• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario-Jiggles-Ness "leak" points to an AC character?

Peter_Parker

Smash Cadet
NNID
thomfolk
3DS FC
3368-2346-7128
So. After looking more at the pictures leaking Lucario and Jigglypuff, and Ness, I noticed there was a line dividing the power-up detail from the characters...

After the Sticker Power-Up update, some thought that there might be an AC character in Brawl due to the then-mysterious line:

But some said it wasn't anything and to not speculate about it because the Kirby picture didn't have that line:

But now think about this:

The sticker showing Lucario and Jigglypuff was a Pokemon sticker.
The sticker showing Ness was a Earthbound sticker.
The sticker showing Sonic was a Sonic sticker.
The sticker showing Kirby, MK, and D3 was a Kirby & the Amazing Mirror sticker.

I know that not all stickers are assigned to certain characters, and there is a definite possibility that we could see power-ups for certain characters represented by a sticker from a different series, but we have yet to see that, and there are 4 examples, which is much better than 1, and yes I know, there are thousands of stickers, but... maybe.

So... What could the Katrina sticker with the line mean?
An Animal Crossing character?
What do you guys think? Would you want an AC character in?
And why wasn't there a line on the Kirby Cell-phone pic? To put out a decoy?

It's merely speculation, and quite frankly I don't even want an AC character in, but what do you think?

Also, I'd like to shout out Invincible Agent b/c I took his photos from his 5-character theory thread. Sorry for doing that man, but if it's any consolation, I found inspiration for this thread in your thread.

Daniee

Smash Cadet
+13 Magic to an AC character wouldn't make much sense...
I'm guessing it's used for Zelda & Ganondorf.

greeneggsnsam

Smash Apprentice
There is also a Nintendogs sticker. Nintendog confirmed for brawl!!!11111!!!111[shift+1]!!1

Peter_Parker

Smash Cadet
NNID
thomfolk
3DS FC
3368-2346-7128
Can someone who actually comprehends what I'm pointing out here chew this fat with me?

Pikazilla

Smash Apprentice
I can't believe purin is back. She hasn't been in the anime for a long time.

Netto-kun

Smash Rookie
But some said it wasn't anything and to not speculate about it because the Kirby picture didn't have that line:

And why wasn't there a line on the Kirby Cell-phone pic? To put out a decoy?[/I]
I think the answer might be pretty simple.

The one picture showing the heads of Kirby, Meta Knight and Dedede (with no line) is taken from where you are actually placing the stickers underside of a trophy base. While the other pictures showing the heads of Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Ness, Sonic and so on are taken from what appears to be a sticker album (where the line is actually showing).

greeneggsnsam

Smash Apprentice
Maybe the thing on the 'Katrina' pic is saying something along the lines of "there is no character" etc. I think that there isn't a line on the Phone one because that screen could have been taken a while ago compared to the others?

peachy!

super princess
I think Sakurai just wanted to trick us when the Sonic music update mentiones Knuckles. If you can see, the sticker selected shows all the playable characters of each series. The Sonic sticker shows only the sprite of Sonic and nobody else.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I would absolutely love for an Animal Crossing character to be playable (preferably Tom Nook), but I dunno if this belies anything of the sort. Only time will tell. :ohwell:

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I definitely get what you're saying... That lettering only appears on stickers that have character limitations(you can see on the site one that doesn't limit the character, and has no text there), so it means something, probably used by. However, I don't see an AC character using magic, which the Katrina sticker powers, so I think it might be limited to someone not of the franchise.

jay~B

Smash Journeyman
The two images you are comparing are completely different situations,

Is when you are picking out your stickers depending on their effect

Is after you put the stickers on

Peter_Parker

Smash Cadet
NNID
thomfolk
3DS FC
3368-2346-7128
pay attention to the stickers on the trophy
they aren't all kirby but they are on his stand
Well, nice of you to point out. But we know that not all stickers are assigned to certain characters.

But those that are, so far, that we've seen, are stickers representing a certain series, with the character-specific power-ups are for characters of that same series.

Smash Apprentice
There is no doubt in my mind that there is an Animal Crossing playable character in Brawl.

However, I don't think the Katrina sticker applies to them. It specifically works for Magic Attack. Could Zelda use it? Yes. Could Ike use it? Yes. A villager? Not so much.

REDFIELD246

Smash Apprentice
Can you people not wait until it comes out in Japan? These theories are getting more and more ridiculous. Just wait a few more days **** it!

Peter_Parker

Smash Cadet
NNID
thomfolk
3DS FC
3368-2346-7128
However, I don't think the Katrina sticker applies to them. It specifically works for Magic Attack. Could Zelda use it? Yes. Could Ike use it? Yes. A villager? Not so much.
Who knows, Katrina might be the AC character... Or maybe someone gets Capt. Falconized.

Plus, what's Sakurai's definition of MAGIC? Is Mario's fireball technically magic?

Can you people not wait until it comes out in Japan? These theories are getting more and more ridiculous. Just wait a few more days **** it!
Looks like someone doesn't like fun, eh guys?

It's not like I'm blindfolded and just pointing at things on the DOJO. It's a simple speculation.
Not like I'm saying the day changes in Battlefield and the seasons change on Yoshi's Island, so Father Time and Mother Nature are playable!

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
I know what you're saying, man, and I completely agree. I had the same exact thought when I went back and saw that sticker

I think an Animal Crossing character is pretty much set in stone. We just need the definitive proof now.

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
I found something quite strange about this actually.

Look at this.

There is no 'Ike' head...
Does this mean there are more reps for the FE series?
Either that or the heads weren't added to the sticker book until afterwards.

Now look at the picture of Katrina

Ok, the letter at the far down left is a U shape?
This could say 'Unlock Character'
or 'Unavailable'?

Also btw, you are forgetting there are a total of THREE AC stickers shown.
Which could point to a bigger probability.

ANDDDDDDD
In the Katrina photo, does that say Animal Crossing: WW as in Wild World or Wii?

Peter_Parker

Smash Cadet
NNID
thomfolk
3DS FC
3368-2346-7128
I found something quite strange about this actually.

Look at this.

There is no 'Ike' head...
Does this mean there are more reps for the FE series?
Either that or the heads weren't added to the sticker book until afterwards.
Well, again, there doesn't need to be a specified character for a sticker, meaning it could be placed on all characters trophies. However, the line in that photo could point to that specific sticker being a character-specific sticker.

I'm not really 'about' the space theories saying since there is room for another head, it must mean there are enough characters to fill that space, but who knows.

Personally, I don't think that Sakurai and the team will downgrade FE to just one character.

Top Bottom