• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Mii Fighter Thread: Where You and Mii Can Talk! Mii Fighter Social!

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
I find it funny how brawler and gunner can escape Shulk's vision with ground-level fairs and rolling out of the way.

Auramaniji

Roasted!
NNID
N/A
Hi mii fighter social fourm! I have been playing all three mii fighters for a while now, and I feel like they might be the best choice for ..."Mii".
PunsRFun right?
Horrible pun aside, I really want to get into each of the mii fighters competitively and take my game to the next level.

Peppa

Time's up, pipsqueak. I'm gone!
NNID
ThePeppa
Its really starting to irk me, I have no real place to post this but here, but that organizers are so adamant when customs are off about 1111. I'm completely fine with the standard guest Mii size, but it takes no time at all to set up his moves AND they work with customs off. IMO 1111 is a useless special moveset and all they are doing is decreasing a competitively viable character by one.
I thought we as a Smash community wanted as many viable characters as possible?

Yikarur

Smash Master
Show them my thread and try to convince them. Tell them german and spain use their other moves and thats the most logical thing to do.

Matthew "Demo" Rak

Bad at Smash
Slippi.gg
Demo#0
Quick question, didn't want to make a new thread. My local tournament allows default Miis to be used, but requires 2-2-2-2. Is this standard? Other customs are not allowed, so I'm fine with not allowing a variety of customs for Mii characters, but why not 1-1-1-1?

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Quick question, didn't want to make a new thread. My local tournament allows default Miis to be used, but requires 2-2-2-2. Is this standard? Other customs are not allowed, so I'm fine with not allowing a variety of customs for Mii characters, but why not 1-1-1-1?
They allow only 2222 instead of 1111? That's odd. Iirc, most only allow 1111.

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
I wish 2222 was allowed in non-custom tourneys. It's what I'd learn if it were allowed. XP

ShuckleBoard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShuckleBoard
Hey guys I just finished unlocking all customs on my 3DS and I'm on Mii Brawler now. I don't want to use the QR code mii that the custom move project provided. So scrubby question: If I don't move the sliders at all in Mii Maker is that Default?

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
Hey question for fun:
Out of all the Mii Fighters you've made so far (presuming you've made one),
What's the Funniest/Dumbest/Proudest Mii Fighters you've made? Who are they? What Class are they? And what Special Moves and Equipment do they have?

Last edited:

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Funniest/Dumbest - ayy lmao alien with cowboy getup
Class - gunner
Moves - grenade, flame pillar, lunar launch, bomb drop

Moderate skill

Smash Apprentice
What's the Funniest/Dumbest/Proudest Mii Fighters you've made?

This is a tad insensitive, but with all the explosive special attacks making an Osama gunner was only natural. I actually made tons of Miis of political figures.
You can see me (getting beat up) as gunner Obama here.

It's pretty fun pitting Gandhi against Stalin.

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
This is a tad insensitive, but with all the explosive special attacks making an Osama gunner was only natural. I actually made tons of Miis of political figures.
You can see me (getting beat up) as gunner Obama here.

It's pretty fun pitting Gandhi against Stalin.
Ah that's ok, that's why Mii Fighters aren't allowed "With Anyone" online.
You should've put your Gunner Obama in the Fancy Suit.
I made one of Robert Mugabe. How's That for insensitive?

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
Hey question!
After all this time, after making a Mii Brawler of Reggie, a Sword Fighter of Iwata, and a Gunner of Miyamoto, I realized I don't have a Sakurai Mii.

What class should I make a Sakurai Mii Fighter, and what costume, moves and equipment should I give him?

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Recently picked up small mii gunner, and I honestly think she is tournament viable. Her moevement control and unpredictability is real. I used the set 3112. It's so amaaing to feel like you control the match, and keeping your opponents confused. Grenades are great on DH too since it goes off on the birds, and it forces your opponents to approach differently. Mii Gunner is so underated, I am gonna try to secondary her, I'm just scared due to the controversy of miis...

T0MMY

Smash Master
Oregon Smash Community needs your help!

Hey fellow Brawlers, I have fallen into a bizarre problem I'm hoping to get some advice/help on:

I scheduled a Tournament, Road to Glory for June 20th and had it advertised for a couple months now, but just a few days ago another TO in the SAME CITY just scheduled an event for June 20th as well.

This is a gross scheduling conflict.

Normally this kind of problem is easily resolved and the proper thing would have the TO change his date, but I was informed that this was actually as sabotage.

This isn't too unbelievable, because "spite tournaments" which are designed to sabotage other TO's events have happened several times in the recent past. So I do lend this some credence.

The best course of action is politely asking the TO's to change the date
Whether sabotage or not it will solve the problem.

But I need your help!

Please take a moment to post a message on Facebook HERE and on Smashboards HERE asking for the date of their tourney to a be changed.

Thank you so much!

More info

On SWF
On Reddit (please vote up)
Twitter (please retweet)
#OregonDrama #RoadtoGlory

Last edited:

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
I say we start a petition.org page for tournament TOs around the world (especially at big tournaments like CEO) to start letting Guest Miis use either 1111, 2222, or 3333. If it were for me, i'd much rather have them allow any kind of set up counting that Customs are OFF, but we have to start somewhere and allowing us to use any 3 of those setups seems like a good start.

I'm gonna do the petition tonight. :D

Yikarur

Smash Master
Every tournament should have free move access. Everyone who rules it differently hasn't put much thought into it.
You should link my thread I posted above to every TO.

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
If it were for me, i'd much rather have them allow any kind of set up counting that Customs are OFF, but we have to start somewhere and allowing us to use any 3 of those setups seems like a good start.

I'm gonna do the petition tonight. :D
And also for ligitimacy sake, info on your Mii Fighter's size, stats and custom moves should all be available to the referees and your opponent beforehand.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
And also for ligitimacy sake, info on your Mii Fighter's size, stats and custom moves should all be available to the referees and your opponent beforehand.
Since I'm a TO, I'm really against the fact that Miis should use any other size other than Guest Miis. This is because it takes alot of time to upload Miis to the different WiiUs. All the Miis should just be Guest Miis, and no problem.

I'm starting the petition.org thing right away. I'll post it as soon as I'm done.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I personally would like to see some more personality on the miis with tournament setups. I of course have a great amount of respect for Xanadu but all their evo miis are just the template characters in regular clothing, not even a fighting gi or a ninja suit. I've been working on making miis specifically to fit those guidelines.

For brawler default I've got Goku and vegeta
For mini brawler I've got Gohan, Krillin, Ryu, Ken, Chun li and Chuck Norris.

Sword and gunner are harder because of the 3ds' sliders but I took sword1232 Elsa to a tournament recently and had some fun messing with people's heads. I also have Leonardo, Finn, SpongeBob, Squidward, and can make Protoman and megaman x out of the templates. Can't wait for inkling too :)

MintyBreeze

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0361-8437-7637
Personally, I think that just the idea of the Mii being in Smash Bros is a very innovative one by Nintendo. Sure, it's already in Mario Kart 7, but who would've thought it'd end up being in Smash Bros?

I'm a user from the R.O.B Boards, particularly the R.O.B MU threads. In each thread, we have a discussion about the MUs for each character, basic strategies, and occasionally invite mains of the opposing character for fact checking and debate (the good kind of debate.) Currently, it's the lastest MU, so if anyone is interested in this particular fight, we'd love your input on it!
(Note: Seems that so far the MU isn't skewed too much towards one side, although the default Brawler seems to be a little behind R.O.B. Doesn't seem like it'd be too ugly for either side if a discussion happened, though, I don't think.)

http://smashboards.com/threads/r-o-b-matchup-analysis-24-mii-brawler.404755/

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Hey question for fun:
Out of all the Mii Fighters you've made so far (presuming you've made one),
What's the Funniest/Dumbest/Proudest Mii Fighters you've made? Who are they? What Class are they? And what Special Moves and Equipment do they have?
I made the swordfighter mii as a brawler

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Hey question!
After all this time, after making a Mii Brawler of Reggie, a Sword Fighter of Iwata, and a Gunner of Miyamoto, I realized I don't have a Sakurai Mii.

What class should I make a Sakurai Mii Fighter, and what costume, moves and equipment should I give him?
Swordfighter with Samurai outfit obviously.
I made the swordfighter mii as a brawler
Now he's finally top tier.

Yikarur

Smash Master
Very character and % depending. Some characters can just hold away to get out of it.
The most safe method is to DI behind Mii Brawler so you're launched upwards. This way he can only follow with Fair if they predict the DI and fair -> upB won't kill if you DI like that most of the time because your distance to the blast zone is increased.

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
Okay, I've recently been observing Mii Brawler players, and I'm absolutely astounded as to how so many people use Feint Jump.

Hopefully this video can teach you all how foolish it is to carry Feint Jump when Head On Assault is the undisputed best down-b move in the game.

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Okay, I've recently been observing Mii Brawler players, and I'm absolutely astounded as to how so many people use Feint Jump.

Hopefully this video can teach you all how foolish it is to carry Feint Jump when Head On Assault is the undisputed best down-b move in the game.
What is that I don't even.

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
Just a little reminder of how much love went into implemting Mii Fighters:

Developmentally they are 3 different characters with one spot on the selection screen.
each Mii class has it's own standard moveset thus standard animation set that comes consistent across each fighter in a class, so 3 packs of standard animation.
Each has 12 unique special moves, totaling to 36.
Each has 7 costumes, one for each gender which is 14 bodies for each class plus 12 possible Mii colors on each,
which totals to 42 bodies, 504 textures for the Mii Fighters
And each is generated, thus scaled in size, speed and power, proportionally to the size of the original Mii.
Then the heads, which come as standard Mii assembly programming, plus 55 pieces of inert headgear.

So
3 standard move sets,
36 special moves,
42 bodies to map the animation to,
504 textures to map to the bodies,
55 hats to top them off.

And for DLC
5 for the Mii Brawler,
5 for the Mii Sword Fighter,
7 for the Mii Gunner.

So that comes up to
34 bodies,
9 hats for the DLC.
I Still gotta check how many costumes are affected by Mii colors to determine texture counts.

They tried to cosmetically sneak 10 more characters into the roster packaged as Mii costumes. :laugh:

Obviously the Mii Fighters were planned to be in Smash 4 from the start, and I love them and am super glad they're here and don't want them to leave,
But clearly they had a different development cycle to the rest of the characters to be added in, and since the comparisons are more direct and parallel than, say, a game mode, given the assets they're made of,
How many characters could they fit in the playable roster if they didn't decide to add the Mii Fighters?

Last edited:
Top Bottom