• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The magical painter from the stars, Adeleine for Smash Wii U/3DS!

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
Hmmmm... it seems Adeliene's getting pretty popular, anyway some people think we'll get a 3d K64 so it would be a good time to tell them about supporting her for new games, even if I personally dont care for Adeliene (I dont hate any Kirby characters) I hope she may be revived, like Bandana Dee, (if he can get revived in a remake maybe Ado can? :idea:)
I think all she needs is a meme then she'll be put in new games, like god of all bosses BDee
I still think she won't be in smash anytime soon :rolleyes: but with bitf and that new smash fan game( NO BANDANA DEE?) maybe she'll be noticed anyway best of luck :b::bluejump:

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
I found something you might like.

You know there's a rumor that Mario will be making an appearance is Splatoon. If that happens, Adeleine making an appearance might actually be a possibility.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Too much time has passed since the last time I posted in this thread. Well, I haven't lost my interest in supporting the character of Adeleine, I unfortunatelly lost a bit of interest into Smash 4, because recently I and my friends switched back to Melee.
Anyway, yeah, I'm still interested in supporting her!

There are some interesting news here... it's not much, but there are some positive news about Adeleine:

First this:
http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-ballot-poll-week-6-results-over-2-000-responses.406300/
In this poll Adeleine is getting a decent amount of votes, and this is amazing!

And the most important (but old) news: (quote from the op)
in the game Amiibo Tap, Kirby's Dreamland 3 is one of the classic games selected from the NES and SNES era, and Ado's bossfight has been selected as one of the most important scenes of the game (scene 6).
Since the full name of the game is "Amiibo Tap: Nintendo's Greatest Bits", Ado's bossfight can safely be considered as one of Nintendo's greatest bits. This is not the case for Paint Roller, that's not present in the scenes from Kirby's Adventure.
well, this is great!

look at 4:37 of this video:

If you like the character of Adeleine and want her back in Kirby games and in Smash Bros as DLC, please support her on this thread and on the smash ballot!
Keeping this thread alive posting occasionally sure will help!
Thank you all Adeleine supporters!

Troykv

Smash Master
Too much time has passed since the last time I posted in this thread. Well, I haven't lost my interest in supporting the character of Adeleine, I unfortunatelly lost a bit of interest into Smash 4, because recently I and my friends switched back to Melee.

There are some interesting news here... it's not much, but there are some positive news about Adeleine:

First this:
http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-ballot-poll-week-6-results-over-2-000-responses.406300/

well, this is great!

If you like the character of Adeleine and want her back in Kirby games and in Smash Bros as DLC, please support her on this thread and on the smash ballot!
Oh sorry, I forgot to post here (My mind is focused in my most wanted character), but I love to see that Nintendo shows Adeleine in the Greatest Hits thing <3

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman

First this:

well, this is great!

I'm surprised she did so well on the poll, she even beat Daisy.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
In a perfect world, both Bandanna Dee and Adeleine would be DLC. Not only it would be perfect Kirby 64 nostalgia, but both the non-Sakurai Kirby eras would be properly represented in Smash.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
It's not a perfect world without Dark Matter.
Dark Matter is awesome, he's one of my most wanted too; the only reason I don't mention him often is because I prefer Adeleine (like, Adeleine 100% want while Dark Matter is like 99% want) and they are both from Shimomura games, I prefer those games being represented by Adeleine (with Dark Matter drawing as final smash offcourse)... but if we can have both, why not!
If I had the possibility to put my "kirby bias" into Smash, I'd put many Kirby characters in the game:
Adeleine, Dark Matter, Bandana Dee (not a fan of the character, but he's popular so, with no limits, why not), Chef Kawasaki, Rick/the animals and Daroach (I'm on the fence about Galacta Knight, Claycia & Elline, and Gooey).
This would make at least 9 Kirby characters in the game, lol :kirby: Fire Emblem has 5, 6 if you count Robin as 2 characters.
They should definitely make some franchise themed pack DLCs, like, Kirby pack with 3/4 characters.

Anyway...
What about the scrapped content of Kirby 64? There was supposed to be a music themed minigame, and every character was supposed to be playable (except Ribbon probably)... there is also an artwork hidden somewhere in the game data that represents the icons of the animals, including the Dreamland 3 exclusives.

Probably it's just me, but I feel like if the music minigame "evolved" into the hopping minigame... probably they simplified it so much that they removed the musical aspect and left in just the press the right key at the right moment mechanics, also making you interacting directly with the environment (jumping) instead of interacting with an interface (kinda like the Rhythm Heaven series); but I think the attempt was not succesful, and the final minigame is not very fun... I mean, Bumper Crop Bump and the other one with the checkers are a lot more fun!
I think those features, or at least the scrapped minigames, should return in a remake of the game.
I want a remake of Kirby 64 so bad!

lastly, I want to post a fan art that I like very much; I already posted it somewhere else but not in this thread, so I think it's needed to make it more complete:

by professorfandango on DeviantArt
http://professorfandango.deviantart.com/art/Much-Ado-About-Brushing-520159813

Well, Adeleine was needed to make Kirby Air Ride more complete, to be honest. Why Sakurai hates her so much :cry:
There is still hope for the future, we need to convince him and the people at HAL that she's an awesome character! :kirby:

Troykv

Smash Master
Guys! Do you know about the Adeleine's popularity in Japan?

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I don't know if she's popular or not in japan, but for sure, she's more popular than in the occident.
In many fanarts with the group of the main characters of Kirby, Adeleine appears very often, so, yeah, I assume that in Japan she's a bit more famous than here, or at least she's still considered one of Kirby's main characters.

On the same matter, just some days ago, I found this on Miiverse:
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYIHAAAEAAASVRTpCXOYRA

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Is a little question, I look a little bit in Pixiv and see many pictures
Rule 34, particularly what makes up most fanart for any female character on Pixiv/DeviantArt. Then there's the idea of her being a trap or shota due to the confusion with Dreamland 3's Ado (who's supposedly a boy).

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Rule 34, particularly what makes up most fanart for any female character on Pixiv/DeviantArt. Then there's the idea of her being a trap or shota due to the confusion with Dreamland 3's Ado (who's supposedly a boy).
That theory is just a bad fan theory that for some reason became so popular that the majority of people think that it's canon.
It's fake, Ado has never been a boy, she was female in the manga of Kirby's Dreamland 3 and recently the anniversary collection's booklet confirmed that Ado is female as well, I can't see why people are unable to accept this, official information over fan theories.
Also I wish there was an official information saying that Ado and Adeleine are the same character, it's always implied but never stated properly; this would definitely destroy any gender fan theory and finally stop all these stupid debates that just ruin the reputation of the character and nothing more.

(on a side note, please let's try to keep the whole "rule 34" argument out of here, as it affects every female character in the world and talking about it would just put more unneeded negativity over the character).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That theory is just a bad fan theory that for some reason became so popular that the majority of people think that it's canon.
It's fake, Ado has never been a boy, she was female in the manga of Kirby's Dreamland 3 and recently the anniversary collection's booklet confirmed that Ado is female as well, I can't see why people are unable to accept this, official information over fan theories.
Also I wish there was an official information saying that Ado and Adeleine are the same character, it's always implied but never stated properly; this would definitely destroy any gender fan theory and finally stop all these stupid debates that just ruin the reputation of the character and nothing more.

(on a side note, please let's try to keep the whole "rule 34" argument out of here, as it affects every female character in the world and talking about it would just put more unneeded negativity over the character).
It's about time they did something about it because the whole Ado vs. Adeleine issue is one these things that makes her seem like this extremely complicated character. Nintendo does make their fair share of mistakes through localization and mixing up Ostro and Birdo's names is no different. Then again, any company makes their fair share of mistakes from simple title screw-ups to mistranslations (Mr. Flatsy anyone?).

Again, I'm not trying to cause any unneeded negativity about the character, but simply stating that not all fanart is really positive. Like how most of Slippy's fanart is based on poking fun at his annoyance or how Daisy gets portrayed as a joke because of the ever controversial "Hi I'm Daisy!" quote. I'll never bring it up again because simply there are only a minority that views it as a good thing or funny (further enforcing that negative gamer stereotype).

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I welcome with open arms ANY sort of representation Kirby 64 and the Crystal Shards gets in Smash Bros. I hated the 02 remix they had instead of just having the original, I just wish they didn't make a badass boss theme I would have otherwise loved to pieces into something so peppy...

But all was well when Dreamland had Pop Star's theme.

Kirby 64 is, still to this day, my favorite Kirby Game even if I thought it had the weakest selection of powers. In fact, give me Kirby 64 with all the powers of Triple Deluxe and it would be the Kirby of Forever for me....and maybe throw in Meta Knight too.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I welcome with open arms ANY sort of representation Kirby 64 and the Crystal Shards gets in Smash Bros. I hated the 02 remix they had instead of just having the original, I just wish they didn't make a badass boss theme I would have otherwise loved to pieces into something so peppy...

But all was well when Dreamland had Pop Star's theme.

Kirby 64 is, still to this day, my favorite Kirby Game even if I thought it had the weakest selection of powers. In fact, give me Kirby 64 with all the powers of Triple Deluxe and it would be the Kirby of Forever for me....and maybe throw in Meta Knight too.
I agree with you! (except the fact that I prefer Kirby's Dreamland 3, but really, I love both games).
Anyway, would you like to be added in the supporters list? It's always good to see new supporters joining the thread!

Jasae Bushae

Smash Cadet
Oh wow, I didn't think there were other people with an interest in Adeline. :o
Golly, I didn't realize how much I wanted her in.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Oh wow, I didn't think there were other people with an interest in Adeline. :o
Golly, I didn't realize how much I wanted her in.
Thank you for writing here and for supporting Adeleine! Well, I assume that you are a new supporter, I added you in the list :)
We reached 25 supporters! The thread is slowly growing!!

Finally! I have a little surprise for that day, I will edit this post including it, or I'll post it on a different post depending on if someone will reply or not.
I hope she will reach an high want score... It's unlikely because of the competition with Bandana Dee, they are a lot more than us, but well, let's give her a score that's as high as possible.

Anyway...

I posted this on Miiverse:
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/replies/AYQHAAABAAAtVHhnBCmbKA

It's related to this picture:

Elline is based on Adeleine, it's odd to not see her in the "classic" area... well I fixed it XD

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I never really understood why she was flat out dropped from the series, especially when she was part of "Team Kirby" in Kirby and the Crystal Shards. I never really got why all the animal buddies were reduced to cameos either when they were some of the most memorable and best aspects of Kirby's Dreamland 2 and 3.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
I never really understood why she was flat out dropped from the series, especially when she was part of "Team Kirby" in Kirby and the Crystal Shards. I never really got why all the animal buddies were reduced to cameos either when they were some of the most memorable and best aspects of Kirby's Dreamland 2 and 3.
It probably has to do with the directors.

Remember, all three games that prominently feature Dark Matter were headed under Shinichi Shimomura, who's been MIA after Crystal Shards. All we know about the guy is what's listed as credits during Kirby games; He worked on Star Stacker, and was a "Map Designer" for both Super Star and Adventure. He's a complete mystery. The Rumor Mill has it that he's deceased (RIP), though it's completely unconfirmed.
Sakurai helmed most of the other Kirby games, untill his departure. Afterwords, Amazing Mirror and Squeak Squad were outsourced to FlagShip, a subdivision of Capcom that remerged in 2007. Most of the spinoffs, like Mass Attack, Canvas Curse, and Rainbow Curse, were under assorted HAL Labs employees, who typically let The Animal Friends and Dark Matter Cameo. From Super Stat Ultra onward, Shinya Kumazaki was the director of all major Kirby releases, including Returns to Dreamland and Triple Deluxe. From what we can tell, while he takes most elements from Super Star, he is a long time fan and tries to blend the styles of as many Kirby Games as possible, such as the emphasis on solving puzzles to get collectibles that help go toward 100% completion yet not strictly necessary for beating the game, while making many cameos. He's probably going to be the next Sakurai to the Kirby series, I think.

As for Ado/Adeleine, there's also the added complication of being made in honor of Ado Mizumori, who was the official artist for Dream Land 3 and Crystal Shards. You can see her artwork in the credits. As far as I can tell, she is no longer with HAL Labs, and is continuing her work as a Freelance Artist and has moved on to other projects.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
It probably has to do with the directors.

Remember, all three games that prominently feature Dark Matter were headed under Shinichi Shimomura, who's been MIA after Crystal Shards. All we know about the guy is what's listed as credits during Kirby games; He worked on Star Stacker, and was a "Map Designer" for both Super Star and Adventure. He's a complete mystery. The Rumor Mill has it that he's deceased (RIP), though it's completely unconfirmed.
Sakurai helmed most of the other Kirby games, untill his departure. Afterwords, Amazing Mirror and Squeak Squad were outsourced to FlagShip, a subdivision of Capcom that remerged in 2007. Most of the spinoffs, like Mass Attack, Canvas Curse, and Rainbow Curse, were under assorted HAL Labs employees, who typically let The Animal Friends and Dark Matter Cameo. From Super Stat Ultra onward, Shinya Kumazaki was the director of all major Kirby releases, including Returns to Dreamland and Triple Deluxe. From what we can tell, while he takes most elements from Super Star, he is a long time fan and tries to blend the styles of as many Kirby Games as possible, such as the emphasis on solving puzzles to get collectibles that help go toward 100% completion yet not strictly necessary for beating the game, while making many cameos. He's probably going to be the next Sakurai to the Kirby series, I think.

As for Ado/Adeleine, there's also the added complication of being made in honor of Ado Mizumori, who was the official artist for Dream Land 3 and Crystal Shards. You can see her artwork in the credits. As far as I can tell, she is no longer with HAL Labs, and is continuing her work as a Freelance Artist and has moved on to other projects.
Those are very interesting informations, and I already read in the past something about Ado being a representation in-game of the real-life artist of the game, but I'm not sure if it's real... there are very few informations (I already did a research in the past and I found nothing, aside from a couple of quotes from what remains of Kirby Rainbow Resort) and in the credits of the games her name does not appear.
Also, Kirby's Dreamland 3 says "Illustrator Tetsuya Notoya"...
I doubt that there is any issue with the copyright/author of the character anyway, or else the 2 keychains in Kirby Triple Deluxe would have been removed/not present (and there is also the booklet of the Kirby Dream Collection, that mentions both Ado and Adeleine).

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey, guys. I don't know if this was ever posted on this thread, but it's a moveset for Adeleine! Here it is:

Also, a REALLY cute fanart pic of her I also came across. BTW, I've known ever since I was little that Adeleine is a girl, but in my opinion, this pic makes her look just a bit more feminine to me. Also, I'm sorry, but...darn if it isn't adorable as all heck!:love:

Heck, I'd actually like this to serve as the possible basis of Adeleine's redesign if she ever makes a full return appearance to the Kirby series! She's such a cutie, isn't she?:love:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
@ smashkirby smashkirby That picture was posted in the general Kirby characters thread (that's closed now), and some people complained about it being too much "revealing"; It honestly bugs me too.
Sure, Adeleine is cute, and for sure she needs a redesign, but I doubt they will make her more like an anime girl. I think that if she will come back in Kirby, she will be like a Poppy Bros. but with a cone instead of an egg as body.
This because the style of that artwork (the second one), while is cute, I think it doesn't fit the actual look of the Kirby franchise.
Anyway I appreciate the fact that the Adeleine thread became an art thread, full of drawings; It fits the character!

Now, I said that I had a little surprise for today:

This is made by me using Art Academy sketchpad, to show my support for Adeleine.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAAAtVHhnBHQ_uA

It's based on the minigame "Bumper Crop Bump" from Kirby 64, and I got inspired by this:

http://chenanigans.deviantart.com/art/Kirby-Challenge-13-Sub-Game-394521648

and this:

http://25x100.deviantart.com/art/Kirby64-minigame-515570309

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today we can vote for Adeleine in this thread:
http://smashboards.com/threads/rate...veterans-return.398604/page-193#post-19630265
This is the perfect occasion for supporting Adeleine!
I wrote a very long post for the occasion, and I'll eventually copy the content of it into this thread soon.
I'm thinking that it could replace the actual op, since it's better written and more optimized... I'll decide what to do with it in the future.
Now I need to sleep, I stayed awake all the night in order to post it as soon as possible.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
@ smashkirby smashkirby That picture was posted in the general Kirby characters thread (that's closed now), and some people complained about it being too much "revealing"; It honestly bugs me too.
Sure, Adeleine is cute, and for sure she needs a redesign, but I doubt they will make her more like an anime girl. I think that if she will come back in Kirby, she will be like a Poppy Bros. but with a cone instead of an egg as body.
This because the style of that artwork (the second one), while is cute, I think it doesn't fit the actual look of the Kirby franchise.
Anyway I appreciate the fact that the Adeleine thread became an art thread, full of drawings; It fits the character!

This is made by me using Art Academy sketchpad, to show my support for Adeleine.

It's based on the minigame "Bumper Crop Bump" from Kirby 64, and I got inspired by this:

and this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://smashboards.com/threads/rate...veterans-return.398604/page-193#post-19630265
I wrote a very long post for the occasion, and I'll eventually copy the content of it into this thread soon.
I'm thinking that it could replace the actual op, since it's better written and more optimized... I'll decide what to do with it in the future.
Now I need to sleep, I stayed awake all the night in order to post it as soon as possible.
I love your post in the RTC Thread!

Also I post too already :3

smashkirby

Smash Hero

and this:

I'll say this: looking at the moveset pic now, you have a point it is a bit revealing for Adeleine...:ohwell: Also, I didn't mean Adeleine should get a redesign in an anime style. What I meant they could use things like the hair. Or slightly detail her face a bit.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Reminds me of a similar fiasco that happened in the Lip for Smash thread. Though for obvious reasons, I won't say who's the one responsible for making it since he's one of the more active users here.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I love your post in the RTC Thread!

Also I post too already :3
Thank you!

I'll say this: looking at the moveset pic now, you have a point it is a bit revealing for Adeleine...:ohwell: Also, I didn't mean Adeleine should get a redesign in an anime style. What I meant they could use things like the hair. Or slightly detail her face a bit.
I agree with you that they should give her some more feminine details, so that people won't confuse her for a boy anymore, and I agree with you that they could give her a better hairstyle... I kinda prefer her Ado version over the Adeleine redesign of her hairs.
I also think that, while they should simplify her design a bit (less human and more kirby-ish), they should as well give her some more details, like MetaKnight, he got several details over the years, like for example the spikes on his sword.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.
This is a very appreciated invite, and I accept it for sure, but unfortunatelly I'm super busy right now, until wednesday of the next week I won't be able to do anything, due to 2 very tough university exams (projects with a lot of work to do).

This is a very sad day, because of what happend to Iwata; I'm very sad for it, and I will always remember all those unpredictable surprises he made during his leadership and during his work at HAL.

Though, I'm very satisfied of Adeleine's result in the Rate Their Chance thread;
33.24% is not a top tier score, but it's a very solid score, especially for a so much underrated and overlooked character.
Many people mentioned the fact that she's overshadowen by Magolor and Dark Matter, but in reality, she got a want score that's superior to both (and even to Chorus Kids').
I hope this will finally make people accept her as a valid contender for the ballot, and a valid character for smash in general.
I want to thank every user who voted with a positive score (50 and above), but also who does not have interest in the character but voted 25 or 30 for her potential, and even those who decided to abstain instead of killing her with a zero just for the sake of it, like many others have done.

Last edited:

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
I'm not much of an artist myself, nor do I have free time, but of course I was quite upset when I heard about Iwata. It came as a real shock. I wish I hadn't heard about it right before trying to go to bed, as it made going to sleep rather hard. Though there were a few choices he made over the years that I thought were questionable (mainly in regards to the Wii U), but on the whole I think he did a very good job and really tried to innovate. Given the thread we're on, I have to give a special shout out for his work at HAL.

On a happier note, I was also very pleased as to how Adeleine's RTC day went. I guess my voting her to the top didn't go for nothing! There were actually a decent amount of people that wanted her. While I don't think she'll be getting in Smash in the near future, this was a good sign. Those that didn't give high want scores were more along the line of "Meh. Not important enough" than "I hate this character!" Having a surprising number of supporters and not having much of an actual hate base is a very good thing. We definitely need to be making our voice heard in the future, starting with the ballot. We should be sure to note her move set potential; while some thought that the better paintbrush character would be Bowser Jr., his move set wasn't based on this when he got in, so that's probably no longer problem. I really think she'd bring some fun stuff to the game.

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Add me to the list of supporters please!

I think today is the day the Game Grumps reach the final boss of The Rainbow Curse, can't wait to see their reaction to the ending.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Bringing this back with this! Fwoosh!
Really good! Still, I'd personally prefer "Ado" (See what I did there?:awesome: And yes, I'm one of those people who now think "Ado" and "Adeleine" are the same person, so sue me.:smirk:) should should have a more "Kirby-like" feel to that artwork.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr

This is my fan art in memory of Iwata. It's so simple, since I'm busy and slow at drawing (the previous drawing took me a couple of months -.-).
I tried to make it as much expressive as possible.

Anyway, there is a new group on Deviantart about Adeleine... if someone has a Deviantart account and wants to join or contribute, you are welcome.
http://adeleineartstudio.deviantart.com/

Also, still on Deviantart, I found this:
http://locomotive111.deviantart.com/art/Adeleine-Colors-In-534922220
The artwork is the same as the character select screen icon posted above, there is a moveset also.

Troykv

Smash Master

This is my fan art in memory of Iwata. It's so simple, since I'm busy and slow at drawing (the previous drawing took me a couple of months -.-).
I tried to make it as much expressive as possible.

Anyway, there is a new group on Deviantart about Adeleine... if someone has a Deviantart account and wants to join or contribute, you are welcome.
http://adeleineartstudio.deviantart.com/

Also, still on Deviantart, I found this:
http://locomotive111.deviantart.com/art/Adeleine-Colors-In-534922220
The artwork is the same as the character select screen icon posted above, there is a moveset also.
Cute picture.

The moveset looks great.

Top Bottom