• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

_D._

Smash Apprentice
just BC I play mk dosent mean that I'm a follower, so say what you want arc I'm done.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Metaknight. In Louisiana, practically only two people play MK, Lee and I. Lee will win all the tourneys no matter which character he picks, and my placing in tourneys probably isn't affected by whether or not I use MK. None of you even travel out of state anyway, so you wouldn't be worried about losing to out of state MK's. Also, most people out of state are better anyway. Banning MK in LA serves no purpose and will change nothing. He's just a fun character for some and taking their fun away is dumb. If I beat you, I will still beat you with Peach or Marth. If I don't beat you then why are you complaining?

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
I'm not going to criticize your points Greg, mainly because some of them have been already covered or proven wrong in earlier arguments (who uses MK, traveling).

It's just that...Can you truly say you'll beat the same people you beat with MK, without MK?

And taking their fun away... really? Playing against MK takes fun away from people too, you know. Just ask anyone who says they've quit specifically because of MK.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
I'm not going to criticize your points Greg, mainly because some of them have been already covered or proven wrong in earlier arguments (who uses MK, traveling).

It's just that...Can you truly say you'll beat the same people you beat with MK, without MK?

And taking their fun away... really? Playing against MK takes fun away from people too, you know. Just ask anyone who says they've quit specifically because of MK.
I've been playing long enough to determine how a matchup will go vs the same people I play in LA every tourney. I'm pretty confident that I will beat the same people. Seriously, whether I pick a different character or not really doesn't make much difference. I just use a playstyle specific to that character and it's the same **** with different moves. It all depends on the player's understanding of how to use their character and the universal aspects of the game. When I beat people it's usually because I have a better understanding of the game in general, and the same goes for when I lose. As for traveling, who in Louisiana travels anymore? I also don't understand the "who uses MK" thing. Obviously, you can go see that MK wins like 80% of the Brawl money and is used FAR more often than any other character. This argument doesn't really hold for Louisiana. Like I said, practically 2 people use MK; and Lee will always win.

Toon Link
Wario
Falco
Diddy
Donkey Kong
Sonic
Snake
Marth

At least all these characters plus more that I can't think of are played in Louisiana tourneys. Many of the people who play these characters place well. John, Jnig, that Sonic kid. I just don't see how MK is affecting our scene much at all. No MK means more characters are viable, but people still won't pick those characters and will opt for the higher tier ones.

I really don't care which way this whole debate thing goes. Having the option to play MK is nice. To be honest, though, I much prefer playing Peach. I really can't play Peach though because MK ****s on her. Other than that her only other unmanageable matchup is Snake for whom I have Marth. Marth vs Snake as opposed to MK vs Snake I feel is about the same difficulty anyway. I'm just saying this to show that I'm not completely biased ya nuu.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
I'd enter a Brawl Jiggz only tourney.
I'd enter your mother. Any orifice, it's her choice.

arc say you want I'm done just BC I play mk dosent mean that I'm a follower ****
There's a lesson here: Don't drop acid before you use a computer. Either you're high, dude, or you're illiterate.

1.Metaknight. 2.In Louisiana, practically only two people play MK, Lee and I. 3.Lee will win all the tourneys no matter which character he picks, and my placing in tourneys probably isn't affected by whether or not I use MK. 4.None of you even travel out of state anyway, so you wouldn't be worried about losing to out of state MK's. 5 Also, most people out of state are better anyway. 6. Banning MK in LA serves no purpose and will change nothing. 7.He's just a fun character for some and taking their fun away is dumb. 8.If I beat you, I will still beat you with Peach or Marth. 9. If I don't beat you then why are you complaining?
Alright, I don't like to argue with you, Batto, cuz you're moody as **** and I'm an *******, but I gotta stop you here. I've placed numbers in front of each sentence of your paragraph, and I will address them accordingly.
1. Sentence one is broken as ****
2. Bull****
3. The first half has proven to be true against all conjecture, though it might not be true forever. The second half would have to be fact checked, but I'm lazy, so I won't call bull**** just yet.
4. Bull****
5. All people out of state are not better than all people here. Lee competes with the top tier, and our next tier competes with the next tier of other states. You saying JNig and Highro can't compete with Texas or Florida, or something weird like Ark or Miss?
6. We will see.
7. He's just an ******* character for some and taking their fun away is dumb. That was easy enough.
8. a) Bull**** and b) Bull****
9. a) Pick MK, b) Press buttons, c) ???, d) Profit. There is no lose in that equation. Otherwise, we wouldn't be banning the muh****a, would we
Everyone, take a lesson from the previous two quotes. Don't drop your pants and take a dump on the keyboard. People are gonna call out your bull****.

Edit: Oh, and nice pic

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Could yall direct this argument to the NOM thread? It'll get popular!

And thanks Ice Mann for doing what I'm too lazy to do.

And this whole "Lee wins anyway" mentality is terrible. Do you guys still think that? Do yall think that about me? What must I do to erase these awful habits?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Then what? I bet it'll become "Lee or JNig wins anyway." Still terrible.
nope. it'll become "JNig can beat Lee, and i can beat JNig, so ill just make sure you and lee meet before you and i meet, and everything will be ok."

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
JNig, no offence, but beat Lee in 3 or 4/10 tournies and I'll stop assuming Lee will win all LA only tournies.
Yes sir.

nope. it'll become "JNig can beat Lee, and i can beat JNig, so ill just make sure you and lee meet before you and i meet, and everything will be ok."
But who else can beat me? MUHAHAHA

lol, I see your point.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I got jewed too much in this game and I hate it anyways... and I wasn't good.

Why would I try to improve where my char is "uber gay no fair lame"

But camping me in the air for 8 minutes or gimping me is applaudable..

**** THAT **** YO IM PLAYING LOL + HON + DOTA2

BSP

Smash Legend
We'll catch Lee

....eventually, but I already know my problem is not playing everyone else enough.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
I got jewed too much in this game and I hate it anyways... and I wasn't good.

Why would I try to improve where my char is "uber gay no fair lame"

But camping me in the air for 8 minutes or gimping me is applaudable..

**** THAT **** YO IM PLAYING LOL + HON + DOTA2
I raise you with

Why would I try to improve where my char is "stoopid fart floaty dumb"

But grab releasing me for every kill or missing a fart is applaudable..

Don't give me that.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I think that is equally dumb.

Also you 3 stock me every tourney for 2 years now as I flounder around not knowing the matchup.

Pointless.

I pick up lol for a year and my esl team gets to 2nd round on our first try :/

D

Deleted member

"I pick up lol for a year and my esl team gets to 2nd round on our first try"

so you won one game against some other random nooby team? gj lol

edit::

that was kinda mean. but what i meant was LoL shouldnt be compared to any other game ever, nor does your win loss ration or kill death ration mean much at all. the community is horrible and there are way to many bad players with large numbers of wins because they still dont have a good match making system.

Turazrok

Smash Master
"I pick up lol for a year and my esl team gets to 2nd round on our first try"

so you won one game against some other random nooby team? gj lol

edit::

that was kinda mean. but what i meant was LoL shouldnt be compared to any other game ever, nor does your win loss ration or kill death ration mean much at all. the community is horrible and there are way to many bad players with large numbers of wins because they still dont have a good match making system.
Fair enough, but I have been successful on the level of people... It's like I got an even start ya know?

I start melee years after other people.. I will never be as good as macd or vanz in melee. I can be as good or better in lol ya?

It's like I missed the timing. IDK. johns.

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
If a head start means so much to you and you're interested in dota 2, go to their website and log onto your steam account to sign up for the beta. Beta players in any game always get a leg-up for the first 3 months of competition.

Wiggins

Smash Ace
I start melee years after other people.. I will never be as good as macd or vanz in melee. I can be as good or better in lol ya?

It's like I missed the timing. IDK. johns.
I started playing melee years after everyone else did, too. But I'm starting to catch up a little. I'm still not really beating any of the top Louisiana folk(Taylor, Lee, Ken, Kyle or even Sudai), but I'm starting to be able to hold my own. Compare that to the first play n trade tournament I went to last year(In February) and I'd say my progress isn't all that bad. Don't think that just because you started after everyone you can't eventually catch up.

LasT was one of my best performances at a tournament. Yea, it didn't show in my pools(god damn Wobbles, Patrick, Avery and Sudai). But all the friendlies I played that day made me get at least 10 times better than I was when the day started. And I was playing against people who had been playing for years before me(I assume anyways). Just ****ing play and practice and you'll get good. It's fun as ****.

/serious

So who's seen that anime "Sekirei?"

Wiggins

Smash Ace
I watched season 1(the first 12 episodes) today on Netflix. It wasn't bad, I thought. Too much fan service. lol

"Grrr. I'mma beat you up and in the process your clothes are gonna ALL come off and you're **** are gonna bounce around, lolk?"

I liked it, though. Pretty cool fight scenes and it was funny as hell.

Top Bottom