• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

ChKn

Smash Ace
I know we've said this before, but let's avoid tournament over-saturation as much as possible for Smash 4.

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
Guys high school is taking up my playtime and it's hard to do well while trying to pass on.Sorry guys but I'll have to be inactive for awhile...

I'll leave a note for everybody.

Ramsaur : I know you'll get a high placing soon,just play in a comfortable way.

JNIG : I haven't met you yet man but I'm glad your still the top from 08 until today.

Bomber : I hope you become a better player and all,good luck on hosting.

Gunner : Great streams man,I hope you get the WR.

& everybody else who I never associated with good luck and show Florida we aren't a joke.

Curlz

Smash Lord
JNig only wants to go to Apocalypse because he's afraid he'll lose his 1st place streak in LA if he comes to Play N Trade.

Sudai

Stuff here
Just waking up after the Shrimp. Was really fun. North LA really impressed me. There was randomly a lot more P:M talent than there usually it. GGs all.

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
Just waking up after the Shrimp. Was really fun. North LA really impressed me. There was randomly a lot more P:M talent than there usually it. GGs all.
Sudai that ivyssaur infuriates me and makes me play a style I don't like lol. I try not to Iyar spacies in pm but not I have to lol

Citrus

Smash Apprentice
Tha Shrimp 003: Return of the Salt King was great as usual fun hanging out with everybody and meeting all the north la people and new peeps

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
It's been decided: I'm going to Apocalypse 2. BSP (Of all people!) said he was willing to help me out, and he might as well go while doing so. Please please please someone else come with us, you will not be disappointed.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Added a Tournament Results section to the OP. This should help you PR panel guys out some. As of right now, it's going to list results from tournaments LA players have competed in for the whole year since the PR doesn't get updated but maybe once a year. I'm not going to go back and look for ALL the tournaments from this past year, but I'm starting with Open World and Shrimp 003, just so I get the ball rolling. Come 2014, we will obviously see more results added. Just as an announcement to ANYONE who goes OoS and competes. It will be YOUR responsibility to post the results thread here for me to see so I can copy-paste to the OP, assuming the TO from that given tournament doesn't already do it.

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
It's been decided: I'm going to Apocalypse 2. BSP (Of all people!) said he was willing to help me out, and he might as well go while doing so. Please please please someone else come with us, you will not be disappointed.
You know Justin, I might just skip out on Play N Trade and take you up on that.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
I'll go to apocalypse 2
You know Justin, I might just skip out on Play N Trade and take you up on that.
You two, and BSP: I need to know where I'd be picking you guys up from, if yall have any specific time frames as far as getting picked up Friday and coming back Sunday, etc, etc.

On Friday, I can get off work at noon and leave shortly after. I have no obligations Sunday to be back at a specific time. You can post here or text me your responses.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Added a Tournament Results section to the OP. This should help you PR panel guys out some. As of right now, it's going to list results from tournaments LA players have competed in for the whole year since the PR doesn't get updated but maybe once a year. I'm not going to go back and look for ALL the tournaments from this past year, but I'm starting with Open World and Shrimp 003, just so I get the ball rolling. Come 2014, we will obviously see more results added. Just as an announcement to ANYONE who goes OoS and competes. It will be YOUR responsibility to post the results thread here for me to see so I can copy-paste to the OP, assuming the TO from that given tournament doesn't already do it.

If you guys want to do the PR process, can one of you make an Excel spreadsheet with all of those that you are considering for the PR and list their W-L against each other?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkpyL5whIaNAdHRPLUE2c3BueFg2eFJFS0NyUlN1OFE#gid=0

D

Deleted member

http://smashboards.com/threads/tha-shrimp-001-results.336388/

http://smashboards.com/threads/tha-shrimp-002-results.340001/#post-15788270

shrimp 1 and 2 results for OP

ALSO, First 1-10 power ranking LA melee has had in like...7 years?

The 3 numbers are the player's placement in the first, second, and third shrimp (consecutively). X means they didnt attend, and L means last.

1. Taylor (3,1,1)
2. Freddy (1,2,3)
3. Tim (2,X,2)
4. Avery (4,X,4)
5. Sudai (5,4,7)
6. Jake (7,7,5)
7. Austin (5,X,9)
8. Xin (9,X,5)
9. Vaughn (9,5,13)
10. Dylan (9,7,9)

HM: James(L,L,7), Brandon(9,9,9), Pritch(X,X,9)
James went from double last to 7th place. Should really watch out for him.
Brandon apparently can't break the 9th place barrier, but he MM'd like half of the top 10 after the Shrimp 003 and won them all if I'm not mistaken.
Pritch came back to LA within the last month. If he spent as much time playing as he did johning, he would threaten every player on the list.

The list is made almost entirely on numerical values for placement in tournaments, with a little variance based on missed events or strange circumstances (The shrimp 2 was not very stacked. good placement there had less value). I think this is a really good starting point for discussion, or changes after future shrimps / smashcons. if someone disagrees with this i would love to talk about it.

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
http://smashboards.com/threads/tha-shrimp-001-results.336388/

http://smashboards.com/threads/tha-shrimp-002-results.340001/#post-15788270

shrimp 1 and 2 results for OP
I'm just hype I played friendlies with Dylan and went 50/50 with him. My first melee tournament rankings were bad but I did well in friendlies and still think my marth can whoop Brandon's falco. Definitely going to all future shrimps. DF and I should make a legit Ganon and mewtwo team for doubles

ALSO, First 1-10 power ranking LA melee has had in like...7 years?

The 3 numbers are the player's placement in the first, second, and third shrimp (consecutively). X means they didnt attend, and L means last.

1. Taylor (3,1,1)
2. Freddy (1,2,3)
3. Tim (2,X,2)
4. Avery (4,X,4)
5. Sudai (5,4,7)
6. Jake (7,7,5)
7. Austin (5,X,9)
8. Xin (9,X,5)
9. Vaughn (9,5,13)
10. Dylan (9,7,9)

HM: James(L,L,7), Brandon(9,9,9), Pritch(X,X,9)
James went from double last to 7th place. Should really watch out for him.
Brandon apparently can't break the 9th place barrier, but he MM'd like half of the top 10 after the Shrimp 003 and won them all if I'm not mistaken.
Pritch came back to LA within the last month. If he spent as much time playing as he did johning, he would threaten every player on the list.

The list is made almost entirely on numerical values for placement in tournaments, with a little variance based on missed events or strange circumstances (The shrimp 2 was not very stacked. good placement there had less value). I think this is a really good starting point for discussion, or changes after future shrimps / smashcons. if someone disagrees with this i would love to talk about it.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
After seeing all those characters, all I can say is game over. Friking Olimar man, then Samus to top it all off?

Better watch out, you better not cry, you better not john, I'm telling you why: The Green Lesbian is coming to town.

D

Deleted member

why doesnt gunner play P:M?
i thought his biggest problem with melee was not being able to change controller settings

Top Bottom