• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
Very Nice Lee! Good job man!

Atleast we're on the map.

And yes I can't stand 4 person brawl's when i get hit by every falcon punch and everyone else just sits there and doesn't want to interfer or attemp tto stop it.

If you guys come to dibbz on the 18th or whatever day it is please have a designated 1on1 TV with NO ITEMS.

I'm going for the title of best Mario in LA.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
wow lee is awsome, with that experince i dont see how lee will ever be loosing a brawl tourney in LA.

This game is fun played live, it has more arcade game feel to it. Im switching my main to metaknight.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
Good matches who ever It was i played at dibbz yesterday.

My Mario is e-MazinG.
That was me...your Mario blew me out of the water,but at least I hung a Falco out to dry. Makes me feel good about myself.

Also, I don't know who Lee is, being a newbie and all, but since he won an enormous tournament, nicely done. Hope to get my Power Suit handed to me by you soon.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
ill be @ dibbz on the 18th to play the baton rouge people.

Dibbz was fun last night, free for alls kinda sucked, but still fun. i would have like to played some 1 vs. 1 with ever and testament. Im really surprized at how well this game plays in real life, outside online and playing @ home', i like the fact that its more accesable for begginers yet the skilled will still win i.e Lee.
We should hold a tourney in lee's honor for winning and call it: lee is god

metaknight is too good & fun

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
So I got a text from someone yesterday that said Lee wins national tournaments.

Who wasted a text to tell me that dumb knowledge? <3 Lee Congrats dude.

*runs off to play melee*

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Well guys I (semi) officially have to host a tournament at my church again. Unfortunately, it'll be a scrub tourney. I had to force myself to understand that I can't offer money prizes and have a fund raiser at the same time. Either way I planned it up, it wouldn't work out. So now, since I won't be able to get any real smashers to come, it'll just be a bunch of scrubs duking it out.

Also, so I heard Lee won nationals? Good ****.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Dibbz was the ish last nite, especially when we got the 1v1 goin. Apologies to the two guys that Me and testament were playing in teams. But who were the Mario players I played last nite? I was the green Kirby, Lucario, and black Falco.

And a tourney this fri would be hotness

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
Oh Noz!!1!11 It another controlla!! =P

Haha it's cool, Greg. Just come by on Tuesday afternoon to come pick it up. I'm sure I'll be home. We can play a few games as well if you'd like. =]

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
DUDE! Matt, PM me your number. I lost it.

And is anyone here still playing melee? I'll be back in about a month. Hope I can get melee games in back <.<

Ambientlight

Smash Rookie
Thought I might give everyone an unofficial update. And word of mouth from mike/kevin at Dibbz. They plan on making the tvs / consoles at dibbz run on the cafemanagements system to where you no longer pay 4-5$ for a tv pass to. 4-5$ for 3-4 hours. And after the time limit is up the system will turn off. I really hope they get to busy to change it or decide on something else. but once again this is word of mouth from mike.

Hell yes I'd love a local tourny. Outa state tournys are out of my range atm and I dont feel skilled enough to compete in cross state tournys. It'd be a waste of gas and time.

Sudai

Stuff here
More news on the Play N Trade tourney. Sadly, the prize really sucks. $5 entry fee. All money goes to the store. 1st gets $75 in store credits...ghey. I didn't even bother asking what the other prizes were after that.

On another note: Does anyone know when INNs is this year?

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Fortunately, the Laser Tag tournament is only two weeks later! The winner will probably walk away $200-$300 richer. If I go to the Play N Trade, it'll mostly be for a warm-up tournament. I haven't played Brawl very much at all; it's been mostly pump for me.

Also, another Late Night will be April 25. I'd like to do a 1v1 no items kinda deal, but we might go FFA or something like that.

Sudai

Stuff here
I plan to go to the Play N Trade tournament still. It's gonna be a lot of kids from my school and I know I can beat them all. I want the $75 to go towards a PSP that I've been wanting for a while. I doubt it'd be a good warm up, but who knows, there might be some diamonds in the rough that could help out your warm up, or hell, even be good recruits to our BR smash scene (Something I'd really like so I don't have to drive 20 minutes to play with you guys~ : P)

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, now is the time to start getting more people involved with competitive smash. Do you know anything about the ruleset? I'm curious about items, 1v1/ FFA, and custom controls. If there's a no GC controller policy, then I'm probably out. Items and FFA might be manageable, it depends. Mostly though, it depends on how I feel: 4:00pm on a Sunday to start? I've got school and work Monday, so yeah. It's an iffy prospect as it is.

If nothing else, I'll let people know about my tournament, haha.

Sudai

Stuff here
Last I checked, which was a while ago, they were looking for more wavebirds (which I told them was a bad idea) so I'm fairly sure we can use game cube controllers. I'll talk to Chandler tomorrow about it all though. Any other questions you want me to ask him?

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Yes, haha. The most important ones would be these:

-1v1 / FFA question. What exactly would we be competing in?
-Items? If so, which ones?
-Is there an entry limit? If so, is there pre-registration? What is the expected/typical attendance?
-What's the format? Single or double elimination?

I think that covers the core of what would help me determine whether or not I'd wanna go and enter. If you could manage to get answers to that stuff for me, that'd be awesome.

Hah, if you can't tell, I'm a rule freak.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
I'm all up for whatever format this tourney has. I just have a question about homemade stages. Are we allowed to use them? I think that would be pretty cool.

I finished my awesome Mushroom Hill by the way, Sudai. It's awesome, but I forgot to show you. =P

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
I was thinking of making stages inspired by the BSL research station from Metroid Fusion, but they'd have to be the Observation Deck or the jettisoned Research Lab. Either would be awesome, but my Wii busted on me, so I'll have to wait till after the tournament, and after my move to Atlanta, to get into this whole thing again.
At least I know by now how to speedrun SSE.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
What are you talking about? And Ive never played falco or will play falco.
Nonono, you misread me.
The other night...Friday I believe it was...you showed up at Dibbz. I was playing as Samus, against a Falco, and I beat the aforementioned Falco. You then showed up with Mario and tore me apart, therefore cementing my belief that Brawl is crazy mad balanced.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
What's the dates on the Play N Trade tournament and the Laser Tag tournament? 5 bucks isn't too much and I don't care about the format, I just wanna give it a whirl. Also I may be able to find some folks who like doing FFA with items on a regular basis, that's something I've been missing.

[...] or hell, even be good recruits to our BR smash scene (Something I'd really like so I don't have to drive 20 minutes to play with you guys~ : P)
What I got out of this is that you're looking to replace us, ya ******* =p <3

Top Bottom