• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

007-jake

Smash Journeyman
To, I'm from south Texas but am living in baton rouge at the moment, I would like to know if there are any smashers (melee) around the area or in driving range like 30 min away or so... Or if there are any big smashfests or melee tournaments coming up, hope to meet some louisiana peeps

:phone:
Yoo Im always down for melee if im not in school/working. 337-224-1028, if you wanna play

BSP

Smash Legend
Thanks Bomber

There's nothing wrong with lurking

remember that old saying? You've got 2 ears and one mouth for a reason XD

Sudai

Stuff here
If I did a P:M smashfest at my house some time this weekend, who would be down and when? Any day from Friday-Monday is acceptable (I have a long *** weekend woop woop)

Sudai

Stuff here
<3<3 I totally would have come down to your tourney but I was wiped out from 4/20 and had to recover+do homework :[

When would be good for y'all? We have to celebrate together. Might be a week late but better than never. Haha

Sudai

Stuff here
Do you mean you're down to travel to BR for it for a smashfest or that you just wanna play? lol

If you're down for the fest then I guess it's looking like Friday. Unless RickyB/r0ni can't come then cause they were the first to say they were down. lol

eet

Smash Ace
its cool, Tim (rsia) never posts or read the forums but he loves melee more than anyone i know except maybe like freddy or lee, who can play smash for 12 hours straight and still keep talking enthusiastically about it. x.x

Esotera

Smash Apprentice
For anyone interested, they'll be a smashfest at our place on Thursday night. Li-d, Byron, and Freddy have agreed to show up already. Come if you can!

:phone:

-Ran

Smash Master
Is there no Luigi? I am not impressed. I'll play when there is more Luigi.
For years, Luigi players have boasted of their ability to tame and control his misfire - a powerful attack that occurs randomly when using his Green Missile side special. In Project M, those are no longer idle boasts. Using a Green Missile is now more akin to playing Russian Roulette - spin the barrel at the start of a match and within six "shots", Luigi will misfire. When a misfire is about to occur, Luigi flashes green before detonating. If a Green Missile is charged past the duration of this flash then the attack will return to normal, and the misfire will be stored for the next Green Missile. Letting a misfire go off "spins" the barrel again of course. Since a misfire can be stored any number of times, Luigi can now control precisely when and how he uses it - changing it from a roll of the dice to a lethal certainty.
One of Luigi's key weaknesses in Melee was the combination of his strange physics and challenging recovery. His low traction and sluggish aerial agility made him vulnerable to all sorts of gimp set-ups, and his recovery… well it could require a lot of effort just to return to the stage, and the difficulty could increase exponentially if there was an opponent guarding it. In Project M, this weakness has been addressed by increasing the margin for error in his recovery. His Green Missile can now sweetstpot ledges, his fireball travels far enough to help cover his return, and he retains his aerial mobility after his Super Jump Punch. More importantly, the Luigi Tornado no longer requires a "charge" by performing it on-stage before it can be used as a recovery move. It's also less strenuous to mash the special button to get it to rise, and Luigi can act out of it earlier. Recovering with Luigi just got a little bit easier.
He's there. :)

Sudai

Stuff here
It would have been easier for you to type "Project Melee" in to google than it would have been to ask us on here, so no.

And before any of you call me a hypocrite because I do the same thing as Curlz just did from time to time, you *****es don't gotta answer. ;D

Top Bottom