• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

007-jake

Smash Journeyman
I know Taylor and Lee could destroy him. Tim and Freddy too if they play good. If Lee or Tay ever MM him, let me get $10 on either of them plzz.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
More lee **** riding damn. I need my **** sucked next time i win a few tournaments in a row too.
I'm not saying really that Lee's the only person who could, he's just the only person I could see doing it.

I've never seen you play or your placings so that's a lack of knowledge on my part.

Fwiw, I agree with @ 007-jake 007-jake .

Tbh if Sudai was in a serious MM then Sudai could probably win too

BSP

Smash Legend
So, on a different note, are Smash 3DS tournaments going to be a thing? Or are we just going to wait on the wii u version?

'V'

Smash Lord
So, on a different note, are Smash 3DS tournaments going to be a thing? Or are we just going to wait on the wii u version?
Here's my answer to your question:

So Van has told me that the next Cove Monthly is going to be the second Sunday of October, so that would be October 12. The reason behind this is that Tom, the owner of the bar, told Van that construction of the new venue has been slower than expected, so you could say that we're trying to stall for it.

Regardless, this means that the next Monthly is going to take place an entire week after Smash 3DS comes to the states instead of just 2 days. This should give people plenty of time to pick up the game and unlock all of the characters and stages.

If we get the new room, then the next Cove Monthly will feature both P:M Singles and 3DS Singles. If we don't get the new room just yet, then we'll just run 3DS Singles. 3DS will ensure that we get as much room as possible seeing as how the game does not require setups.

So, who's hype!?

Last edited:

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
I'd be hype but I'll be in didney wurl so I'll miss out. I'll be hype to hear about how it went. We need to talk today too about something potentially for that...

Magi_

Smash Apprentice
from when I kept track with that:
it seems like the main issue with custom moves is how long it takes to unlock them (they're given to you at random through a game mode that I don't remember, maybe smash run?), meaning that not everyone will have all of the custom moves this early into the game, creating an "unfair" advantage for the people who take the time to unlock them all.

wish we had memory cards ;_; (SD cards might work idk)

'V'

Smash Lord
I'd be hype but I'll be in didney wurl so I'll miss out. I'll be hype to hear about how it went. We need to talk today too about something potentially for that...
Sounds good to me. Hit me up.
I've been curious about something for a long time. What are all the TO's stances on custom moves?
Pretty much how I plan to handle custom moves is by having them banned until enough time has progressed to where most TO's have safe tourney results with them. Shouldn't be more than a month after the release of the game, to be quite honest. Most people should have most of moves unlocked by then.

Last edited:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
from when I kept track with that:
it seems like the main issue with custom moves is how long it takes to unlock them (they're given to you at random through a game mode that I don't remember, maybe smash run?), meaning that not everyone will have all of the custom moves this early into the game, creating an "unfair" advantage for the people who take the time to unlock them all.

wish we had memory cards ;_; (SD cards might work idk)
That's a silly reason.

Magi_

Smash Apprentice
Actually, the week after the 25th would be the 1st of November, so technically speaking the 2nd to last weekend (saturday specifically) of Oct IS the 18th.

VVB

SD Champ
Ah yeah, I see what you're saying.

Any time tournaments are scheduled, all of the TOs ask each other if those dates conflict with anything - I think I got some mixed signals. Might be moving it back a week...

Robert Lee

Smash Apprentice
Custom moves seems really interesting and cool. More ways to enjoy Super Smash Bros. Reminds me of changing special moves for different ones unless it's something totally different from the way it sounds!

TFerg

Smash Apprentice
My wallet and work schedule cannot handle all these delicious Saturday tournaments.

1-800-plz-halp

Clearly the only solution is to git gud and actually win money

Last edited:

Robert Lee

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, so many events to keep up with. With names like godlike, rofl, and ping, I wonder what the name means or represents? I'm always curious about who came up with those event names.

artofskjet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
napperflames
3DS FC
4141-3810-2708
Hey guys I'm back from being sick and found out I actually got 10th in Pm and Not 12th at the Godlike :)

Top Bottom