• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas Boards' MU Thread - Discussing: Sonic

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
woooow great job everyone at the input so far! This is the most active MU we have had since Fox/Peach.

I'll take a stab at this myself when i get a laptop :rolleyes:

Also Seagull we gotta have friendlies next tourny we are both at and i can really try this MU more ;D
Sure.
/off topic. I'm mad that seagull and i didn't get to play at APEX.. we talked to each other so much and never got to play. :(
We can play some other time :)

PA isn't too far from MD/VA, so I just need to know tourneys ahead of time.

M.C. Pee-Pants

Smash Journeyman
By playing both characters id say this mu is kinda even its just who ever makes the most mistakes really unless your at brinstar then id say its in lucases favor

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Well ima just go off some things facts about this MU. Please correct if I can get any or all facts wrong.

- Wolf has an easier time killing due to GR issues.
- Lucas can run faster than him (Lucas 17th, Wolf 24th), has better air mobility (Lucas 4th, Wolf 10th) but Wolf has the better maxium air speed (Lucas 10th, Wolf 3rd).
- Wolf's recovery is not good. However you will have a hardish time gimping him. Most likely wait on stage try and punish.
- Wolf's Bair is amazing but bad for us ^^" I don't know whose's has better range, Lucas' Fair or Wolf's Bair.
- Utilt Juggling(?)
- Lucas shouldn't be getting gimped by Wolf but he can have a lot of damage done to him.

I want to wait and see why others think this MU is that bad but i guess ill have to wait and see what PF thinks. ;) imo I think it's more slight disadvantage.

Kole

Smash Lord
Wolf doesn't really have a hard time killing I thought...Dsmash is great, Fsmash is okay, Bair can be good if fresh or at the edge, and Usmash and Utilt can work in situations at high percents

and in this matchup he can get them easier out of a GR

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
True enough =P I'm just going by what i've read in the WBR guide. The GR thing does make it easier.

Pros:

- His speed, range, weight and ability to deal damage are all over-average
- He can punish mistakes very well
- His moveset is very good and well balanced
- He has overall good match-up's (Uhm, no he doesn't? All of his matchups suck X_X Especially against high tier, verify please)
- He has great air speed and mobility
- He has a chain, and overall is just a ******.

Cons:

- He is easily comboed/Chain grabbed due to his high fall speed
- His recovery requires patience and smart use
- He has a hard time KOing opponents
Also isn't Dsmash and Fair his best KO options? idk im not a Wolf expert xD

Tokaio

Smash Journeyman
His F-Smash is ridiculous. -.- It goes like a mile lol.
I would think that D-smash on the edge would be a good edgeguard. It'd probably go through Up-B. Not sure about Side-B though.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
alright then =P I fixed that in that little part of mine.

Also idk about Dsmashing the ledge ;s

D

Deleted member

It's not a bad idea. Wolf
can't be as campy with lasers there, and Lucas has a much easier time maneuvering around that stage.

PSI Nexus

Smash Cadet
Outside of GR, I don't think his Smashes are too much of a problem. F-Smash can be shield grabbed or punished by F-Tilt or Jab if their close enough. If you're not pushed to far back from shielding D-Smash, he can be shield grabbed too, but the lag for it is still really bad. Lucas' Dair might be able to out-range Wolf's U-Smash.

Camping might work every once in a while, as long as you don't get predictable. I'm not so sure about this but sometimes, when I use reflector as either Fox or Wolf, if I tap Down-B, it won't reflect anything. It's happened a couple times but I don't play as Wolf often so I wouldn't know.

I'm fairly certain that Wolf has greater Aerial Speed than Lucas (tied for 4th best with Yoshi, Jiggs, and Wario faster than him).

A well spaced Fair would probably beat out Wolf's Bair, other wise, probably not. I'm not sure if Lucas' Uair beat's Wolf's Fair, I doubt it does.

I'm not so sure how easy it is to Gimp Wolf but PKT1 would probably be a couple guaranteed hits (when spaced so that Side B doesn't Speetspot hit you...obviously) at the tail. I think the Head of PKT1 can hit Wolf out of his Up-B. Keeping Wolf offstage is probably a good idea, but idk. I've never hit Wolf with D-Smash while he was aiming for the ledge against both Side and Up B's. But it might be possible, I hear that Wolf has the smallest ledge grab of all the characters in Brawl.

I don't have a lot of experience in this MU at all, so I won't put out a ratio.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Oh dear lord lol.

Who here has actually played this MU?

I'd go for 55:45

GR dsmash is not guaranteed at all. His only GR option is Fsmash, and even then you can just SDI up and toward him.

And uhm... He just flat out beats us in the air lol. Honestly if he wants a kill, he can throw out fair for a trade.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
We gotta just be patient and read the wolf player. Many of them love their back air. If you show them that you aren't gonna jump into their bair they sometimes will eventually become impatient and try something else. Thats when u punish them.

This was my mistake at MLG. It was my first match, it was on the main stage, and I played a good wolf player. The whole time I didn't think while my hands were shaking and just rushed him. He ***** me with bairs. Once I calmed down I stopped approaching and used this strat and barely lost from being down 2 stocks.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Oh dear lord lol.

GR dsmash is not guaranteed at all. His only GR option is Fsmash, and even then you can just SDI up and toward him.

And uhm... He just flat out beats us in the air lol. Honestly if he wants a kill, he can throw out fair for a trade.
I always thought he could step forward slightly before Dsmashing ;_;

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Oh dear lord lol.

Pretty much this^

I play this guy so much that I know exactly how this matchup works. Wolf cannot camp Lucas at all. But his aerials have more priority then Lucas's moves.

Wolf will kill with Fair most of the time cause a smart Lucas (Pinky Sexy Fresh) won't let Dsmash be an option.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
hahaha yup what APC said :3 that MU is even. ^^

Alright then PF/Seagull so 55:45 Wolf's favor hmm. ;D

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Bumping this ^.^

So time for stage discussion time starts now. Then by the end of this week I plan to start the next MU.

PSI Nexus

Smash Cadet
Sorry I don't know much about stages against Wolf. But I think it's about time we discuss another character, Jiggs right?

I'm pretty sure Jigglypuff already discussed their match-up against us, think that there verdict was 60 : 40 in our favor.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
hahahahaahhahaha wooooow you sir are uncanny! I was about to come in here and say I am about to close the Wolf MU by Monday due to the fact of MLG Raleigh then we move on.

Yes, the Jigglypuff's did discuss Lucas and declared the MU 60:40 our favor. No need to rush it though, relax and enjoy the MLG hype 8)

Choice

Smash Champion
against lucas you can also grab release forward tilt as wolf which cannot be sdi'd.

KoozyK

Smash Ace
*note to lucas boards, Just played a zelda player and was looking to absorb her din's fire since it was so obvious. i got mind gamed and she hit dead center of the Magnet wave. and i was hit....i watched the video around 30-40 times to be sure it didnt actually hit me.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Din's fire isn't an "energy" projectile although you think it would be. Its an explosive type attack, like a smart-bomb or snake's nades etc.

also the hitbox on that move is pretty big iirc

Boofy!

Smash Champion
uhmm i guess i'm wrong? I was just assuming, sorry i don't play too many zeldas. no need to just say "lol" without AT LEAST correcting me or contributing to the topic.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
uhmm i guess i'm wrong? I was just assuming, sorry i don't play too many zeldas. no need to just say "lol" without AT LEAST correcting me or contributing to the topic.
haha, sorry dude.

You just spoke, well typed, with such conviction.

I'm pretty positive it's an energy projectile.

Lucas actually has a blind spot when he Psi-Magnets, unlike Ness.

PSI Nexus

Smash Cadet
Din's Fire is definitely an energy projectile, which means Ness and Lucas can absorb for like 20 - 30 % (and it's so easy to absorb the thing, it's slow and predictable).

Wow, I never knew Lucas' Psi Magnet had a blind spot.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
haha, sorry dude.

You just spoke, well typed, with such conviction.

I'm pretty positive it's an energy projectile.

Lucas actually has a blind spot when he Psi-Magnets, unlike Ness.
all good.

should have done my homework before i said that :laugh: but i was like 75% positive it was right.

oh well, that's what the boards are here for i suppose

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

Since I have finally gotten my laptop back I did the Wolf summary which is now up and updated all the charts. Our next MU is Jigglypuff. <333333

We had just recently discussed this with the Jigglypuffs but I will still go contact them again. Have fun ;3

Top Bottom