• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The most entertaining characters to watch

Ennui_

Smash Rookie
Hype as ****:
:foxmelee::falcomelee::marthmelee:
Very Hype:
:ganondorfmelee::falconmelee::mariomelee::luigimelee::pikachumelee::pichumelee:
Hype:
:roymelee::drmario::mewtwomelee::yoshimelee:
Eh:
:jigglypuffmelee::sheikmelee::samusmelee::peachmelee::dkmelee::kirbymelee:
Boring:
:younglinkmelee::linkmelee::gawmelee::nessmelee::zeldamelee::bowsermelee:
Boring as ****:
:icsmelee:
I pretty much agree with this, but I would probably put DK a tier higher and Pikachu/Pichu two tiers lower. I respect high level Pikachu play but for whatever reason I just can't get into it.

Vrbtm

Banned via Administration
Watching Roy never win neutral and getting killed without returning damage every stock is really entertaining and hype for me personally. It's great when he lands a hit because I'll have to wait another minute for that to happen again. I really live for those moments when he can score that one clean f smash. Also, the fact that he isn't played often makes him great for stream. Viewers can get hyped in anticipation of a 4 stock!
Waching 20XX commence with no character variety whatsoever is so hype.

Fox players eat ****.

ByzCat

Smash Rookie
Dang, and I thought Doc mains were delusional about their character's potential

Roy mains are the best trolls. Either that or the most delusional.

adz

Smash Cadet
imo

fox (fox, to me, is the epitome of what makes melee so great: the fluid movement, the technicality, the aggression. a good fox going off is super fun to watch)
falco (if a falco gets one hit, it should probably equal death, so the match is always super tense. plus shine combos are so sick)
ganon (ganon just exudes style. there are just so many ways to disrespect a man, and watching someone like bizarro flame slip around the stage is very fun.)
captain falcon (this should be self-explanatory)
-------- POWER GAP -------
marth (is just really vanilla, but marth can be graceful and beautiful at times. combos are p cool too.)
ics (the neutral game vs ics is always super scary and tense, as one grab is a kill. plus, people like wobbles style hard with the climbers, making them fun to watch)
yoshi (it's yoshi. under-used, highly technical, and can combo like nobody's business)
-------- SMALL POWER GAP ------
samus (samus can go to work at times against most characters, but the floaty matchup can be stale) / pikachu (has no representation, and the spacies matchup is super hype. however, most pikachus play campy against floaties, which dilutes the hype)
-------- POWER GAP --------
jiggs (as played by mango)
luigi (i have no idea why, but i don't really enjoy watching luigi play.)
peach (just is not fun, no matter what anyone says. unless stitches happen, of course)
jiggs (as played by hbox)
--------EXTREME POWER GAP ------
sheik (this is coming from a sheik co-main, but sheik is just boring. no redeeming factors at all)

the rest I have no opinion on

Vrbtm

Dang, and I thought Doc mains were delusional about their character's potential
I never said ANYTHING about Roy's potential. The only thing that I said was that he's entertaining to watch, because he is. Because you never see him.

Learn how to ****ing read, ****.

Uchihadark7

Smash Journeyman
I never said ANYTHING about Roy's potential. The only thing that I said was that he's entertaining to watch, because he is. Because you never see him.

He is too. Watching Azen & Neo use him is pretty entertaining.

TrashWizard

Smash Cadet
NNID
n1nj4t2
This thread has entertained me enough for me to still be laughing tommorrow, time for my 2 cents. This is incredibly late but I think it might be somewhat valuable and might contribute to the conversation.
The whole 'who is the most entertaining to watch' dealio is completely subjective, and I think that the OP is slightly at fault for posting this in a thread titled 'The most entertaining characters to watch' and then proceeds to not ask for input from others, so as to make the actual subject worthy of a thread, and at the end of the post he states that he 'has no respect for fox mains', which is almost seems like you WANT to alienate a quarter (or fourth) of the people reading your post, and pretty much insulting them.

I personally think that this is a troll post, but I cannot be certain whether it is or not. My key reasoning in believing this is when one looks into @Vrtbm 's post history, it solely shows posts from this thread and nothing else, as if this account had been made solely to make this thread and its posts, a thing that one thing would be countering my point is the date in which Vrbtm had joined was about a month ago, which could be due to the lack of credibility you have when you are a new member of smashboards, and new members are often associated with the trolls and the 'NEW TECH' threads, so it could have been left for a month before posting to increase the amount of people believing its real.

Vrbtm has some very extreme stereotypical low tier main views, so he replies with alot of asterisks smeared across the 'points' he makes, like this gem:

and this one too, where he complains about anothers spelling of another user, despite the other users message still being easily understandable

When in the holy mother of all **** did I EVER say that Roy is a "legitamite competitive" (learn how to ****ing spell, kid) character?

That's not what the ****ing thread is about, dip****. It's about who is the most entertaining to watch. Roy is EXTREMELY entertaining to watch, despite the fact that he's one of the ****tiest characters in the game.

Jesus H. mother****ing goddamn Christ.
Straight out of the english classroom with this one, where he uses triplication to crush, destroy and decimate the person he was replying to into submission:

Get good. This has absolutely nothing to do with hype, you absolute pillock. Yes. This has nothing to do with hype, you worthess toerag. Don't go off-stage. This has nothing to do with hype, you complete dipstick.
And who could forget the best one out of them all?

Boring as **** - Just Fox. **** this character. **** his shines. **** his drill kicks. **** his up-smash. **** his lasers. **** his speed. **** his power. **** his dominance. **** his over-centralization of the metagame. **** his boring-*** playstyle. **** this character. I have no respect for anyone who mains him.
Can you honestly not see why you arent taken seriously Vrbtm?

tl,dr: This is a troll thread, its humorous, but avoid interacting with the troll himself, he spread his asterisks REALLY HARD, and you will leave here crying :^)

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I personally get very hype chaingrabbing roy, very entertaining for me. Plus my bair eats through his entire arsenal. How is roy not hype?

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
Yeah I definitely get super hyped when dash dance camping Roy forcing him to make an impossible approach now that I think about it. Or you know, standing still and holding down

Vrbtm

My key reasoning in believing this is when one looks into @Vrtbm 's post history, it solely shows posts from this thread and nothing else
Are you ********? My first posts on this website were posted on the Roy forums. Throw yourself out of a window.

TrashWizard

Smash Cadet
NNID
n1nj4t2
Are you ********? My first posts on this website were posted on the Roy forums. Throw yourself out of a window.
First off I am on the autistic spectrum, so yes to that question, and I acknowledge that I had made a mistake on the lack of postings on your profile, however the Smashboards profile post UI is ****ed too, so that didnt help. But all that said, mistakes don't invalidate my whole post.

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
Vrbtm why are you so mean to everyone dawg? If you had a better attitude no one would've made fun of you and this could've been a decent discussion

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hypest:
:dkmelee::yoshimelee::mewtwomelee::ganondorfmelee:
Pretty Damn Hype:
:pikachumelee::samusmelee::falconmelee:
Hype Because They Hilariously Bad:
:pichumelee::bowsermelee::roymelee:
Overused But Can Impress With Origniality:
:falcomelee::marthmelee::sheikmelee::peachmelee:
Legit Boring Characters:
:linkmelee::drmario::jigglypuffmelee::mariomelee::zeldamelee:
Better Impress With Technical Skill AKA Boring As ****:
:foxmelee:
No Opinion:
:luigimelee::icsmelee::kirbymelee::gawmelee::nessmelee:

Ravengeance

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ravengeance
I don't judge a character's "hype" by what "tier" they are in. Yes I main Fox. I also mained him from the start when he wasn't a unanimous #1 character in melee. Here's my opinion:

Hype as ****:
:foxmelee::falcomelee::marthmelee::falconmelee:
Very Hype:
:ganondorfmelee::pikachumelee:
Hype:
:drmario::yoshimelee::samusmelee::luigimelee::mariomelee::pichumelee::sheikmelee:
Eh:
:roymelee::linkmelee::younglinkmelee::jigglypuffmelee::zeldamelee::mewtwomelee::kirbymelee::icsmelee:(if they don't just try to wobble)
Boring:
:gawmelee::nessmelee::bowsermelee::peachmelee::dkmelee:
Boring as ****:
:icsmelee:(if all they do is go for wobbling)

DarkGengar

Smash Rookie
Get good. This has absolutely nothing to do with hype, you absolute pillock. Yes. This has nothing to do with hype, you worthess toerag. Don't go off-stage. This has nothing to do with hype, you complete dipstick.Yes. Underdogs are always, always, always, ALWAYS more hype. Even 2 year olds know this.You know, sometimes, I forget that this is meant to be a kid's game. Am I dealing with a bunch of kids here? Seems like it.
Maybe grow up before you try talking about this (or any) subject with an adult. Okay? Okay.
Also, way to backpedal, you utter child.
dide your calling us kids when you just dished out a load of childish insults, and ar fighting a futile battle. The system and meta clearly makes spacies and certain characters hyper to watch because they seperate from what is melee and competetive melee. This could be a troll thread but some of this list does seem legit, like falcon and falco.

Last edited:

Colinder

Smash Rookie
My list is as follows:
Hype as ****:
:falcomelee::foxmelee::falconmelee:
Very Hype:
:ganondorfmelee::dkmelee::pichumelee::nessmelee::drmario:
Hype:
:mariomelee::marthmelee::roymelee::mewtwomelee::pikachumelee: :kirbymelee:
Eh:
:linkmelee::younglinkmelee::sheikmelee::samusmelee::yoshimelee::luigimelee:
Boring:
:bowsermelee::zeldamelee::gawmelee::peachmelee:
Boring as ****:
:icsmelee::jigglypuffmelee:

Diosama

Stand User
Players > Characters

I'm not gonna get hype for a ganon that just shoves his opponent's face into his armpit via poorly spaced fairs

Actually, ganon in general is not exciting as spectator, but he is an analyst, people who think ganon is hype have been deluded by bizz

It's the player, not the character

Top Bottom