• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Maze

ALFET

Smash Cadet
Okay, holy crap.

THIS MAZE IS SO **** ANNOYING HOW THE HELL DO I FINISH IT.

Detailed walkthrough pls :(

jotun

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure you have to beat all of the characters+bosses. At some point your map will show you where the remaining ones are.

okor

Smash Apprentice
Yea, wonder around and look for the dark doors. The rest areas show a map of the maze and eventually have little Bowser icons where all of the fights are.

mcquee23

Smash Rookie
You can push start at any time to see the map too, to find new paths to go along. If you've beaten all the dark doors and all the bowser icons on the map and aren't sure what to do, you should see a lone dot on your map that doesn't have a path going to/from it. If you go to that screen, you can see a portally thing in the background that will slowly open up. When you're there, you basically just wander around pressing up until it lets you through the "door" and on your way to the last boss.

HeroXL

Smash Journeyman
AHH!! I cant even get to all of them??? theres three that are outside of the rooms and i cant find the doors, someone help me!

EDIT: the rooms were hidden...after all day of looking...finally

bored

Smash Ace
Finished the maze, makes me never want to play the SSE ever again.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
The Maze ruined the SSE imo, SSE went from this great side scroller into awesome cut scene formula.. then once "The Maze" came along it was like an hour of replaying everything you just spend the last 5 hours playing, except in a lame Maze format.

The SSE was ok overall... but im left with alot of questions...

ex. Sonic was so forced into the SSE, it was pathetic.

Neemo

Smash Apprentice
Me and my friend have been doing the Maze and went through all the Dots on the map but we have come to a point which we can't seem to find any dots at all.

Also, what are these "Bowser Heads"? We haven't run across any of these yet.

***UPDATE

We were just being stupid and playing till 3am the day after Brawl Sunday wasn't helping either. We found the dots. Still dont know the bowser Icons though.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I think the icons show up once you make a complete circle, or, connect the maze back to itself. It seems like that's when they showed up for me. This causes bowser heads to appears in all locations on the map where there is an enemy character to fight, regardless of whether or not you've reached that room yet.

As for the maze, I agree that it's terrible. All I can say is to press the start button a lot. If you're completed the maze, EVERY dot (which are doors) will either be save points, warp points, or linked with another door. Character doors disappear, so just go to every single dot that is not linked to another door. Doing this, you really can't fail. It'll just take a while.

PopeOfChiliTown

Smash Ace
Man, at one point I remember a big blue arrow pointing right, and when I'd go into the door at the end of that passage, there'd be a big red arrow pointing left.

I agree that the Maze ruined SSE for me, even though I was having a lot of fun up until I got to it.

Repryx

Smash Champion
The maze made me cry untill I pressed start and exploited the safe rooms...

-Ciao

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
So how do I make the three bowser heads that are off the map appear so I can fight them..?

Emokirby4

Smash Cadet
stupid question: What do people mean by "the doors are hidden?"
How do I make them... unhidden?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
None of the doors are hidden. Since neither of you read my post, here it is again:

As for the maze, I agree that it's terrible. All I can say is to press the start button a lot. If you've completed the maze, EVERY dot (which are doors) will either be save points, warp points, or linked with another door. Character doors disappear, so just go to every single dot that is not linked to another door. Doing this, you really can't fail. It'll just take a while.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
None of the doors are hidden. Since neither of you read my post, here it is again:
Well, heres the thing.

I got to the part of the maze where youre back at the level where Olimar and C. Falcon met.

I see a Bowser icon that looks to be at about the middle or above the middle of that level. Yet I see no doors, or no doors below the middle (you can fall down into a small area where a Towtow thing is sleeping.)

Any hints on this? That quote didnt help me, sorry

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
I spent an hour in the maze...and then when i went to pee I paused and a map was staring me in the face.

I was kind of mad. SO yeah, so spare you from my fate...

PRESS THE START BUTTON!

webrunner

Smash Apprentice
If you go around to the right, then down, then left, then up back to the starter room, it'll make another door appear there (the one you just came through) and activate the bowser symbols.

As far as doors go, basically there are:
1- Open doors - which just lead to the next area
2- Boss connection doors -which have a boss/character, AND lead to the next area
3- Boss doors - which just have a boss/character
4. Save doors - with a circle on them. They have the save symbol on them.
5- "inns" - Look like Save Doors, give you access to saving/switching, but ALSO give you the teleports between them and let you quit back out to the map. These appear in safe rooms, and are usually surrounded by platforms.
6- The Portal - between the.. swamp I think, and the samus/pikachu area (I think it's two away from the mountain and two away from the middle-top teleporter room), there's one dot that doesn't have a door. This is the end of the level and will activate once you beat all the characters/bosses (their little pictures will dissapear as you do it)

dctr_-

Smash Rookie
"inns" doors, as said in the post above.

there's 5. Find them and the bowser symbol will be apparent.

also, if you save you get your chars back.

webrunner

Smash Apprentice
"inns" doors, as said in the post above.

there's 5. Find them and the bowser symbol will be apparent.

also, if you save you get your chars back.

I don't think so.. I think you have to find the first inn door from the other entrances to it, in order for it to activate (unless you have to find all five AND do that?)

I know when I played the bowser symbols appeared exactly when I looped back around

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman
I completed the whole SSE in one sitting, no breaks. By the end of the Maze, I was talking to myself.
I REALLY hated the maze.

...but, to get through it, you just have to have a lust to kill things. Check your map often. I planned out different routes to take to get to a single dot.

Also, try to get the Bowser Heads on your map. They help a lot.

dctr_-

Smash Rookie
I don't think so.. I think you have to find the first inn door from the other entrances to it, in order for it to activate (unless you have to find all five AND do that?)

I know when I played the bowser symbols appeared exactly when I looped back around
Technically, you go all around and you'll find all 5 anyway. I had the symbols before I found all entrances to the first one.

Repryx

Smash Champion
to get the bowser heads you have to loop the maze....no point when you can do it on the first try

webrunner

Smash Apprentice
Technically, you go all around and you'll find all 5 anyway. I had the symbols before I found all entrances to the first one.

You dont have to find ALL the entrances to the stadium. I think you just have to find ONE of the other entrances to the stadium - either the summit, or the other one I forget that's left of the summit.

moledork

Smash Cadet
i played the maze co op with my bro and i had a lot of fun doing it...yea it as long but it was also really fun

Vallren

Smash Rookie
Are you people all serious? The maze, while being long, was extreamly simple and easy. If anything it was just a timesink.

How are you getting lost and confused o.O. Dots = Doors Lines = Paths that simple. Exploit the safe rooms and your good to go.

Hellbeing

Smash Journeyman
lol if you don tlike the maze you will NEVER like kirby and the amazing mirror.

its the same thing

and i find it one of the greatest, and most fun, free roam options for a 2d game ever

BlackFoxPariah

Smash Apprentice
I got very frustrated with the whole maze. I had beaten roughly half of the characters when I finally realized I couldn't progress until beating them all. Which lead to a lot of backtracking and anger. I found a video guide through google. It helped a lot. You could use the map but knowing my luck I'd mess it up.

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
I thought the maze was fun... long, but fun, if you got used to the map.
On the first run through I completed two of the four areas, but now I need to go back to the 2 flagged areas for 100%. I like Tabuu as a boss much better than Master Hand, but I hate his butterfly move that you can't avoid and is an instant kill, I'm glad they gave you 5 guys, but I had to use a continue on him.

After playing through there, I wish the neon-color could be a selectable color change for the characters.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Are you people all serious? The maze, while being long, was extreamly simple and easy. If anything it was just a timesink.

How are you getting lost and confused o.O. Dots = Doors Lines = Paths that simple. Exploit the safe rooms and your good to go.
These were kind of my sentiments. I still have two flagged spots in the maze, but as far as just reclaiming your characters and getting to Tabuu, I found it relatively easy. You just need to utilize the map.

Now, if you didn't know about your map (like I believe someone in this thread claimed), then I can see how it might be frustrating. But since it stares you in the face every time you meet a save point or pause the game, it seems like you'd get the hang of it eventually.

I find it kind of shocking how rarely some people seem to pause their games. Don't ya'll ever have an itch to scratch or a bowel movement to attend to?

47drift

Smash Journeyman
Hrm... Am I the only one who liked the Great Maze? >_>

It was like playing a Metroid game without the map acquired. Exhilarating.

And it was easy for me. I just played as Zelda and Din's Fire spammed all the shadow characters ^_^

Medri

Smash Rookie
The maze is fairly simple. Kill all trophy bosses, then kill all regular bosses.

The map is the only difficult part if you can't see the little green dots. What they mean is, "Hey, I'm another door!"

So just go to every green dot on your map and you'll be fine.

ezmoney

Smash Rookie
SSE, and especially the maze is an unholy bloody blight on the once virgin purity of SSB.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
lol if you don tlike the maze you will NEVER like kirby and the amazing mirror.

its the same thing

and i find it one of the greatest, and most fun, free roam options for a 2d game ever
The amount of looping that went on in that game made even the aspect of playing it feel like a thoroughly futile activity.

Top Bottom