• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Magic has arrived!

Arc Quilava

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snowboos
3DS FC
0748-3092-2840
Switch FC
7015-6523-1723
Greetings, Smashboard....ers! It is I, Arc Quilava, who is yet another silly user joining just in time for the newest Smash installment! Surprise, surprise. Anyway, I suppose I should tell you a little about myself or something of that nature.

Username: Somewhat of a play on a username I use for a lot of other sites, (Quilavaflare), mixed with my recent passion for Fire Emblem: Awakening. Yes, I will probably regret it later, it's kind of cheesy, but I'm happy with it for now so whatever.

Why I joined: Eh, I just felt like I wanted to be a part of the discussions that went on. I always feel like I'm missing something, so I thought this would be a great way to get a deeper look into the games, how they're played, what goes on in the community, etc.

My Smash Bros. Career: Well, there's not much of anything special to put here, but I've been following the series ever since I got Melee a looooong time ago when I was... 7? Which is only the two games, but still. I don't have the "Magic Eye" that allows you to play Melee competitively, but I'm OK with Brawl from a casual standpoint, and I'm alright with that for now. All of my Gamecube controllers are sort of worn out from having used them so much for so long, meaning I'm having trouble playing either one right now however. I have never played M, and I have played 64 but do not own it. Definitely planning on getting 4, which is likely where I will be spending most of my smash time.

In Melee: My mains have to be either Marth or Pikachu here. Pikachu I've always liked, because I simply enjoy being swifter than all of my friends, and with Pikachu I can run circles around others while using a familiar and comfortable moveset, not to mention it's easy to get creative with it sometimes. I use Marth less now, ever since I found out about Smash communities and heard he was high tier everywhere. (I pride uniqueness!) But I have always thought he was a very interesting character, and I simply love being able to catch people off guard with his counter move.

In Brawl: For the most part I stick with Lucario. He can be somewhat difficult to use, I admit, but he's just cool overall, he fits my style, and sometimes you have the chance to be creative with him if you can handle the situation correctly. Oh, and Aura Sphere is pawesome.

Outside of Smash: I'm a huge Nintendo gamer. Like, seriously. I'm pretty sure I have played at least one title in every single one of their first party series (excepting F-zero, sorry), if not two. I'm also a bit of a literature freak. I just enjoy the fictional world no matter what form it takes, I guess. Exploring the outdoors, (however childish that sounds) is another thing I enjoy, and I take the opportunity whenever I can get it. However, that isn't very often seeing as how I'm still in highschool and there isn't always a way or time to get around. You know how that goes. Other than that, I'm sure you guys will find out more about me along the way.

I do hope to become a better player, however much I doubt that will lead to being "pro". Thanks for taking the time to read all of this if you did, can't wait to meet you all!

Arc Quilava

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snowboos
3DS FC
0748-3092-2840
Switch FC
7015-6523-1723
Heya! Nice to meetcha'. Feel free to ask anything of me, if anyone wants to know.
Oh yeah, and sorry I don't have an avatar yet, I haven't decided yet.
(Robin ftw!)

Last edited:

Roksys

Smash Rookie
NNID
Skolroksys
3DS FC
3496-9838-7131
Mornin' fellow newfriend!

What would you say is your favorite game? Excluding Smash, if necessary. X)

Arc Quilava

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snowboos
3DS FC
0748-3092-2840
Switch FC
7015-6523-1723
As far as Smash goes, I'm going to go ahead and be the sucker, and pick Brawl. It's probably because I've never tried to play competitively, but I didn't have nearly as many complaints with it as most did. Except tripping, everyone knows tripping is dumb. xd And I haven't played 64 since I was probably 5.

Outside of Smash... just... wow. Uhm? I've had this problem a lot. There are just so many great games that are wonderful in completely different ways, so it's hard to compare them. I can't even think of just picking one title.

Roksys

Smash Rookie
NNID
Skolroksys
3DS FC
3496-9838-7131
I hear you. It's hard to pick a single favorite anything.

I'm all about Project M for my preferred Smash, but it was pretty hard to get used to the timing after so much time with Brawl.

Overall though, my favorite game is absolutely Shadow of the Colossus. I question it every so often, wondering if it's actually as good as I remember it being if I haven't played it in a while, but then I go through it again and it totally is. X)

Arc Quilava

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snowboos
3DS FC
0748-3092-2840
Switch FC
7015-6523-1723
Yeah, if I ever get the chance, I really need to play Project M.

Oh, cool! Well, at least it sounds cool. I've heard people say it's a really great game, especially story-wise, but I have personally never even seen any gameplay on it. I guess I'm just too Nintendo oriented, I hardly even hear about anything that doesn't come out on an N console. Haha... yeah, nerdy. Sorry.

Roksys

Smash Rookie
NNID
Skolroksys
3DS FC
3496-9838-7131
It's all good. Nintendo has great stuff too, obviously. Actually there are only two things I've ever considered getting tattoos of and that's the Colossus Sigil (would link, not enough posts) from SotC and the Triforce/Hylian Crest, so clearly I think extremely highly of Nintendo and Zelda in particular. X)

Arc Quilava

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snowboos
3DS FC
0748-3092-2840
Switch FC
7015-6523-1723
Wow, yeah, I looked over a few things about the game, and it definitely sounds a unique experience. I'm sure there are plenty of things I'm missing by remaining Nintendo only, but at the moment I don't quite have the time, money, or interest to invest in anything else.

I'm not one for tattoos or anything, but that would be really cool! I'd say I'm a pretty big Zelda fan myself. If things go the way that Nintendo has promised, the one in development for Wii U may just be the best Legend of Zelda yet!

BlackHoleRoad

Smash Rookie
Hiya there Arc! Umm, since SoTC was brought up...I wanted to try it out when I was at a friend's house and he just let me screw around on his profile where he was on his way to the very last boss...without ever having played it, I just up and killed the last boss for him, lol! I really should go through the whole game...except skip the underwater boss, giant underwater things terrify me D: Nahh, I play survival horror games a good bit, I'll be aiight, lol

Roksys

Smash Rookie
NNID
Skolroksys
3DS FC
3496-9838-7131
If things go the way that Nintendo has promised, the one in development for Wii U may just be the best Legend of Zelda yet!
I certainly hope so. Skyward Sword was a bit too hand-holdy I think, so hopefully that's something they mean to address when they say they want to get back more to the series' roots. If Link Between Worlds is any indication, I think we'll have a lot to look forward to.

...except skip the underwater boss, giant underwater things terrify me D: Nahh, I play survival horror games a good bit, I'll be aiight, lol
Have you gotten to play PT?

Arc Quilava

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snowboos
3DS FC
0748-3092-2840
Switch FC
7015-6523-1723
Hiya there Arc! Umm, since SoTC was brought up...I wanted to try it out when I was at a friend's house and he just let me screw around on his profile where he was on his way to the very last boss...without ever having played it, I just up and killed the last boss for him, lol! I really should go through the whole game...except skip the underwater boss, giant underwater things terrify me D: Nahh, I play survival horror games a good bit, I'll be aiight, lol
Hello there!
I certainly hope so. Skyward Sword was a bit too hand-holdy I think, so hopefully that's something they mean to address when they say they want to get back more to the series' roots. If Link Between Worlds is any indication, I think we'll have a lot to look forward to.

Yeah, that was a pretty great game. They were headed in the right direction with that one for sure. If you ask me, the perfect Zelda though would be a modern one like we've seen trailers for, but brings back the same level of exploration as the very first Zelda game. *initiate dream sequence*

BlackHoleRoad

Smash Rookie

First day it was out. Played every Silent Hill game before that actually (not counting Book of Memories, to hell with that lol). Hideo Kojima couldn't be a better choice for the series. Couldn't unlock the ending to PT though T_T I take it you're a survival horror fan to some degree?

Roksys

Smash Rookie
NNID
Skolroksys
3DS FC
3496-9838-7131
First day it was out. Played every Silent Hill game before that actually (not counting Book of Memories, to hell with that lol). Hideo Kojima couldn't be a better choice for the series. Couldn't unlock the ending to PT though T_T I take it you're a survival horror fan to some degree?
Not really, actually, but I'm somewhat familiar with the Silent Hill and Resident Evil series from an outside perspective and when I heard that Del Toro and Kojima were on a game together, I got quite curious. I played it with a few friends and it was pretty spooky up till the end where it was just kind of frustrating. We couldn't finish it either, we just kind of ended up trudging around between the phone, bathroom mirror and radio for like an hour and a half before giving up to go get dinner. X)

Yeah, that was a pretty great game. They were headed in the right direction with that one for sure. If you ask me, the perfect Zelda though would be a modern one like we've seen trailers for, but brings back the same level of exploration as the very first Zelda game. *initiate dream sequence*
What do you think are your top 3 favorite Zeldas if you had to choose?

Arc Quilava

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snowboos
3DS FC
0748-3092-2840
Switch FC
7015-6523-1723
What do you think are your top 3 favorite Zeldas if you had to choose?
Ooh, wow, um... I would go with Windwaker HD, Link between worlds, and Twilight Princess is at the bottom of that list. Now, also take note, I am ashamed to say that I have not played any before Ocarina, so I'm basing the my favorites off of the ones I have played, of course. I recently got Link to the Past on the VC, so I'll see what I think of that one.

Welcome to the board Arc Quilava!
Thank you!!

Top Bottom