• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

D

Deleted member

id be infinitely more willing to attend a tournament in baton rouge (heard mention of laser tag)

but in response, i don't think it's the $5 entry fee that makes people not enter (like hyro said i think. didnt read that whole post). if it was like $20 then yeah totally, but i dont think people mind at all paying $5 just to see where they stack up in the community, and support the community financially (especially considering we're all a lot older than when this started, most of us with jobs, ect). i think the dwindling community has way more to do with free time. people in lafayette dont want to drive to n.o. and people in n.o. dont want to drive to laf. (unless of course they're really likely to win money). and i feel like people in br dont care to drive anywhere because we are the laziest city. i think if we all lived within 20 mins of each other tournaments would still be big. idk about for brawl, but for melee i would say so. i dont know how to solve this problem or anything, i just think time spent driving and free time in general, combined with laziness and other priorities are much bigger issues than the $5. cyphus just a cheap ***. CHEAP ***

ChKn

Smash Ace
We should hype up tournaments in their respective threads. Would type more but my hand fell asleep.

EDIT:

Got the feeling back. We should hype up tournaments in respective threads as opposed to talking about it in here. Also, some communication would work. I never know who the **** has some plans to show up until hours before the tournament.

Savon

Smash Ace
He is calling you a homosexual, and a ****ty one at that.

He is clearly amazed by your ability to hold casual conversation despite the large quantity of male reproductive organs in your mouth. Normally such a large amount of these would make it difficult to talk, but he clearly sees you as an exception.

D

Deleted member

yall are making trey into the new pickles. thats lame. shouldnt do that to people, but if you are going to, it should be savon for sure.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
17year old black kid with a mustash and gotee. I mostly play SSF4,KOF, and GG. I have a fight stick and i was at the last torny
lol, everyone joining the scene seems to be a 16-18 year old black kid.

Btw, I'll be heading out to dibbz at around 2, and I'll also be driving myself so I can go other places as well (finally).

Dr.Faust

Smash Cadet
I'll be there form 2 to about 7 so yeah maybe. see yall there. i also got my fightstick if any one wants to bring a consal, and my buddy olin is bringing is copy of mvc3 too. also pleas BYOC.

Avery

Smash Cadet
LOL lee mentioned garvix last night, I didnt even know he existed.

Also why cant turaz and savon be the new pickles? We shouldnt dishonor pickles legacy by only passing down the disrespect to a single person y'know

I may come to dibbz today, went last night and Im low on gas so idk.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Alright, couple questions I'm sure everyone's gonna want answered. What the **** is Fortune? Who the **** is FPDav? Who the **** else would have won? I had a tourny today at the apt with just me and my GF. I won. That means Team ****YouSenseless got the top spot in this tourny we went to. Also, your name is Flounda, and you will address yourself as such. Ooh, nother question we (as Team FYS) want answered, didn't Curlz quit foreva?

ChKn

Smash Ace
Fortune is the crew of myself, Blaise, Mastermajora, and FPDav(DK main). Curlz has his own crew ppl and has been practicing the game a bit lately(from what I heard).

For the first time ever, I'm content with losing a match lol. Someone needs to slap some sense into me.

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
Fortune has 2 DKs, that's all you need to know. FPDav is a DK player that gets the hardest bracket just about every tourney. Tonight he beat a metaknight player named Fang that sent me to loser's in the previous locals tourney using a frickin DK fair out of nowhere. Nobody expects the fair, its so slow you CAN'T dodge it so its the perfect comeback move. As for "who could have won?" I haven't won a Lafayette Play-N-Trade tourney since like 2009 and this is the first time I've beaten Curlz (that bs 6-man tourney withstanding) this year. Last two tourneys where I split the prize with Chkn he had sent me to loser's so this is my first time beating him this year also.

Now here's the real mystery, why did Curlz enter as Batto? Cause if that's the new fad I'm going as Iceman next tourney.

Top Bottom