• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Mii Fighter Thread: Where You and Mii Can Talk! Mii Fighter Social!

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Part of me hates that some of their moves appeared to be copies of other fighters (For instance, you can see some Fox and Captain Falcon in the Brawler), another part is okay with that it because they have unique moves and are "mixed" clones and yet another part is very happy about it because it means that too many resources were not wasted on the three different styles.

I am very confused overall.
I think they picked some of those moves because they're used in other fighting games. For example if you wanted to make Guile from Street Fighter you would have to add the Bicycle kick. If you want to make Sagat from the same series then Falcon's knee is very appropriate.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Do the three share any moves at all, or do they have completely unique movesets?
If they have, then it means they've taken up 3 potential character slots, which is disgusting.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
From what I can tell, each Mii have 12 special moves to choose from... 12 x 3 = 36. So I don't believe the three types will have special moves in common.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Do the three share any moves at all, or do they have completely unique movesets?
If they have, then it means they've taken up 3 potential character slots, which is disgusting.
A lot of their moves are taken from other characters, it seems. They appear to be clones (outside of specials) made up of multiple characters' moves. Don't worry about it.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
"According to Sakurai during the Super Smash Bros. Developer Discussion at E3 2014, the celebrities Miis shown during the trailer (president Abraham Lincoln, actor Elijah Wood, rapper Ice-T and japanese comedian Shinya Arino) were all actual character suggestions posted by Miiverse users."

Just gonna... Ahem... Leave this here. Even if it's already been posted, just bask in this.

andimidna

Smash Master
"According to Sakurai during the Super Smash Bros. Developer Discussion at E3 2014, the celebrities Miis shown during the trailer (president Abraham Lincoln, actor Elijah Wood, rapper Ice-T and japanese comedian Shinya Arino) were all actual character suggestions posted by Miiverse users."

Just gonna... Ahem... Leave this here. Even if it's already been posted, just bask in this.
Eh... this is one of the main reasons I didn't want Miis in Smash Bros.
And not only is Nintendo supporting it, but they're suggesting it... bleh :x

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Hey everyone, I wanna ask a quick question. Does anyone know the music that played in the Reggie vs. Iwata fight, both the Matrix fight and the Smash 4 Mii fight?

I don't know if it's a licensed song or a song from one of the Wii Sports / Play / Whatever games or a completely original couple of songs. Any answer would be appreciated.

LunchPolice

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LunchPolice
3DS FC
5456-0847-1584
I wonder if Miis will need to be unlocked. They'd make sense as starters because the casual audience that would be most interested in Miis probably doesn't want to spend hours unlocking them. It does seem like kind of a weird idea though.

In any case, I'm quite happy to see the Mii Fighter. After all they surely made a LOT of money for Nintendo, haha. They didn't even cameo in Brawl IIRC.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I wonder if Miis will need to be unlocked. They'd make sense as starters because the casual audience that would be most interested in Miis probably doesn't want to spend hours unlocking them. It does seem like kind of a weird idea though.

In any case, I'm quite happy to see the Mii Fighter. After all they surely made a LOT of money for Nintendo, haha. They didn't even cameo in Brawl IIRC.
They did if you count Brawl's Online Avatars

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
http://kotaku.com/mii-fighters-were-almost-part-of-smash-bros-brawl-1593073406
"Incorporating Miis was explored in the previous game, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but I thought it over for about a minute and immediately decided against it. Since the release of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, the Mii has become an even more important figure as a personal icon through things like Miiverse. After all, it's a character you see every time you start up your Wii U, and frequently with the 3DS, so it would be fair to say [the Mii] is quite a famous Nintendo character.

We don't want the online play to become a copyright free-for-all and it's probably not as fun to play against someone using a character based on someone you may not know. It's a feature we've put quite a lot of effort into. I think it's a revolutionary thing to be able to fight with Mario or Link or Kirby with your own character. Depending on who you are, this new Smash Bros. may hold quite a different meaning compared with previous iterations of Smash Bros."

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
So I just noticed something.

Remember these Primids? You had the basic brawlers, the scope gunners, and the laser sword-wielders.

See the resemblance? Do you think it's possible that Sakurai reflected back on Brawl for inspiration for Miis?

Or, do you think the Miis planned for Brawl inspired these Primids? Either way, it's kinda hard to say, since all of these fighting styles aren't particularly unique. Still, though, it's kinda odd that no one else noticed this before.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I really hope I can make a Samurai style Mii. At least I can pretend Takamaru made it then.

SpatialPSI

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Regent_EX
3DS FC
1091-7941-1344
When I first saw Mii Fighter, I was mad. But after thinking about it and how Miis are used these days, I can't wait to try them out!

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Use the third one. :laugh:
While I really wish I could do "no nose" Miis, it gets on my nerves when you see the Mii at a certain angle and the weird nostrils nose is floating in front of the mouth. Also, my Mario Kart teammate (AKA sister. :p) finds the "dot eyes" weird/creepy. Looks like "dead dolls", she thinks. :T

I also deleted all of them already. :p

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'm starting to feel like I'm way too dedicated to these little guys and I'm setting myself up for one hell of a disappointment when they inevitably get either banned or restricted to defaults.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Or they all end up bottom tier.
I think at least one of them's probably going to be tough to fight against at times. I think the Mii Gunner especially could be dangerous in the right hands. Remember the pic of the day that showed that the Mii Gunner may have the longest reach with a Projectile that comes from the A moves rather then just the Special moves?

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Hopefully when you fight against Team Mii Fighter in Classic Mode, they pull from Mii Maker and mix up their Specials.
Hope my mom's, dad's, and sisters' Mii's won't show up. :laugh:
Edit: And at that matter, when I'm not playing as it, my Mii. :laugh:
And of course some other Mii's... :laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom