• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A The 'Mains' Advice Thread

Synchronize

Smash Cadet
Mostly main Lucina, Corrin, and Falco but I also want another to put up there just so I can be more versatile.
I enjoy characters that have very satisfying hard to pull off KOs (Ex: Falco U-Air -> B-Air -> D-Air, Lucina Ken Combo, Corrin Stun -> B-Air). I'm very combo heavy and love characters with a large amount of True Combos. Someone who can continue doing True Combos after their opponent is in mid-high percent would be very appreciated. They dont need to be able to have alot of KO options and I would prefer if you can get some sort of combo off smash attacks. I love aerial attacks (LIKE HONESTLY IS UNHEALTHY) and often play mind games with constant dash dancing, perfect pivoting, jumping back and finding openings that can be punished. HARD. Some sort of projectile that can be followed up (Big ex is Corrin with her stunning projectile or Diddy with his banana). Oh right, I also have a habit of doing a quick turn before I jump so I'm always in a position to B-Air an enemy in front of me rather than F-Air. Characters I've pocketed or characters that I have as secondaries are fine. I just want another character I can get a kick out of playing.

Last edited:

Ralugi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Uranium238
Mostly main Lucina, Corrin, and Falco but I also want another to put up there just so I can be more versatile.
I enjoy characters that have very satisfying hard to pull off KOs (Ex: Falco U-Air -> B-Air -> D-Air, Lucina Ken Combo, Corrin Stun -> B-Air). I'm very combo heavy and love characters with a large amount of True Combos. Someone who can continue doing True Combos after their opponent is in mid-high percent would be very appreciated. They dont need to be able to have alot of KO options and I would prefer if you can get some sort of combo off smash attacks. I love aerial attacks (LIKE HONESTLY IS UNHEALTHY) and often play mind games with constant dash dancing, perfect pivoting, jumping back and finding openings that can be punished. HARD. Some sort of projectile that can be followed up (Big ex is Corrin with her stunning projectile or Diddy with his banana). Oh right, I also have a habit of doing a quick turn before I jump so I'm always in a position to B-Air an enemy in front of me rather than F-Air. Characters I've pocketed or characters that I have as secondaries are fine. I just want another character I can get a kick out of playing.
Sounds like:4falcon: might be a viable candidate. With all of those gimpes and the decent combos you can pull off, as well as some of the best pivots to offer.

I might be biased, but :4luigi:is naturally floaty in the air, and he has an aerial combo that can go from 0 to 60. He also has a bunch of true combos due to the hit boxes on all of his aerials. He also has a kill set up that's been nerfed, but almost guarantees a kill if done correctly. He also has another at 85%, which is extremely difficult, but extremely satisfying when pulled off. Mario has the same sort of combos but is a bit easier to use.

Last edited:

Nice_FZPSC.42

Smash Ace
NNID
sirlumps14
:4falcon::4luigi::4mario::4ness::4kirby::4samus::4zss:. These are characters if say you described kinda. All have great quick b-airs and just great aerial game in general. :4bayonetta: Also has great aerial game but kill confirm at late % could be tricky. Idk yet I don't know a lot about her but if you get a witch time then the stock is yours for the taking. Also up throw up air is a good combo that i thing is still in tact. Also a good bair will kill easily. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
@Nice_FZPSC.42 Preferably 1 because I'm of the belief that you should focus your tourney efforts on 1 character, but I wouldn't be against having A secondary. Anyone else would be for fun and stuff.

@C0rvus Yeah, haha. It probably doesn't help Mewtwo, Marth, and Ike are all good at them. I'll probably switch around between them just to see who clicks more. I like Corrin, but something about them in footsies feels....off. Greninja's cool, but as a main, he feels abit...off. Dunno why. Ryu being the footsies king is a given. That's how he is in the SF games.

Synchronize

Smash Cadet
:4falcon::4luigi::4mario::4ness::4kirby::4samus::4zss:. These are characters if say you described kinda. All have great quick b-airs and just great aerial game in general. :4bayonetta: Also has great aerial game but kill confirm at late % could be tricky. Idk yet I don't know a lot about her but if you get a witch time then the stock is yours for the taking. Also up throw up air is a good combo that i thing is still in tact. Also a good bair will kill easily. Hope this helps.
I am very interested in learning ZSS but never actually got around to actually practicing her. Played a few matches in FG and gotta say, I love her. Currently playing around with D-Smash combos and D-Smash to turnaround B-Air seems to be the best but D-Smash U-Air U-Air U-Special is also lots of fun. Thanks for the suggestion! I'll be messing around with her for a while then.

Nice_FZPSC.42

Smash Ace
NNID
sirlumps14
LordShade67 LordShade67 if you're gonna use 1 then go :4corrin::4mewtwo: or :4marth:. :4myfriends: Needs atleast a pocket for some match ups. :4marth: Could use one but can get by going solo. :4mewtwo: Is best for going solo and :4corrin: is 2nd best.
Synchronize Synchronize :4zss: is one of the best characters in the game, top 5 for sure. She will defiantly bra good addition. She dominates the air and does have lots of mix ups with down smash follow ups.

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
I know what you mean about Corrin, LordShade67 LordShade67 . I think it's because his ground moves are not as good, and his aerials are much better. He at least has a very good dash to shield but otherwise his ground game is mediocre, which isn't great for a footsies-focused gameplan. I guess he has Dragon Lunge to make up for it somewhat. If you want someone more traditional, Marth and Ryu are your best choices. Marth is looking very good these days, and he has players like Pugwest, Mr. E and False backing him in high level. So you have plenty to learn from should you decide to invest in him. As far as I know, his best 2 players are solo mains. Mr. E has a Sheik, but he almost never uses it as far as I know.
You didn't mention Ryu so I assume he's off the table, but he would be a good choice as well. Trela has been on a tear lately and the character's strength is quickly becoming known by the public. Funnily enough, False also is a Ryu main. Perhaps you two are looking for the same thing?

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
C0rvus C0rvus Heh. Funnily enough, Marth was one of the very first characters I mained when Smash 4 came out, though that was at a time when Marth was....not a good character. After 1.1.4, I kinda find myself going back to the character. That said, Mewtwo's appeal to me is that he's really the closest thing Smash 4 will ever get to Akuma. Exchanging durability for lots of good options. I dunno. I'll have to mess around with them, lol.

As for Ryu, I like his style, but I'm more comfortable with a sword, haha.

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
So just putting this here after my last post not too long ago, I made a decision to be a solo main

I played a lot of friendlies yesterday with both characters and only one of them completely roflstomp'd everyone and could reliably make comebacks when I was sitting at +150%

"The Journey Has Just Begun" -:4ryu:

Last edited:

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
Nice to see some folks figuring things out. It's good to know what you want and get it.

Mewtwo will not disappoint you, LordShade67. Ryu is a strong character who needs a lot of work put into them. Solo maining him seems prudent, Chalice.

Nice_FZPSC.42

Smash Ace
NNID
sirlumps14
Since I'm unsure about:4mario: should I just drop him and narrow down to the others? I'm also dropping :4lucario: and there's a lot of both in my region. So is it best to just drop Mario? Or do I need him over the others I'm looking at (:4diddy::4mewtwo::4ness::4sheik:) to assist my :4feroy:?

Last edited:

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
Sure, axe Mario if you aren't sure of him. You seem to have quite a few other good characters to choose from. He doesn't seem particularly important compared to the rest of those characters.

Nice_FZPSC.42

Smash Ace
NNID
sirlumps14
Thanks C0rvus C0rvus I just wasn't sure. Well that narrowed it down. Now I just gotta drop 2 more. Who should I use for my boy with :4diddy::4mewtwo::4ness::4sheik:?

Last edited:

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
Well, Diddy and Mewtwo is a pretty common and damn effective pair. So in terms of optimal coverage and effort required, they might be your best bet. That doesn't account for how much you like them or how good you are at them, though, so try them and see if they work for you.

Last edited:

Nice_FZPSC.42

Smash Ace
NNID
sirlumps14
Well, Diddy and Mewtwo is a pretty common and damn effective pair. So in terms of optimal coverage and effort required, they might be your best bet. That doesn't account for how much you like them or how good you are at them, though, so try them and see if they work for you.
Well skill wise :4ness::4sheik: I'm better with but I love :4mewtwo: though I'm least skilled with him. But still good. :4diddy: Has the style I love but not the edge guarding but it's fine so he's in the middle.

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Now I don't really care about the playstyle as long as they are not campy chars like Olimar and R.O.B, and I would like them to not be utter garbage in the game, but I am just looking for a good secondary for Rosa that covers who Cloud/MK matchup. The only projectile based character i would go for is Tink, and I like agro characters of any fashion, wheter it be spacing agro like with Marth or Sheik agro.

Nice_FZPSC.42

Smash Ace
NNID
sirlumps14
Now I don't really care about the playstyle as long as they are not campy chars like Olimar and R.O.B, and I would like them to not be utter garbage in the game, but I am just looking for a good secondary for Rosa that covers who Cloud/MK matchup. The only projectile based character i would go for is Tink, and I like agro characters of any fashion, wheter it be spacing agro like with Marth or Sheik agro.
:4pikachu: Does good against them. :4diddy::4zss::4sonic::4mewtwo: Also do pretty good.

Last edited:

Zarv

Smash Rookie
NNID
Zarvonikus
Hey guys, relatively new smasher here. I've been playing Smash 4 for a few months, and even gone to a few local tourneys to see how I stack up. However, I'm stuck trying to decide on a few characters, as I've been jumping around a lot on who to use out of about 11 different characters. All of these guys I have messed around with, like them as characters, and have a decent feel for them but I just can't put my finger on a solid 2 to 4 to just play to improve as a player and play in tourney.

Characters: :4mario::4samus::4pit::4lucina::4myfriends::4kirby::4metaknight::4falco::4greninja::4lucario::4shulk:

So far, the only characters I've taken into tourney with are :4falco: and :4lucina:, as they are my most confident picks.

From about 2 to 4 of them:
1. What would be the best combination for winning tourneys?
2. Who are the best for learning the different aspects of Smash and improving?

And how well do you think I could do with :4falco:/:4lucina: if I just stuck with them?

Thanks!

Synchronize

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, relatively new smasher here. I've been playing Smash 4 for a few months, and even gone to a few local tourneys to see how I stack up. However, I'm stuck trying to decide on a few characters, as I've been jumping around a lot on who to use out of about 11 different characters. All of these guys I have messed around with, like them as characters, and have a decent feel for them but I just can't put my finger on a solid 2 to 4 to just play to improve as a player and play in tourney.

Characters: :4mario::4samus::4pit::4lucina::4myfriends::4kirby::4metaknight::4falco::4greninja::4lucario::4shulk:

So far, the only characters I've taken into tourney with are :4falco: and :4lucina:, as they are my most confident picks.

From about 2 to 4 of them:
1. What would be the best combination for winning tourneys?
2. Who are the best for learning the different aspects of Smash and improving?

And how well do you think I could do with :4falco:/:4lucina: if I just stuck with them?

Thanks!
Well I do play with Falco and Lucina alot in tourny more so than every other character in the cast and my results have been very well sticking with Falco and Lucina. Falco just takes time to get used to with timing, mindgames, and punishing. Learning some tech like Foxtroting, Perfect Pivotting, B-Reversing, and dash dancing are essential in my falco play since I abuse them so much. Lucina on the other hand plays out alot like Marth but less spacing is required. I usually have Lucina as a second for when I want to play more aggressively in a set but once again, learning some tech like B-Reversing and perfecting your punish game is essential. I'd say stick to Falco and Lucina but if you want to actually change you characters or find an alternative I'd suggest :4metaknight::4pit: and if you really want to win, practicing with :4samus: could be worth it

Nice_FZPSC.42

Smash Ace
NNID
sirlumps14
If you want to win tourneys then play :4mario: and either :4pit::4metaknight: or :4lucario:. They will get you results. Now if you wanna use a mid- low tier character for fun in tourneys :4falco: or :4lucina:would be a good secondary for :4mario:. Also which characters are most commonly used and who are the top ten and who do they use in your area? We can help you counterpick against those characters.

Last edited:

Ralugi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Uranium238
Anyone know a good character that covers :4samus: bad matchups?

Zarv

Smash Rookie
NNID
Zarvonikus
Well I do play with Falco and Lucina alot in tourny more so than every other character in the cast and my results have been very well sticking with Falco and Lucina. Falco just takes time to get used to with timing, mindgames, and punishing. Learning some tech like Foxtroting, Perfect Pivotting, B-Reversing, and dash dancing are essential in my falco play since I abuse them so much. Lucina on the other hand plays out alot like Marth but less spacing is required. I usually have Lucina as a second for when I want to play more aggressively in a set but once again, learning some tech like B-Reversing and perfecting your punish game is essential. I'd say stick to Falco and Lucina but if you want to actually change you characters or find an alternative I'd suggest :4metaknight::4pit: and if you really want to win, practicing with :4samus: could be worth it
So far in terms of tech, I've only really been practicing Foxtrotting/Foxtrot Cancelling and I can do B-Reverses fairly consistently, but doing Perfect Pivots and consistent Dash Dancing is difficult for me. I also have yet to do the transition to C-stick being tilts instead of smashes.
If you want to win tourneys then play :4mario: and either :4pit::4metaknight: or :4lucario:. They will get you results. Now if you wanna use a mid- low tier character for fun in tourneys :4falco: or :4lucina:would be a good secondary for :4mario:. Also which characters are most commonly used and who are the top ten and who do they use in your area? We can help you counterpick against those characters.
For commonly used characters, there isn't really a set specific few because there's such a variety. In bracket I see about 20 different picks, most of them being mid to top tier. It's hard to say but I think the most common is :4mario:. The best players in my state use a variety as well, going in order as:
Top 10::4ryu::4falcon::4olimar::4mario::4yoshi::4luigi::4lucario::4yoshi::4bayonetta2::4wario2:HM's::4pikachu::4sheik::4cloud::4dk::4samus:; there is a :4mario:that would be in top 10, but he chose not to be on the PR.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Hello people.
So I've been going through a character crisis lately...I used to play pacman, but over time I've distanced myself from him more and more after seeing all of his flaws. Now I feel lost since I don't know who else to use.

What I loved in pacman (besides just loving him as a video game character) was his massive room for player creativity and high versatility. His traps and crazy projectile setups were fun as hell to pull off. I also loved that he had a huge damage output when he got going, a ledge/offstage game that kept the pressure on when people were sent flying, yet also had a strong disadvantage state with 3 escape buttons in the form of Nair, trampoline, and hydrant drop.

What drove me away was the fact that Counterplay destroyed him. Very few of my setups would work more than once since pacman's projectiles lose to weak attacks, and many of my tools can be used against me. Like I was sharing my toys with the enemy. Low range and low mobility also meant that it was hard to space properly and incredibly hard to get in without a fruit in the hand (which is already hard to get safely in the first place) and even when you did manage to get in and deal heavy damage, he couldn't kill because of slow smash attacks, weak tilts, and weak aerials. He relied on fruit waaaayyyyy too much. I hated having to play so meticulously to get my kills.

My play style is very "ninja-like" in that I love to play evasively and tricky-like until I can get in and deal tons of damage with creative traps/setups and combos. Making my opponent go "WTF" with something they didn't expect is something I love. Pacman did well with this, but because of the flaws above, it didn't work right half of the time. Guess that's what I get for playing a control based zoner like an assassin :/

Is there any character that fits all of this?

Last edited:

Nice_FZPSC.42

Smash Ace
NNID
sirlumps14
So far in terms of tech, I've only really been practicing Foxtrotting/Foxtrot Cancelling and I can do B-Reverses fairly consistently, but doing Perfect Pivots and consistent Dash Dancing is difficult for me. I also have yet to do the transition to C-stick being tilts instead of smashes.

For commonly used characters, there isn't really a set specific few because there's such a variety. In bracket I see about 20 different picks, most of them being mid to top tier. It's hard to say but I think the most common is :4mario:. The best players in my state use a variety as well, going in order as:
Top 10::4ryu::4falcon::4olimar::4mario::4yoshi::4luigi::4lucario::4yoshi::4bayonetta2::4wario2:HM's::4pikachu::4sheik::4cloud::4dk::4samus:; there is a :4mario:that would be in top 10, but he chose not to be on the PR.
Then don't use Mario. :4lucina: Can handle Mario though. I would say use either :4lucario::4pit:. They are your best bet. :4falco: Can take on a lot so you could probably use him or Lucina against Cloud. If you want to counter pick against all these characters then play :4sonic::rosalina::4zss::4ness::4mewtwo::4diddy:. Any of them could do amazing against those many foes.
I now have this game! How is Yoshi in this game? :3
Yes. Possibly top 15. Atleast top 20.
Hello people.
So I've been going through a character crisis lately...I used to play pacman, but over time I've distanced myself from him more and more after seeing all of his flaws. Now I feel lost since I don't know who else to use.

What I loved in pacman (besides just loving him as a video game character) was his massive room for player creativity and high versatility. His traps and crazy projectile setups were fun as hell to pull off. I also loved that he had a huge damage output when he got going, a ledge/offstage game that kept the pressure on when people were sent flying, yet also had a strong disadvantage state with 3 escape buttons in the form of Nair, trampoline, and hydrant drop.

What drove me away was the fact that Counterplay destroyed him. Very few of my setups would work more than once since pacman's projectiles lose to weak attacks, and many of my tools can be used against me. Like I was sharing my toys with the enemy. Low range and low mobility also meant that it was hard to space properly and incredibly hard to get in without a fruit in the hand (which is already hard to get safely in the first place) and even when you did manage to get in and deal heavy damage, he couldn't kill because of slow smash attacks, weak tilts, and weak aerials. He relied on fruit waaaayyyyy too much. I hated having to play so meticulously to get my kills.

My play style is very "ninja-like" in that I love to play evasively and tricky-like until I can get in and deal tons of damage with creative traps/setups and combos. Making my opponent go "WTF" with something they didn't expect is something I love. Pacman did well with this, but because of the flaws above, it didn't work right half of the time. Guess that's what I get for playing a control based zoner like an assassin :/

:4greninja::4megaman::4tlink: Are what you're looking for.

I re added :4zss: to my list since she is one of the best counter picks for my region of CO. (Where I blaze!) *Roy up-b joke* but I'm not sold on anyone yet. I like :4diddy::4mewtwo::4ness::4sheik::4zss: for :4feroy: and have heard good stuff about all. Maybe Diddy the most but I'm still unsure. Please help me. I'm your boy! *Another Roy joke*
Who I have to counterpick in my region is :4bayonetta::4falcon::4cloud::4lucario::4mario::4olimar::4rob::4sonic::4tlink::4yoshi: And I struggle with :4corrin::4diddy::4pikachu::4ryu: and some in the previous list of characters in my region.

Last edited:

bubbyq12

Smash Cadet
After taking the advice I was given about what character I should play I decided to use :4falco:. I played as him, but then realized that :4bayonetta2: (the character I was playing before had most of the things I was looking for in a main. Before I give up on :4falco:, I was wondering if he has anything in terms of combos or other things that:4bayonetta2: does not have. Basically, I want to know if there is a reason I should use :4falco: over :4bayonetta2:, even though I feel like they are both similar. Are they similar, or am I just looking at this wrong?

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
So I have recently started attending tourneys here where I live, I co-main Roy, Lucina and Palutena, while having Ike and Cloud as secondaries, some have advised me to drop Palutena and pick up Marth to complete the trio, any advice aside from this?

Synchronize

Smash Cadet
After taking the advice I was given about what character I should play I decided to use :4falco:. I played as him, but then realized that :4bayonetta2: (the character I was playing before had most of the things I was looking for in a main. Before I give up on :4falco:, I was wondering if he has anything in terms of combos or other things that:4bayonetta2: does not have. Basically, I want to know if there is a reason I should use :4falco: over :4bayonetta2:, even though I feel like they are both similar. Are they similar, or am I just looking at this wrong?
Are you willing to learn tech and practice things like perfect pivoting, B-Reversing, Dash Dancing, Foxtrotting, D-Air cancelling etc.?
If you are then go for :4falco:. I main Falco myself and after practicing enough, it just becomes muscle memory and I can pull off tech very consistently. A technical Falco can really get into someone's mind (Like interrupting someone's dash with a Canceled D-Air and opening an opportunity for a combo) and having the D-Air cancelling is pretty much a little bit of melee thrown in Sm4sh. He's someone I can genuinely enjoy playing as for long amounts of time and in my opinion, the most satisfying. Landing combos such as Canceled D-Air to offstage D-Air spike feels great. Falco doesn't have as much true combos as the top tier characters but that certainly doesnt mean he's more limited than top tier characters. He does feel very strange and clunky at first, and it may take a long time to get used to but, I can promise you that if you are willing to commit to Falco, you might enjoy him much more than you think.

Don't know much about Bayo since I absolutely refuse to play her so it might be a bit better to get some words from a Bayo main before making a final decision but if you want to commit to Falco, I can promise you that you'll get a great kick out of it.

Last edited:

Nice_FZPSC.42

Smash Ace
NNID
sirlumps14
So I have recently started attending tourneys here where I live, I co-main Roy, Lucina and Palutena, while having Ike and Cloud as secondaries, some have advised me to drop Palutena and pick up Marth to complete the trio, any advice aside from this?
Narrow down to 3 at most of you want to preform better. If you like palutena don't drop her don't worry about trio or character stuff. Just use who you like. Although if you want to learn Marth it would Be a good idea, and he's similar to Lucina to the point where you can use both like Pit players can easily use Dark Pit too and vise versa. Now if you want results then switch out One of the three for Cloud. But if that's not what you care about most then don't worry about it. Now keeping a pocket cloud is still a good idea. I'd say drop Ike if you like Roy, Lucina, and Palutena more. Glad to see another Roy user here!

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

Narrow down to 3 at most of you want to preform better. If you like palutena don't drop her don't worry about trio or character stuff. Just use who you like. Although if you want to learn Marth it would Be a good idea, and he's similar to Lucina to the point where you can use both like Pit players can easily use Dark Pit too and vise versa. Now if you want results then switch out One of the three for Cloud. But if that's not what you care about most then don't worry about it. Now keeping a pocket cloud is still a good idea. I'd say drop Ike if you like Roy, Lucina, and Palutena more. Glad to see another Roy user here!
Same! I have Cloud because I only use him as a last resort, all-or-nothing situation, I generally try to learn the bad MU of my mains even if they are horrible(I.E Palutena vs ZSS) mostly because I don't want to become dependent on secondaries.

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
Ralugi Ralugi :rosalina: in particular could be an issue, I believe, so you could try someone who's generally balanced, kind of floaty like Samus, and has good/even chances against both Rosalina and :4cloud:, which would be :4darkpit:. His side special is very good at knocking Luma (or Cloud for that matter) offstage, and he can edge-guard quite well with multiple jumps and quick aerials.

Nice_FZPSC.42

Smash Ace
NNID
sirlumps14
Are you willing to learn tech and practice things like perfect pivoting, B-Reversing, Dash Dancing, Foxtrotting, D-Air cancelling etc.?
If you are then go for :4falco:. I main Falco myself and after practicing enough, it just becomes muscle memory and I can pull off tech very consistently. A technical Falco can really get into someone's mind (Like interrupting someone's dash with a Canceled D-Air and opening an opportunity for a combo) and having the D-Air cancelling is pretty much a little bit of melee thrown in Sm4sh. He's someone I can genuinely enjoy playing as for long amounts of time and in my opinion, the most satisfying. Landing combos such as Canceled D-Air to offstage D-Air spike feels great. Falco doesn't have as much true combos as the top tier characters but that certainly doesnt mean he's more limited than top tier characters. He does feel very strange and clunky at first, and it may take a long time to get used to but, I can promise you that if you are willing to commit to Falco, you might enjoy him much more than you think.

Don't know much about Bayo since I absolutely refuse to play her so it might be a bit better to get some words from a Bayo main before making a final decision but if you want to commit to Falco, I can promise you that you'll get a great kick out of it.
They are similar but falco has a much better neutral. Like much better neutral. Bayo is better overall though but falco isn't far too far behind. He has early d-throw jab locks which can get you like 40% if followed up into a combo. He has a neat dair tech you should look up on YouTube I cat remember who but someone covered it. He had a great up throw combo game as well as it being a kill throw along with back throw. Both have great edge guarding and recovery. You can easily use both. Neither are to hard to use. It comes down to fun factor. Unless you want results then go both. Falco can deal with characters who beat bayo like :4diddy::4pikachu::4sheik:. But if you only wanna use 1 then go bayo if you're going for results.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Nice_FZPSC.42 Nice_FZPSC.42 one thing I forgot to mention is that Marth already has a decent amount of players here where I live while Lucina and Roy have next to none, and I know this will sound odd, but I don't know how to play Marth properly, mostly because I am used to playing Lucina as an aggressive character.

Stylish pQuesadilla

Smash Rookie
@Sinnoh :4metaknight: is the king of low lag and has sensible hitboxes. :4yoshi: would be another option, but he is an acquired taste, having the highest air speed in the game, and fast, but difficult aerials.
Stylish pQuesadilla Stylish pQuesadilla You could solo main any of those characters if you wanted to. I place :4pit: pretty low on my personal list, so don't ask me about him. If you want an easy, safe, and effective character with a more established metagame, :4ness: is a great start. And though she is difficult, :rosalina: covers \Ness's bad matchups, so you could use her as a secondary.
What is your tier list?

Dream Cancel

It's just good business
NNID
DreamXX
3DS FC
4571-1273-3502
Switch FC
SW-4309-2808-7588
Hello people.

Typically control-based zoner lack moves that assassins would usually have. You're going to have to sacrifice qualities of a zoner if you want to play more like a ninja, and vice versa.

This leads into my recommendations, which are :4greninja: and/or :4lucas:. Honorable mentions are :4tlink:, :4megaman:, :4gaw:, and :4villager:. (These are all on the more technical side btw)

So let me first say that few characters have the creativity that Pac-Man has through what you have described. I would mention other characters with good trapping games, but none of them can play different styles to decent degrees of success, especially since you're looking for a more ninja-like one.

:4greninja: is obviously your evasive ninja. He has those "WTF" moments through his flashy combos and edge guarding. His shuriken is a great projectile that can frustrate people into approaching you, which is what you want as the frog. However, this character is furthest away from Pac-Man moveset-wise, but he has great flair to him which is fun once you get the hang of.

:4lucas: Lucas is on the rise competitively, and for good reason. Zair and PK Fire let him zone well enough and his combo game is great. He has a very rewarding grab and he can play excellent mind games due to his good footsies and powerful smashes. He is more well-rounded suggestion.

I can go more in depth if you want more information, I don't really feel like going into things that the character boards have already said about their characters. All the characters (except G&W) have good mix-ups and tricks that can really throw off people.

Nice_FZPSC.42

Smash Ace
NNID
sirlumps14
After talking to my other Rpy friends in CO I've been able to narrow down to 2! FINALY! So without further a due I have :4ness::4diddy: as my sidekicks for :4feroy:. And I'll still practice :4sheik: some just cause she's fun. Now should I just use 2 (:4feroy::4ness: or :4feroy::4diddy:) or all 3? Roy is my main focus btw.

Stylish pQuesadilla Stylish pQuesadilla as ESAM said in one of his vids tier lists don't matter. What matters is what tier they are in; God:metaknight:, Top:rosalina:, High:4falcon:, Mid:4feroy:, Low:4shulk:, Bottom:4zelda:, Trash:ganondorf:. It doesn't matter if they are 10th or 12th you're still gonna rock with them, or it doesn't matter if they're 53rd or 55th they are still gonna be bad and not get good results. I suggest you watch the video on his YouTube page. It's called "Do tier lists matter?"

Synchronize

Smash Cadet
So I currently have a list of characters I main and would like to know what each of their counters are and how to beat them.

Most played::4falco:
Others: :4lucina::4corrinf::4zss:

Nice_FZPSC.42

Smash Ace
NNID
sirlumps14
So I currently have a list of characters I main and would like to know what each of their counters are and how to beat them.

Most played::4falco:
Others: :4lucina::4corrinf::4zss:
While this isn't the best place to look for this stuff you should look on each characters discussion pages, I have some knowledge on these characters. :4falco: Has bad air speed and speed in general horizontally. Vertical is amazing. If someone can deal with the laced pressure and outspend you then you're in trouble. Also if someone beats you in the air such as Pikachu, then keep it on the ground.
:4corrinf::4lucina: Loose to zone breakers for all I know and those who out zone them. :4zss: Looses to shield and Thor hard to grab. If you're precise on timing with grabs however you'll be fine. Small characters are annoying too.

Top Bottom