• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Remember guys, the Open World tourney today starts at 5! Their address is 2355 Florida St., Mandeville, LA

I wonder how many of their guys will come back...

ChKn

Smash Ace
What the **** is this forum doing to my post.

I pretty much agree with his points, aside from the stages. Unless a ****ton of the stages are SV-esque, there will be controversial stages. What I hated about this generation was that we had so much bull**** and never-ending arguments on what different aspects of the rules should be (banning MK, timer, stages, etc.). TOs just need to have the conviction to try and see what works and doesn't work for their community and not themselves. Until we get there, however, I don't think progress can truly be made.

Each region has different mentalities, which offer a different perspective on how to make an appropriate ruleset, so Xyro's idea to travel often will flow into the stagelist. Southern TOs should probably unite and see what's the best method of running tournaments.

Our saturation of tournaments will probably end once Smash 4 comes out. We're just pretty much rebuilding at this point.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
Some Project M action in Shreveport was had tonight. Roger hosted; Lance and I went over there to play some matches for a good couple hours. I'll see if I can get them to go to a BRM or something soon enough. They should be on Smashboards soon, if not already as well.

Shreveport has a growing Smash scene. Get on our level! /stillhandfulofpeople

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
I have been wanting to go to Shreveport for so long now. Gunner has been telling that we will hang out but I never have the gas! If you guys could just bring your smash goodness one city over that would be greaaaaat!

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
We can definitely see about that. You know a place where we can all go? It would probably be 3 or 4 of us plus you, if not more.

jrazor2001

Smash Rookie
:?: I have never been in a smash tournament and was wondering if anyone has one coming up around baton rouge...Specifically brawl :gw:

jrazor2001

Smash Rookie
Where is this Open world place? Any tournaments around baton rouge coming up?
I hate to inform that Get Hype is canceled this month. Our venue is booked for all August and our fallback which would have been Chuck's wasn't able to accommodate us this time around. However, in light of canceling, we do have the September Get Hype booked. September 21st.

Also for when we get to October, if I can manage to, my plan is to cancel the October Get Hype, and just host Voodoo Smash on the Bayou in its place the following week. Reason being, October Get Hype is the weekend of WHOBO 5 so I know nobody will show to Get Hype that weekend.

And yeah, I went to Open world with Bman and Jnig tonight, I live 10 minutes away from it. Had some fun, though my weakness of playing noob players was really exploited. Still came in 4th. Could have beat the "best guy" there but I couldn't get my act together in time. Noob players just don't play logically, so it throws me off. But it's cool, I had fun, I'm still going to go back more this year, and I'll hold 1st place down when Bman and Jnig aren't around. I know with Open World being around, I'll bring some (or try to) new blood into the scene. Some of the guys actually aren't bad per say, they really would just need to play competitive to really building their potential.

That's all I have to say for now.

PS- Gonna win me some money at Whobo 5. Y'all get ready.

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
September 7th is our next Baton Rouge Monthly. No thread yet but it should happen very soon.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
:?: I have never been in a smash tournament and was wondering if anyone has one coming up around baton rouge...Specifically brawl :gw:
Hey new guy. There's people around here that you can play until the next tourney. And don't think this is a weird question, but how old are you?

D

Deleted member

"how old are you" is now a valid question in the smash community. one day ill be like 35 hanging out with like 14 year olds teaching them melee. and it will be weird as hell.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Do you know what the Atlantic Ocean is?
I meant near the EC lol.

That's a bit general when classifying a region since it encompasses such a large stretch of land. Gulf Coast would probably be more appropriate albeit a few states would be left out. It's all irrelevant I suppose.

Awstin

Smash Rookie
Sup yall,
I posted in the facebook groups, but why not post here too?

I'm gonna have a smashfest sometime in the near future, let me know when is good for you guys.
Oh yeah, no brawl. :3

Awstin

Smash Rookie
Yeahhhhhh, I had a very busy summer, but now I'm not so busy and in a very smash-hungry mood.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
"how old are you" is now a valid question in the smash community. one day ill be like 35 hanging out with like 14 year olds teaching them melee. and it will be weird as hell.
I figured some other old **** would understand the question.
Im 25. When do you usually play?
Me? I don't really play much. Don't even own a Nintendo product. I was just letting you know that some folks play pretty often between tournies, although it seems to have slowed down this month.
It's funny how when summer ends we start getting more active
Buttfumble.

D

Deleted member

I figured some other old **** would understand the question.

Me? I don't really play much. Don't even own a Nintendo product. I was just letting you know that some folks play pretty often between tournies, although it seems to have slowed down this month.

Buttfumble.
by slowed down this month you mean you didnt go to the shrimp because you're an old fraud

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
by slowed down this month you mean you didnt go to the shrimp because you're an old fraud
Alright guy. Put your bifocals on and read the post again. Now that you read it correctly you'll understand my sarcasm when I say "Oh, I thought for sure the Shrimp was a tourney." And I'm sorry I missed the Shrimp.

I hope Dirty Mark Sanchez plays for the J-E-T-S forever, dude's hilarious.

Top Bottom