• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Shrine

kaid

Smash Master
Okay, Lucario has the ability "Humble Heart". This means when he starts at 0% damage, he will be at his default speed, about average. But as he gains damage, he will become faster. He will run faster, and his attacks will have less lag. I could see this having some kind of "acceleration". That means that as he gains even more damage, the amount he speeds up increases. Like if he's at 50%, his speed will be 1.1x normal. When he reaches about 100%, his speed will be about 1.3x normal. At 150%, his speed will be about 1.6x normal, and if he reaches 200%, his speed will be double what it was at 0%. Also, at 100%, his strength could start to increase. Very slightly however.
2 words. Sudden Death.

Down B: Endure.
When pressed, Lucario will spread his legs, and bend his arms in a powerful stance. Getting into the stance will take a second (Making it instant like the shine would allow eternal staying power). Any attacks done to Lucario during this time would have absolutely no knockback, and do 1.1x normal damage. This will continue as long as it's held. However, if Lucario takes 50% or more while endure is held, he will discontinue the stance. By default, he cannot resume the Endure stance for one second. But additionally, he will add 1 second to that time for every 10% taken during the move. For instance, if he takes 40%, he can't use Endure again for 5 seconds, etc.
Interesting, but I dont think Smash is set up for moves that disable themselves. The only thing I can think of is the boomerang, and I think that simply checks to see if the projectile is still around.

Eaode

Smash Champion
I didnt go beyond twice speed because i thought of that. So in sudden death he would still probably be at twice speed.

Moves that cancel themselves? Of course you know them, its just too obvious to guess though, Shields!

Oh, did you mean the delay?? well that's on alot of moves, just not as dramatic, think of Samus's bombs.

kaid

Smash Master
All of those are pure lag. If you can do a move, you can do ANY move.

If I'm reading your proposal right, If I use endure, and stop, I can do any move EXCEPT ENDURE for an entire second.

Eaode

Smash Champion
yes, once the lag is done (every kive has lag), you can do ANY move except endure during that time.

Why is that such a problem?? We have tons of wierd moves that people wouldn't have thought of. A move with four separate vertical hitboxes, a move that lmits itself to two at a time, and bounces the character, and even moves that grab vertical surfaces. I don't understand why a move that prohbits repeated use of itself would be such a big deal....

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Hehe, I remember that I made some adjustments to your movelist, but still thanks to give me some credit Kaid. I still remember how impressed I was with your Endure move :).
Yes, Lucario has a high change of getting in. He was the first Pokémon that was announced for the 4th Pokémon generation (Diamond&Pearl). Also, since he's a Fighting/Steel type he isn't just 'another' type of Pokémon. Having 2 types gives a lot more options for moves. And say it: Doesn't our Waveguiding Pokémon look like he could wavedash like hell?

smashman90

Smash Lord
I don't know if they will have Lucario. I think it is gonna depend on when Pearl/Diamond makes it to the US to determine if Lucario will be in Brawl. If brawl comes out around the time P/D does in the us, then I can see Lucario be in brawl. Because some game developers make changes on their games when they are released in a different country. So we will just have to wait and see.

Jacker128

Smash Cadet
Wow I read this whole topic and definetly think Lucario should be in brawl. I also want to say good job kaid and black/light! Keep up the good work guys. Oh, and in English, Lucario says The aura is with me or within me, something like that.

Jacker128

Smash Cadet
Depends on how literal you are when you translate it.
Yeah that's true, it just sounds like something else to me. Oh, and don't expect a goku voice from Lucario cause I listened to Lucario in English and it doesn't sound like goku. If you'd like, I can post a link to where you can hear it.

kaid

Smash Master
So, splitting the difference between Goku and Black Doom.

Also, some of his lines... could be better. Expecially the one about the staff, and the cheezy "leave this to me" at the end.

kaid

Smash Master
No need. when you search for the character's name, and the character's thread is on page two of the search... you've won. People know who your character is.

Jacker128

Smash Cadet
No need. when you search for the character's name, and the character's thread is on page two of the search... you've won. People know who your character is.
Well, how many people actually know how to use the search function? It just keeps the topic new and allows people to contribute to keep it going; kind of what we're doing right now :p.

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
Lucario rocks I hope he is in Brawl
Being a fighting/steel gives Lucario an edge when getting into Brawl
A pure fighting would work but the other type mixes things up, like with Blaziken
Also the WaveGuided Bomb also mixes things up even more

Eaode

Smash Champion
**** it I can't + rep you again Stryks!!!

Well, Idon't have room to Sig it anyway, and I don't know who I want more out of Lucario or Ridley :cry:

Black/Light

Smash Master
Lucario fans check it out!:
Feel free to use it, just give rep!...
Well, seeing as I think people have seen enuff of my " live life now cause you don't know when your die" sign I will use this one to show my support for Lucario (^_^).

kaid

Smash Master
Due to Lucario being reduced to a 4-vote lead on Blaziken, I feel I must bump this thread to rais the public awareness of this character. Please read the entire thread.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Ewww, Blaziken. I dont even think that it looks cool. Lucario would own blaziken, even though its weak against both blazikens types :p. But yeah, lucario should have a much bigger lead...

gnosis

Smash Lord
If Lucario is added, and is fun to play as, and is a decent enough character tournament-wise, I will be tremendously satisfied with Brawl on that alone. That's how much I like the idea of this guy.

If not... well, we'll have to see.

Edit: Also, a trainer such as Red. I've always wanted to do a trainer/pokemon team =(.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
new siggy i made :D Lucario & Munchlax FTW!

^ Full aura or "wave" power

EDIT: change the name of the B + V attack to: Anticipate (he has that in Dimond ver)
B + > Metal Claw (med damage big knokback)

Top Bottom