Super Smash Bros. Crusade (fan games). I don't get why people hate so much on certain characters. thing is, I don't think the Pac-Man hatebase is nearly as big as the Pac-Man lovebase. on just about everything Smash 4 related I see, somebody's screaming Pac-man's name like it's the end of the freaking world. that's the main reason I'm tired of certain character requests: they are so popular and half-the-time not even making sense.

quite frankly, I'm also sick of people who say, for example, Bandana Waddle Dee shouldn't be in Smash for the stupid and lazy-*** reason of "Waddle des a generic enemy what's next a gooma." (and yes, that's seriously accurate) it's so stupid! one idiot even said that waddle dee would be the worst smash charcter ever! UGH!
at least Bandana Dee actually fits and has a chance of getting in with a moveset, unlike, say, FREAKING GOKU AND SHADOW?
I'm done! I'm done! Helix help us all I am out of here!
seriously? I said it's my opinion. OPINION. did you miss that part? And who the heck's Helix?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I agree completely. and yes, I am very defensive. In fact, defense is one of my favorite strategies ever. when it works. I'm honestly disapointed in most people these days who can't just shut up about one freaking character. honestly if they want Goku in Smash they can play Super Smash Flash 2 or Super Smash Bros. Crusade (fan games). I don't get why people hate so much on certain characters. thing is, I don't think the Pac-Man hatebase is nearly as big as the Pac-Man lovebase. on just about everything Smash 4 related I see, somebody's screaming Pac-man's name like it's the end of the freaking world. that's the main reason I'm tired of certain character requests: they are so popular and half-the-time not even making sense.

quite frankly, I'm also sick of people who say, for example, Bandana Waddle Dee shouldn't be in Smash for the stupid and lazy-*** reason of "Waddle des a generic enemy what's next a gooma." (and yes, that's seriously accurate) it's so stupid! one idiot even said that waddle dee would be the worst smash charcter ever! UGH!
at least Bandana Dee actually fits and has a chance of getting in with a moveset, unlike, say, FREAKING GOKU AND SHADOW?

seriously? I said it's my opinion. OPINION. did you miss that part? And who the heck's Helix?
Helix Fossil. It's a reference to Twitch Plays Pokemon.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I agree completely. and yes, I am very defensive. In fact, defense is one of my favorite strategies ever. when it works. I'm honestly disapointed in most people these days who can't just shut up about one freaking character. honestly if they want Goku in Smash they can play Super Smash Flash 2 or Super Smash Bros. Crusade (fan games). I don't get why people hate so much on certain characters.
You needn't get defensive here. We don't lynch people for opinions. Usually. Unless it's secondary Sonic character barrage or Goku. Or Shrek. In fact a more relaxed conversation will probably cause less strife in this particular community, as if people see you get irritable they will then go out their way to annoy you. I've seen it happen all too often, and it's not something I'd recommend for any newcomer(welcome to the boards btw and I mean that genuinely).

Regarding SSB fan games; my most wanted character is obviously Toad(if you couldn't tell from the username and avatar). Now obviously he's been deconfirmed for SSB4, but he is available to play in Crusade. It's a small comfort, but obviously not as good as getting my most wanted newcomer into the actual game. Eventually though, like me these Goku fans will have to move on to these to get their fix or settle for Lucario who is basically Pokemon's Goku.

thing is, I don't think the Pac-Man hatebase is nearly as big as the Pac-Man lovebase. on just about everything Smash 4 related I see, somebody's screaming Pac-man's name like it's the end of the freaking world. that's the main reason I'm tired of certain character requests: they are so popular and half-the-time not even making sense.
I think you'll get quite the surprise here. Whilst every character to some extent gets a fandom(Stork from Yoshi's Island gets it) I'd say the majority are more against Pac-Man than for him.
Here(from my observations as a fan of both characters) Bandana Dee is pretty liked, but seen as a darkhorse candidate, and Pac-Man is seen as likely but not that well liked.

As a Toad supporter(hey, a deconfirmation for SSB4 doesn't stop me supporting him for the future Smashes) I can sympathize with people using the generic clause. It's not really officially a thing, and I can easily see this becoming the new "Too Bigot" thing.

Helix is from Twitch Plays Pokemon; the latest internet craze.

But yes, back on topic: THIS was posted in the Official Roster prediction showing even the most popular choices in some places don't go down well in others. Little Mac is not exactly big in Japan, and unlike Lucario his dislike doesn't even have anything to do with false claims he keeps a more important character of his series out.

R.O.B. and Ike should be interesting reveals. R.O.B. still has quite the hatebase from what I've seen and Ike may be seen elsewhere as an endangerment to an Awakening rep.

How did Miiverse take Toon Link coming back out of interest?

Maikou

Smash Ace
You needn't get defensive here. We don't lynch people for opinions. Usually. Unless it's secondary Sonic character barrage or Goku. Or Shrek. In fact a more relaxed conversation will probably cause less strife in this particular community, as if people see you get irritable they will then go out their way to annoy you. I've seen it happen all too often, and it's not something I'd recommend for any newcomer(welcome to the boards btw and I mean that genuinely).

Regarding SSB fan games; my most wanted character is obviously Toad(if you couldn't tell from the username and avatar). Now obviously he's been deconfirmed for SSB4, but he is available to play in Crusade. It's a small comfort, but obviously not as good as getting my most wanted newcomer into the actual game. Eventually though, like me these Goku fans will have to move on to these to get their fix or settle for Lucario who is basically Pokemon's Goku.

I think you'll get quite the surprise here. Whilst every character to some extent gets a fandom(Stork from Yoshi's Island gets it) I'd say the majority are more against Pac-Man than for him.
Here(from my observations as a fan of both characters) Bandana Dee is pretty liked, but seen as a darkhorse candidate, and Pac-Man is seen as likely but not that well liked.

As a Toad supporter(hey, a deconfirmation for SSB4 doesn't stop me supporting him for the future Smashes) I can sympathize with people using the generic clause. It's not really officially a thing, and I can easily see this becoming the new "Too Bigot" thing.

Helix is from Twitch Plays Pokemon; the latest internet craze.

But yes, back on topic: THIS was posted in the Official Roster prediction showing even the most popular choices in some places don't go down well in others. Little Mac is not exactly big in Japan, and unlike Lucario his dislike doesn't even have anything to do with false claims he keeps a more important character of his series out.

R.O.B. and Ike should be interesting reveals. R.O.B. still has quite the hatebase from what I've seen and Ike may be seen elsewhere as an endangerment to an Awakening rep.

How did Miiverse take Toon Link coming back out of interest?
hum....well, I think you should look at this and tell me your thoughts. you'll find 4 criteria for possible Smashers for fit in order to get in to Smash. this is also one of the reasons I don't like the idea of Pac-Man getting in. I'm honestly surprised to hear that Pac-Man actually has a real hatebase out there. personally I'll never make a hatebase. I don't exactly enjoy offending other people, in any situation. unless they're jerks and deserve it.

I don't actually know how Miiverse took Toon Link, but I will say it was definitely a surprise after the reveal of the Spirit Tracks stage. though based on what I've heard, people didn't take him too well. ugh. I think that Bandana Dee fits Sakurai's criteria, being that Sakurai kind of owns the character. kind of. then again, considering the Return to Dreamland Meta Knight is basically Brawl Meta Knight edited, I'm pretty sure we members of the Bandana Brigade have nothing to worry about there X) sorry, but I can't help saying it everywhere. I have dreamed that Bandana Dee is likely, and based on my past experiances with my dreams, I'm almost positve Bandana Dee will get in. playable I mean. but that's off topic.

and thanks for the welcome :)

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
In the hypothetical event that ROB gets revealed pre-release, all I have to say is to people who thought ROB was going to get cut is "You honestly expected the guy that pretty much saved Nintendo back in the 80's to be cut?! What is wrong with your basic speculation skills, people?! Try to think more rationally, instead of basing your prediction on your petty opinions!"

Maikou

Smash Ace
In the hypothetical event that ROB gets revealed pre-release, all I have to say is to people who thought ROB was going to get cut is "You honestly expected the guy that pretty much saved Nintendo back in the 80's to be cut?! What is wrong with your basic speculation skills, people?! Try to think more rationally, instead of basing your prediction on your petty opinions!"
I must state to the world that your reasoning is exactly why I don't make predictions about who's gonna be in the next Smash Bros game. it'd be way too biased. though at least I'm actually wanting characters who could possibly get in in some way/shape/form. though I would LOVE if Pichu got in with a decloned moveset. sadly that won't happen because for whatever reason only I like the little mousey from Melee.

negativeX

Smash Apprentice
I must state to the world that your reasoning is exactly why I don't make predictions about who's gonna be in the next Smash Bros game. it'd be way too biased. though at least I'm actually wanting characters who could possibly get in in some way/shape/form. though I would LOVE if Pichu got in with a decloned moveset. sadly that won't happen because for whatever reason only I like the little mousey from Melee.
Hardly, Pichu is right behind Mewtwo in my most wanted character in new smash bros. (and Mewtwo is number 1 on that list) and he's tied with Mewtwo on top of my favorite pokemon list (and yes they've been there even before melee).
I was joking before (well half joking) because Mewtwo is so awesome it was hard to believe a new pokemon would beat him on anyone's list (seriously Mewtwo has his face on some coins) and he is one of the only instances of a children's show having higher philosophical depth. I also was annoyed that I preemptively addressed one of your points and people never seemed to notice.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Hardly, Pichu is right behind Mewtwo in my most wanted character in new smash bros. (and Mewtwo is number 1 on that list) and he's tied with Mewtwo on top of my favorite pokemon list (and yes they've been there even before melee).
I was joking before (well half joking) because Mewtwo is so awesome it was hard to believe a new pokemon would beat him on anyone's list (seriously Mewtwo has his face on some coins) and he is one of the only instances of a children's show having higher philosophical depth. I also was annoyed that I preemptively addressed one of your points and people never seemed to notice.
SOMEBODY ELSE WHO WANTS PICHU?! FINALLY! THANK YOU! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH I HATE PICHU HATERS!
I'm always seeing that Pichu was hated even by the developers in Melee, and it honestly ticks me off to no end. Pichu is a ****ING CHILD. It only makes sense that he's weak, but he makes up for that in Speed and Air-Game, my two main properties for a personal best character. you can tell Pichu is my Melee main just by looking below my name and avatar, and it really makes me angry when people use stupid excuses to demote the poor thing. the main thing people hate about Pichu is just the fact that he'd represented a little....TOO accurately in Melee, with almost all of his attacks damaging him despite half of them not even being Electic-type. and he's super light. though I honestly don't see the problem there.

I honestly don't get half of most people's requests with Sakurai. I mean....seriously? Goku? Naruto? FREAKING POWERPUFF GIRLS?!?! DA FLING?! I don't get why no one complains that Smash has too many adult characters. Do you know how much I'd LOVE to kick....say.....someone like Ganon's arse with a flinging Pichu? a lot. a really huge amount. I would instantly buy a game if I learned I could freaking massacre Ganon's face with a little Pichu in it. actually, too many fighting games have adult-esque themes and the only kid-friendly fighter I can honestly say ever comes to mind is Smash Bros.

I know this is severely off-topic but I HAVE to say it.

The only, and I say this with special emphasis, THE ONLY reason for Melee being rated T is because the E10+ rating didn't exist by the time it was released. that's literally the only reason. and I don't see how Brawl was T-rated besides the idea of Twilight Princess graphics. honestly who thought a kid-friendly fighter meant to introduce one to Smash should have realistic graphics? plus that only made things harder on the developers: all those little details must have been nightmares for them to do so well. and even then Melee is still the best game in the series. even after all these years, I can go back to the Melee disk I've had for what's probably a decade now, and play it just fine. Brawl? I can't even get this flawless disk to work because of some reason. most likely has to do with the Wii, but still.

Off-topic ends here.

....and I have nothing else to say at the moment.

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Mewtwo I would love to see back (I do use him a lot), Pichu is too much of a Pikachu clone and was a joke character in Melee (he is dead last on the tier list and had no data refraining to him in Brawl).

However a Pokeball version of Pichu I'll happily take.

Also what's with the Pac-man hate lately?? He's the grandfather of video gaming for crying out loud not seeing him as a playable fighter for these games would be a wasted opportunity, he's got to be in these games and a moveset can be made (if those who have played the 3 Pac-man world games, that's all you need to figure out a moveset).

I also prefer his look from the Pac-man World games, since he doesn't look creepy unlike he does in the Ghostly Adventures.

Last edited:

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
I am surprised lucario's aura ability takes so much criticism. At low percents I think he is one of the worst in the game. Keeping him alive long enough for the aura to be used effectively is a skill in itself. Its not like you can knock him around at 150% like snake and he'll come right back. Half of his special moves are terrible and his recovery cannot even hit. Add this to his crap grab range and I would say he is a pretty balanced character. I made this thread, because just about everywhere I heard people talking about lucario's return all that followed was groans about mewtwo. I honestly think lucario and toon link being announced is good news for mewtwo as it seems the chopping block must be pretty small.

I love Lucario. I play on .5% damage ratio so Everyone stays alive for at least 300%, but regardless, Lucario is a more physical version of mewtwo I feel. III understand most people hate Lucario because they feel it is a copy of mewtwo and that means mewtwo gets cut, but I think he is different enough to be considered not a clone. And his wall jump ability is great.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Mewtwo I would love to see back (I do use him a lot), Pichu is too much of a Pikachu clone and was a joke character in Melee (he is dead last on the tier list and had no data refraining to him in Brawl).

However a Pokeball version of Pichu I'll happily take.
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NONO NONONONONONONONONNONONONONONONONONOONONONONONONONONONO
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UGH!!!!!!!!!!!
PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE EXACTLY WHAT I HATE ABOUT THE SMASH COMUNITY BESIDES THEIR D@#N SEXISM AND UNREASONABLE REQUESTS!!!

PICHU HAS A HUGE VARIETY OF MOVES HE CAN USE TO DECLONE HIMSELF FROM PIKACHU AND HE WASN'T A JOKE!

F#!@ THE TIERS! TIERS MEAN NOTHING, DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?! ALL THEY DO IS TELL YOU WHO TO PLAY AS AND I WON'T TAKE ANY OF THAT TAUROS S#!@!!!!

ALMOST NOBODY USES THE D@#N POKEBALLS!!! THATS AS BAD AS NOT LETTING HIM IN AT ALL!!!!!

AND IF YOU REALLY WANT TO GO BY TIERS, THE 2007 TIER LIST PUT MEWTWO AT DEAD LAST WITH BOWSER JUST ABOVE HIM!!!
I AM NOT TAKING ANYONE'S S#!@ ABOUT HOW PICHU WASN'T A GOOD CHARACTER! WHY CAN NOBODY SEE HOW HE CAN BE DECLONED?!

IN SMASH THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A JOKE CHARACTER! WHY WOULD THERE BE A JOKE CHARACTER ONLY ONCE IN A FIGHITNG GAME WITH THREE ENTRIES ALREADY?! TELL ME THAT ONE HUH? HUH?!

YOU WANT A JOKE CHARACTER? LOOK AT F#!@ING GANNONDORF FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! THEY COULD HAVE MADE HIM HIS OWN SEMI-CLONE MOVESET INSTEAD OF JUST RIPPING OFF THE CAPTAIN OF FALCONS FOR ARCEUS' SAKE! AT LEAST BOWSER CAN MURDER ME! GANON'S TOO SLOW FOR ANYTHING!!!

And even if Pichu weren't to make into the final game in some way, there's a simple way of rectifying that.
FREE DLC.
in fact, I'm going to go and find out how to make a thread so I can announce to the world why DLC for Smash 4 would make EVERYONE happy.
Also what's with the Pac-man hate lately?? He's the grandfather of video gaming for crying out loud not seeing him as a playable fighter for these games would be a wasted opportunity, he's got to be in these games and a moveset can be made (if those who have played the 3 Pac-man world games, that's all you need to figure out a moveset).

I also prefer his look from the Pac-man World games, since he doesn't look creepy unlike he does in the Ghostly Adventures.
just a few words: Free, optional, DLC. I just don't want him in naturally, and with Free DLC for the character, people can choose whether or not they want him. EVERYone can be happy with Free DLC. now I'm gonna go make a thread about that.

NEVER insult MY Pichu! EVER!

Floor

NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
SOMEBODY ELSE WHO WANTS PICHU?! FINALLY! THANK YOU! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH I HATE PICHU HATERS!
I'm always seeing that Pichu was hated even by the developers in Melee, and it honestly ticks me off to no end. Pichu is a ****ING CHILD. It only makes sense that he's weak, but he makes up for that in Speed and Air-Game, my two main properties for a personal best character. you can tell Pichu is my Melee main just by looking below my name and avatar, and it really makes me angry when people use stupid excuses to demote the poor thing. the main thing people hate about Pichu is just the fact that he'd represented a little....TOO accurately in Melee, with almost all of his attacks damaging him despite half of them not even being Electic-type. and he's super light. though I honestly don't see the problem there.

I honestly don't get half of most people's requests with Sakurai. I mean....seriously? Goku? Naruto? FREAKING POWERPUFF GIRLS?!?! DA FLING?! I don't get why no one complains that Smash has too many adult characters. Do you know how much I'd LOVE to kick....say.....someone like Ganon's arse with a flinging Pichu? a lot. a really huge amount. I would instantly buy a game if I learned I could freaking massacre Ganon's face with a little Pichu in it. actually, too many fighting games have adult-esque themes and the only kid-friendly fighter I can honestly say ever comes to mind is Smash Bros.

I know this is severely off-topic but I HAVE to say it.

The only, and I say this with special emphasis, THE ONLY reason for Melee being rated T is because the E10+ rating didn't exist by the time it was released. that's literally the only reason. and I don't see how Brawl was T-rated besides the idea of Twilight Princess graphics. honestly who thought a kid-friendly fighter meant to introduce one to Smash should have realistic graphics? plus that only made things harder on the developers: all those little details must have been nightmares for them to do so well. and even then Melee is still the best game in the series. even after all these years, I can go back to the Melee disk I've had for what's probably a decade now, and play it just fine. Brawl? I can't even get this flawless disk to work because of some reason. most likely has to do with the Wii, but still.

Off-topic ends here.

....and I have nothing else to say at the moment.
I love Pichu and I hope(but sadly doubt) that he enters SSB 4. Pichu is liked by hardcore gamers. The fact that Pichu damages himself adds a level of strategy, and his damage output is great.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I love Pichu and I hope(but sadly doubt) that he enters SSB 4. Pichu is liked by hardcore gamers. The fact that Pichu damages himself adds a level of strategy, and his damage output is great.
THANK YOU!
I'm sick of Tier lists being brought out all the time when they mean NOTHING about the characters themselves besides what the "Pros who MUST know everything about it" think of them. I hate the tier lists. they place Yoshi so freaking low all the time, just because he doesn't have a third jump!
(Melee: two words: AIR. DODGE. you know, what WAVEDASHING came from. seriously that move wasn't intentional. Brawl: Egg Toss finally give some lift, not that one needs it with Yoshi since he jumps the highest out of everyone NATURALLY without extra specials for lift and stall time. {Luigi, I'm looking at you})

and about my sexism comment, I just need to say this.
FIVE GIRLS IS NOT TOO MUCH.

Last edited:

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
if Pichu wasnt simply Pikachu but suckier i would like him more. i like the pokemon itself as i find him adorable as all hell. but in Melee he was just awful. and anyone expected free dlc for characters is dreaming. and Pac-Man is one of my most wanted newcomers. he IS my most wanted 3rd party candidate. he's far more deserved than so many other characters ppl throw around. i never understood the whole creepy thing ppl see. only time i could maybe see it is in Street Fighter X Tekken and that was clearly intentional. i can understand the "boring" moveset argument, but at the same time, having a "boring" moveset doesnt make them instantly bad. i mean look at Mario or Marth. they have probably the most boring movesets in the entire series but they are still very blalanced and effective characters. the later of which is my personal favorite. plus theres no guarentee of him having a boring moveset either. pl thought Little Mac would be boring if he was included and frankly he looks to be one of the better inclusions this far.

Last edited:

Gune

Smash Lord
I love Lucario. I play on .5% damage ratio so Everyone stays alive for at least 300%, but regardless, Lucario is a more physical version of mewtwo I feel. III understand most people hate Lucario because they feel it is a copy of mewtwo and that means mewtwo gets cut, but I think he is different enough to be considered not a clone. And his wall jump ability is great.
I wouldn't call him a physical version of Mewtwo because Lucario can fight from afar, honestly the two have different fight styles so them being in the same game isn't a problem especially with falco and fox on the roster.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
actually, there IS criteria for appearing in Smash, believe it or not.
They need a moveset.
not in the Sakurai criteria
they have to be popular enough.
sort of paraphrasing it but ok. just so you know these are the critera
- The character's inclusion must make people want to buy the game.
- The character must be unique
- The character must fit into the style of Super Smash Bros.
- They must contribute to the game balance.
notice there is no mention of an actual moveset. just that they have to contribute to the games balance. nor that the character must be inherently popular. just that they make people want to play the game. this is regarding any character but this can mean different things to different people. the character could be designed really well with interesting game mechanics but have little popularity and that can make people want to play, like Pit or even Ice Climbers, or can be extremely popular and thereby makes people want to play, like Sonic or Meta Knight.

the need a good long history with Nintendo. in case you haven't noticed, Mega Man is basically a 3D rendition of his NES look. Sakurai himself has stated that "Maintaining his NES look was a top priority. I'm not gonna let just anyone into Smash" and yes that's a direct quote, look through all the offical Smash videos to find it if you don't believe me.
in addition to being the first 3rd party arcade port to the NES
(Pac-Attack - 1993, Super Nintendo Entertainment System-1994 Game Boy,2008 Wii).

Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures 1994 – Super Nintendo Entertainment System).

Pac-In-Time – 1994 Super Nintendo Entertainment System.)

Pac-Man Fever 2002 – Nintendo GameCube.)
Pac-Man World 2 2002 – Nintendo GameCube.)
Pac-Man Vs. 2003 – Nintendo GameCube,2007 - Nintendo DS.)
Pac-Man World 2004 – Game Boy Advance.)
Pac-Pix 2005 – Nintendo DS.)
Pac-Man Pinball Advance 2005 – Game Boy Advance.)
Pac 'n Roll 2005 – Nintendo DS.)
Pac-Man World 3 2005 – Nintendo GameCube,Nintendo DS.)
Pac-Man World Rally 2005 - Nintendo GameCube.)
Pac-Man Party 2010 – Wii, Nintendo DS.)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pac-Man Collection 2001 – Game Boy Advance.)
Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions-2011 – Nintendo 3DS included are the original Pac-Man, Pac-Man Championship Edition, and Pac-Man Tilt (a game that's new to this compilation). The collection also includes three games in the Galaga series.
Namco Museum 64 1999 – Nintendo 64.)
Namco Museum: 50th Anniversary 2005 – GameCube, Game Boy Advance.)
Namco Museum Remix 2007 – Wii.)
Namco Museum DS 2007 – Nintendo DS.)
Racing game's developed jointly by Namco and Nintendo,Includes Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, and Blinky as playable characters.
Mario Kart Arcade GP 2005 – Arcade.)
Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 2007 – Arcade.)
Mario Kart Arcade GP DX 2013 – Arcade.)

they also have to originate from games. this is why the real Goku will never get in to smash, no matter how much people effing request him like Smash 4 would be ruined without him. quite honestly?
agreed

Mega Man fits in to Smash. I honestly see what Sakurai is going for: the character has to be unique in order to be in. JUST because a mannequin got in doesn't mean just ANYONE else can.
also agreed, but Pac-Man isnt a nobody nor does he contradict the series tone or style. if anything he compliments it

[quote]did Pac-Man start out on the NES?[/quote] no. but neither did Sonic or Snake. and a handful of the Nintendo characters in smash like ROB and G&W

has Pac-Man gotten a game (spinnoff, main series or otherwise) on just about EVERY Nintendo console since? (no seriously, legit question, has he?)
see above. but regardless neither has Snake, Sonic or even Megaman.

I must also again bring up that he needed a MECH in Street Fighter X Tekken in order to fight. at least Bad Box Art MEGA MAN seemed to play similar to a real Mega Man. (I've only seen videos, but that's honestly enough for me. plus I'd be wasting my money on something like that game because I hate fighting games with complex controls. SMASH FOREVER!)
Bad Box art plays nothing like any iteration of Megaman should have. and did it occur to you that Pac-Man was put in the mech to match the ridiculousness of Bad Box Art Megaman. that they were both made to be "Joke" characters. not that he necesarily couildnt be made to work. hell he has arms and legs and thereby could effectively work in a fighting game.

If Pac-Man got in, I'd rage. not only because I personnaly (I like that word there. take note) dislike Pac-Man (and get a serious murder vibe from him in Street Fighter x Tekken), but also because he would use up a character slot that I would rather see taken by someone like Bandana Waddle Dee, who actually deserves it.
personal opinion. but i personally consider Waddle Dee a waste of time as well but thats a totally different argument.

take note of every time I say personnaly, because that's when I'm expressing my opinion freely. don't take what I say as bias, take it as opinion, because that's my personal preference.
understandable. glad u can own up to this as well. theres many users on these boards who take their opinions as fact and those people piss me off to no ends.

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
not in the Sakurai criteria
sort of paraphrasing it but ok. just so you know these are the critera
- The character's inclusion must make people want to buy the game.
- The character must be unique
- The character must fit into the style of Super Smash Bros.
- They must contribute to the game balance.
notice there is no mention of an actual moveset. just that they have to contribute to the games balance. nor that the character must be inherently popular. just that they make people want to play the game. this is regarding any character but this can mean different things to different people. the character could be designed really well with interesting game mechanics but have little popularity and that can make people want to play, like Pit or even Ice Climbers, or can be extremely popular and thereby makes people want to play, like Sonic or Meta Knight.

in addition to being the first 3rd party arcade port to the NES
(Pac-Attack - 1993, Super Nintendo Entertainment System-1994 Game Boy,2008 Wii).

Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures 1994 – Super Nintendo Entertainment System).

Pac-In-Time – 1994 Super Nintendo Entertainment System.)

Pac-Man Fever 2002 – Nintendo GameCube.)
Pac-Man World 2 2002 – Nintendo GameCube.)
Pac-Man Vs. 2003 – Nintendo GameCube,2007 - Nintendo DS.)
Pac-Man World 2004 – Game Boy Advance.)
Pac-Pix 2005 – Nintendo DS.)
Pac-Man Pinball Advance 2005 – Game Boy Advance.)
Pac 'n Roll 2005 – Nintendo DS.)
Pac-Man World 3 2005 – Nintendo GameCube,Nintendo DS.)
Pac-Man World Rally 2005 - Nintendo GameCube.)
Pac-Man Party 2010 – Wii, Nintendo DS.)
Pac-Man Collection 2001 – Game Boy Advance.)
Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions-2011 – Nintendo 3DS included are the original Pac-Man, Pac-Man Championship Edition, and Pac-Man Tilt (a game that's new to this compilation). The collection also includes three games in the Galaga series.
Namco Museum 64 1999 – Nintendo 64.)
Namco Museum: 50th Anniversary 2005 – GameCube, Game Boy Advance.)
Namco Museum Remix 2007 – Wii.)
Namco Museum DS 2007 – Nintendo DS.)
Racing game's developed jointly by Namco and Nintendo,Includes Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, and Blinky as playable characters.
Mario Kart Arcade GP 2005 – Arcade.)
Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 2007 – Arcade.)
Mario Kart Arcade GP DX 2013 – Arcade.)

agreed

also agreed, but Pac-Man isnt a nobody nor does he contradict the series tone or style. if anything he compliments it

no. but neither did Sonic or Snake. and a handful of the Nintendo characters in smash like ROB and G&W

see above. but regardless neither has Snake, Sonic or even Megaman.

Bad Box art plays nothing like any iteration of Megaman should have. and did it occur to you that Pac-Man was put in the mech to match the ridiculousness of Bad Box Art Megaman. that they were both made to be "Joke" characters. not that he necesarily couildnt be made to work. hell he has arms and legs and thereby could effectively work in a fighting game.

personal opinion. but i personally consider Waddle Dee a waste of time as well but thats a totally different argument.

understandable. glad u can own up to this as well. theres many users on these boards who take their opinions as fact and those people piss me off to no ends.
Sorry, I wasn't quite aware of Pac-Man very much. I honestly never really got in to Pac-Man. my entire childhood is made of Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Pokemon, Star Fox, Mega Man (to an extent), Dragon Ball Z (sort of), and Metroid (sort of). I never really knew anything about Pac-Man except that he was an arcade hit. thing is, outside of Nintendo, not much interests me. Mega Man is labeled, "To an extent" because I honestly didn't used to like Mega Man much. I did play some Mega Man games though.

More recently I've been into more stuff, but the above is basically my main interests that are big and still going on today. I once loved Digimon, but then it died after the second season (I know there was more, but it just wasn't good anymore). from what I can tell, Mega Man as had games on just about every gaming console in existance.

I did not know there were arcade versions of Nintendo games.
I did not know Pac-Man was anything more than a circle with a mouth that dies by making contact with something already non-living.
I did not know certain things about Mega Man.
I did not know many things. thank you for clearing some of it up for me.

how would Waddle Dee be a waste of time? he fits all of Sakurai's criteria. (note that I speak of the Bandana wearing one with the epic spear. he appears in Kirby Super Star and Ultra, as well as Return to Dreamland as a playable and main character, and finally, his most recent appearances are the Kirby's aniversary game (I forget it's name, but he's there), and finally Kirby Triple Deluxe as StreetPass and Item Giver. and he has a....(forgive the horrible pun) Smashing moveset.

Personally I agree. people who take their opinions as facts are idiots. while that may sometimes apply to me, (not that those are times when I'm thinking straight) I am willing to state aloud that I have my own opinion and won't hide behind falsified and made-up facts. if I have a wrong fact, it's more than likely that I got it from an unreliable source or am going off of memory which isn't very good. I'll admit when I'm wrong and accept facts if they are truly facts.

I guess right now my only problem with Pac-Man is that his possibility might mean another character I feel should get in might lose their chance for this next Smash game.

now for dealing with the earlier negative remarks about Pichu.
first off, Pichu was only a clone character (not a joke character. I HATE it when people say that.) because Sakurai probably couldn't think of a different moveset for him at the time. Pichu is the pre-evolution of Pikachu, so it makes sense that he'd come off as "clonish" to most people. but I honestly see that there can be a difference for Pichu's moveset if it just isn't based off of Pikachu's movepool. I think the only reason Pichu wasn't that good in Melee was because he damaged himself with almost all of his moves. if he came back with a new moveset, that could be remedied easily. all they'd have to do is remove the electricity effect from non-electric moves. (Skull Bash and Agility were going WAY too far with the "Hurts himself" mechanic)

I will also state again I don't play most normal fighting games because of the D@#N CONTROL SCHEME!
seriously, what the HECK does HP-FP-LP-OK-LE-randomlettercombo mean anyway?!?!
Normal fighting game combo: HP-->LP+SP+LK=KH
Super Smash Bros. combo: AAA, Roll Dodge, Up-B
pretty clear difference as to which one is complex and which one is simple. Smash is a hard game for me anyway, but at least I know what I'm trying to do half the time. that's also why I know nothing of Street Fighter X Tekken or other fighting games like Mortal Kombat or Soul Calibur.

I play Smash casually, I'm no hardcore gamer. in fact I don't play online because people use stupid advanced moves I know nothing of and then I can't find out how to do them as well because they're overly complex. seriously, when I want to combo, I don't want to need to press 1000 buttons to freaking perform one sliver or damage to the foe.

Last edited:

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Sorry, I wasn't quite aware of Pac-Man very much. I honestly never really got in to Pac-Man. my entire childhood is made of Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Pokemon, Star Fox, Mega Man (to an extent), Dragon Ball Z (sort of), and Metroid (sort of). I never really knew anything about Pac-Man except that he was an arcade hit. thing is, outside of Nintendo, not much interests me. Mega Man is labeled, "To an extent" because I honestly didn't used to like Mega Man much. I did play some Mega Man games though.

More recently I've been into more stuff, but the above is basically my main interests that are big and still going on today. I once loved Digimon, but then it died after the second season (I know there was more, but it just wasn't good anymore). from what I can tell, Mega Man as had games on just about every gaming console in existance.

I did not know there were arcade versions of Nintendo games.
I did not know Pac-Man was anything more than a circle with a mouth that dies by making contact with something already non-living.
I did not know certain things about Mega Man.
I did not know many things. thank you for clearing some of it up for me.

how would Waddle Dee be a waste of time? he fits all of Sakurai's criteria. (note that I speak of the Bandana wearing one with the epic spear. he appears in Kirby Super Star and Ultra, as well as Return to Dreamland as a playable and main character, and finally, his most recent appearances are the Kirby's aniversary game (I forget it's name, but he's there), and finally Kirby Triple Deluxe as StreetPass and Item Giver. and he has a....(forgive the horrible pun) Smashing moveset.

Personally I agree. people who take their opinions as facts are idiots. while that may sometimes apply to me, (not that those are times when I'm thinking straight) I am willing to state aloud that I have my own opinion and won't hide behind falsified and made-up facts. if I have a wrong fact, it's more than likely that I got it from an unreliable source or am going off of memory which isn't very good. I'll admit when I'm wrong and accept facts if they are truly facts.

I guess right now my only problem with Pac-Man is that his possibility might mean another character I feel should get in might lose their chance for this next Smash game.

now for dealing with the earlier negative remarks about Pichu.
first off, Pichu was only a clone character (not a joke character. I HATE it when people say that.) because Sakurai probably couldn't think of a different moveset for him at the time. Pichu is the pre-evolution of Pikachu, so it makes sense that he'd come off as "clonish" to most people. but I honestly see that there can be a difference for Pichu's moveset if it just isn't based off of Pikachu's movepool. I think the only reason Pichu wasn't that good in Melee was because he damaged himself with almost all of his moves. if he came back with a new moveset, that could be remedied easily. all they'd have to do is remove the electricity effect from non-electric moves. (Skull Bash and Agility were going WAY too far with the "Hurts himself" mechanic)

I will also state again I don't play most normal fighting games because of the D@#N CONTROL SCHEME!
seriously, what the HECK does HP-FP-LP-OK-LE-randomlettercombo mean anyway?!?!
Normal fighting game combo: HP-->LP+SP+LK=KH
Super Smash Bros. combo: AAA, Roll Dodge, Up-B
pretty clear difference as to which one is complex and which one is simple. Smash is a hard game for me anyway, but at least I know what I'm trying to do half the time. that's also why I know nothing of Street Fighter X Tekken or other fighting games like Mortal Kombat or Soul Calibur.

I play Smash casually, I'm no hardcore gamer. in fact I don't play online because people use stupid advanced moves I know nothing of and then I can't find out how to do them as well because they're overly complex. seriously, when I want to combo, I don't want to need to press 1000 buttons to freaking perform one sliver or damage to the foe.
Megaman has ultimately skipped the wii, unless u count megaman 9 & 10 which are available on every console so I wouldn't count it myself. I find waddle see to b a waste because the Kirby series is more or less set. We don't need another Kirby character and that's ultimately why I find he should be skipped for now. Throw in the fact that he is really no more prominent of a character than say dark matter or even dynablade. I just don't find him worth it when series like donkey kong, fire emblem and metroid would benefit more on that development time. And fighting games are my genre of choice so I'm fairly well versed in all that heavy combo stuff :). As for pichu I know very well he could be made different, but 1. I don't see sakurai and the team wanting to bring him back. He was the worse received character in melee and thats ultimately whT made him et dropped in brawl. 2. Far from being a Pokemon rep front runner in terms of requested pokemon3. IMO there's far more unique, interesting and popular Pokemon that would be considered first.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Megaman has ultimately skipped the wii, unless u count megaman 9 & 10 which are available on every console so I wouldn't count it myself. I find waddle see to b a waste because the Kirby series is more or less set. We don't need another Kirby character and that's ultimately why I find he should be skipped for now. Throw in the fact that he is really no more prominent of a character than say dark matter or even dynablade. I just don't find him worth it when series like donkey kong, fire emblem and metroid would benefit more on that development time. And fighting games are my genre of choice so I'm fairly well versed in all that heavy combo stuff :). As for pichu I know very well he could be made different, but 1. I don't see sakurai and the team wanting to bring him back. He was the worse received character in melee and thats ultimately whT made him et dropped in brawl. 2. Far from being a Pokemon rep front runner in terms of requested pokemon3. IMO there's far more unique, interesting and popular Pokemon that would be considered first.
1: BANDANA Waddle Dee, is much more than a generic enemy character. you have NO idea how often that's used against him. 2: Kirby only has 3 reps while most of the other series, even the lesser ones like Fire Emblem have the same or more characters. Kirby is one of Nintendo's 4 biggest franchises, and since the other three have had five or more reps by now, that DEFINITELY means Kirby deserves a 4th rep. your argument is invalid. 3: BANDANA Waddle Dee, is big enough in the franchise to be considered one of the four main characters now. in Return to Dreamland he served as a fourth character in case somebody wanted to play as someone new, in Kirby's 20th aniversery game the intro features Bandana Dee alongside 2 generic Dees, and in Kirby Triple Deluxe, he manages StreetPass and gives Kirby items to help on his adventure, and then finally, in the same game, one of Stone Kirby's forms is a monument of Dedede, Meta Knight, and BANDANA DEE. I'd say that's more prominent than Knuckle Joe or Dynablade, even taking into account the anime. (in which only two episodes to my knowledge featured Dynablade, three featured Knux Joe, and finally two episodes starred the Waddle Dees, who also appeared in every other episode in the series. be they in the background or otherwise, Waddle Dees in general have been in more games than Joe or Dynablade.) plus add to that fact that I'm pretty sure Bandana Dee also made a cameo in one of the Kirby Mass Attack minigames, and the fact that, not including spinoffs, Dynablade and Knuckles Joe have both only appeared prominently in Kirby Super Star/Ultra, Bandana Dee is pretty dang important.

and I apoligize in advance for this, but........................

TAKE THAT!

My idea for DLC is that Nintendo could easily release the games now as they are, for full price, and then make FREE DLC so that people wouldn't have to wait and they could just download the missing characters. That way, Nintendo doesn't have to make us wait, we can still get our money's worth, and we can still get the full experiance each time they complete a character they planned for the roster.

IT WORKS.

and then they could release a $5 special Melee pack adding in the fan favorites from Melee with changes to de-clone the clones.

EVERYONE GOES HOME HAPPY.

TAKE THAT!

Plus there's always SSB5 to look forward to afterwards. unless Smash 4 is the last one we'll ever get which I doubt.
EVERYBODY WINS GUYS.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
1: BANDANA Waddle Dee, is much more than a generic enemy character. you have NO idea how often that's used against him.
Never said he was

2: Kirby only has 3 reps while most of the other series, even the lesser ones like Fire Emblem have the same or more characters. Kirby is one of Nintendo's 4 biggest franchises, and since the other three have had five or more reps by now, that DEFINITELY means Kirby deserves a 4th rep. your argument is invalid.
see at this point ur running into a similar problem that the Zelda franchise faces whre in yes, the series more than warrants new characters sure, however we already have the most well known and consistently prominent characters in the game. at this point either series is adding their B and C list characters which is insulting to a series like Fire Emblem who may be an admittedly lesser of a series than Kirby or Zelda, but has a stronger wealth of reasonable and more desirable characters.

3: BANDANA Waddle Dee, is big enough in the franchise to be considered one of the four main characters now. in Return to Dreamland he served as a fourth character in case somebody wanted to play as someone new, in Kirby's 20th aniversery game the intro features Bandana Dee alongside 2 generic Dees, and in Kirby Triple Deluxe, he manages StreetPass and gives Kirby items to help on his adventure, and then finally, in the same game, one of Stone Kirby's forms is a monument of Dedede, Meta Knight, and BANDANA DEE. I'd say that's more prominent than Knuckle Joe or Dynablade, even taking into account the anime. (in which only two episodes to my knowledge featured Dynablade, three featured Knux Joe, and finally two episodes starred the Waddle Dees, who also appeared in every other episode in the series. be they in the background or otherwise, Waddle Dees in general have been in more games than Joe or Dynablade.) plus add to that fact that I'm pretty sure Bandana Dee also made a cameo in one of the Kirby Mass Attack minigames, and the fact that, not including spinoffs, Dynablade and Knuckles Joe have both only appeared prominently in Kirby Super Star/Ultra, Bandana Dee is pretty dang important.
Bandanna Dee was made playable for one reason. 4 players. had the game not focused on that aspect then he wouldnt have been put in there. now as far as other appearences... so what? using Dyna Blade as an example, she's a reoccuring boss within the series. not a mini game boss (thought she is that as well). A BOSS. Kirby Super Star, Super Star Ultra, Air Ride and Mass Attack. whereas Bandana Dee, previous to being made 4th player in Return to Dreamland, was just a static background character. now u said earlier we are talking about Bandana Dee, not Waddle Dees. and as such im not counting the iconic nature of those characters. you should do the same. as for the monument. cmon man the entirety of the 20th anniversary was to capitolize on the fact that Return to Dreamland was actually a hit. so it made sense that when remastering the old games, they would add cameos to the most popular Kirby product of the time. essentially i find Bandanna Dee to be no more important than a Toad. another character i severely think people overstate.

My idea for DLC is that Nintendo could easily release the games now as they are, for full price, and then make FREE DLC so that people wouldn't have to wait and they could just download the missing characters. That way, Nintendo doesn't have to make us wait, we can still get our money's worth, and we can still get the full experiance each time they complete a character they planned for the roster.
So you really think that Nintendo, who may i remind u is in a huge financial crisis at this time, would finish the game, then keep the staff on hand to work on not only finishing characters who were cut due to time, but because of adding new characters must make game patches in order to balance said new characters to the old cast. and on top of that, not pay them. that's stupid and wishful thinking. this proves how little u know about game design man

IT WORKS.
it doesn't. like i said, u are asking for a team of developers to do more work and for Nintendo to not make a profit, but to lose money because they need to pay said developers and programmers. best case scenario is that they'll be free for like a week or given a download code within the case of a new game.

and then they could release a $5 special Melee pack adding in the fan favorites from Melee with changes to de-clone the clones.
that works fine. it gives a steady flow of income to a Nintendo for their work.

EVERYONE GOES HOME HAPPY.
charging $5 does. doing it for free doesnt.

Plus there's always SSB5 to look forward to afterwards. unless Smash 4 is the last one we'll ever get which I doubt.
EVERYBODY WINS GUYS.
only the development team would lose

Last edited:

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
If Mii characters make it into the game that will be my most hated character. Right now it's Wii fit trainer. Plenty of people don't take smash brothers as a competetive fighting game already. WFT makes it that much easier for the person who never played smash before to look at WFT and say "no thanks"

Maikou

Smash Ace
Never said he was

see at this point ur running into a similar problem that the Zelda franchise faces whre in yes, the series more than warrants new characters sure, however we already have the most well known and consistently prominent characters in the game. at this point either series is adding their B and C list characters which is insulting to a series like Fire Emblem who may be an admittedly lesser of a series than Kirby or Zelda, but has a stronger wealth of reasonable and more desirable characters.

Bandanna Dee was made playable for one reason. 4 players. had the game not focused on that aspect then he wouldnt have been put in there. now as far as other appearences... so what? using Dyna Blade as an example, she's a reoccuring boss within the series. not a mini game boss (thought she is that as well). A BOSS. Kirby Super Star, Super Star Ultra, Air Ride and Mass Attack. whereas Bandana Dee, previous to being made 4th player in Return to Dreamland, was just a static background character. now u said earlier we are talking about Bandana Dee, not Waddle Dees. and as such im not counting the iconic nature of those characters. you should do the same. as for the monument. cmon man the entirety of the 20th anniversary was to capitolize on the fact that Return to Dreamland was actually a hit. so it made sense that when remastering the old games, they would add cameos to the most popular Kirby product of the time. essentially i find Bandanna Dee to be no more important than a Toad. another character i severely think people overstate.

So you really think that Nintendo, who may i remind u is in a huge financial crisis at this time, would finish the game, then keep the staff on hand to work on not only finishing characters who were cut due to time, but because of adding new characters must make game patches in order to balance said new characters to the old cast. and on top of that, not pay them. that's stupid and wishful thinking. this proves how little u know about game design man

it doesn't. like i said, u are asking for a team of developers to do more work and for Nintendo to not make a profit, but to lose money because they need to pay said developers and programmers. best case scenario is that they'll be free for like a week or given a download code within the case of a new game.

that works fine. it gives a steady flow of income to a Nintendo for their work.

charging $5 does. doing it for free doesnt.

only the development team would lose
HOW ABOUT YOU STOP INSULTING ME AND LOOK AT WHAT I'M SAYING?!

FOR ONE, THEY ARE NOT IN A FINANCIAL CRISIS THE WII U RUMORS ARE BULLS#!%
FOR TWO I'M SAYING THE DLC SHOULD ONLY BE THE ONES WHO COULD NOT MAKE IT IN TIME. OTHER BONUS CHARACTERS FOR DLC COULD EASILY BE GIVEN A PRICE OF TEN DOLLARS MAXIMUM.

FOR THREE, BANDANA DEE IS A HELL OF A LOT MORE FITTING THEN YOU THINK. HE WAS ALSO A BOSS, ALBEIT A WEAK ONE. HAVE YOU EVER PLAYED THROUGH REVENGE OF THE KING IN KSSU?! HE ISN'T JUST A STATIC BACKGROUND CHARACTER HE WORKS THE FREAKING STREETPASS IN KIRBY TRIPLE DELUXE!

FOR THE FOURTH POINT, NO I DON'T KNOW GAME DEVELOPMENT I'M FREAKING FOURTEEN BACK OFF!
IF TOAD IS IMPORTANT ENOUGH FOR FANS TO WANT HIM IN SUPER BADLY THEN ALL YOU ARE DOING IS PROMOTING BANDANA DEE, SO YOU CAN BACK OFF IN THAT REGARD TOO! YOU DON'T KNOW BANDANA DEE.

I NEVER SAID THEY SHOULD MAKE THINGS FREE THE DLC IDEA WORKS. IF THEY REALLY ARE IN THIS FINANCIAL CRISIS EVERYONE GOES ON ABOUT THEN THEY CAN STILL JUST CHARGE $5 AT MOST FOR THE CHARACTERS BUT EITHER WAY THEY STILL GET MONEY.

TELL ME HOW THE HELL THE WII U IS FAILING COMPARED TO THE DAMN XBOX ONE AND PS4 HUH?!
LOOK AT THE DAMN PRICES ALL TOGETHER AND TELL ME THAT'S SO MUCH WORSE THAN THE FRREAKING PS4/XBOX ONE.

I AM NOT CLAIMING TO KNOW EVERYTHING THEY DO I WAS SIMPLY MAKING A SUGGESTION THAT WORKS IF IMPLEMENTED PROPERLY. OBVIOUSLY YOU DO NOT KNOW THIS SINCE YOU INSULT ME SO EAGERLY.

DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN BECAUSE I FREAKING WON'T. NOT UNTIL YOU STOP BUGGING ME ABOUT LITTLE DETAILS.
DON'T GIVE ME THE MONEY CRAP BECAUSE I KNOW THE WII U IS BETTER THAN THE PS4 AND XBOX ONE.

DON'T TELL ME I DON'T KNOW GAME DESIGN BECAUSE I DON'T. YOU SERIOUSLY NEED TO STOP TELLING ME THINGS LIKE THAT.

Normally I don't type things like this, but you are seriously ticking me off with your bullcrap.

you are basically telling me that I am completely wrong and misguided and I will NOT take ANYTHING like that period.

I am a little kid, so obviously I must be stupid is basically the gist of your message to me.

You need to learn to pay attention to details.
no,
EVERY SINGLE LAST PERSON EVERYWHERE NEEDS TO START LEARNING TO PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS.
I'M SICK OF IT ALL! ALL OF IT ANGERS ME!!!
I WILL NOT TAKE IT!
THE WII U IS NINTENDO'S BEST SYSTEM DON'T GIVE ME ANYTHING BUT PRAISE ABOUT IT.

NINTENDO IS ONLY LOSING MONEY BECAUSE THE DAMN RUMOR START BY THE DAMN COD FANBOYS WITH THEIR STUPID PS4S CLAIMING THEY'RE THE FREAKING BEST IN THE WORLD BECAUSE THEY HAVE MOAR GRAFICS AND BLOOD AND GORE AND STUPID FAKE REALISM BECAUSE THAT'S TOTALLY THE BEST DAMN GAME EVAR IN THE FREAKING UNIVERSE.

I WILL REPEAT THAT, THE WII U IS NINTENDO'S BEST SYSTEM YET AND IT'S CHEAPER THAN THE PS4 XBOX ONE OVERALL WITH JUST $50 DOLLARS EXTRA FOR A GAME AND MORE COMPARED TO WHAT?!?!?!

TELL ME YOUR LOGIC AND I'LL TELL YOU MINE!!!
JUST DON'T INSULT ME!
If Mii characters make it into the game that will be my most hated character. Right now it's Wii fit trainer. Plenty of people don't take smash brothers as a competetive fighting game already. WFT makes it that much easier for the person who never played smash before to look at WFT and say "no thanks"
SCREW PEOPLE LIKE YOU! YOU KNOW NOTHING OF SMASH BROTHERS SO JUST GET OUT! GET OUT NOW! I'M SICK OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO THINK THEY KNOW EVERYTHING! AT LEAST I KNOW TO ADMIT WHEN I'M WRONG AT TIMES!!!!!

FORGET YOU ALL! JUST SCREW YOU ALL! I AM GONE! SCREW IT ALL!

I TRY FRIENDLY POSSIBLE ADVICE AND ALL OF YOU HAVE NOTHING EVEN SLIGHTLY POSITIVE TO SAY ABOUT IT!
IF IT DOESN'T WORK JUST TELL ME HOW WITHOUT THE STUPID INSULTS. SCREW ALL OF IT!

Maikou

Smash Ace
Forget it all!

AND I WON'T CALM DOWN UNTIL PEOPLE STOP INSULTING MY INTELLIGENCE!

SMASH ISN'T SUPPOSED TO BE A COMPETITIVE FIGHTING GAME IT IS MEANT TO BE PLAYED CAUSALLY.

WAVEDASHING WASN'T PURPOSEFULLY PUT INTO OR REMOVED FROM MELEE TO BRAWL, IT WAS JUST THE FREAKING AIR DODGE MECHANICS THAT PEOPLE LEARNED TO MANIPULATE TO THEIR ADVANTAGE IN BATTLE!

Last edited:

Floor

NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
THANK YOU!
I'm sick of Tier lists being brought out all the time when they mean NOTHING about the characters themselves besides what the "Pros who MUST know everything about it" think of them. I hate the tier lists. they place Yoshi so freaking low all the time, just because he doesn't have a third jump!
(Melee: two words: AIR. DODGE. you know, what WAVEDASHING came from. seriously that move wasn't intentional. Brawl: Egg Toss finally give some lift, not that one needs it with Yoshi since he jumps the highest out of everyone NATURALLY without extra specials for lift and stall time. {Luigi, I'm looking at you})

and about my sexism comment, I just need to say this.
FIVE GIRLS IS NOT TOO MUCH.
I agree.

Although I never used Yoshi, he is a big icon for Mario series and such. I only used him for home-run sandbag challenge.

Perhaps they should add pichu bros. this time around. They would work as Ice Climbers... Or pichu bros could act as a pokeball, but preferably playable.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I agree.

Although I never used Yoshi, he is a big icon for Mario series and such. I only used him for home-run sandbag challenge.

Perhaps they should add pichu bros. this time around. They would work as Ice Climbers... Or pichu bros could act as a pokeball, but preferably playable.
My thoughts exactly not that it matters since I'm supposed to be stupid.

Floor

NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
You're not stupid. Stand for what you believe in, even(especially, I might add) if you stand alone.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Bro no one i
HOW ABOUT YOU STOP INSULTING ME AND LOOK AT WHAT I'M SAYING?!

FOR ONE, THEY ARE NOT IN A FINANCIAL CRISIS THE WII U RUMORS ARE BULLS#!%
FOR TWO I'M SAYING THE DLC SHOULD ONLY BE THE ONES WHO COULD NOT MAKE IT IN TIME. OTHER BONUS CHARACTERS FOR DLC COULD EASILY BE GIVEN A PRICE OF TEN DOLLARS MAXIMUM.

FOR THREE, BANDANA DEE IS A HELL OF A LOT MORE FITTING THEN YOU THINK. HE WAS ALSO A BOSS, ALBEIT A WEAK ONE. HAVE YOU EVER PLAYED THROUGH REVENGE OF THE KING IN KSSU?! HE ISN'T JUST A STATIC BACKGROUND CHARACTER HE WORKS THE FREAKING STREETPASS IN KIRBY TRIPLE DELUXE!

FOR THE FOURTH POINT, NO I DON'T KNOW GAME DEVELOPMENT I'M FREAKING FOURTEEN BACK OFF!
IF TOAD IS IMPORTANT ENOUGH FOR FANS TO WANT HIM IN SUPER BADLY THEN ALL YOU ARE DOING IS PROMOTING BANDANA DEE, SO YOU CAN BACK OFF IN THAT REGARD TOO! YOU DON'T KNOW BANDANA DEE.

I NEVER SAID THEY SHOULD MAKE THINGS FREE THE DLC IDEA WORKS. IF THEY REALLY ARE IN THIS FINANCIAL CRISIS EVERYONE GOES ON ABOUT THEN THEY CAN STILL JUST CHARGE $5 AT MOST FOR THE CHARACTERS BUT EITHER WAY THEY STILL GET MONEY.

TELL ME HOW THE HELL THE WII U IS FAILING COMPARED TO THE DAMN XBOX ONE AND PS4 HUH?!
LOOK AT THE DAMN PRICES ALL TOGETHER AND TELL ME THAT'S SO MUCH WORSE THAN THE FRREAKING PS4/XBOX ONE.

I AM NOT CLAIMING TO KNOW EVERYTHING THEY DO I WAS SIMPLY MAKING A SUGGESTION THAT WORKS IF IMPLEMENTED PROPERLY. OBVIOUSLY YOU DO NOT KNOW THIS SINCE YOU INSULT ME SO EAGERLY.

DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN BECAUSE I FREAKING WON'T. NOT UNTIL YOU STOP BUGGING ME ABOUT LITTLE DETAILS.
DON'T GIVE ME THE MONEY CRAP BECAUSE I KNOW THE WII U IS BETTER THAN THE PS4 AND XBOX ONE.

DON'T TELL ME I DON'T KNOW GAME DESIGN BECAUSE I DON'T. YOU SERIOUSLY NEED TO STOP TELLING ME THINGS LIKE THAT.

Normally I don't type things like this, but you are seriously ticking me off with your bullcrap.

you are basically telling me that I am completely wrong and misguided and I will NOT take ANYTHING like that period.

I am a little kid, so obviously I must be stupid is basically the gist of your message to me.

You need to learn to pay attention to details.
no,
EVERY SINGLE LAST PERSON EVERYWHERE NEEDS TO START LEARNING TO PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS.
I'M SICK OF IT ALL! ALL OF IT ANGERS ME!!!
I WILL NOT TAKE IT!
THE WII U IS NINTENDO'S BEST SYSTEM DON'T GIVE ME ANYTHING BUT PRAISE ABOUT IT.

NINTENDO IS ONLY LOSING MONEY BECAUSE THE DAMN RUMOR START BY THE DAMN COD FANBOYS WITH THEIR STUPID PS4S CLAIMING THEY'RE THE FREAKING BEST IN THE WORLD BECAUSE THEY HAVE MOAR GRAFICS AND BLOOD AND GORE AND STUPID FAKE REALISM BECAUSE THAT'S TOTALLY THE BEST DAMN GAME EVAR IN THE FREAKING UNIVERSE.

I WILL REPEAT THAT, THE WII U IS NINTENDO'S BEST SYSTEM YET AND IT'S CHEAPER THAN THE PS4 XBOX ONE OVERALL WITH JUST $50 DOLLARS EXTRA FOR A GAME AND MORE COMPARED TO WHAT?!?!?!

TELL ME YOUR LOGIC AND I'LL TELL YOU MINE!!!
JUST DON'T INSULT ME!

SCREW PEOPLE LIKE YOU! YOU KNOW NOTHING OF SMASH BROTHERS SO JUST GET OUT! GET OUT NOW! I'M SICK OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO THINK THEY KNOW EVERYTHING! AT LEAST I KNOW TO ADMIT WHEN I'M WRONG AT TIMES!!!!!

FORGET YOU ALL! JUST SCREW YOU ALL! I AM GONE! SCREW IT ALL!

I TRY FRIENDLY POSSIBLE ADVICE AND ALL OF YOU HAVE NOTHING EVEN SLIGHTLY POSITIVE TO SAY ABOUT IT!
IF IT DOESN'T WORK JUST TELL ME HOW WITHOUT THE STUPID INSULTS. SCREW ALL OF IT!
Bro no one is insulting ur intelligence. Ur overreacting. And no bandana dee wasn't a boss. He was a mini game character. The wii u failing isn't a rumor. It is underselling by comparison to the ps4 and xb1. Think about it like this. Between last year till about a month ago, the wii u only made roughly 6 million on the units. The ps4 has made 5.3 million since launch and xb1 has 3.6 million. this is the last record i got so te numbers may have changed a little but u get the point. Which is sad because wii u has been out for a year longer than both. This wasn't made up by fanboys. Iwata has even addressed the issue and he and miyomoto have taken massive pay cuts to compensate for said loss. In addition ur idea for free dlc doesn't work at least in the grand scheme of things. I already explained y to u so I don't see why u dont understand this. Take a chill pill. If u can't handle criticism and conflicting ideas then u really shouldn't hang around message boards.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Bro no one i

Bro no one is insulting ur intelligence. Ur overreacting. And no bandana dee wasn't a boss. He was a mini game character. The wii u failing isn't a rumor. It is underselling by comparison to the ps4 and xb1. Think about it like this. Between last year till about a month ago, the wii u only made roughly 6 million on the units. The ps4 has made 5.3 million since launch and xb1 has 3.6 million. this is the last record i got so te numbers may have changed a little but u get the point. Which is sad because wii u has been out for a year longer than both. This wasn't made up by fanboys. Iwata has even addressed the issue and he and miyomoto have taken massive pay cuts to compensate for said loss. In addition ur idea for free dlc doesn't work at least in the grand scheme of things. I already explained y to u so I don't see why u dont understand this. Take a chill pill. If u can't handle criticism and conflicting ideas then u really shouldn't hang around message boards.
It's less I can't take critism and more it felt like you were attacking my intelligence, and if anything based on those number the Xbox one is the failing console right now. and unless I'm misinterpreting those numbers, (keep in mind I'm an 8th grader in an online school) it looks like the Wii U is doing just fine. unless 5 and a fifth is somehow greater than a full six. whilst that is a slightly worrying amount based on the Wii U being out much longer than the PS4 and Xbox one, I don't really see the problems. unless I don't understand something, it just seems like people are playing it too safe with the Wii U. sure, $300 seems like a lot, but what about the PS4 and Xbox One? altogether, I feel that the Wii U's only real flaw is in the people. I think people are more excited about Sony and Microsoft because of rumors.

again, this is just based on your numbers and I may be wrong, but at the current time it seems to me that Wii U is nothing to worry about.

unless my Brother, who is also a big Nintendo fan, would dare to lie to me about his work, he says people only ever return their systems if they got the wrong one and rarely ever recieve complaints about breaking or otherwise, at least when dealing with Nintendo stuff. but the PS4's and Xbox ones either return as fast as they sell, or aren't bought at all because of errors. plus COD fanboys don't seem to realize that Nintendo has COD things on their systems too. except giving your real age makes sure you can't play games that aren't suiting for your age. seriously, I tried to see what Pheonix Wright Dual Destinies was, and because I was 13 at the time, it stated that I wasn't old enough to view it.

Nintendo, at the very least, seems to actually care about the players and not just how much they can make off of other people's products.

I can't help but disbelieve the Wii U's apparent failure. there is nothing wrong with the system. the only thing wrong is that people are afraid of the price. they think going for the PS4 will be cheaper. they don't seem to know that the Wii U deluxe package thing (the $350 one) has more features, including more memory and even a game to go with it. what exactly does the PS4 have to actually contend with that?

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
It's less I can't take critism and more it felt like you were attacking my intelligence, and if anything based on those number the Xbox one is the failing console right now. and unless I'm misinterpreting those numbers, (keep in mind I'm an 8th grader in an online school) it looks like the Wii U is doing just fine. unless 5 and a fifth is somehow greater than a full six. whilst that is a slightly worrying amount based on the Wii U being out much longer than the PS4 and Xbox one, I don't really see the problems. unless I don't understand something, it just seems like people are playing it too safe with the Wii U. sure, $300 seems like a lot, but what about the PS4 and Xbox One? altogether, I feel that the Wii U's only real flaw is in the people. I think people are more excited about Sony and Microsoft because of rumors.

again, this is just based on your numbers and I may be wrong, but at the current time it seems to me that Wii U is nothing to worry about.

unless my Brother, who is also a big Nintendo fan, would dare to lie to me about his work, he says people only ever return their systems if they got the wrong one and rarely ever recieve complaints about breaking or otherwise, at least when dealing with Nintendo stuff. but the PS4's and Xbox ones either return as fast as they sell, or aren't bought at all because of errors. plus COD fanboys don't seem to realize that Nintendo has COD things on their systems too. except giving your real age makes sure you can't play games that aren't suiting for your age. seriously, I tried to see what Pheonix Wright Dual Destinies was, and because I was 13 at the time, it stated that I wasn't old enough to view it.

Nintendo, at the very least, seems to actually care about the players and not just how much they can make off of other people's products.

I can't help but disbelieve the Wii U's apparent failure. there is nothing wrong with the system. the only thing wrong is that people are afraid of the price. they think going for the PS4 will be cheaper. they don't seem to know that the Wii U deluxe package thing (the $350 one) has more features, including more memory and even a game to go with it. what exactly does the PS4 have to actually contend with that?
Those numbers aren't good. It tells us that Microsoft was able to make more than half of what Nintendo made in a whole year in only 3 months. And likewise with Sony who are almost caught up with nintendos last fiscal year. But also take Into account that the wii u was expected to make about 20 million on the console alone last year. So no they are doing awful. Yes I agree the wii u is a great system. But no ones buying it and that's what matters in the long run.
P.s companies don't care if usell a system to GameStop or something. They already made money off of u so returns don't matter.

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
Those numbers aren't good. It tells us that Microsoft was able to make more than half of what Nintendo made in a whole year in only 3 months. And likewise with Sony who are almost caught up with nintendos last fiscal year. But also take I to account that the wii u was expected to make about 20 million on the console alone last year. So no they are doing awful. Yes I agree the wii u is a great system. But no ones buying it and that's what matters in the long run.
P.s companies don't care if usell a system to GameStop or something. They already made money off of u so returns don't matter.
........Frack.
ugh, but still, Nintendo at least has more sales than they do at this time, which honestly really matters to me. I don't care about the BS4 (purposefull coruption to show my dislike of Sony) and Xbox One (no good coruptions but I still hate them)
Sony will never outclass Nintendo in ANYTHING.
and Microsoft will never outclass ANYONE.
I gotta wonder how Microsoft ripped off HD technology anyway.

specifics honestly don't matter. the only reason the Wii U is failing is because the Wii U has next to no exclusives, based on what I've heard. but honestly that should change for the better once Nintendo picks up speed. I have no reason to doubt Nintendo, even with those numbers.
and even so, Microsoft is still way behind the other two, and I have every reason to doubt Microsoft can catch up considering that it and Sony basically thrive off of the same games. they only have graphics over Nintendo and even that's not true. people only want to see how "Realistic" games can look. which is the basis of stupid in the video gaming comunity. seriously I LIKE cartoony graphics. just because you don't like cel-shading doesn't mean everyone else hates it too. just because it's stylized and not dark and gritty doesn't mean it automatically sucks, yet that's what people do anyways: pass it off if it's not overflowing with gore, guts, and violence and Zombies. people think Kirby would be better with zombies.

I'm going to kill the next person I see that says an E or E10+ rated game series would be better with zombies.
I f%$#ing hate zombie games.

the most hatable SSB character is the undead. that's it. nothing else would anger me more than if Nintendo randomly put zombies in things because that's what everyone wants.

Pac-Man? fine.
Goku? sure!
Shadow the Hedgehog? hecks yeah.
zombies? I can't express the disapointment and anger. that's it.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
........Frack.
ugh, but still, Nintendo at least has more sales than they do at this time, which honestly really matters to me. I don't care about the BS4 (purposefull coruption to show my dislike of Sony) and Xbox One (no good coruptions but I still hate them)
Sony will never outclass Nintendo in ANYTHING.
and Microsoft will never outclass ANYONE.
I gotta wonder how Microsoft ripped off HD technology anyway.

specifics honestly don't matter. the only reason the Wii U is failing is because the Wii U has next to no exclusives, based on what I've heard. but honestly that should change for the better once Nintendo picks up speed. I have no reason to doubt Nintendo, even with those numbers.
and even so, Microsoft is still way behind the other two, and I have every reason to doubt Microsoft can catch up considering that it and Sony basically thrive off of the same games. they only have graphics over Nintendo and even that's not true. people only want to see how "Realistic" games can look. which is the basis of stupid in the video gaming comunity. seriously I LIKE cartoony graphics. just because you don't like cel-shading doesn't mean everyone else hates it too. just because it's stylized and not dark and gritty doesn't mean it automatically sucks, yet that's what people do anyways: pass it off if it's not overflowing with gore, guts, and violence and Zombies. people think Kirby would be better with zombies.

I'm going to kill the next person I see that says an E or E10+ rated game series would be better with zombies.
I f%$#ing hate zombie games.

the most hatable SSB character is the undead. that's it. nothing else would anger me more than if Nintendo randomly put zombies in things because that's what everyone wants.

Pac-Man? fine.
Goku? sure!
Shadow the Hedgehog? hecks yeah.
zombies? I can't express the disapointment and anger. that's it.
but Nintendo's already done zombies.

ReDeads in Zelda, Risen in Fire Emblem, Dry Bones :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom