• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Most Experienced Link: Classic Link Discussion Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groose

Smash Champion
This morning they just stated it takes places hundreds of years after LttP, so no, they are not the same Link.

*Sigh*
They have the perfect opportunity to make a Zelda title that doesn't screw the timeline over... and they screw the timeline over anyway?

Why am I NOT surprised?

Hong

The Strongest
*Sigh*
They have the perfect opportunity to make a Zelda title that doesn't screw the timeline over... and they screw the timeline over anyway?

Why am I NOT surprised?
I would say their greatest mistake was making a timeline to begin with, because now they have a great responsibility to maintain it.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
So much for being the most experienced Link.

gg nintendo

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I just had to post right before a Nintendo Direct. well, I think he still uses the same design so it would still be OK to consider him Classic Link. I also think if he makes it in the game, he won't be called Classic Link but Young Link with this design.

I don't have a problem with it taking place after many years, after all that has been a reoccuring theme in the series. I don't think it messes up the timeline.

And they don't have to worry about maintaining the timeline, as they already have written an out with any continuity errors. I like the timeline but I don't take it too seriously. Zelda always been about the gameplay. I'm also really used to retcons as a comic fan.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
The timeline was more for fun and very loose because new games will continue to be added. They most likely made the timeline to help explain the 'many links' idea and the alternate reality idea to those unfamiliar.

D

Deleted member

Never did like the "Classic Link" name anyway. Felt too forced, especially since the Link was not even the original Link.

Always saw him as more of a "Downfall Link" since he was the most recurring Link in the Downfall Timeline.
But even then, despite this not being that same Link, "Downfall Link" still applies due to having roughly the same design and is exclusive to that timeline.

Ah well. Also, we got new artwork of this Link that actually makes him look more like he actually appears in the game rather than a graphical rendition of the artwork from A Link to the Past.

Hmm. Doesn't seem to be wearing any sleeves. Or at least from the lighting; I could be wrong.

Hong

The Strongest
Those are definitely brown sleeves, outlined by contrast to the skin tone of his hands and clothing folds/ripples.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh god, that face...

Nintendo, why must you mess up Link's face face each time? :p

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I don't get it? What's wrong with his face?

Any particular moves you guys want to see?

I know I want Pegasus Boots for Side+B
Up+B could be Roc'c cape
Bombs are a must to keep, IMO
And B would be Sword Poke / Charge for Spin Attack. You can charge on air, and use it to recover (DK style recovery instead of Adult Link's more vertical style)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I just prefer the more serious look seen in the previous artwork.

Ah, ok.
It's not weird to me since I mostly recall his Oracle of Seasons/Ages artwork.

He smiles in a lot, if not most of them, so it looked natural. And the closest to a SSB-esque updated version of Oracles' Link. :)

Would love for him to have an Oracles-centric moveset... but he's most likely sporting ALBW moves. .. Which is A-OK with me as long as he feels different from his adult counterpart.

Hong

The Strongest
I don't get it? What's wrong with his face?

Any particular moves you guys want to see?

I know I want Pegasus Boots for Side+B
Up+B could be Roc'c cape
Bombs are a must to keep, IMO
And B would be Sword Poke / Charge for Spin Attack. You can charge on air, and use it to recover (DK style recovery instead of Adult Link's more vertical style)
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...discussion-thread.335753/page-2#post-15686685
I pretty much laid out my desires here, but there are like a million ways to go about making Link in Smash Bros.... Which makes it funny how we have gotten a clone twice, while dozens of items and concepts just sit there collecting dust.

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
OH MAI GAWD CLASSIC LINK WOULD BE EPIC! :D but seriously give him pants it was fine with Young Link but seriously ._____________.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Imma be a bit of a hater here, sorry.
Include a new Zelda Character instead of Young/Toon Link.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I fully support this version of Link. However, I would rather have him have a unique or semi-cloned move set; using the medallions, magic rods, and staffs.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Toon Link is back. Can this game have 3 Links? (four if you count the ST one in the BG)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
When was you when Classic Link die?
I was home eat cereal when Toon Link confirm
Classic Link is kill
'no'
'yes'

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, I guess Classic Link will be a palette swap for Toon Link again. It is nice that one of my mains is back but it is a little disappointing that he seems like he is still a clone again.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, I guess Classic Link will be a palette swap for Toon Link again. It is nice that one of my mains is back but it is a little disappointing that he seems like he is still a clone again.

We can't even tell. I doubt he'll be as clonish as in Brawl anyway. He'll probably have SOME new moves, especially if Peach and Bowser got new ones to.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I guess I will just hope Toon Link take some ideas I had for Classic Link... Deku Leaf instead of Roc's Cape... Skull Hammer instead of Magic Hammer. But I want Toon Link to keep his boomerang. I use it more than his arrows... it is a lot more useful than the arrows... I love its versatility... damn it, why does he still have the arrows?! :(

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Tripple B's man. IT'S THE RULE IN THE EYES OF SAKURAI!

No honestly, I'd almost be upset if they changed that now. :rolleyes: I wanted Bombs gone for Link to. I still hope for no Boomerang on Link as well. But, at the very least I'm hoping for an actual Hurricane Spin for Up B.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Just today.

Classic Link's best chance now, is as DLC.
Oh no... no... I don't want three Links... two Links are more than enough for me. Thank you. Hell, I was content with just one Link...

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
In my mind, DLC development takes place after the game has been released. Nintendo isn't Capcom; it won't be on the disk.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
DLC can be day one provided it was developed during the downtime between going gold and printing the disks. If it's one the disk, that's gaming sin number 035.

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I don't mind DLC But honestly 2 Links are enough.....plus Zelda and Ganondorf need those slots anyway

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Ah well, Toon Link pretty much shot down Classic or "Downfall" Link.
I highly doubt we will get three Links. Maybe as DLC?
Actually, he'll probably just be an alternate costume for one of the Links. Oh well.

Snakeyes

Smash Journeyman
I was hoping for Toon Link to get the shaft and get replaced by this more unique Link. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom