• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Die and get hit by a bus. In that order.

Blomber, what's wrong with MVC? I think it's pretty boss.

Sudai, quit cursin. That **** gets old dude

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=300143

In case you guys are interested, HOBO 31 is THIS weekend in Houston TX. Regular 1vs1/2vs2 will be there as well as a side event of PKMN BLK/WHT and LT+MT singles(if we have time). If you wanna go or just wanna check out the cool gif i always post, head to the HOBO 31 thread and check it out!

-Ran

Smash Master
You can text me at 504-427-4457. Don't call though. I'm on my dad's family plan at the moment, so I don't want to use too many minutes.

FPDav

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3540-0127-1121
Since that Resist the World Order tourney is canceled, you should funnel all the attendees to Louisianime for that smash tourney, Curlz.

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
Should I go ahead and buy Pokemon Black? If I go to a tournament I'm just gonna run stall teams. Would that make people miserable or would it be okay? Also is there a B/W sim out yet?
Stall teams suck in B/W, everything's like aggressive attackers in this gen it's ridiculous. Pokemon Online is the sim I use.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Haggar still better
No doubt. Double Lariat opens up a lot of chars' games.

Should I go ahead and buy Pokemon Black? If I go to a tournament I'm just gonna run stall teams. Would that make people miserable or would it be okay? Also is there a B/W sim out yet?
Make sure you check out the list of Pokemon for each game. Nidoking is in White, so I'ma pick that up fo sho.

Sudai

Stuff here
He's an ice sculpture that was carved by Chuck Norris. It was such an awesome sculpture that it refused to melt, learned English, figured out how to move despite being ice, and now goes around being a bamf.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
what... did you think it was just a coincidence? of course i did.

BSP

Smash Legend
Since that Resist the World Order tourney is canceled, you should funnel all the attendees to Louisianime for that smash tourney, Curlz.
We need updates on this, because AFAIK, nothings happening at Lanime.

Prom and ACT this weekend for me, so no smash.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
I heard he fights like Ghandi and ****s like Peter North. That's what I heard. How much does a DSi or something cost? I don't feel like getting an expensive DS just for Pokemon.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
3DS is 250, DS Lite (cheapest DS you can get) is about half that.

D

Deleted member

im just curious as to what makes cyphus and avery think avery is noticeably better than everyone except lee. (for the record, i am never referring to kyle or myself if i ever discuss anything like this) tim said last nom he money matched avery and won pretty decidedly. also eric said he beat avery in tournament like 3 noms ago (which, granted, is a decent amount of time ago) im also not saying like damn avery sucks, or even trying to claim that he's not better than these other players, just wondering where the thought process came from, especially since avery and cyphus both think so.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
im just curious as to what makes cyphus and avery think avery is noticeably better than everyone except lee. (for the record, i am never referring to kyle or myself if i ever discuss anything like this) tim said last nom he money matched avery and won pretty decidedly. also eric said he beat avery in tournament like 3 noms ago (which, granted, is a decent amount of time ago) im also not saying like damn avery sucks, or even trying to claim that he's not better than these other players, just wondering where the thought process came from, especially since avery and cyphus both think so.
avery has gotten 2nd the last 4 tournaments, at least. I'd say he puts up a better(if not more consistent) fight vs lee, than the rest of us, too. iunno, i think that covers it.

Avery

Smash Cadet
I love your posts :D

I dont know what he said, but "decidedly" must mean different things among us. Our money match was a three out of five, tim won the first two matches, I ***** the third match, won the fourth, then our set finished on the 5th match last stock with tim taking it. Tim has a great play style and everytime it play him its a challenge to adapt. Those 5 matches were the only 5 times Ive played his falco in months. My course of action preceeding our mm was playing smash from 12-8pm that day, getting obnoxiously high which I feel debilitates me on a broad scale, and coming right from beating freddy in a mm whom Im sure you could agree has a very different style, no johns but Id easily say I was past the point of playing my best that day.

I understand where you're coming from, and its reasonable. You've only been bringing up the fact you thought tim (specifically) was better for about half a year now. You have watched and played tim for years at this point, idk if you still do but its safe to say you are familiar with his play style.

On the other hand, you've seen me play here and there at tournaments. Recently the one you watched me and played me at was the tournament at ULL. Since then things have changed a good bit and you dont take that into account much. In my opinion my play style is just blooming and its not anywhere near developed yet, however in between tournaments the people who are active often make comments that Im noticeably getting better. I know its impossible for you to pick up on this, but the fact that Im having my biggest spurt of getting better right now, coupled with my getting 2nd at like at least 7-9 tournaments recently(what the PR is supposed to be based on) aside from the single one eric knocked me out at, and that imo and others I probably have a more mature play style than tim, would be why me and cyphus rank me separate.

I'd ask you to play me yourself or simply show up at a tournament ( next noms at 6 lol), but I know thats unreasonable. If you were active then maybe you'd have a varied opinion, thats also hard to believe because you're so critical and have been judging me from a far since I started playing. Whateva shrimp leatha

Also : (for the record, i am never referring to kyle or myself if i ever discuss anything like this) I loled :D

-Ran

Smash Master
My Melee PR based on 'pressure' I feel when playing someone:

Lee
Avery
Freddy [Peak]
Cyphus [Always the same.]
Tim
Eet
Sudai
Freddy [Sloppy Mode]
Ricky
Austin
Pierre
Mura
Mark
Arcadia
Coby
Everpower

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
We need updates on this, because AFAIK, nothings happening at Lanime.

Prom and ACT this weekend for me, so no smash.
As far as I know, it's still happening. I suppose Curlz should start a thread about it soon.

D

Deleted member

If you were active then maybe you'd have a varied opinion, thats also hard to believe because you're so critical and have been judging me from a far since I started playing.
i have a varied opinion being inactive. i didnt mean that to sound like i thought tim was better, it was legitimately curiosity, not contradiction.

but yes i will judge you harder than most as i have judged freddy harder than most. remember that tournament you came to saying you would be VERY surprised if you didnt get second after lee? (it was the first tournament that was held for a long time because of brawl's release) then a lot of the top players ***** you and you got like 7-9th. its that type of mentality that makes me judge you harder than others. for a LONG time you claimed you were better than you ever preformed and it annoyed me. freddy has done the same thing for a long time but seems to have chilled out on it in the past couple of years. but you can ask him, ive always given him the same type of **** for it. you're probably preforming now to the spot you think you belong, but it was the old arrogance without play style to match that made me 'judge you from a far.'

and that was just an explanation.
like i said i was just curious with the previous question. and now it has been explained.

cyphus bi.

Curlz

Smash Lord
LAnime is being super difficult to get in touch with about the tournaments. For all I know, there is none this year. :[

I'm gonna get in touch with MechaCon though. That'll be the new Tasol. :]

Top Bottom